[Drama 2021/2022] Uncle,엉클

larus

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

But what's up with Min Gi's mother? Life must be too easy for her that she always blame it on Ji Hoo's mother!

In a way, I felt sorry for this woman. Seriously, she is so messed up to even care more about the apperences than her own daughter. But I am so glad the truth was finally revealed and she felt from grace.

A few words for the actress Park Sun Young, playing Hye ryung, because we won`t see her again. She did a good job portraying a despicable woman.

13 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

So Kyeong Il was a defendant against murder and fraud charges...but we assume he was never convicted because he's free AND he has custody of No Eul. There was something about insurance in those papers, too. In the preview for the next episodes it looks like he and Joon Hee are moving forward with some kind of marriage plan. He also wants Joon Hee to sign insurance papers. Really hoping he ends up being a clean and good guy.

I missed those details. He was acused of murder and fraud charges?  I saw when he talked on the phone with someone about distroying the paper (to not come up). I wonder what was about. It was about him? And I was curious what kind of paper he destroyed. I was curious about those papers but there were not subtitles to indicate what is written on them.

We found out that his wife left him. But we don`t know why and how.  I thought his wife died but we still don`t know the whole story. Something is off. Sometimes I believe he is too good to be true. :w00t:  I wish he doesn`t hide a terrible secret. I like him with Joon Hee. She is right. He has to open up and rely on her as much she does the same.

13 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Also, counting down from 100 favors was pretty funny. :lol: That dumb bell.

It was so funny and he deserved to be left home. :w00t:

6 hours ago, msmy said:

This could get interesting if weird Grandma decides to run for office and her peppered past comes out with some unique investigation and exposure!  I have a feeling she's definitely going to get what she deserves in the end.

Of course she will get what she deserves but not before she will annoy the hell out of us. :w00t:

When that man sugested her to enter politics I thought it is a good idea for her secrets to be publicly displayed. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, larus said:

I missed those details. He was acused of murder and fraud charges?  I saw when he talked on the phone with someone about distroying the paper (to not come up). I wonder what was about. It was about him? And I was curious what kind of paper he destroyed. I was curious about those papers but there were not subtitles to indicate what is written on them.

Bummer you didn't have subtitles! I went back and got some screenshots from Viki. If someone knows Korean, maybe they can fill in details even further.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Seems fishy for sure. But at the same time, he's not in jail and he has custody of his daughter. I'm definitely curious to know what his story is.

He has to open up and rely on her as much she does the same.

I agree - they will be stronger together!

Of course she will get what she deserves but not before she will annoy the hell out of us. :w00t:

Another @larus prediction that will come true!! :D

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images per post. Please put any other images in the spoiler tags. Thanks!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Bummer you didn't have subtitles! I went back and got some screenshots from Viki. If someone knows Korean, maybe they can fill in details even further.

I watched it on VIKI. Why did I not have subtitles? I watched yesterday and it had 98% subtitles. Perhaps they added the missing subtiltes later.

Seems fishy for sure. But at the same time, he's not in jail and he has custody of his daughter. I'm definitely curious to know what his story is.

So, he was accused of murdering his wife for insurance? I get it. If Joon hee will have to sign the insurence papers, It is obvious that later she will find out why Kyeong Il was accused and there will be a uncertainty, a little doubt because he doesn't know him well enough. That can put their relationship at risk. I bet the Mother in law from Hell will tell her after digging about him.  Or it will be the new Diamond? :D

But, if the wife was killed, then i am back to the first prediction. He investigates what happened with his wife? She was one of the Mombelies? But I don`t think he lived in the neighborhood in the past. He is hiding what happened with him. Nobody knows. The drama left the mystery about Kyeong Il for later. When we`ll like them together, we`ll have the doubt just like Joon hee? He really had that white board with all the women. The explanation with the new webton is good but it is the truth?  Is he a murderer or not? This is the new bet. How the people will vote? 

Spoiler

I vote not guilty. But let the drama surprise us. :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, larus said:

He really had that white board with all the women.

Yeah....that was really fishy. Weird to put x's over them and then circle a photo of Joon Hee and put it up so prominently. His daughter No Eul is a smart cookie, though. If her dad were a suspicious character hopefully she would see some red flags?

1 hour ago, larus said:

So, he was accused of murdering his wife for insurance?

Maybe one of the Momvelies falsely accused him, too. :D

I vote not guilty, too. :)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

His daughter No Eul is a smart cookie, though.

She is my favorite kid. I like Ji Hu too but I find myself eagerly wanting to hear her comments/lines.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I've watched episode 8 yesterday but haven't got any time to comment in!

Read all your comments so far and I still believe that No Eul's father is a good guy. Did I miss something or was there ever any particular scene hinting that he is not the good guy he seems to be?? :sweatingbullets: My guess is he is hunting for the murderer of his wife! And Min Gi's mother finally got her share. Haven't seen Min Gi ever since his mother got arrested. More revenge to come by.

Now that we are in to the latter half of the show, I expect more juice for uncle and nephew duo. Loved the concert held by kids. J King will win the hearts of those kids for sure. Then may be the hearts of momvelies as well? :D I am so looking forward for the next episode.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

50 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Read all your comments so far and I still believe that No Eul's father is a good guy. Did I miss something or was there ever any particular scene hinting that he is not the good guy he seems to be?? 

I think it's just shady that he has a board up of all the women in the apartment complex, with x's through some of their faces. What does it mean?!

And the way the show had him shredding the documents...the way it was framed and shot seemed a bit sinister. There's a backstory there for sure...but yeah, I still believe he's a sincere and good guy. There are too many hints that he's good, but then the show has to throw in these strange scenes. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

And the way the show had him shredding the documents...the way it was framed and shot seemed a bit sinister.

Intentionally they they want to create suspicion because we don`t have all the pieces of the puzzle. But we don`t  fall into their trap. :w00t:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I watched episode 9. I wish this drama will be  more about the family and friend`s moments and less the scheming of some rich characters but....I am still watching and like the good moments.

It was obvious that Joon Hee will find out about Kyeong-Il from other people and she will start to have doubts about him. I thought about her ex mother in law but it was her ex husband who gave her the news about Kyeong Il`s past secret. The same. I still believe he is innocent but he should have told her the truth before someone else. And he put her to sigh those insurance paper as a gift knowing well that he had a serious problem in the past with the same insurance paper? Pretty dumb. I understand to keep a secret from the Momblies and other strange people but he should have told his fiancee before getting in a serious stage of their relationship. I totally understand Joon hee to not be comfortable receiving such a gift or to depend financially on the other persons. And now she finds out something shocking. They have to comunicate better in the future to trust each other completely.

At the party, someone gave Ji Hu something with peanuts (knowing well about his alergy) and the suspect number one is "Mother in law from hell". We don`t know for sure but I think it was her plan to make problems to Joon hee. And as we saw in the preview, Joon-Hyeok wll have problems as well. And Park Hye-Ryeong will be back! Ufff! I bet Shin Hwa-Ja is behind her return.

The uncoming episodes we`ll see how things will get worst for Ji Ho`s family but I expect they resolve things quickly as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Finally I finished watching episode 9 and I can't believe myself what I saw. I was strictly believing that No Eul's father is a good guy and he is searching for the murderer of his wife. But then it turned out to be that he murdered his wife?? No, there must be a misunderstanding! Ji Hoo's mother signed the insurance policy, right? I am so worried about her. She looks all alone in this world! :sweatingbullets:

And there we go in the next episode that Min Gi's mother is back! Yeah, there will be more juice for Ji Hoo and his Uncle. But now that only 6 episodes left ahead, I am hoping that Ji Hoo and his Uncle will get the chance to leave all the hard times behind them and rise and shine again very soon! :lol:

Can't wait to watch tonight's episode! And I don't want this series to end. I am so enjoying this! :heart:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Finally I finished watching episode 9 and I can't believe myself what I saw. I was strictly believing that No Eul's father is a good guy and he is searching for the murderer of his wife. But then it turned out to be that he murdered his wife?? No, there must be a misunderstanding! Ji Hoo's mother signed the insurance policy, right? I am so worried about her. She looks all alone in this world!

Don`t worry. That exactly what this show is trying us to think. :w00t: Just because he was accused of the crime that doesn`t mean he is guilty. I did not believe he is guilty. Usually when a chaarcter is really guilty of something, we (or a character) don`t find out this way, from a third party. :)

I already said that I have mixed feelings about this drama. The plot devices to create drama, problems from the main leads are so weak, soap opera-ish and I hate it. I thought that Ji Hu ate peanuts (an allergen) but he had too much alchohol from candies? Please! And Joon Hyeok was arrested on the stage because of the party he did not organized? Why police did not arrested on the party? I know that mother in law from hell set all up but I can`t believe that`s the reason Joon Hee has to let her son go. And Park Hye Ryeong was behind all this? She is the only one who can make the polls up for the awful woman? Whatever.

But I still got scenes I like. Joon hee had an honest conversation to Kyeong il, Ji Hu family time, his letter, Joon hee and Yu ra`s friendship.  I like that Ji Hu is not the scared, broken boy he was before, he is more mature and strong. And not only him. Joon hee and Joon Hyeok too.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, larus said:

Don`t worry. That exactly what this show is trying us to think.  Just because he was accused of the crime that doesn`t mean he is guilty. I did not believe he is guilty. Usually when a chaarcter is really guilty of something, we (or a character) don`t find out this way, from a third party. 

I so agree with you. There is more to this.

• Like 4

Just finished Episodes 9 and 10. I love all the acting in this drama but what the heck is happening with the justice system here?! It is such a joke! Why would Ji Hoo be the one to make a deal with his halmeoni? Usually there are child psychologists, courts, and custody battles to be fought before a child would leave one parent. And how could Joon Hee let Ji Hoo go back to the place where he was beaten and abused? She has all the evidence of the abuse - WHY wouldn't the courts have set a restraining order against halmeoni for life? Ji Hoo used to have panic attacks and PTSD when he saw any halmeoni, and now he's calmly walking back into her car and her house?

38 minutes ago, larus said:

And Joon Hyeok was arrested on the stage because of the party he did not organized? Why police did not arrested on the party?

Yup. There's no evidence that Hot Bar is a drug-party place or involved in drug dealing. Is false testimony really stronger than police doing their jobs and investigating to find out the truth? Same with calling Joon Hyuk a drug addict - it's all false testimony that can't be dismantled? That doesn't make sense to me.

It's too bad the record label guy duped Joon Hyuk and that it was all a set-up from the beginning.

Kyung Il's sadness and sincerity tug at my heart. Finally we got to learn some more of his backstory. So he is an actual cartoonist....so we're still waiting to find out why he seems to be so well connected to prosecutors and police.

Having said all that, I'm still really enjoying seeing Jeon Hye Jin, Oh Jung Se, the boy actor, and Lee Sang Woo.

• Like 4

I don't understand why Ji-hoo's mom let him go back without at least trying to fight, but she did run and hide with Ji-hoo because she knew the halmoni could throw her money around to take him from her.  As far as the rest, money sways investigations and police can be prejudiced against certain members of society.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Yup. There's no evidence that Hot Bar is a drug-party place or involved in drug dealing. Is false testimony really stronger than police doing their jobs and investigating to find out the truth? Same with calling Joon Hyuk a drug addict - it's all false testimony that can't be dismantled? That doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly. All this is the telenovela/soap opera style that I hate. The cheap way to bring tension to the drama. I have to shut my brain and pretend I believe it. :w00t:

But at least everything is resolved relatively quickly.

58 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Having said all that, I'm still really enjoying seeing Jeon Hye Jin, Oh Jung Se, the boy actor, and Lee Sang Woo.

Yeah. That`s why i am still watching. In my opinion, there was no need to bring these adversaries (Momblies, politicians, mother in law from hell and their tricks) for the drama to be interesting. Just rely on character relationships, good  not so good relationships but make it more slice of life and less makjang.

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Kyung Il's sadness and sincerity tug at my heart. Finally we got to learn some more of his backstory. So he is an actual cartoonist....so we're still waiting to find out why he seems to be so well connected to prosecutors and police.

I think he is rich/has money and he has connections. 

I understand now why he connected emotionally with Joon hee so quickly. In a way, they were similar. I felt sorry for No-Eul. Parents like to gossip in front of the children and point fingers. It is sad how young children are so cruel with the others. Kyung Il was not even convicted but people labeled him as murderer. No Eul was happy that she will have a mom and Ji Hoo was glad that Kyung Il will be his dad. I wish they will be a happy family in the end of this drama.

• Like 3

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

What the bloody heckkk!!???!! That ***** Hye Ryeong is back. WHYYY!!??!! And she's partnered up with evil grandma omg. 

That was low what the old hag did (love her hair though ha-ha) tryin' to poison her own grandson! Oh the horror.

Ji Hoo is just such a great kid he is willing to suffer to spare his mom, uncle. Disgusting how his dad is forcing him to call some new hussy as his "mom" - yuck. 

The absolute worse was the jerk ex gaslights Joon Hee on No Eul's dad. I'm sure he didn't mean to(?) I mean he & wife were fighting with the steering wheel and lost control of vehicle. Btw what was the wife doing?! Was she cheating behind his back or what? 

Anyways now that Hye Ryeong's back, Se Chan's mom would probably crawl back to her former position LoL geez. Such a pathetic person tsk.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Well, I watched episode 10 yesterday but had no time to drop by.

Why are there so many villains in this drama? Granny and her son, Min Gi's mother and momvelies, even the new sponsor of J King?? :angry: Gosh, this is too much drama happening here.. :kicks:

I can't wait to see how uncle and nephew make things back to normal together... :heart:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1