Guo Yang as Pu Fang
Du An Qi as Yun Xi
Zhang Wan Fang as Zi Yue
Fu Hong Sheng as King Huan
Chen Guo (陈果) as Wang Pengyuan
Zhang Hao Jie as Xi Feng
Li Wen Ling as Old Madame Xiao

Synopsis:

Banished from her cultivation sect, Yan Hui accepts a hunt to earn money. She encounters the snake demon she’s hunting but is wounded in the fight. The snake demon flees, and she is forced to stay in remote mountain village until she regains her magic. During her time in the village, Yan Hui stumbles upon several mysteries. Who is the strange boy that seems to be hiding his true nature? And who is the woman dressed in white?

Yan Hui finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy. With fingers pointing at her former shifu as the culprit, Yan Hui sets out to find the truth.

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Back From The Brink 护心
On 8/15/2021 at 12:09 AM, nisfii said:

Thank you for creating this thread, fan of heart protection novel here :elated:

Btw ..bai xiaosheng, is he the same as ling xiao character in the novel?

Sure I creating this tread lolll that was from my top one favorite author ever novel Jiu Lu Fei Xiang :yaaa:

My most favorite novel from her was Seven unfortunate , all thanks to a single moment of impulse 

Did you know this novel is also adapted into drama and I make another tread for kyaaaa 

About Ling Xiao...he is really the second lead in the novel. 

He was the shifu, who was really suffer to protect Yan Hui. Do we have a character with Bai Xiaosheng? Did they change the shifu name? That the ex lover for our ml lead Tian Yao? The crazy woman who use him for the another guy? 

Only 36 episode is short sigh but we still got the drama adaptation. 

When I read Heart Protection...I saw a lot similitude with her novel Seven Unfortunate and Sansheng. The angst is strong..I dunno how many time I cry after I read the  two novels. They beat Hua Qian Gu and Heavy Sweetness Ash like Frost...

The two lead seem perfect to be Yan Hui x Tian Yao hehe...

I hope Tian Yao will be more soft with Yan Hui in the drama adaptation, was mad he used her so much

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I like seven unfortunate lifetimes too, my fav arc was when they swap their gender :getmygrooveon:

But heart protection for now, is my fav of all jiu lu feixiang novel, tried to read the blue whisper and xi ming...but still can't pass more than teen chap, not in the mood maybe...

I still cried too when reread hu xin

Yes tian yao used yan hui so much, fortunately he started to warm up after yan hui comeback and rescued him (the one after she tried to leave him)... on yang zhou city arc when they investigate the fox lust fragrance..i can feel that his feeling for yan hui started to grow more so he started to care for her too, i like when he made a fish porridge after yan hui get hurt...this was my fav arc, when yan hui still relatively happier...

And Tian yao's feelings for yan hui its more noticeable after they take shelter in qing qiu, till the end when he give up the most important part of him for yan hui, because he regard yan hui as his life

I still remember some name from the novel, 

Tian yao and yan hui the OTP;

ling xiao, yan hu'is shifu;

zhi chen yan hui senior brother (i love him :please:

suying, tian yao ex lover

lu musheng the reincarnation of suying past lover

etc..

but i didn't remember who is bai xiaosheng 

Edited by nisfii

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soooo excited for this live adaptation!!! I didn't even know about this novel until I stumbled upon the Youku teaser--peaked my interest and decided to read the novel. The novel was sooo well written!!!! I'm not familiar with Neo, but I did watch a little bit of Word of Honor and saw Zhou Ye's acting (along with her great acting in Better Days film)--she's a great actress and in my opinion, someone who I think will be able to act out Yan Hui's character very well!!!!
:sparklyeyes:

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I just found out that one of my favourite novels is going to have an adaption!! I'm honestly so excited for this, I was watching Love and Redemption earlier and was thinking how it would be nice if Heart Protection also got an adaption, and lo and beyond, it's here!! And I think the casting already looks good! (though I'm not really familiar with them yet since I'm new in cdrama--) 

Can't wait to see the trailer! 

:getmygrooveon:

Edited by cococrunchz
  • Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Back From The Brink 护心
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Back From The Brink 护心 starring Neo Hou and Zhou Ye
  • 8 months later...

Hi everyone! Last couple of days I constantly bump into different rumors re the possibility of this one coming soon. I wonder if it might be true). If yes - I'll be super excited, I was looking forward to watching it for a long time). Both leads have drawn my attention bcs of their previous roles, and it would be my first time to watch Zhou Ye outside World of Honor. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Hi everyone! Last couple of days I constantly bump into different rumors re the possibility of this one coming soon. I wonder if it might be true). If yes - I'll be super excited, I was looking forward to watching it for a long time). Both leads have drawn my attention bcs of their previous roles, and it would be my first time to watch Zhou Ye outside World of Honor. 

read somewhere that there is some 'drama' going on about which one to air first, between this and The Starry Love (Chen Xing Xu and Landy Li). It seems The Starry Love is backed by $$$ and they are trying to air first, so let's wait and see.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

read somewhere that there is some 'drama' going on about which one to air first, between this and The Starry Love (Chen Xing Xu and Landy Li). It seems The Starry Love is backed by $$$ and they are trying to air first, so let's wait and see.

Wow, so a drama behind the drama, hehe. Thanks for the info). Honestly, I have nothing against Youku, but their last dramas I've watched taught me to lower my expectations...

Spoiler

but since I have nothing to watch recently I'll also be happy to try Starry Love anyway).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

New trailer with English subs

Wow, thanks! The trailer looks amazing! Great to see another new xianxia with bright and deep color palette (not smth blurry-pale for a change), sharp and clear "forms" of the drama's "world". The music is very Hollywoodish-styled :D, but I suppose it's OK for this kind of [presumably] "epic" story.

I absolutely love how Neo looks, he seems to be the right guy for the role. As I mentioned before, it will be my first time seeing Zhou Ye outside World of Honor, so I'm very exited). 

Hope the drama is even better than the trailer,  and certainly hope it airs soon:).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...