[Drama 2021] Happiness, 해피니스- Han Hyo-Joo, Park Hyung Sik & Joo Wo Jin

larus

7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Something random, I recently saw screen shots of Yi Hyun's wrist watch. Apparently the watches are very expensive and the assumption is Yi Hyun could have bought Sae Bom a apartment if she wanted one without government support.

Heh...this is the irony of all Kdramas. The poor characters who can only live in freezing or broiling rooftop apartments without space to store clothes, yet they wear designer watches and a different designer outfit each day (thanks to Kdrama sponsors). It's just part of the fiction. :) (And yes, I have looked up the price of those kinds of watches before, and wowwww I think some are more than I paid for my CAR. Beware if you look this up, cause the internet will think you are seriously considering a purchase, and send you constant ads for watches with a staggeringly high price, lol.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Heh...this is the irony of all Kdramas. The poor characters who can only live in freezing or broiling rooftop apartments without space to store clothes, yet they wear designer watches and a different designer outfit each day (thanks to Kdrama sponsors). It's just part of the fiction. :) (And yes, I have looked up the price of those kinds of watches before, and wowwww I think some are more than I paid for my CAR. Beware if you look this up, cause the internet will think you are seriously considering a purchase, and send you constant ads for watches with a staggeringly high price, lol.)

Oh I remember comments about the poor character's using the most expensive mobile phones. 

Thanks for the information. I will hold off from googling that!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Late to the party but just wanted to say I love this show!

FL & ML were the bomb!

then there’s the whole lockdown and revealing human nature’s true and ugly colours. This felt very apt and intentional to be aired after COVID.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I am wayyyyy late but I just started to watch this today and am in ep 2. It is quite ‘fresh’ in terms of the story and so far I love our main OTP. I’ve always liked PHS’s acting. HJ for me is hit or miss but I really like her in this so far. Actually I didn’t recognized her at first - she looks different to me since I saw W and Dong Yi.

Ekkk at SB’s police friend trapped on the fridge bus (RIP!)

5 hours later……

Some illogic aside, this show is good! I am fully entertained + invested - starting ep 6. Ok I am getting a little bit annoyed that no one is seeing the threat that that crazy man (the one with Dr wife that turned) poses - he’s evil. Some of the neighbors just totally lack common sense.

Ep 7 and I am laughing at the writer for throwing logic out the window. Inconsistencies (especially for the lead characters) aside, the show is entertaining. There are so many scenes where our leads would be bitten + infected by now if some the rules of reality was adhered to but ok I am suspending logic too. PHS is why I am still watching but I find myself getting annoyed with the neighbors - selfish bunch. After this episode - I go to sleep.

Edited by Yinye

I just started checking out The One and Only, and oh my, there is Baek Hyun Jin again! Same horrible whiny voice as the doctor in Happiness. (Note: the actor is quite funny and nice in real life, I mean the horrible characters he plays so well). I just INSTANTLY felt my hackles rise. WHERE IS SAE BOM?? I just kept waiting for her to show up and KICK HIM. (On the plus side, he does get hit in the head by another woman with a golf club, so... Lol. That poor actor!)

han-hyo-joo-baek-hyun-jin.gif

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Yinye said:

@frozentundra I agree with you. He’s such a great actor that I reallllllly felt the hate for his character. One excellent thing about this drama is the amazing cast of experienced actors - they really raise the level of irk while watching because they are so good! 

I'm pretty sure I have never hated a character as much as I hated that doctor...and the apartment rep lady came in a very close second! 

Love the whole cast. Just really well done. Plus a well written script that is very cathartic to watch after living through a real life pandemic!

• Like 1

@frozentundra The script has its moments of brilliance but I feel there are also major flaws re illogical and inconsistencies re the virus & infections throughout. I did like the fresh mix of genres and strong OTP. 

Oh gosh - the Dr just hit another level of evil re spiking the water. I’m gonna need some comedy video before bed to get this out of my head. G’night! 

• Like 1

I am watching the rest - am on ep 8 now and gosh these neighbors don’t have any common sense! It irks me how everyone let the Dr manipulate them so easily. The characters’ focus on money is on point though - you can see it even now during COVID. Ah and the preacher and Mrs Representative manipulating OTP’s friend :( I can’t believe they drank the water. Ah ha - the water twist was good! 

ep9 groan - mess all around. It was one of the best episodes. On to ep 10 - the cleaning couple became quite selfish too. Ep.11 - oh wow they went there!!! Pleasantly surprised and this show looks like it will go out with a bang.  Watching the last episode now. 

Overall- def had fun watching this one. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Han Hyo Joo Shares Her Love For Movies, Acting As Different Ages, Her Recent Pirates Film, And More

Han Hyo Joo Shares Her Love For Movies, Acting As Different Ages, Her Recent Pirates Film, And More

Feb 18, 2022
by E. D

In a recent interview with Allure Magazine, Han Hyo Joo opened up about her feelings towards watching films in the theater, acting in the pandemic-related drama “Happiness,” and more!

[...]

She also discussed the drama “Happiness” she starred, in which deals with a deadly virus spreading through a city, and her upcoming drama “Moving.” When explaining the filming of “Happiness,” she said, “Surprisingly, it resonates a lot. Even though the drama was filmed urgently, all the actors on set were great so the vibe was ‘happy.’ The director was also great. Actually, it was after I decided to do the project ‘Moving,’ which I’m filming now. As the preparation period for ‘Moving’ was prolonged, there were several months that were empty for me, so it was done then.”

She continued by talking about how she made the decision to do the project. She elaborated, “Recently, I haven’t been able to do many projects that fit my age. In ‘Treadstone,’ my character had a 10-year-old son, and in ‘The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure’ I had to act and make a character that was completely different from me. In ‘Happiness,’ the character fits my personality and is close to my age, so I think it was a project that came at a good time. So I really wanted to do it.”

han-hyo-joo-6.jpeg

Because she shares similarities to the character in “Happiness,” Han Hyo Joo said it seemed like she wasn’t even acting. She recalled, “There’s nothing particular about Yoon Sae Bom. My friends all asked me, ‘Why didn’t you act in ‘Happiness?’ When are you acting?'”

She smiled before continuing, “It’s really nice because she was a character in the drama that could show who I am now most naturally without acting or changing myself. In ‘Moving’ as well, I have a son in his third year of high school, and I go back and forth between acting in my 20s and 40s.”

Han Hyo Joo’s full interview will be available in Allure’s March edition!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1513612wpp/han-hyo-joo-shares-her-love-for-movies-acting-as-different-ages-her-recent-pirates-film-and-more

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

12 Great Gateway K-Dramas To Introduce To Your Friends

Apr 6, 2022

Trying to get that friend into the wonderful world of K-dramas? There are a lot out there, and one is bound to suck your friends in. All it really takes is one good drama! We’d visited this topic before about K-dramas to introduce to your friends, and although it is a solid list, here are 12 more to add.

8. “Happiness

happiness.jpeg

“Happiness” stars Park Hyung Sik as Jung Yi Hyun, a detective, and Han Hyo Joo as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent of the Gyeonggi Police Station. The two were classmates in high school and end up in an apocalyptic situation where people are getting infected by a virus that turns them into zombie-like creatures. The two are fighting for their lives and for others.

“Happiness” has got the perfect balance of horror and romance. With the series being only 12 episodes long, it’s also not a huge commitment. It’s an easy watch with lots of action as well as romance to suit anyone’s tastes. There is also the added bonus of seeing two very charming and captivating actors do their thing while fighting for their lives.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

6 Park Hyung Sik K-Dramas You Don’t Want To Miss

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 26, 2023

Whether he’s the playful CEO of a gaming company, the quiet and reliable photographer, or the upright detective, these are just many facets of the versatile Park Hyung Sik, whose personality has impressed viewers on screen.

Happiness

Happiness.jpg

This zombie apocalyptic thriller tells the story of residents in an apartment block who are asked to quarantine at the outbreak of a new infectious virus. Two friends, detective Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik) and Special Unit Officer Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo), are of the many inhabitants of the complex, and they find themselves struggling to bring some order to the building as chaos and the struggle for survival unfold around them.

“Happiness” is a brilliantly crafted drama. It has a compelling story which highlights sociocultural issues but also infuses optimism. Yi Hyun and Sae Bom are busy saving lives, but you also impatiently await a romantic confession from the two. And Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo deliver flawless performances, showcasing their versatility as actors.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563478wpp/6-park-hyung-sik-k-dramas-you-dont-want-to-miss

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

10 Besties-Turned-Lovers K-Dramas For The Romantic Soul

Apr 1, 2023

You may fall in love many times, but some people think that falling in love with your best friend is the best thing ever. And many great K-drama couples have taken this advice quite literally. The progress of childhood friends who progress from nitpicking, bickering, and bantering to some very explosive chemistry and romance is a much loved trope in several dramas. If you are looking at your best friend and wondering if they are the one, here are 10 such K-dramas to check out where childhood friends transitioned to life partners.

Happiness

Happiness.jpg

“Happiness” is a dystopian zombie apocalyptic thriller about residents in an apartment block who are asked to quarantine at the outbreak of a new infectious virus. Detective Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik) and Special Unit Officer Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) are two of the many inhabitants of the apartment complex. Yi Hyun and Sae Bom have been friends since high school, and Yi Hyun harbors feelings for Sae Bom and is always looking out for her. As the crisis breaks out, they put themselves in the frontline to protect people against the deadly virus and monsters. And as the battle of survival unfolds around them, will Yi Hyun be able to make his confession?

“Happiness” is a brilliantly crafted drama, and actors Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo deliver a flawless performance in their roles. If you like zombie thrillers but also some romance, check this one out!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1574876wpp/10-besties-turned-lovers-k-dramas-for-the-romantic-soul

• Like 1