[Drama 2021/2022] Uncle,엉클

larus

Sooyoung Reacts To Surprising News In Special Appearance For “Uncle”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 21, 2022
by S. Nam

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung will be making a cameo in TV Chosun’s “Uncle”!

“Uncle” is a remake of BBC’s sitcom with the same title. It is about an unemployed musician Wang Joon Hyuk (Oh Jung Se) who ends up having to look after his nephew Min Ji Hoo (Lee Kyung Hoon) after his sister Wang Joon Hee (Jeon Hye Jin) gets a divorce. The drama looks closely into the transformation of the uncle as he learns to look after others and becomes a responsible adult.

The newly released stills give a sneak preview of Sooyoung’s cameo in the show. In her upcoming special appearance, Sooyoung is an actress who has just wrapped up filming. The stills capture the gradual change in her expression after reading an article online. The first photo depicts her looking over an article with her manager regarding Jay King (Oh Jung Se). Sooyoung leans over to look at her manager’s phone and smiles brightly.

Sooyoung.jpg

However, in the next photo, Sooyoung looks surprised while holding onto her manager’s phone. The actress then wears an expression full of concern.

Sooyoung-2.jpg

Spoiler

Sooyoung-5.jpg

Sooyoung first worked with “Uncle” scriptwriter Park Ji Sook in the 2014 drama “My Blooming Life.” Having impressed with her roles in various dramas and films since then, Sooyoung leaves a strong impression on viewers with her brief preview. Despite the short filming period, the actress easily slipped into character and made the upcoming episode even more lively and interesting with her presence.

The production team shared, “We sincerely give our thanks to actress Choi Sooyoung, who readily made time and supported the drama amidst her busy schedule. Please anticipate this week’s broadcast to see what scene Choi Sooyoung will appear in and how she will showcase an impactful performance.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509334wpp/sooyoung-reacts-to-surprising-news-in-special-appearance-for-uncle

• Like 4

'Uncle', the reason why it didn't have the final modifier

9f38033b-2dac-4e72-bf5d-a3f17040d3c0.jpg

The TV Chosun drama 'Uncle' captured a certain audience with its distinct colors. The material is quite 'stuffy'. School violence, child abuse, school bullying, discrimination against renters, premarital pregnancy, attempted suicide, tyranny of mom cafes, etc. However, in the process of unraveling the problem, it finds a way to solve it without being irritating.

At one time, 'Maramat Drama' spread like a fad. Its spicy yet astringent taste definitely captivated viewers. However, it is far from a work of art because it focuses on the stimulation of the moment.

A typical example is last year's SBS 'Penthouse' series. If 'Penthouse' handled the school violence process in too much detail throughout the broadcast, causing controversy over sensationalism, 'Uncle' takes a different approach. It does not approach the perpetrator from the perspective of the perpetrator, nor does it inflate the fact of the victim. This is possible because he has a warm gaze when an incident occurs in the play.

c8cd09e2-d786-43bd-962f-6975c9468021.jpg

Episode 12 recorded the highest rating of 10.2%, breaking its own highest rating once again. As a result, 'Uncle' took first place in the weekly mini-series for the second week in a row. The first episode's ratings rose from 2.351% to 8%. Why is 'Uncle' showing steady growth like this? The biggest reason is that 'Uncle''s theme intentions leave a lasting impression on many people in an era when good adults are needed. The work raises a strong topic of what a 'good adult' is.

Although it was drawn comically at the beginning of the broadcast, parents do not easily pass by Wang Jun-hyeok (Oh Jeong-se), who wanders around the elementary school with a suspicious appearance. Also, when Wang Jun-hyeok takes Min Ji-hoo (Lee Kyung-hoon) to the gas station, the gas station staff also sends an S.O.S hand signal to Min Ji-hoo, keeping in mind the possibility of her being kidnapped. The elements placed here and there are the strengths of 'Uncle'.

In addition, like a music drama, healing, growth, and a better future are always discussed. As it is a story that there is a healing because there is a wound, the focus is on what is not uncomfortable for the viewers. In this process, the acting ensemble of Oh Jeong-se and Jeon Hye-jin strongly supports the story.

Of course, since the material is the material, there are unavoidable stories of primary colors. This is a scene where Park Hye-ryeong (Park Seon-young) frames Do-kyung Jang (Kim Min-cheol) for sexual assault in order to hide the pregnancy of Shin Chae-yeong (Choi Gyu-ri). However, the scene where Shin Chae-young fell from the roof of her apartment was boldly omitted. It is the director's painstaking effort to maintain the color of 'Uncle' itself.

The rise of 'Uncle', who has definitely built a genre-specific color, is steep. The work landed 3rd in the weekly ranking announced by the online video service wave, revealing the potential of 'good taste'. Accordingly, attention is focused on whether 'Uncle' will be able to continue its favorable reviews by breaking its own record again for the remaining 4 episodes.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022011709150005082

In the 13th and 14th episodes of the weekend drama 'Uncle', Oh Jeong-se, Jeon Hye-jin, and Lee Sang-woo's rescue operation is underway for Lee Kyung-hoon.

http://cdn.lecturernews.com/news/photo/202201/87711_300167_1939.png

Today, the 22nd (Sat) and 23rd (Sun) at 21:00 TV Chosun's Saturday and Sunday drama <Uncle (Director Ji Young-soo, Seong-jun Seong / PD Park Chae-won / Writer Park Ji-sook)> episodes 13 and 14 will be broadcast. In the last 12 episodes, the highest rating was 8.3% (Nielsen Korea). The first episode had an audience rating of 2.4% (Nielsen Korea).

http://www.lecturernews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=87711

• Like 3

Today's episode is a real treat, and what we've been waiting for... Grandma and her dumb son hauled off by the authorities!  Their corruption will be exposed by Uncle and the A team, so happiness is on the way.  Can't wait for subs!

• Like 4

Finally I've watched episode 13 and feeling so happy to see evil granny and her dumb son are going down the road. B) But uncle and nephew duo sure have to suffer consequences. This is so fun to watch! Now that there are only 3 episodes left, I expect a fast cleanup for all the villains. Can't wait for tonight's episode.

Gonna miss this show a lot! :bawling:

• Like 6

A little confusing at the end of episode 14 when there is a 7 year jump and nephew is a pop star being interviewed.  He claims that "uncle disappeared".  I don't know if that is a diversion tactic so he's no longer being harassed, but I would hate to think that Uncle is no longer a part of Ji Hoo's life as JH becomes successful.  Anyway, episode 14 is great. :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, msmy said:

A little confusing at the end of episode 14 when there is a 7 year jump and nephew is a pop star being interviewed.  He claims that "uncle disappeared".  I don't know if that is a diversion tactic so he's no longer being harassed, but I would hate to think that Uncle is no longer a part of Ji Hoo's life as JH becomes successful.  Anyway, episode 14 is great. 

It was good episode. Yeah I was so confuse with the 7 year time jump. I hope they find the Uncle.

• Like 4

Finally caught up on four episodes this weekend. The show sometimes gives a little bit of whiplash because the dramas are extremely stressful and real...until they're not (i.e. Ji Hoo needing to fly out of the country first thing in the morning....and then it's only brought up one more time before he seemingly never has to worry about it again).

But it was great to see So Dam's mom play both sides, Se Chan's mom come around to kindness, and Ji Hoon get to spend so much time with his mom and uncle. I hate seeing halmeoni hit Ji Hoo, though. :angry:

And I wish Kyung Il had more scenes! He's been quiet lately. We're still not any closer to figuring out who he really is, either.

That cat fight at the campaign ceremony! That was amazing! :lol:

5 hours ago, msmy said:

A little confusing at the end of episode 14 when there is a 7 year jump and nephew is a pop star being interviewed.  He claims that "uncle disappeared".  I don't know if that is a diversion tactic so he's no longer being harassed, but I would hate to think that Uncle is no longer a part of Ji Hoo's life as JH becomes successful. 

Yeah, that was so strange. That would be so sad if he and Jin Hyuk were no longer in touch.

• Like 5

TV Chosun’s “Uncle” continues to gain viewers with each new episode! 

On January 23, viewership ratings for “Uncle” approached the double digits as they soared to a new all-time high. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the hit drama scored an average nationwide rating of 9.3 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/uncle-records-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-snowdrop-and-bulgasal-see-rise/#ixzz7IqscL3tO

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

i was hoping that someone here might have some insider tip about has happened to uncle king after 7 yrs. they did live together after he claimed the child custody right! i just want a happy ending for the last 2 eps - jihoo's mom will remarry and living as a 4-member family household, king gets his career and also married the teacher... it has been a very tiring journey for the last so many episodes dealing with the grandma and the crazy family.:crybaby:

• Like 7

“Uncle” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet As “Snowdrop” And “Bulgasal” Rise

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 24, 2022
by E. Cha

TV Chosun’s “Uncle” continues to gain viewers with each new episode! 

On January 23, viewership ratings for “Uncle” approached the double digits as they soared to a new all-time high. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the hit drama scored an average nationwide rating of 9.3 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509746wpp/uncle-achieves-its-highest-viewership-ratings-yet-as-snowdrop-and-bulgasal-rise

• Like 4

Finally watched yesterday's episode and I was so worried that the series ended at episode 14 as it took a 7 years leap ahead! But no.. The party is yet to begin. I think they will show flashbacks of what happened 7 years ago in the finale episodes! Can't wait to see how the uncle and the nephew take down the villains together! B)

• Like 6

When I saw Oh Jung Se as the leading actor in this show, I knew I needed to watch this. But this show was so much more heartwarming (and also heartbreaking all at the same time) than I had expected. I cried so many times throughout the 14 episodes because Joon Hyeok and Ji Hoo's characters just tear me up apart. So much emotions. I really hope it has a happy ending.

This is a love story I never knew I needed. A love story between an uncle and his nephew. Everytime Joon Hyeok tries for Ji Hoo so very hard to get him back and everytime Ji Hoo desires so badly to be with his uncle again I'm just like TT___TT

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Lee Sang-woo, 'Uncle', a passionate performance that adds a good taste

f20cd38c-9d51-4f07-9cb2-f76cfa528142.jpg

'Uncle' actor Lee Sang-woo focused the attention of viewers with his unique character digestibility.

The TV Chosun drama 'Uncle', which is currently airing, is showing a steady upward trend ahead of its ending. 'Uncle' tells the story of an uncle, a loser musician, who unexpectedly takes on his nephew in elementary school due to his sister's clear divorce. It is a remake of the BBC drama of the same name.

Among them, Lee Sang-woo, who plays Joo Kyung-il, stands out. Joo Kyung-il, played by Lee Sang-woo, was the only one on the side of Wang Jun-hee (Jeon Hye-jin) among the residents who discriminate against Min Ji-hoo (Lee Kyung-hoon)'s family.

In addition, as the play unfolded, it created a sense of ambiguity and added tension by providing a mysterious atmosphere. The scene of Joo Kyung-il handed Wang Jun-hee her insurance contract and requesting her autograph went viral, raising the fun of watching 'Uncle'.

This added to Lee Sang-woo's dynamic emotional expression, giving it a more colorful charm. He announced his strong presence with warm and colorful characters every time, and broadened a new acting spectrum through 'Uncle'. Attention is focused on what kind of performance Lee Sang-woo will play ahead of the end.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022012814370005158

The five ‘Uncle’ child actors have a strong presence as strong as adults… Prove the infinite possibilities

p1065583100048954_694_thum.jpg

“The jewels that make ‘Uncle’ twinkle have appeared!” 'Uncle' Lee Kyung-hoon, Yoon Hae-bin, Kim Ha-yeon, Koh Kyung-min, and Park Si-wan completely captured the small screen with a strong presence that is as strong as adults.

In particular, child actors such as Lee Kyung-hoon as Min Ji-hoo, Yoon Hae-bin as Juno-eul, Kim Ha-yeon as Ye So-dam, Go Kyung-min as Shin Min-ki, and Park Si-wan as Park Se-chan, radiate a definite presence in every scene with their stable acting skills and distinct personality, leading to high praise from viewers. In this regard, we have compiled the ‘No. 1 performance’ of the five child actors who are shining ‘Uncle’ with infinite charm and passion.

♥ No.1 Noun Baekdan Adult as Min Ji-hoo as Lee Kyung-hoon

Lee Kyung-hoon is raising the immersion power of the play by performing a three-dimensional hot performance in which an adult in Nochi Baekdan perfectly portrays Min Ji-hoo. Min-ji-hoo, who spent 12 years of an uneasy childhood under the perverse desires of his grandmother Shinhwa-ja (Song Ok-suk), shares his heart with his uncle, Wang Jun-hyeok (Oh Jeong-se), whom he met for the first time in his life, through music and shows his true family love. As she smoked, he gradually regained his smile. Most of all, Min Ji-hoo, who could not speak in front of the microphone due to stage fright, stood on stage to catch his uncle Wang Jun-hyeok, who was about to leave the house with guilt, and decided to go to his grandmother’s house for his mother Wang Jun-hee (Jeon Hye-jin) and his uncle, saying, “We is family It's something you can sacrifice for the sake of the family," he said, making the audience cry. Lee Kyung-hoon, who has gradually expanded the scope of his works such as the drama 'Memorist', the movie 'Beyond the Mountain', and 'Children are fun', is a detailed and deep character of Min Ji-hoo in the play, who has a more mature inner than an adult and an innocent charm like a child. Expressing emotions with lines and acting as the central axis of the play, he aroused sympathy from viewers.

♥ NO.2 Countryside murder charm Juno-eul, Yoon Hae-bin & cheerful energy Ye So-dam, Kim Ha-yeon

Yoon Hae-bin is loved by audience by expressing Juno-eul, who shows an unusual side with her cynical personality and savagery that pierces others, with her bold charm. In particular, in the 6th episode, when Min Ji-hoo swung her fist at Shin Min-ki (Ko Kyung-min) and was referred to the School Violence Committee, Juno-eul burst into excitement with a surprise reversal of delivering a video of the scene as evidence. Moreover, Yoon Hae-bin conveyed a deep resonance to her viewers by portraying Juno-eul, who is worried about her father, Joo-kyung-il (Lee Sang-woo), with a delicate emotional line even in a painful situation due to her trauma of her past events. In addition, Kim Ha-yeon takes on the role of Ye So-dam, the daughter of Kim Yu-ra (Hwang-woo Seul-hye), showing off her cheerful and bright charm, causing automatic smiles in those who unfold love and friendship. She actively shows her feelings to her boyfriend Minji Hu, and in the last 13 episodes, she tells her friend Juno-eul, who hid because of her past, "No-eul, I don't believe such rumors. I will protect you. We are friends,” he sent a message to comfort her, giving her warmth.

♥ No.3 Go Kyung-min as Shin Min-ki, the instigator of bullying & Park Si-wan as Park Se-chan, the behavior leader

Go Kyung-min takes on the role of Shin Min-ki, the son of Park Hye-ryeong (Park Seon-young), and Park Si-wan takes on the role of Park Se-chan, the son of Jeong Da-jeong (Jung Soo-young). Moreover, Go Kyung-min aroused viewers' pity by calmly unraveling Shin Min-ki, who is confused by the trauma caused by his father's absence and his mother Park Hye-ryung's mismatched maternal love. In addition, Park Si-wan is a proud son who takes the lead in the play and jokes with Min Ji-hoo and Juno-eul, who said, "I will always be a strong son to my mother." blown in In particular, in the 14th episode, she drew a pleasant laugh with her number one contribution to helping Min Ji-hoo escape from being locked up in her grandmother's house.

The production team said, "The laughter and emotion of 'Uncle' was doubled because of the performances of the child actors shining bright like jewels."

Meanwhile, the 15th episode of TV CHOSUN's Saturday mini-series 'Uncle' will be broadcast at 9 pm on the 29th, and VOD will be exclusively released on wave.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022012814484

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Both the kids turned on their moms. Min Gi on Hye Ryeong and the Gangto Money's s.o.b exposed his mom's evil deeds.. don't feel sorry for any of 'em..

That was a fun, simple wedding. Though seriously drama, now that they get their happiness.. the uncle might not get the chance to live?? Why??

I like No Eul's sassiness ha-ha. Her tellin' her dad "Do you want to end up alone?" - damn she's harsh LoL. I pity the man who'd be her future husband to be as he'd have to concede to her bossiness oh dear LoL.

• Like 6

The episode started out a bit unevenly but it ended with a super sweet wedding. And it's nice to see Se-chan's mom be one of the "inner circle" now.

I'm still so curious what Kyung-il's backstory is. After all those hints that he's more than a webtoon artist, is he....just a webtoon artist? I feel like Show isn't going to tell us. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I like No Eul's sassiness ha-ha. Her tellin' her dad "Do you want to end up alone?" - damn she's harsh LoL. I pity the man who'd be her future husband to be as he'd have to concede to her bossiness oh dear LoL.

Yes! That whole scene made me laugh.

Hoping for a happy ending where samchon can be around for a long, long time.

• Like 4