[Drama 2021] Secret Royal Inspector Joy, 어사조이뎐

agenth

This is just my personal thought - I don't like the 2 servants. On the acting side, they are trying hard to appear comedic, so it's not natural, and not funny, to me at least.

As characters, I find them too irreverent and spoiled. Their master treat them with kindness and feed them good food. Now they are more interested in eating than in helping their master. They are always complaining and dissing their master. They abuse his kindness, refuse to help him if possible, shirks their duties, and even treats their master badly, like stepping on this feet. Even if it is for the sake of comedy (duh!), I do not find it nice, in Joseon and modern times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Too be fair he lets them them get away with a lot and does not take their pettiness, whining   And complaining to heart and they do obey him however grudgingly. There is a lot of affection on both sides. 

I think they're more like friends/companions.  Even before his new job they would eat together after he cooked at home.  When they were undercover, Yook Chil asked for permission to have Bang Deuk enter the room and serve him when meeting with the magistrate.  They usually follow protocol when there are others present, but become more casual alone, OK really casual.

Ra Yi Eon was pretty much a loner, with his only real friend being the Crown Prince.  They probably helped through his mourning period.  Since then doesn't look like he spent much time outside of his home, other than shopping for groceries.

• Like 2

Couple of questions:

When did men start wearing adult attire? The guys were at were in their late teens and still dressing like kids. 

Where did Joy learn read and write? I don’t see teachers being at all interested in educating peasant women. 

I have no idea about the clothes.

As for the other question, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jo Yi taught herself. With her more futuristic thoughts on divorce, I could see her having more futuristic thoughts on learning, too. She definitely is the type to go for what she wants even if she has to do it all herself.

• Like 1

Been really busy this week, so didn't post the pics for the new episodes.  But before I gather them, I ran into this on my TL :omg:.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks like Ra Yi Eon is going to get a bit jealous.  That makes both ML in the two dramas I'm watching will be going through some serious thinking about their ladies. (I'm also watching Young Lady and a Gentleman).  Joy-i meets up with a childhood friend.  Maybe we'll see how she ended up getting married.  Looks like she might have been part of a noble family that met with some issues that caused her to become a commoner and her mother be sent to China.  Will Ra Yi Eon solve her case, too???

BTW that's Hakyeon (VIXX), who is also with Taec's acting agency 51K.

• Like 3

Loved the reunion, too.  Looonnnng hug.  Almost a kiss (initiated by Ra Yi Eon even!).  Invitation to stay the night :P.  Of course it will end up being the whole group again.  That's OK, our hero is warming up and ready to make the move.

Behind the scenes from Taecyeon's IG

The background music is a song he wrote for his Japanese Fan Meeting in 2020.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I found it pretty funny that Joy-i was so bold with the fake kiss and even teased Ra Yi Eon about if they had to do it again as a fake couple how could he handle it.  Now that it is for real, she becomes all shy :bashful:

tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.5 percent, marking a slight rise in from the previous episode’s 4.332 percent. “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” was the No. 1 cable drama of the night.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/our-beloved-summer-premieres-to-promising-rating-as-the-kings-affection-maintains-its-lead/#ixzz7EKdMu2Qo

• Blob 1

pre-release clip for Episode 10 encounter with old boyfriend :P

Ra Yi Eon's reaction is priceless.  Joy-i's reaction is hilarious. :lol:

Longer clip available here with VPN:  https://tv.naver.com/v/23945297

Old boyfriend and new boyfriend make eye contact!!

Episode 10 pics from TvN:

spacer.png

As much as Joy-i gave it to him in Episode 9, it looks like halmoni is giving him an earful.

spacer.png

Boys got their share, too.

Spoiler

spacer.png

I wonder how much evidence will stick.  The bad guys always seem to wiggle out of trouble.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Normally i would watch King's Affection first before Royal Inspector but this time around its Royal Inspector first then  King's Affection..:lol: ... read comments that KA's plot slowed somehow, it has been slowed for the past few episodes, hence i dont think i will miss much if i watched it a bit later.. haha..

Anyways, great that our couple is  finally and officially a couple, both taking leads to be together, which is good. Would love to see a scene where Joyi went into Ri Eon  home and met the grandmother. Im sure she will forced them to get married ASAp. Him being the only family member of the household. 

• Like 3