Production Company:

OST: part 1 Chu Sang Min- On The Beach

part2  Chu Sang Min - Be Your Side

part 3 Lunch (중식이) - Blue Bird

part 4 Lee Kyung Hoon (이경훈) -Stay With Me

part 5 Chu Sang Min (추상민), Lee Kyung Hoon (이경훈) - Living Together

Chu Sang Min- Your Dream

part 6   Chu Sang Min -Time To Say Goodbye
         part 7 Lee Kyung Hoon (이경훈), Yoon Hae Bin (윤해빈), Kim Ha Yun, Park Si Wan (박시완), Brillante Children's Choir-  Butterfly

Official site:http://broadcast.tvchosun.com/broadcast/program/1/C202100088.cstv

Plot

A music drama about and unemployed uncle and his 12-year-old nephew.

'Uncle' tells the story of an elementary school student who suffers from anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder due to the divorce of his mother, whom her uncle, a loser musician with a lack of affection, resigned. The three people who entered the rental apartment next to the Royal State in Gangnam 4 district, who call themselves the upper-middle class, are planning to deliver strong consensus, warm consolation, and encouragement through the survival period of a crisis. (Google translation)

Notes

'Uncle' is a remake of a BBC drama of the same name that aired from 2012 to 2017.

Cast

Oh Jung Se as Wang Joon Hyuk

Jeon Hye Jin as Wang Jun-hee

Park Sun young as Park Hye-ryeong

Lee Sang Woo as Joo Gyeong-il

Hwang Woo Seul Hye  as Kim Yu-ra

Lee Si-won as Song Hwa-eum

Jang Hee Ryung as Jang Yeon-joo

Song Ok-sook as Shin hwa-ja

Ahn Seok-hwan as Jang Ik

Jung Soo-young as Cheon Da-jeong

Yoon Hee-seok as Min Kyung-soo

Sooyoung as (cameo)

Characters

Wang Jun-hyeok / A loser musician who lacks affection

He inherited his talent from his father, an unknown musician. He won the final victory in the survival audition pro, which he had been challenging for many years, and won 100 million in prize money, but his debut was canceled because his older sister took the money. Jun-hyeok, who had no talent other than music, was scammed by his friend with the money he had accumulated for 10 years, and never gave up on his dream even though he boarded an anchovy fishing boat. Then, one day, he receives a call that his older sister, whom he thought was living well, took the son and divorced him.

Wang Jun-hee/ An alcoholic divorced woman with a child

After her divorce after 12 years, she and Ji-hoo move into a rental apartment in Seongjak-gu, where racism is rampant. The constant fingering and gossip of the people in her royal apartment, Jun-hee, who has to advance without her armor to avoid her mother-in-law and her ex-husband, who are trying to find her Ji-hoo and take her custody of her. She desperately needed someone to help Jun-hee now, and the only person she could ask for was her younger brother, Jun-hyeok, who had lost her dreams and her life because of herself.

Min Ji-hoo/ Jun-hyeok's nephew

He grew up in a wealthy, but unhappy family environment and unbalanced adults, and became an adult who noticed coaching. His music was the only way out for Ji-hoo, who suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety after a childhood of chaos and anxiety due to the many rules and abuses. He's embarrassed to be living with his very strange maternal uncle after he ran away from his grandmother. In a world of adults full of selfishness, can Ji-hoo, an uncle who lacks a safety device, achieve her dream of being normal like the other children?

Park Hye-ryeong/ Seongjak-gu A diamond, the president of Mambly, a mom club in the Royal State, a symbol of the development of Seongjak-gu.

With her perfect appearance, elegant and noble attitude and charisma, the neighborhood queen bee is admired, trusted, admired and admired by all local moms. However, she is the ruler of the Royal State who ruins anyone who looks at her with power.

Joo Kyung-il/ Noeul-i's father, a widowed man living in the Royal State of 40 pyeong.

He is tall, has a good personality, is handsome, has good manners, is popular, but has no scandals. He doesn't show much and always keeps a gentle distance from people, but he gets closer to Ji-hoo's family, who moved into rental, and actively helps Jun-hyeok, earning the resentment of mothers.

Posters

l_2021111202000743000152531.webp

Characters chart

70076cae7587cf44527afc0ab7f12ccda6624b79

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jeongse Oh, Hyejin Jeon, Sunyoung Park, Sangwoo Lee, Seulhye Hwang confirmed to appear on TV Chosun'Uncle' Seoul = News 1) Reporter Ahn Tae-hyun = Actor Oh Jeong-se Jeon Hye-jin Park Sun-young Lee Sang-woo Hwang Woo Seul-hye has confirmed the appearance of'Uncle'.

optimize

TV CHOSUN's new drama'Uncle' (played by Park Ji-sook/director Ji Young-soo) said on the 18th, "The lineup of leading actors leading to Oh Jeong-se Jeon Hye-jin Park Sun-young Lee Sang-woo Hwang Woo Seul-hye was finalized.

'Uncle' tells the story of the niece of an elementary school student who suffers from anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder due to the divorce of her older sister, whom her uncle, a loser musician with a lack of affection, resigned. The three people who entered the rental apartment next to the Royal State in Gangnam 4 district, who call themselves the upper-middle class, are planning to deliver strong consensus, warm consolation, and encouragement through the survival period of a crisis.

'Uncle' is a remake of a BBC drama of the same name that aired from 2012 to 2017. Based on the verified story, director Ji Young-soo, who boasted a delicate directing with'Nine Room' and'Falling for Innocence', and writer Park Ji-sook, who wrote'Spring Day of My Life' and'Hero', joined forces.

In the play, Oh Jeong-se played the role of Wang Jun-hyuk, a loser unemployed musician who stood on the edge of a cliff due to betrayal and fraud. Wang Joon-hyuk is a person who is reborn as an unexpected'parenting ankle' while acting as the only son of his older sister who appeared out of nowhere after divorce, and as a child with obsessive-compulsive nephew.

Jeon Hye-jin plays the role of Wang Jun-hee, a divorced woman who faces her bare body in order to protect her son after dividing her husband, who had been wielding her violence, after 12 years of her marriage. Joonhee Wang is a figure who faces the gaze of her mother-in-law, her ex-husband, and her unfriendly surroundings, who are trying to take her custody after moving to a rented apartment in a castle zone where group discrimination is rampant.

Park Sun-young plays the role of Park Hye-ryeong, chairman of'Mambley', a mom cafe in the Royal State, a symbol of the development of Seongjak-gu. Park Hye-ryeong is a local queen bee and an indisputable ruler who is equipped with her perfect appearance and charisma and receives the respect, trust, envy and follow-up of all'hearts' in the neighborhood.

Lee Sang-woo appears as Joo Gyeong-il, a child-raising daddy living in the Royal State, and exudes a unique soft charisma. Joo Kyung-il is a perfect man who has a warm personality, a warm appearance, and a sweet manner, and is a perfect man who is monopolizing the popularity of the apartment, and after his bereavement, he raises his daughter alone.

Hwang Woo Seul-hye is the face madam of the Royal State'Mombly' club, and Park Hye-ryeong's right arm is Kim Yu-ra. Kim Yu-ra, the mother goddess who is welcomed everywhere for her outstanding appearance, is admired and admired after Park Hye-ryeong.

The production crew said, "'Uncle' will present a new drama that has never been seen with a combination of a solid script, director, and actors." He said, "Please look forward to the performance of the actors and the work'Uncle' that will bring sympathy and healing through generations." Meanwhile,'Uncle' is scheduled to be broadcast in the second half of this year.

(Google translation)

https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2021051815518252064

• Like 3
  • Love 2

MAY 18 2021

Main cast announced for TV Chosun drama “Uncle”

Uncle_Korean_Drama-a00.jpeg

Oh Jung-SeJeon Hye-JinPark Sun-Young, Lee Sang-Woo, and Hwang Woo Seul Hye are cast in TV Chosun drama series “Uncle.” The drama series is a remake of U.K. sitcom “Uncle” starring Nick Helm and Elliot Speller-Gillott. Oh Jung-Se will play lead character Wang Joon-Hyeok. His life is in the pits, but he begins to take of his nephew.

“Uncle” will air sometime in the second half of this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Joon-Hyeok (Oh Jung-Se) is an unpopular musician. He’s like a loser and his life has hit rock bottom. He has broken off his relationship with his older sister Joon-Hee (Jeon Hye-Jin). One day, Joon-Hee’s son appears in front of him. His nephew became OCD after Joon-Hee divorced. Joon-Hyeok begins to live with his nephew and takes care of him.

Meanwhile. Joon-Hee divorced her husband after 12 years of marriage. Her ex-husband was physically abusive to her. She moves into a cheap rented apartment and must deal with her ex-husband and his mother, as they try to take custody of her son.

Hey-Ryeong (Park Sun-Young) is a resident of the expensive apartment complex Royal State. She is the president of the mothers’ community at the apartment complex and is admired by the other mom members. Kyeong-Il (Lee Sang-Woo) is a resident at Royal State. He has a sweet and warm personality. After his wife died, he has raised his daughter alone. Yoo-Ra (Hwang Woo Seul Hye) is a member of the mothers’ community and admires Hey-Ryeong.

Main cast announced for TV Chosun drama “Uncle” | AsianWiki Blog

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Park Sun-young, a new nest in Cube Entertainment... "Appearing in TV Chosun's Uncle"

UK6U2KS26XZMM6HVDZHCA5EATY.jpg

Cube Entertainment made this announcement through a reporter on the 26th May. Cube Entertainment said, "Park Sun-young is continuing her activities by digesting various roles regardless of genre with a solid acting skill. In JTBC's'Couple's World', which aired last year, Ye-rim Ko, a character who has a graceful character but cannot know the insides. "In the TV Chosun new drama'Uncle', which is scheduled to air in the second half of the year, Park Sun-young is decomposed into the role of Park Hye-ryeong, chairman of'Mombly', a mom cafe in the Royal State, a symbol of the development of Seongjak-gu". She said, "I will perform an intense acting that contrasts with my appearance.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/05/26/BD3WIXHTBSOHN6627PI7NJIIWM/

• Like 5

Actress Lee Si Won reportedly cast for TVCHOSUN drama Uncle . She will play the role of Song Hwa-eum who is a primary school teacher.

Actor Lee Si-won continues his 'hard work' at the same time as he gets married. According to a report on Spotify News on the 8th, Siwon Lee has confirmed to appear in TV Chosun's new drama 'Uncle' (played by Park Ji-sook, directed by Ji Young-soo).

http://ph.spotvnews.co.kr/news/photo/202106/425068_538023_0905.jpg

'Uncle' is a drama based on the BBC drama of the same name. In the drama, Siwon Lee takes on the role of Song Hwa-eum, a pretty and straight elementary school teacher, and works with Oh Jeong-se, who plays the role of Wang Jun-hyeok, an uncle who stands at the edge of a cliff after being scammed.

In particular, Siwon Lee attracts attention by confirming her next project along with her marriage. She is from Seoul National University, and Lee Si-won, who is called the 'brain sex girl', the representative of the entertainment industry, is getting married to a doctor, a Seoul National University alumni, this month.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=425068

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!

I am keeping my ye on this drama as I like Oh Jung Se. So they already started shooting? Any pics of Oh Jung Se on the drama set @larus chingu??! I think he will rock this drama as the male lead! :)

Since Oh Jung Se is a musician in the drama he might have to take music lessons?? Very interesting!

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Thank you @larus chingu for the trailer! Any idea about the premiere date??! And is this gonna be another life drama? I love the cinematography in the trailer!

This sounds a perfect drama for me! Looking forward to see the interactions between this duo.:)

E8Qk-L4VcAE8DpW?format=jpg&name=medium

E8Qk-a9VcAMKxdF?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Thank you @larus chingu for the trailer! Any idea about the premiere date??! And is this gonna be another life drama? I love the cinematography in the trailer!

This sounds a perfect drama for me! Looking forward to see the interactions between this duo.

I also think it will be a good drama for me to watch.

I`ve read that the premiere will be on 28th August but I don`t think it is true anymore. They have started promoting so it won`t take long until we`ll see this drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Oh Jung-se comes to save his nephew in first teaser for Uncle

by tccolb

unctea8.jpg

A new teaser has been released for TV Chosun’s upcoming drama Uncle featuring lead actors Oh Jung-se (The Good Detective, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay) and Lee Kyung-hoon (Memorist).

A remake of the BBC sitcom by the same name, Uncle is a coming-of-age story about family, and stars Oh Jung-se as a struggling, loner musician. After getting betrayed and scammed out of his savings, he’s already at the end of his rope when his estranged sister shows up out of the blue and asks for help. After being coerced into moving in with her and her son, the drama follows Oh as he helps take care of his nephew and as the two develop an unlikely bond.

Oh Jung-se’s sister is played by Jeon Hye-jin (Forest of Secrets 2). She’s finally divorced her abusive husband of 12 years and moves into a new apartment with her son, played by Lee Kyung-hoon. But her ex is fighting her for custody over their son, and Jeon is struggling to raise Lee on her own. To make things even more complicated, Lee also suffers from anxiety and OCD.

The cast lineup also includes Park Sun-young (A Couple’s World), Lee Sang-woo (Reach of Sincerity), and Hwang Woo-seul-hye (Crash Landing on You), who will be Oh Jung-se and Jeon Hye-jin’s new neighbors.

In the newly released teaser, we get a preview of the story from young Lee Kyung-hoon’s perspective. As the family drives to their new home, Lee notices the women looking at their car and he narrates: “Unfamiliar neighborhood, cold glances.” The camera continues to follow Lee as he goes to his new school, tries to ignore a bully, and hides in a bathroom stall when he’s upset. We see Lee Kyung-hoon clapping along sadly while the other children and adults enjoy an activity.

Next, we cut to Oh Jung-se walking slowly up the stairs to meet Lee Kyung-hoon. Lee continues, “When I was struggling to get through each day, like a miracle he appeared in front of me: my savior, my superman.” As Oh Jung-se and Lee Kyung-hoon look at each other through the window, someone off-screen asks Oh who he came to see. Oh Jung-se responds that he is Lee’s uncle and the teaser closes on Lee Kyung-hoon’s small smile. Introducing the drama, Lee states, “My uncle’s story.”

Written by Park Ji-sook (My Spring Days) and directed by PD Ji Young-soo (Room No. 9), TV Chosun’s Uncle premieres later this year.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/oh-jung-se-comes-to-save-his-nephew-in-first-teaser-for-uncle/

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I read some rumors that drama Uncle will air on August 28 and now I read it will be December 4. So that`s mean it will be a Saturday& Sunday drama. I think the later is corect. We`ll see.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, larus said:

I read some rumors that drama Uncle will air on August 28 and now I read it will be December 4. So that`s mean it will be a Saturday& Sunday drama. I think the later is corect. We`ll see.

Chingu, is it possible that they start promoting the drama 4 months before the premiere date? I guess Uncle would air in October? December is still too far! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Chingu, is it possible that they start promoting the drama 4 months before the premiere date? I guess Uncle would air in October? December is still too far!

For exemple they released in December last year the first stills of Jirisan and they will air the drama in October. Same with Netflix Sea of Silence. We know that they finished filming in April (i think) and they released even a picture with the whole cast in astronaut costumes but no airing date yet. Sometimes they released a short teaser long before the airing date.

Yes, it is possible but we don`t know the official airing date yet. It is possible to be sooner. Let see if they will show other promotional materials. I hope it is sooner rather than later.

• Love 1