[Drama 2021/2022] Uncle,엉클

larus

Yes, episode 15 is really delightful with a lot of loose ends and previous conflicts being resolved.  But the end with Uncle being diagnosed with a serious heart issue that requires a heart transplant is a bummer.  I hope we get a happy ending despite the monkey wrench that was just tossed in!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

it's finally nice to have a delightful episode, especially the parallel confrontation between 2 mothers and their sons - phy and minki, shj and mks! the problem with the moms is they dont realize they have problems, and sadly they might never understand and realize their problems in the end after losing everything! 

it is so unnecessary to create this heart issue plot for uncle king! i always think this kind of storyline is so outdated! uncle has done a lot for his nephew and everyone; a clean and happy ending like having him getting married and have a family would be much nicer and better! probably just have to make up to 16-ep!

• Like 5

Finally, I am finished watching last night's episode and I enjoyed it so much except for Uncle's illness being discovered.

So finally, the ultimate villains - granny and Min Gi's mother lost everything they had. It's a perfect example that money and power never assure you happiness. And granny's ended up being crazy is the best treat ever.. B)

The wedding of Ji Hoo's mohtre and No Eul's father is really a magical segment! I love the cinematography! I always needed a happy ending for this life drama but why uncle being sick all of a sudden? I didn't see this one coming! :bawling: I remember in the 7 years later segment in episode 14, young Ji Hoo says that uncle disappeared again.. It means uncle is still alive but no one can find him anywhere, right? Still rooting for a happy ending! Can't wait for the finale tonight.. :heart:

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021/2022] Uncle,엉클

Finally finished watching the last episode and I am so happy because it's a happy ending! Ha ha.. The wife beanie girl is so funny post marriage that the husband J king can't win against her. :D It's so sweet! Glad that uncle is back healthy. Everything looks perfect. Just the way I like it! :heart:

And it was such a beautiful journey for 2 months with this series! I will re-watch it for sure. See you all in another drama thread! Have a nice day, everyone. B)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

Another great performance by Oh Jung Se. From "When the Camellia Blooms" to "The Stove League" to "It's Ok to not be ok" he just shows so much versatility.

I enjoyed his chemistry with the child actor who played Ji Hoo, his nephew. You can tell the young fella enjoyed acting with him too.

Wished we got to meet the grown up No Eul. Bet she's real popular with the boys LoL. Also wished Joon Hee added another member to their family but it's ok 'cause now Ji Hoo himself is an uncle LoL.

No Eul's dad now wears glasses ha-ha. Joon Hyuk gets the daughter he wanted and everyone's happy.. it was a heartwarming family drama. Just wished they do away with the grandma & Gangto Money shenanigans LoL with the moms yikes.

Take care now. Ciao~

• Like 3

“Uncle Oh Jeong-se’s first impression!”… ‘Uncle’ Lee Kyung-hoon, Yoon Hae-bin, now reveals

IBQU7IKGFJGZNLT4KNUZH44SDQ.jpg

TV CHOSUN's Saturday mini-series 'Uncle' will air a special broadcast 'Uncle Special - Unfinished Story' to relieve the regret of the ending at 7 pm on the 1st (today).

In 'Uncle Special - The Unfinished Story', Lee Kyung-hoon as Min Ji-hoo and Yoon Hae-bin as Juno-eul, who were loved by viewers for their cute chemistry and cute charm in the play, will be MCs. From the script reading scene where the two met in May, the story behind the filming set, and the famous scene revisiting the fun and emotion of 'Uncle', the two burst into full of information and fun for the entire 60 minutes.

In particular, Yoon Hae-bin said that Lee Sang-woo, who plays Joo Kyung-il, was the most different person from her first impression and said, "At first, he was blunt, but like Joo Gyeong-il, he is very kind and sweet." Lee Kyung-hoon also said about his first impression of Oh Jeong-se as his uncle, Wang Jun-hyeok, "I felt it the moment I first saw him. Oh, we are a heavenly relationship.” He boasted that it was already perfect breathing from his first meeting. In addition, he added a pleasant first impression of Jeon Hye-jin, the mother of Wang Jun-hee, and burst into laughter at the scene.

Moreover, the two introduced the on-site making of Wang Jun-hyeok and Mambley, who were not seen in the drama, and said, "You are so close, but when you see the sudden change in your eyes as soon as you start filming, you seem really immersed. ” he exclaimed in admiration.

Also, while digging into the famous scene that made the viewers laugh and cry, Lee Kyung-hoon looked back at the scene where Min Ji-hoo stood on the stage to catch Wang Jun-hyeok in the ending of episode 4 and said, "At that time, I sang with a desperate feeling that my uncle might leave." He showed his appearance and made the scene swell.

On the other hand, there was also a corner introducing the growth period of 'Top 4 best child actors in this area', an essential part of 'Uncle'. In addition to Min Ji-hoo and Yoon Hae-bin, Min Ji-hoo's girlfriend and Kim Yu-ra (Hwang Woo-seul-hye)'s daughter, Kim Ha-yeon, who presented cute charms; The appearance of the child actors who are small and young, such as Park Si-wan, who plays the deep-seated son, Park Se-chan, but who showed eye-catching acting skills, catches the eye. The production team said, "We prepared a special broadcast with the desire to repay the viewers' love and interest in 'Uncle' in the meantime." I hope you can feel the energy.”

https://www.chosun.com/culture-life/broadcast-media/2022/02/01/2AFJYM6KSFDXZGCCBCSJGAYXFU/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Great end to the series, wrapping up almost everyone's storylines and giving us a happy ending for our leads. It was gratifying to see that J King had had a successful career and was now happy in life and family. And Ji Hoo got to be a typical glamorous kpop star who had to wear makeup. :lol:

To think back to the beginning of the show, when Ji Hoon and his mom were all alone, estranged from Samchon, and to see all of them now with a larger community and family was wonderful.

Sorry to harp on this, but I still can't believe Kyung Il was just a webtoon artist. I guess he was just a very well-connected webtoon artist. But what was up with the ladies' photos on his bulletin board? Something still doesn't feel right. But I will let it go....:P

• Like 2

I loved it. That was awesome.

I can't get over how EVIL the evil moms were. They were willing to literally KILL people.

- Mombly Diamond had her daughter's boyfriend and Jun-hyeok locked up in a freezer to let them freeze to DEATH.

- Earlier, she left Jun-hyeok to die after being stabbed by the boyfriend

- She falsely accused Jun-hui of trying to murder her daughter, so she would actually let Jun-hui rot in jail for the rest of her life

- Evil Grandma tied Jun-hyeok up and kept him in her basement! For days! During which time he had no water or food! Both she and Mombly Diamond were ready to kill him to get rid of him!

I guess we're supposed to think they got their just desserts? Grandma was betrayed by her a-hole son and lost her mind (but not her loyal servants). Mombly Diamond's kids hate her, but she's still not in jail for her many attempted murders.

So that was weird. Still fun, but definitely a fair share of WTF.

But it was still an awesome show with so much energy and good vibes. Didn't totally enjoy his last-minute heart disease but still really great show, overall.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just ride on this series and only finished Ep 07. And just that few episode I am already wishing hoping Park Hye-Ryeong will be stripped to the worst kind of poverty and the Congressman will not even lift a finger to help her at that point... Even better the Congressman will be prisoned for false backing and helping ParkHR.
Likewise the blind bat Cheong Da-jung will be sentenced to 5 years community work whereby she has to clean the streets, dumpster...actually the worst place of all is the best place for her since she can easily open her mouth and lie thru and thru using her status and money.
Come to think about it... Cheong DJ husband is not even staying in the same apt as her and he is happily hanging out with younger mistress.  How great would that be if someone caught that on video and just share that online making sure faces are very clear.  
Hmmm...Am thinking Park HR is divorced or her husband is staying with his mistress.
Now based on that why are they considered "owners" whereby their lifestyle is so horrifying filled with lies and "show" compared to "Renters" who are living honest living to the best possible.
And how great is PHR that she can easily threaten people not to employ Wang Joon-hee. Is PHR so powerful that everyone literally licks her feet. 
Took lots of control not to explode watching PHR and her "slaves". Yes I refer the so-called Royal Momvely's as "slaves"
Am glad Kim Yoo-ra has some sense to know what's right and what's not... Am glad she has the sense to be thankful when her daughter "missing" was found by both Wang Joon-hyeok and Min Ji-hu. And she being thankful she gave her vote to Joon-hyeok for the BlueBird Election.  Also was happy to see her tell all of them off at that "so-called" meeting and how she walked out. Shivers to see Park HR shedding false tears to the point of prepared to resign... ouch... she is even prepared to kill her own daughter in the hospital. Is there no CCTV in the hospital patient room?
Bet she wants her daughter to die then she can put Joon hee in prison for life.
Apologies...whenever PHR appears and open her mouth... i had to mute that moment as her voice erks me so much that I am so tempted to fast forward...yet control my fingers so as not to miss any other scheme she has.
Now back to Ep 08 and hereon watching because of Ji-hu, No-Eul. Oh I want to see more of Hot Bar Owner Jang Ik. He is just so sweet indeed. Am saying that because I am also currently re-watching the same actor in Joseon Gunman and he is not so sweet there. What a contrast. :)

• Like 1

@jojoanna Great review of events so far! Takes me back to how disgusted and angry I was at the Momvelies and the treatment Park Hye Ryeong's daughter received at the hands of her mother. Ugh - she is an awful person behaving very badly!!

Ji Hu, his mom, and his uncle are definitely the highlights of the show.

Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

@the_sweetroad

thanks.

EP 11 is making me frustrated because the uncle is "stupid" beyond... At this point I wish his uncle to be back in prison till Ji-hu reach 18years of age then the uncle will be released. How can he even think of going to that house to look for his nephew. Doesn't he already realise the life his sister and nephew went thru? Does he seriously believe it is a disneyworld over in the "grandma" house?
Just Ep 11 itself...i see excuses after excuses made by the uncle for not being able to write lyrics. Maybe he should go live a few years of seafarer life.
Ep 11 really plenty of frustration
1. Uncle / Joon Hyeok
2. Mother / Joon-hee... just 100% break off with No-eul's father once and for all. Why bother ask him to wait? Cruelty beyond indeed. What difference is she from all those momvely?
3. Ouch Ouch Ouch Park HR is back and as a consultant and "possible" mistress to Kim YR husband?
4. Current momvely Diamond Cheon Da-Jung is really a "no-brain". Does she not know the background of Shin Hwa-Ja? SHJ owns a company that is almost like a "high-class" loan shark. SHJ probably evade tax, cheat, fraud, even far more than what PHR has done. And Cheon DJ actually list out the fault of PHR to SHJ? Does CDJ not know how PHR got out from prison so early? 
5. Kim YR / So-dam's mom...she is craving for attention esp from her husband. Watching the meal scene drinking beer and how her husband is actually digging for information... Doesn't she find it strange that never once is he interested in her at all and always ask her to "shut-up" yet now he wants her to talk?

Going to be a roller-coaster ride for me as I continue watching...

• Like 1