[Drama 2021/2022] Uncle,엉클

larus

Additionally, two new dramas premiered to promising starts last night: TV Chosun’s new remake of BBC’s hit series “Uncle” kicked off with an average nationwide rating of 2.4 percent

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/happiness-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-uncle-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-kick-off-the-red-sleeve-continue/#ixzz7EoEtklGU

• Like 2

Just finished watching episode 1 and I love it already! Oh Jung Se and the child actor are doing a fantastic job. I've been laughing all the time but it's really emotional at the same time as well. Looking forward for the 2nd episode tonight! Hope the nephew would give a new reason for Oh Jung Se to live a better life... :)

Finally, Oh Jung Se plays the lead role! Such a versatile actor... :getmygrooveon:

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Uncle,엉클-Oh Jung Se, Jeon Hye Jin, Lee Sang woo- Sat. & Sun. @21:00 KST

The plot of the weekend drama 'Uncle' episodes 1 and 2, with Oh Jeong-se, Jeon Hye-jin, Park Seon-young, and Lee Sang-woo appearing in 'The Growth and Survival of Elementary School Nephew and Musician Uncle'

http://cdn.lecturernews.com/news/photo/202112/83305_291454_4332.jpg

Korea Instructor Newspaper Reporter Jeong Heon-hee] Episodes 1 and 2 of TV Chosun's Saturday-Sunday drama <Uncle (Director Ji Young-soo, Seong-jun Seong/ PD Park Chae-won/ Scriptwriter Park Ji-sook)> will be broadcast on the 11th (Sat) and 12 (Sun) at 21:00.

The 16-episode drama <Uncle> is a remake of the BBC drama of the same name. Cast: Oh Jeong-se (Wang Jun-hyeok), Jeon Hye-jin (Wang Jun-hee), Lee Kyung-hoon (Min Ji-hoo), Park Seon-young (Park Hye-ryung), Lee Sang-woo (Joo Gyeong-il), Lee Si-won, Choi Gyu-ri, Ko Kyung-min, Yoon Hae-bin, Hwang Woo-seul-hye, Kim Ha-yeon, Jung Soo-young , Park Si-wan, Song Ah-kyung, Lee Na-eun, etc.

Before today's first broadcast, go to the drama's official video, episode information, timeline, characters, organization information, related albums (OST) as well as character relationships, several episodes, plot and ending, filming locations and sets, and the same The audience's interest in dramas and the like is hot.

Oh Jung-se, who plays the lead role, recently chose 'Uncle' as her next work following tvN's 'Mt. Jiris'. At the production presentation held on the 9th (Thursday), he said, "Basically, it is a pleasant and warm drama. There are many things that come into contact with me. Seeing a very immature friend has warmth, so I felt that I wanted to work with this friend." He continued, "Junhyuk's charm is that he is an immature adult, and he has warmth in him." In addition, actor Lee Sang-woo said, "In 'Uncle', I play the role of Joo Kyung-il, a parenting father raising a daughter alone." "I enjoyed reading the script. My role is not very long, so I thought I would be able to take on it comfortably. With actors who are good at acting. I was looking forward to this episode. My wife Kim So-yeon praised director Ji Young-soo. I thought that we could trust and work together."

He continued, "I wanted to make a change, so I took a hiatus. I prepared a lot, but it doesn't feel like the time has come yet. There won't be much change." He said, "I've returned to the same feeling as before. I can make changes later, and when I can, I can do it well. I came back with the mindset of trying to do more." He said, "In the work, Uncle Oh Jeong-se and nephew Lee Kyung-hoon dance and sing. I think it will be very fun. Please watch it a lot."

http://cdn.lecturernews.com/news/photo/202112/83305_291455_4348.jpg

In today's broadcast, Oh Jung-se and Hwang Woo-seul-hye, Jung Soo-young, Song Ah-kyung, and Lee Na-eun from 'Mambly' face off in an instant. Oh Jeong-se plays the role of Wang Jun-hyeok, a loser musician who lacks affection in the play. In the play, Wang Jun-hyeok was a promising musician, but his friend and family betray him. In the end, his older sister Wang Jun-hee (Jeon Hye-jin), who appears after the divorce, is reborn as a child-rearing uncle of his nephew Min-ji-hoo (Lee Kyung-hoon), and he struggles to survive in the midst of group discrimination.

http://www.lecturernews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=83305

‘Top trend’ Oh Jeong-se, the main character also worked.. Passing point for the first episode of ‘Uncle’

RZ2HJRVLNQQXWKCRKRNT3HIUMY.jpg

‘Uncle’ is a heart-warming story that combines comedy sensibility and deep emotion, giving ‘warm energy’ to the small screen on the weekend from the first broadcast.

The first episode of TV CHOSUN's new Saturday mini-series 'Uncle' (directed by Ji Young-soo/played by Park Ji-sook/produced by High Ground, Monster Union), which was first aired at 9 pm on the 11th (Sat), had a nationwide audience rating of 2.4% and a maximum of 2.7% per minute based on Nielsen Korea. It left a deep impression as a moving story of uncle Wang Jun-hyeok (Oh Jeong-se) and nephew Min Ji-hoo (Lee Kyung-hoon) becoming a family after a day of ups and downs.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/12/12/QIEXB4VPZR6O2RBVBZTZTWACBA/

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Just finished watching episode 1 and I love it already! Oh Jung Se and the child actor are doing a fantastic job. I've been laughing all the time but it's really emotional at the same time as well. Looking forward for the 2nd episode tonight! Hope the nephew would give a new reason for Oh Jung Se to live a better life... :)

Finally, Oh Jung Se plays the lead role! Such a versatile actor...

Just finished Episode 1 as well! So funny and engaging. Agree with you that it's emotional at the same time. The mom's ex-husband and mother-in-law seem terrible. I'm glad to know she's actually divorced legally, that she's already gone through that process.

And having Oh Jung Se as the lead is wonderful! He plays the potential kidnapper, potential kid scammer, and cleaned-up musician (in flashbacks) all well. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s new remake of BBC’s hit series “Uncle” enjoyed a rise in viewership for its second episode, which earned an average nationwide rating of 2.8 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/jirisan-and-inspector-koo-finales-see-ratings-rise-uncle-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-ratings-increased-for-2nd-episode/#ixzz7EtV1jIOn

• Like 2

so many dramas (and think too many) are aired on this weekend! wonder why the korean broadcasting stations cramp their dramas on the weekend! 

anyway, haven't sat still and focused on watching a good drama for a long time! I really love this drama, and Oh Jung Se and all the other actors/actresses are doing great in this drama. Good plot and flow; the pace is good! 

anyone knows who the pd and the writer are? couldn't find the info!

• Like 2

Finally, finished watching episode 2 and I love it more! Oh Jung Se and the child actor have a great chemistry together! I haven't watched the BBC series of this adaption but I know that I love the Korean version more! It's so funny, so emotional and so intense at the same time! Looking forward for more interactions in between the uncle and the nephew! :)

3 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

anyone knows who the pd and the writer are? couldn't find the info!

The director is Ji Yeong Su and the writer is Park Ji Sook. You can find more info as well as comments by viewers in the following link .

https://asianwiki.com/Uncle_(Korean_Drama)

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the 1st 2 episodes which brings us a well-balanced combination of comedy and heartwarming moments. Pacing is brisk so that by the end of it, most of the backstories are explained, skeletons from the elitist families hinted at to amusingly ominous effect, and WJH firmly ensconced in the rental apartment ready to do battle to protect his sister and nephew. Thus far, the show does not take itself seriously, hence the moments that do deliver that much more impact. Suffice to say I am loving what we are given so far, and look forward to more.

Official MVs for the 1st two OSTs are out... OJS' lip-syncing is perfect, which had me believing he was the one singing, until i saw the name of the singer Chu Sangmin. 

Part 1 - On the Beach

Part 2 - Be Your Side (my favourite which is on repeat since I first heard it)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, liddi said:

Part 2 - Be Your Side (my favourite which is on repeat since I first heard it)

Is he not singing? I had thought he was and that he had such a beautiful voice!

Ep 2 was so satisfying, the way he and his sister confronted Sechan and the other parents at the birthday party. No one is playing the martyr here or ignoring blatant bullying, which is so nice to see.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

what the heck is he a cop or reporter.

Same question! :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Is he not singing? I had thought he was and that he had such a beautiful voice!

@the_sweetroad Yes, I thought so too, until I saw the MV credits and realised otherwise (Vocals: Chu Sang-min, Guitar: Lee Seong-pung)! OJS' performance is perfect - the lip-syncing, and particularly the guitar-playing - the chord changes and strumming are in sync with the actual song. I don't play the guitar so I don't know if the chords are correct, but the only thing that does not match up is the scene change - the chord position in the close-up is different from the zoom out in the next scene. Regardless, he had me pretty much convinced it was him singing and playing there, so bravo!

I agree about Ep2 - Joon-hyuk was definitely going in with guns blazing. Joon-hee was intimidated initially, but found the courage to stand up to them upon realising what Se-chan had done to Ji-hoo. It is comforting to see No-eul and her father speaking up for them in this sea of snobbish sharks. Speaking of which, JKI appears to be investigating the Royal State community. Wonder if he is related to the pregnant woman who intended to kill herself at the beginning of the episode, whose sonogram photo Joon-hyuk found in his room.

Ep3 airs tonight!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Jeon Hye-jin X Lee Sang-woo, the two quickly became close... ‘Pink mood two-shot’ released (‘Uncle’)

p1065577432807937_586_thum.jpg

‘Uncle’ Jeon Hye-jin and Lee Sang-woo’s sweet ‘pink mood two-shot’ has been released.

TV CHOSUN's new Saturday and Sunday mini-series 'Uncle' is a comical cheerful growth survival story of an uncle, a loser musician, who accidentally took on his elementary school nephew due to his sister's clear divorce. Above all, a delightful and heart-warming story, eye-catching comic elements, Oh Jeong-se, Jeon Hye-jin, Lee Kyung-hoon, Park Seon-young, Lee Sang-woo, Lee Si-won, and Hwang Woo-seul-hye's special performances form a perfect triplet, and the audience's enthusiastic response after the first broadcast.

In particular, in the last broadcast, Wang Jun-hee (Jeon Hye-jin) and Min Ji-hoo (Lee Kyung-hoon) started receiving group discrimination from the Royal State Mambley because they lived in a rental apartment. In the midst of this, Joo Kyung-il (Lee Sang-woo) was the only one who gave a helping hand to Wang Jun-hee's mother, who had just transferred to school. However, at the end of the broadcast, a board with photos and various information of Royal State residents was caught in Joo Kyung-il's room.

In this regard, the 'pink mood two-shot' in which Jeon Hye-jin and Lee Sang-woo face each other in an unusual atmosphere is drawing attention. In the play, Joo Kyung-il presents flowers to Wang Jun-hee on her birthday. First, while Wang Jun-hee and Joo Kyung-il stand looking at each other with serious expressions, Joo Kyung-il takes out a bouquet of flowers hidden behind her back and reveals the atmosphere. Wang Jun-hee accepts the bouquet from Joo Kyung-il with a look of surprise and bewilderment, and then smiles and rejoices. Interest is growing in the relationship between Wang Jun-hee and Joo Kyung-il, which shows the story of how the two quickly became close, and a strange atmosphere of excitement.

On the other hand, Jeon Hye-jin and Lee Sang-woo aroused viewers' curiosity by drawing an interesting relationship in the first and second episodes with an extraordinary sense of depth in acting. In the 'Pink Mood Two-Shot' filming held in June, the two men, who concentrated on their emotions and cleaned up their breathing, gave a deep impression with detailed inner acting that creates a subtle atmosphere, creating a high-quality scene.

The production team said, "Jeon Hye-jin and Lee Sang-woo are actors with a warm breath that leads to comfort and empathy."

On the other hand, TV CHOSUN's new Saturday mini-series 'Uncle' will be broadcasted at 9 pm on the 18th, and VOD will be exclusively released on wave.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2021121752174

• Like 5

This drama is such a welcome treat for weekend stories.  I am loving every episode, so thank goodness for the remake of a fantastic drama!  The story line is quite different from typical Korean dramas, and the acting is superb.  I look forward to every episode.  :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, msmy said:

This drama is such a welcome treat for weekend stories.  I am loving every episode, so thank goodness for the remake of a fantastic drama!  The story line is quite different from typical Korean dramas, and the acting is superb.  I look forward to every episode. 

I agree. I love this type of dramas and I want to see more dramas like that. I have not watched the original British series but I am sure this remake has some Korean flavor. :D Mother in law from hell, rescuing from a speeding car/truck, rich ladies obbsessed with appartement`s prices, their bigotry, discrimination against divorced mothers/single mothers. I saw these clichee and issues in other kdramas. Here, I like the most the relationship between uncle and nephew. They need each other and I am looking forward to watch the story.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I just finished episode 3.

It was heartbreaking to know the story of Wang sibglings. So sorry that Joon Hee became alchoholic like her mother. She had so many problems and nobody was helping her. But I am glad she is on rehab now.

Another scene that moved me was when Joon-Hyeok decided to stay for his family and he asked for permission through music,

At the end of episode 2 I had some questions. Who is the woman who was pregnant and wanted to suicide? It is from the past? And why the same picture was on Joon Hee`s flat? The woman lived in that appartement?

At first I thought Joon hee adopted the son of her younger brother. But now I found out more informations about them. I am glad the brother and sister`s relationship is better now. As I said, I loved to watch  Joon Hyeok and Jin Hu, how their relationship became stronger. As I said, they need each other and spending time togehter makes them be better.

The Mom goup is frustrating and I enjoy every moment when Joon Hyeok is busting their bubble with true words.

I like Joo Kyeong-Il, especially his daughter. She is so smart and has boldness. But he has a hidden agenda. I suspect he is investigating his wife`s death. I wonder if his wife was not the woman who died jumping from the building. But I am not sure if that scene was a scene from the past or it will be a scene from the future. If she is not the woman maybe  she died in a hit and run accident and the suspect must be one of the residents. I suspect him as the masked man who wanted to enter Joon Hee`s appartement. No, I am sure. There is a connection between the ultrasound picture and the breaking attempt.

I just knew that the last vote will be from So-Dam`s mom. Predictable but satisfying. :D

Looking forward to next episodes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

Finally I finished watching episode 3 and I love it more & more! Oh Jung Se and & the child actor are awesome in their roles. I laugh everytime the duo make actions! :) Glad to have J King guard up Ji Hoo! I enjoy it when J King mess up with arrogant moms as same as @larus does! :D Gosh, this is gonna be a fantastic ride. I can't wait to see rich moms break down when J KIng finally hit the jackpot of being the famous singer and ask for his autographs.. :heart:

• Like 5

@larus... I believe the scene was a flashback where brother and sister are watching a distressed woman (their mother) which binds them together as having a rough childhood.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got.

As for the masked would be intruder, that was someone sent by creepy Grandma since he announced, "I found them."  Now she is on the trail to make their lives miserable, so uncle will have to be extra protective.

• Like 5