[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

[Ahn Hyo Sub Greetings] Viu Original, Lovers of the Red Sky | D-1 to premiere!

PD Jang Tae-yoo’s directing collection: ‘Painter of the Wind’ (2008), ‘Tree with Deep Roots’ (2011), ‘My Love from the Star’ (2013), ‘Hyena’ (2020), ‘Red Sky’ (2021)
EA4F85EB-B472-49D8-B680-F57F13D0ED1A.jpg

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

Hello everyone!

Just sharing the 4 main characters descriptions in English.

CREDITS:

Translations by Monstertop | Edition by Cgwm808 from "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" Team @ VIKI

spacer.png

Ha Ram | Ahn Hyo Seop

A man who reads the stars. His sight was stolen from him. During the day Ha Ram is an official of Seomoongwan, a government organization. But at night, he is leading a double life as Il Wol Seong, the head of the intelligence organization Wol Seong Dang. His name means sun, moon, and stars. 

When he was young, he got into an accident during a rainmaking ritual, became blind, and lost his family. Not aware that a devil king had entered his body, Ha Ram fed his desire for revenge against the royalty who caused the loss of his family. He lives as the king's favorite, as an official of Seomoongwan in charge of astronomy, geography and feng shui.

Ha Ram meets Cheon Gi who comes into his palanquin to hide on the winter solstice, the day when dark energy is the strongest. The dormant devil in Ha Ram awakens. And the pendulum of fate, which had stopped swinging, starts to move again.

Translations by Monstertop | Edition by Cgwm808 from "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" Team @ VIKI

spacer.png

Hong Cheon Gi | Kim Yoo Jung

A genius female painter of the Baek Yu Painting Group. 

She exudes cheerful and bright energy. Her refreshing beauty is one to boast about and her smile brightens her environment. Cheon Gi, with her brilliant painting skill, secretly copies and sells famous artwork to earn money to pay for a cure for her dad's insanity. She endures hardship, suffering, and humiliation but still manages to live with high spirits and confidence.

Then one winter solstice, the day when dark energy is the strongest. Cheon Gi meets her fated lover, Ha Ram, who has the most beautiful and chillingly red eyes, who is blind. He looks very much like the boy she met on winter solstice ten years earlier.

A relationship with Ha Ram begins and concurrently, frightening and mysterious things happen to Cheon Gi and Ha Ram.

spacer.png

Grand Prince Yangmyeong (Yi Yul) | Gong Myung

A dandy who wanders in search of beauty. 

A romantic who loves poetry, literature, art and adores artists. The free-spirited, third son of Dan Dynasty who stages interesting and enjoyable events. He has many strong supporters in the royal court so no matter how much he wants to lead a quiet life, he cannot be free from his political duty as a prince.

Then one day, he meets a woman, Hong Cheon Gi. Her straight forward speech and genius painting talent captivates Yangmyeong and his feelings for her deepens as time goes by. For the first time he is enamored with a person, not a poem or a work of art. But he didn't know then that Cheon Gi is only looking toward Ha Ram.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Grand Prince Juhyang (Yi Hu) | Kwak Si Yang

Dan Dynasty's second son. One who dreams of the royal throne. 

He is someone driven by dark ambition who is trying to possess the devil king in order to become the king. He hates his fate as a grand prince who cannot become the king because he was not first born and that merely coveting the throne can be fatal.

About ten years ago during a rainmaking ritual, Juhyang heard the voice of a devil king. The devil king inside of Gyeongwonjeon whispered to Juhyang that if he burned the portrait of King Yeongjong and allowed the devil to possess him, he could become the king.

But the devil king possessed Ha Ram's body instead. From that day on, Juhyang tries with all his might to find and possess the devil king so he can become the king.

Edited by Emily Bett
Please use the spoiler tag for multiple images, thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/30/kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seops-fateful-love-to-unfold-in-lovers-of-the-red-sky/
Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop’s Fateful Love to Unfold in ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’

by krishkim

spacer.png
Credit: SBS

Lovers of the Red Sky will air the intense opening of a whirlwind-like story.

SBS’s Lovers of the Red Sky will air its first episode today at 10 PM KST.

Lovers of the Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance series about a female painter Hong Cheon Gi with a gifted divine power and a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations up in the sky. The series is already making headlines as the drama version of a novel by Jung Eun Gwol. She made multiple hits with work like Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Moon Embracing the Sun.

The heartbreaking and touching love story of lovers who are connected by a red fate will unfold. The secret of Ha Ram, who has red eyes unlike others, and Hong Chun Gi, who feels fate from him, herald an enchanting fantasy romance.

Lovers of the Red Sky is set in an era where the spirit, the devil, and the god engaged in the human world. Even from the premiere episode, a mysterious vibe will fill up the screen. Seeing Ha Ram gently stroking Hong Chun Gi’s face raises curiosity about the fate that connected them since they were young.

The production team shared, “The start of Ha Ram and Hong Chun Gi’s relationship will air in the premiere episode. In order to tell their fateful story, we’ve filled the screen with various characters and fantasy elements. We have created a rich spectacle. Please look forward to it.”

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 6

https://www.soompi.com/article/1486274wpp/4-reasons-to-look-forward-to-the-highly-anticipated-premiere-of-lovers-of-the-red-sky
4 Reasons To Look Forward To The Highly-Anticipated Premiere Of “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

by S. Nam  | Aug 30, 2021

spacer.png

SBS’s upcoming fantasy romance drama “Lovers of the Red Sky” is gearing up for its premiere!

“Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era. Kim Yoo Jung stars as Hong Chun Gi, a female painter of the Joseon Dynasty, who was born blind but miraculously regains her sight. Ahn Hyo Seop stars as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

Below are four reasons to look forward to the new historical drama!

Drama based on novel by Jung Eun Gwol

“Lovers of the Red Sky” is based on a novel of the same name written by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also famously been adapted into hit dramas. Taking place under the fictional Dan dynasty, the upcoming drama tells the story of a fantasy world in which otherworldly beings such as ghosts, demons, and gods exist and depicts the ardent romance story of lovers who are connected by a red sky. The script will be penned by scriptwriter Ha Eun of “Melo Is My Nature,” and the drama will include new relationships between characters, dilemmas, and a love triangle that will make the story even richer.

spacer.png

Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, and Gong Myung

Even before the premiere, viewers are highly anticipating the heart-fluttering chemistry between Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop. Starring in her first historical drama in five years since “Love in the Moonlight,” Kim Yoo Jung passionately worked on practicing her drawing skills in order to prepare for the role of the genius painter Hong Chun Gi. Ahn Hyo Seop, who continued to rise to fame with his role in “Dr. Romantic 2,” is expected to impress once again with his charismatic role of Ha Ram, who holds the secret behind his red eyes. Finally, talented actor Gong Myung, who starred as the youngest detective in “Extreme Job,” will be playing the romantic and lonely Prince Yangmyung to create a love triangle. Finally, Kwak Si Yang, who impressed with his acting in “Alice,” will add tension to the story as he takes on the role of Prince Joohyang, a cruel and ambitious prince determined to be king at all costs.

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Experienced director Jang Tae Yoo

Another point to look forward to in the drama will be director Jang Tae Yoo’s portrayal as he brings the tight story and cast’s passionate acting to life through video. During the press conference, director Jang Tae Yoo mentioned his previous projects, stating that “Lovers of the Red Sky” will be a combination of the fantasy melodrama nature of “My Love from the Star,” the political aspects of “Tree With Deep Roots,” and the artistic aspects of “Painter of the Wind.” Since Jang Tae Yoo is known for his sensible directing and beautiful way of capturing scenes on camera, viewers are looking forward to seeing how he’ll utilize his experience from previous projects.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Star-studded supporting cast lineup

The passionate acting from cast members such as Kim Kwang Gyu, Jang Hyun Sung, Jo Sung Ha, and more will make the drama even more high-quality. In the Baek Yu Painting Group and the Gohwawon (a government office for painters) are Choi Won Ho (Kim Kwang Gyu), who manages the paining group, and Han Geon (Jang Hyun Sung), the greatest painter of all time. At the palace, there is King Sungjo (Jo Sung Ha) as well as the gukmudang Mi Soo (Chae Gook Hee), who is the person in charge of religious ceremonies for the state. Furthermore, in addition to Grandmother Samshin (Moon Sook), a goddess who presides over children and childbirth in Korean folklore, the drama will showcase various otherworldly beings such as a tiger god and painting goblin.

Spoiler

spacer.png

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Source (1)

• Like 8

Director of 'My Love From The Star' returns with new romance K-drama, 'Red Sky'

By AGENCY

ENTERTAINMENT
Monday, 30 Aug 2021

1273354.jpg

'Lover Of The Red Sky' is a fantasy romance drama starring Kim You-jung (right) and Ahn Hyo-seop. Photo: Handout

For television director Jang Tae-yoo, seeing the chemistry between the actors in the upcoming drama Lover Of The Red Sky was a huge pleasure.

“The vibe in our filming site was literally crazy. The relationship between the cast and the staff was really good and all I had to do was to make sure that the cameras worked,” the director said during an online press conference Thursday afternoon.

The fantasy romance drama, an adaptation of a novel of the same title by Jung Eun-gwol, centers around the only female artist of Joseon, Hong Chun-gi (played by Kim You-jung), who is considered a genius painter. Her life changes greatly when she encounters a blind astronomer, Ha-ram (played by Ahn Hyo-seop).

When asked why she chose to take the role, actor Kim You-jung said the character was mesmerising in many ways.

“I enjoyed reading the original novel by author Jung. Chun-gi is a pretty character and the only female artist in the Joseon era. But what caught my heart the most was the way she led her life with courage. I found this was very different from the female characters in other historical dramas,” actor Kim said.

“Of course an opportunity to act under Jang’s direction after 13 years is another reason to choose the character,” she added.

Kim starred in Jang’s 2008 work, The Painter Of The Wind.

Co-star Ahn Hyo-seop described mixed feelings about his role as Ha-ram.

“I always believed that the eyes have special power and have a great influence in acting. Playing Ha-ram was a challenging experience, but I was satisfied that this would improve my acting,” Ahn said.

The director expressed high hopes for the series, thinking of Red Sky as combining distinctive elements from his previous dramas that were hits both at home and abroad - a female artist from The Painter Of The Wind (2008), historical aspects of Deep Rooted Tree (2011) and fantasy romance from My Love From The Star (2013).

“Maybe I have done those dramas to shoot Red Sky,” the director joked.

But as a historical fantasy it might face a new challenge. The terrestrial network SBS cancelled its drama Joseon Exorcist after just two episodes in late March as the series came under fire for its portrayal of Korea’s past.

“Some people are worried that our work may face controversy over historical inaccuracies. Though the drama is set in the Joseon era, we created a new kingdom by re-naming historical areas and kings to avoid any historical distortion,” Jang said. - The Korea Herald/Asia News Network
Lover Of The Red Sky premieres on Aug 31 at 8.10pm on One (Astro Ch 393). Airs Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle/entertainment/2021/08/30/director-of-039my-love-from-the-star039-returns-with-new-romance-k-drama-039red-sky039

• Like 8

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Okay, I really loved episode one. It was wow good start!:).

Me too. I love Kim You Jung. I have been a fan of hers since I watched her as a child actress in May Queen. She has grown up beautifully. 

• Like 4

Whoaaaa.... I like it, its beyond my expectation, though that demon cgi looked like a japanese manga robot.... Wkwkwkwk... But thats oke though... Never thought their going to include cgi effect... Looking forward for KYJ n AHS act and chemistry. Thank you for the child actors, they did well too. 

• Like 6

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065594183913550
Romance historical drama 'Red Sky' starts off with 6.6 percent in viewership

연합뉴스 / 2021-08-31

spacer.png
▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows the poster for drama "Red Sky." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Aug. 31 (Yonhap) -- A fantasy romance drama between Hong Chun-ki, a female painter with divine power, and Ha-ram, who can read the constellations in the sky, has begun.

According to Nielsen Korea, a ratings research company on Tuesday, the first episode of SBS TV's Monday-Tuesday drama "Red Sky," which aired at 10 p.m. on Monday, recorded 6.6 percent in viewership. KBS 2TV's "Police University," which airs at the same time, had a total of 6.7 percent.

In the first episode, the younger versions of the main characters, Hong Chun-ki (played by child actress Lee Nam-gyeong), and Ha-ram (child actor Choi Seung-hoon), were depicted being born under a curse of the devil and intertwined by destiny.

Producer-director Jang Tae-yoo, who has previously produced "Painter of the Wind" and fantasy drama "My Love From the Star," is in charge of directing while actress Kim Yoo-jung, who has appeared in hit romance historical dramas such as "The Moon Embracing the Sun," and "Love In the Moonlight," stars as the main character Hong Chun-ki. 

Instead of rushing to showcase drama from the beginning, "Red Sky" does a good job of building a solid narrative. The child actor and actresses also showed stable performances, raising expectations for Kim Yoo-jung and Ahn Hyo-seop's future chemistry. 

The romance drama attracts viewers by portraying scenes using computer graphics and giving the background story for Ha-ram's eyesight. In addition, the characters are interpreted a little differently from the original novel, which gives a refreshing aspect to the drama. The opening scene also resembled the beginning of drama "The Moon Embracing the Sun," which also drew attention. 

While there have been few fantasy romance historical dramas recently, attention is focused on whether "Red Sky" will be able to revive the specific genre.

When tvN's "High Class," starring actresses Cho Yeo-jeong and Kim Ji-soo, starts on Sept. 6, the battle between the three Monday-Tuesday dramas including "Red Sky" and "Police University" will begin. (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

——

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2021/08/31/red-sky-first-episode-ratings-9-4-kim-yoo-jung-x-ahn-hyo-seop-start-of-red-fate
‘Red Sky’, first episode ratings 9.4%...”Kim Yoo Jung X Ahn Hyo Seop, start of red fate”

Aug 31st 2021

spacer.png

SBS TV new Monday/Tuesday drama ‘Red Sky’ premiered on the 30th. According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating survey company, it recorded an audience rating of 6.4%. Instantly, it rose to a high of 9.4%.

‘Red Sky’ is a fantasy romance historical drama. It is the story of Hong Cheon-gi, a female painter with divine powers and Haram a red-eyed man who reads the constellations in the sky.

It is based on the novel of the same name by Jung Eun Gwol, the author of ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’. Director Jang Tae Yu of ‘My Love from the Star’ took on the directing.

It was intense from the start. In the first episode, the main characters Hong Cheon-gi, and Haram were born under the curse of the Demon King and entangled in a red fate.

spacer.png

In particular, Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung appeared in the ending raising expectations for a full story ahead. The narrative built up earlier made the appearance of the two actors more intense.

From the first episode, it captured the small screen properly. The opening seemed to tell a fairy tale, adding the mystery. The suspenseful development immersed the viewers.

There was also a lot of praise for director Jang Tae Yu’s visual appearance of the scene. The meeting scene between Haram and Hong Cheon-gi was beautiful.

Meanwhile, ‘Red Sky’ airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10pm.

• Like 8

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기 - Mon & Tues @ 22:00 KST

Red Sky OST Part. 1 ‘Baekhyun - Is It Me’ Music Video

https://popgasa.com/2021/08/31/baekhyun-is-it-me-나인가요-lovers-of-the-red-sky-ost-part-1/
BAEKHYUN – IS IT ME (나인가요) LOVERS OF THE RED SKY OST PART 1

spacer.png

However the wind blows, however my feet lead me
Without rest, I can keep walking
So please be somewhere

Even on that day with the sun shining all day
My eyes never got blinded without you
I don’t think I can go on without you
Because no matter what kind of day it is, I long for you without rest

Is it me? The one person who lives in your heart
The one person who you endlessly long for
Even if you deny it, even if you say you hate me
I’ll be by your side like fate

Even on that day with the sun shining all day
My eyes never got blinded without you
I don’t think I can go on without you
Because no matter what kind of day it is, I long for you without rest

I’m still overwhelmed and slow
I still can’t go past one day without tears
If I only have you, if I can only live by your side
Even if I give you all of my remaining life, it won’t be a waste

—-

https://www.soompi.com/article/1486470wpp/kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-have-a-heart-fluttering-encounter-in-lovers-of-the-red-sky
Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop Have A Heart-Fluttering Encounter In “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

by D. Kim | Aug 31, 2021

spacer.png

Stills have been unveiled for the next episode of “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

The new SBS historical fantasy drama stars Kim Yoo Jung as painter Hong Chun Gi, who was born blind but miraculously regains her sight, and Ahn Hyo Seop as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

Spoilers

Spoiler

In the premiere episode, Hong Chun Gi was born blind due to an evil spirit on the same day as Ha Ram. However, their fates were then entangled, causing Hong Chun Gi to be able to see while Ha Ram gained red eyes and lost his sight.

Stills revealed of the next episode show the two reuniting as adults. They are positioned close together in a small palanquin. Hong Chun Gi appears surprised and amazed by Ha Ram’s red eyes, and although Ha Ram cannot see, he can sense Hong Chun Gi’s presence.

The images raise curiosity on if the two will remember each other from the past and what kind of conversation they will share in the palanquin.

spacer.png

The “Lovers of the Red Sky” production team commented, “Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram reunite as adults, and the story of their fate officially begins. Please look forward to their surprising reunion in the palanquin, how this encounter will continue, and the fast-paced plot ahead.”

Episode 2 of “Lovers of the Red Sky” airs on August 31 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

[Episode 2] 'Is this the woman...!?' Hong cheon-gi and Ha Ram's reunion #Hongcheongi #Redsky SBSNOW

• Like 5