Lee Do Hyun 이도현 | Drama 2023: The Good Bad Mother

agenth

Ra Mi Ran, Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Eun Jin, And Yoo In Soo Are Full Of Emotions In “The Good Bad Mother” Posters

Ra Mi Ran, Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Eun Jin, And Yoo In Soo Are Full Of Emotions In “The Good Bad Mother” Posters

JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Good Bad Mother” has dropped new character posters!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Ra Mi Ran will star as the titular “good bad mother” Young Soon, a single mom who was widowed at a young age and raised her son Kang Ho by herself while running a pig farm. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

The newly released posters capture the four characters’ subtle expressions that contain mixed feelings. First of all, Young Soon has contrasting images of both a strong mother and endearing mother. In order not to pass down poverty and ignorance to her son Kang Ho, Young Soon decides to become a “bad mother” herself. Her teary eyes hint at her remorse and self-reproach for not being able to be a “good mother” for her son as she had no choice but to become more harsh on him even though she feels sorry every time. The text that reads, “It’s all my fault. I raised you like this,” tugs at the viewers’ heartstrings.

the-good-bad-mother01.jpeg

Lee Do Hyun transforms into Young Soon’s son Kang Ho, who is a prosecutor but becomes a child by an unfortunate accident. From the moment he was born, Kang Ho is nurtured by Young Soon’s thorough planning and management. He becomes a prosecutor, which is Young Soon’s long-held goal, while hiding his own secrets. While Kang Ho hides his emotions behind his poker face, the text that reads, “I held it all back because you like it, Mom,” conveys heavy and complex emotions toward his mother Young Soon.

the-good-bad-mother02.jpeg

Ahn Eun Jin will portray Kang Ho’s longtime friend and his only resting place Mi Joo. Kang Ho and Mi Joo, who were born at the same time in Jouri Village and grew up together their entire lives, are like destiny to each other. The text that reads, “I will invest in you. I am going to help you,” together with her sparkling eyes show her unconditional trust and support for Kang Ho.

Spoiler

the-good-bad-mother03.jpeg

Yoo In Soo will play Jouri Village’s troublemaker Sam Sik who is deeply in love with Mi Joo. Although Sam Sik and Kang Ho are of the same age, they are completely different. Unlike his tough appearance, he is a pure and honest person. On top on his serious yet somewhat mischievous expression, his words of confession, “If I ever steal something again in the future, it will be your heart,” make viewers smile.

Spoiler

the-good-bad-mother04.jpeg

“The Good Bad Mother” premieres on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1578392wpp/ra-mi-ran-lee-do-hyun-ahn-eun-jin-and-yoo-in-soo-are-full-of-emotions-in-the-good-bad-mother-posters

Watch: “The Good Bad Mother” Starring Ra Mi Ran And Lee Do Hyun Depicts The Ups And Downs Of Parenting In Emotional New Teaser

Watch: “The Good Bad Mother” Starring Ra Mi Ran And Lee Do Hyun Depicts The Ups And Downs Of Parenting In Emotional New Teaser

A third teaser has dropped for “The Good Bad Mother”!

JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Ra Mi Ran will star as the titular “good bad mother” Young Soon, a single mom who was widowed at a young age and raised her son Kang Ho by herself while running a pig farm. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

The drama’s latest teaser gives a peek at all the mothers in the Jowoori Village who go through ups and downs as they navigate parenting. The clip begins with Young Soon moving to the village while singing to herself about how happy she is. There, she meets the shy Choi Hae Sik (Jo Jin Woong), who proposes with the promise that he will make her even happier.

As Young Soon and Choi Hae Sik prepare for their new life together, they’re watched closely by the curious eyes of their neighbors Ms. Park (Seo Yi Sook), Mr. Bang (Jang Won Young), Ms. Jung (Kang Mal Geum), and their village head (Kim Won Hae).

While these neighbors all live unbelievably close, they each have their own set of family concerns that they cannot talk about with each other. Ms. Park boldly defends her troublemaker son Sam Sik (Yoo In Soo), asking, “What’s wrong with our Sam Sik?!” His father chimes in to say that Sam Sik gets good grades and is smart. However, their dedication to their son often just ends up hurting their pride with Ms. Park sadly commenting, “Who do you think I lived that way for…”

Ms. Jung experiences her own share of troubles while trying to get along with her daughter Mi Joo (Ahn Eun Jin), who’s finally outgrown her immature high school self. Despite their differences, Ms. Jung calmly comforts Mi Joo saying, “Even if it’s hard, let’s try living together.”

Lastly, there’s Young Soon who chose to be a “bad mother” by raising her son Kang Ho with a “tough love” approach to make sure he didn’t grow up penniless or powerless. Thanks to her merciless discipline, Kang Ho grows up to become a prosecutor and eventually turns his back on his mother—but when he loses his memory due to an unfortunate accident, he returns home after reverting to his seven-year-old self.

As Young Soon tries to ignore Kang Ho’s incessant calling, she calms herself down and determinedly states, “I’ll do it one more time. One more time, I will be a ‘bad mother.'”

She later explains to Kang Ho, “You have to be happy. You must be happy, not sad or defeated.” As if taking in his mother’s words, Kang Ho lies silently in the grass, looking up at the sky with a bright smile on his face.

Watch the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1578594wpp/watch-the-good-bad-mother-starring-ra-mi-ran-and-lee-do-hyun-depicts-the-ups-and-downs-of-parenting-in-emotional-new-teaser

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun Talks About The Challenges Of Portraying Two Sides Of His Character In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun Talks About The Challenges Of Portraying Two Sides Of His Character In “The Good Bad Mother”

“The Good Bad Mother” has dropped new stills of Lee Do Hyun!

JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Ra Mi Ran will star as the titular “good bad mother” Young Soon, a single mom who was widowed at a young age and raised her son Kang Ho by herself while running a pig farm. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

Already, viewers are highly anticipating Lee Do Hyun’s upcoming performance as Choi Kang Ho, who lived life while accepting that his mother’s plan for him is also his life as well as his given fate.

The newly released stills capture Kang Ho’s shocking transformation that makes him appear as if his soul has been swapped. The first still depicts Kang Ho’s school days during which he gave his all on his studies, saving time to study by passing on eating and sleeping. Regardless of his own personal desires, he hardened himself for his mother’s longtime dream, eventually becoming a capable and cold prosecutor.

Lee-Do-Hyun-7.jpegLee-Do-Hyun-6.jpeg

However, despite Young Soon and Kang Ho believing that they have achieved happiness, they once again face misfortune. In the following photo, all traces of the cold and charismatic prosecutor are gone, replaced with a pure and sweet-hearted looking Kang Ho. He sits with his arms raised up in punishment with Jouri Village’s adorable twin siblings Ye Jin (Ki So You) and Seo Jin (Park Da On), making viewers wonder what accident Kang Ho faced.

Lee-Do-Hyun-5.jpeg

Lee Do Hyun shared, “After first coming across the script, my initial thought was that I wanted to take on this challenge. It’s a very warm and healing script. I thought [this character] would be really difficult to act, and I decided to star in the drama with the mindset of taking on a challenge.”

He continued, “Under the pressure of his mother, Choi Kang Ho spitefully resolves to study hard and becomes a prosecutor. He is a figure who one day, after becoming a prosecutor without even knowing the reason why, undergoes an unfortunate accident and starts to live a new life with his mother.”

The actor stated, “The differences between his time as a prosecutor and when he becomes young are clear, but I thought a lot about how to not appear awkward. In particular, I tried to differentiate with how [Kang Ho] appears when he is with other characters.”

“The Good Bad Mother” premieres on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579014wpp/lee-do-hyun-talks-about-the-challenges-of-portraying-two-sides-of-his-character-in-the-good-bad-mother

Watch: Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Eun Jin, And Ra Mi Ran Are Just Trying To Find Happiness In Touching “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

Watch: Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Eun Jin, And Ra Mi Ran Are Just Trying To Find Happiness In Touching “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” has dropped a new teaser!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self. Ahn Eun Jin will star in the drama as Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

The newly released teaser introduces the members of Jouri Village with the hilarious phrase, “There has never been a village like this before.”

First, there is troublemaker Sam Sik (Yoo In Soo), who you can’t help but not hate, along with his parents Ms. Park (Seo Yi Sook) and the youth president (Jang Won Young) with their bickering couple chemistry. Furthermore, the teaser introduces the village head (Kim Won Hae) who even learned acupuncture for the villagers, and Ms. Jung (Kang Mal Geum), who gets angry at the village twins. Eccentric composer Trot Baek (Baek Hyun Jin) returns home with great ambition, and there are also mysterious strangers who visit the village with unspeakable stories.

Furthermore, there are the villains including prosecutor-turned-national assemblyman Oh Tae Soo (Jung Woong In) and Woo Byuk Group’s chairman Song Woo Byuk (Choi Moo Sung), raising anticipation for the exciting story to come.

Finally, Kang Ho appears both as a coldhearted prosecutor and a pure-hearted young child. Mi Joo reunites with her longtime friend Kang Ho,

who appears to have become a completely different person as he cries his heart out in the rain. Kang Ho’s mother Young Soon secretly holds back her tears without others knowing, tugging at viewers’ heartstrings.

Watch the teaser below!

“The Good Bad Mother” premieres on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1580047wpp/watch-lee-do-hyun-ahn-eun-jin-and-ra-mi-ran-are-just-trying-to-find-happiness-in-touching-the-good-bad-mother-teaser

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun Turns Cold Due To Ra Mi Ran’s Merciless Parenting In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun Turns Cold Due To Ra Mi Ran’s Merciless Parenting In “The Good Bad Mother”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has shared a glimpse of the evolving dynamic between Lee Do Hyun and Ra Mi Ran!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

As a single mom who was widowed at a young age, Young Soon raised her son Kang Ho by herself while running a pig farm. Because she didn’t want her son to grow up penniless or powerless, Young Soon chose to become a “bad mother” by constantly being hard on her son and taking a harsh “tough love” approach in raising him.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Young Soon coldly turns away from Kang Ho during his high school days. The teenage Kang Ho seems to have already gotten used to his mother’s unforgiving ways, and he appears worn down as he follows her with a downtrodden expression of acceptance.

However, their roles are reversed in photos from a later time in the story, when Kang Ho has grown up to become an adult. While Kang Ho has become a prosecutor, just as his mother always dreamed, he is now as ice-cold as his mother used to be. Young Soon, on the other hand, seems to have softened around the edges, and she wears a warm smile as she carries a homemade lunch that she prepared for her son.

Ra-Mi-Ran-Lee-Do-Hyun.jpgRa-Mi-Ran-Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpg

Spoiler

Ra-Mi-Ran-5.jpg

Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpg

Describing her experience working with her co-star, Ra Mi Ran raved, “Actor Lee Do Hyun was truly amazing. It was so great meeting an actor with whom I could exchange this kind of inspiration. I’m grateful that he became my son Kang Ho.”

Meanwhile, Lee Do Hyun returned the love by sharing, “It was a huge honor just to be able to act together with Ra Mi Ran. Because of that, I was really excited whenever I went to the filming set, and I was extremely happy during filming. She was truly a precious mother to me.”

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581132wpp/lee-do-hyun-turns-cold-due-to-ra-mi-rans-merciless-parenting-in-the-good-bad-mother

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun And Ahn Eun Jin Are Exes Who Unexpectedly Reunite In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun And Ahn Eun Jin Are Exes Who Unexpectedly Reunite In “The Good Bad Mother”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Do Hyun and Ahn Eun Jin’s changing relationship over the years!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

Ahn Eun Jin will star in the drama as Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Mi Joo dotes on Kang Ho with obvious affection during their high school days. As he is constantly under pressure from his mother, Kang Ho does nothing but study—and Mi Joo is his only respite from his stressful daily life. Mi Joo thoughtfully brings Kang Ho a lunchbox full of handmade kimbap, and she is unable to take her eyes off him as he eats.

Ahn-Eun-Jin-Lee-Do-Hyun.jpg

Later on, the two childhood friends meet again after they’ve both left their hometown, in an encounter that changes the nature of their relationship for good. Kang Ho looks startled when Mi Joo suddenly grabs his face with both hands, while Mi Joo candidly opens up to her longtime friend about her troubles.

The next photo shows the pair taking a cute couple selfie together, hinting that they have now become more than just friends.

Lee-Do-Hyun-4.jpg

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin.jpg

Lee-Do-Hyun-Ahn-Eun-Jin-2.jpg

After going from childhood friends to exes, Kang Ho and Mi Joo will unexpectedly meet again in their hometown as adults.

Lee Do Hyun commented, “I was grateful to Ahn Eun Jin for trying to make me feel comfortable on the filming set.

It was a fun and happy shoot, to the point where all of the moments in which we acted together—with [Ahn Eun Jin] looking at me and approaching me from Mi Joo’s perspective—have remained in my memory.”

Meanwhile, Ahn Eun Jin returned the love by sharing, “Lee Do Hyun is someone who makes it possible for his acting partner to act comfortably on set. When creating scenes with him, we wound up depicting elements that I hadn’t even thought about in depth and detail. I really relied and depended on him a lot.”

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581687wpp/lee-do-hyun-and-ahn-eun-jin-are-exes-who-unexpectedly-reunite-in-the-good-bad-mother

Watch: Ra Mi Ran’s Cold Parenting Leads Lee Do Hyun To Become A Cold Prosecutor In “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

Watch: Ra Mi Ran’s Cold Parenting Leads Lee Do Hyun To Become A Cold Prosecutor In “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

“The Good Bad Mother” has dropped a preview for Episode 1!

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

The teaser begins decades in the past as a younger Young Soon moves to Jouri Village. There, she experiences the incredible fate of giving birth on the exact same day as her neighbor Ms. Jung (Kang Mal Geum), who names her daughter Mi Joo (Ahn Eun Jin). Just like her husband Hae Sik (Jo Jin Woong) wished, Young Soon names their son Choi Kang Ho in hopes that he grows up to be a strong and powerful person.

To make sure he grows up like that, Young Soon decides to be a “bad mother.” Her harsh parenting style often leaves a young Kang Ho in tears as she bitterly comments, “You can never become a prosecutor in this countryside by doing everything you want to do.”

Years later, Kang Ho and Mi Joo are still by each other’s side. As their relationship lingers somewhere between friendship and romance, their bond is shaken up by their fellow neighborhood friend Sam Sik (Yoo In Soo) who takes a liking to Mi Joo. When Sam Sik’s antics result in the two getting locked in their school storage room, they share a heart-fluttering moment as Mi Joo sweetly tells Kang Ho, “You can just start now to do what you want to do.”

The clip takes a sad turn when Young Soon and Kang Ho find themselves in a screaming match. Young Soon yells out, “Whose fault is that? Please teach me!” Kang Ho responds in tears, “I can’t live because I feel suffocated!”

Everything changes once again when Kang Ho officially becomes a prosecutor. Looking much more poised than his teenage self, Kang Ho makes a phone call and stiffly comments, “Things seem to have gotten a bit troublesome.”

Watch the teaser here!

JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” premieres on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581755wpp/watch-ra-mi-rans-cold-parenting-leads-lee-do-hyun-to-become-a-cold-prosecutor-in-the-good-bad-mother-teaser

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun Describes His Acting Concerns, What He’s Learned From “The Good Bad Mother” Co-Star Ra Mi Ran, And More

Lee Do Hyun Describes His Acting Concerns, What He’s Learned From “The Good Bad Mother” Co-Star Ra Mi Ran, And More

Lee Do Hyun candidly confessed his concerns as an actor in an interview with Esquire!

After showcasing an incredible performance in Netflix’s hit series “The Glory” as Song Hye Kyo‘s love interest Joo Yeo Jeong, Lee Do Hyun is currently awaiting the premiere of his new drama “The Good Bad Mother.”

During his interview with Esquire, Lee Do Hyun was asked whether there was anything he really wanted to do well but wasn’t able to achieve. The actor honestly shared, “I do poorly whenever I work on a project. Whenever I do a project, I cry once [out of frustration].”

He elaborated, “There was a time I cried because I wasn’t able to properly say my lines on set of the first filming, even after practicing until 5 a.m. the previous night. I told this story to Ra Mi Ran, and she told me, ‘In times like that, you just have to rest and not think about anything.’ That’s when I realized that grasping [my emotions] so tightly in the palm of my hand would make them explode. After hearing Ra Mi Ran’s words, I learned that I’d be able to catch [my emotions] once I loosened up and gently tried to hold them again.”

Lee-Do-Hyun-1-1.jpgLee-Do-Hyun-4.jpegLee-Do-Hyun-2-1.jpg

Lee Do Hyun continued to chat about working with Ra Mi Ran, who plays his mom in their upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother.” “Ra Mi Ran told me to call her noona [older sister/female friend] off-set, but I keep calling her Mom,” Lee Do Hyun revealed. “I’ve continued to call her Mom even now, when filming is over. While filming, I really learned a lot from her.”

In “The Good Bad Mother,” Lee Do Hyun essentially plays a double role as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who gets into an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self. On playing such contrasting personalities, Lee Do Hyun shared, “I think there’s a charming contrast between the cold image showcased by prosecutor Kang Ho and the fresh image showcased by Kang Ho who has gone back to his young self. The stories of a mother and son, the village people of Jowoori, and Kang Ho and his friends will be interesting from start to finish, without a moment to be bored.”

Spoiler

Lee-Do-Hyun-3.jpgLee-Do-Hyun-5-1.jpegLee-Do-Hyun-6-1.jpeg

Check out Esquire’s May issue for Lee Do Hyun’s full pictorial and interview!

“The Good Bad Mother” starring Lee Do Hyun and Ra Mi Ran premieres on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581410wpp/lee-do-hyun-describes-his-acting-concerns-what-hes-learned-from-the-good-bad-mother-co-star-ra-mi-ran-and-more

Watch: Lee Do Hyun Remains Unwavering As Ahn Eun Jin Flirts With Him In “The Good Bad Mother” Preview

Watch: Lee Do Hyun Remains Unwavering As Ahn Eun Jin Flirts With Him In “The Good Bad Mother” Preview

“The Good Bad Mother” has shared a preview of its premiere episode!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

The preview clip of the first episode kicks off by showing Kang Ho and Mi Joo (Ahn Eun Jin) who seem to be stuck in the school’s storage room with no way to call for help. Mi Joo starts to grumble about the situation, and she finds a candy in her pocket. When she proudly offers Kang Ho to share half, Kang Ho rejects her offer flatly, saying, “I don’t like candy.” Mi Joo replies with a smirk, “That’s ok. You just have to like me.”

Mi Joo, who gets irritated by Kang Ho’s unwavering attitude at her flirty line, cups his face and tries to make him look at her. The next moment, Kang Ho starts to say out loud some lines which appear to be a part of a love poem, making Mi Joo’s heart flutter.

Watch the full preview below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQqN49XYfc

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1582808wpp/watch-lee-do-hyun-remains-unwavering-as-ahn-eun-jin-flirts-with-him-in-the-good-bad-mother-preview

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“The Good Bad Mother” Kicks Off To Promising Start

“The Good Bad Mother” Kicks Off To Promising Start

“The Glory” star Lee Do Hyun’s new drama “The Good Bad Mother” has joined the ratings race!

On April 26, JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” kicked off its run with an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.588 percent according to Nielsen Korea.

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun stars as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583005wpp/the-good-bad-mother-kicks-off-to-promising-start

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun Meets With His Father’s Enemy Jung Woong In And Leaves His Mother Ra Mi Ran Speechless In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun Meets With His Father’s Enemy Jung Woong In And Leaves His Mother Ra Mi Ran Speechless In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun will make a complete switch in the upcoming episode of “The Good Bad Mother”!

JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

Ahead of the drama’s second episode, “The Good Bad Mother” unveiled new photos of Kang Ho’s bold actions as he becomes a cold prosecutor.

In the premiere episode, Young Soon’s happy life reached an extreme turning point after the death of her husband Hae Sik (Jo Jin Woong). This allowed her to pour everything she had into raising their son Kang Ho. Her drastic transformation was borderline devastating, as she became determined to be a harsh mother and make sure Kang Ho grew up strong, powerful, and capable of becoming a judge.

With feelings of both love and hate towards his mother, Kang Ho eventually grows up to become a prosecutor as Young Soon wanted, but this inevitably results in another change in both Kang Ho’s behavior and their relationship.

The latest stills capture Kang Ho’s changed attitude as a cold and mature prosecutor. In the first photos, Kang Ho is out for drinks with Oh Tae Soo (Jung Woong In), a prosecutor-turned-national assemblyman. Given that Oh Tae Soo has bad blood with Kang Ho’s father Hae Sik, viewers are left with numerous questions about why the two are meeting up, what Oh Tae Soo is whispering to Kang Ho, and whether Kang Ho’s father’s enemies will transfer down to him.

Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpegJung-Woong-In-1.jpeg

In the next set of stills, Kang Ho is back in Jouri Village where he grew up. Excited to greet her son for the first time in awhile, Young Soon ditches her usual style and opts to awkwardly dress up in an extravagant outfit. However, their friendly atmosphere quickly turns stiff, with a mysterious document in between them. What has made Young Soon freeze up while Kang Ho looks upon her with a blank expression?

Lee-Do-Hyun-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Ra-Mi-Ran-1-1.jpegLee-Do-Hyun-Ra-Mi-Ran-1.jpeg

In Episode 2 of “The Good Bad Mother,” Young Soon will get ready with her neighbors to welcome Kang Ho home after he becomes a prosecutor. However, Kang Ho’s unexpected and secret plans will leave Young Soon feeling hurt and betrayed.

The drama’s producers shared, “The story of prosecutor Kang Ho getting closely tied up with [villains] Oh Tae Soo and Song Woo Byuk [Choi Moo Sung] will officially be drawn out. Please watch the story to see why Kang Ho meets with his parents’ two enemies.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583141wpp/lee-do-hyun-meets-with-his-fathers-enemy-jung-woong-in-and-leaves-his-mother-ra-mi-ran-speechless-in-the-good-bad-mother