[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

Gong Myung Dishes On His Chemistry With Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop In Upcoming Drama “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Gong Myung Dishes On His Chemistry With Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop In Upcoming Drama “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Spoiler

Gong Myung has shared his thoughts on his upcoming drama “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

Based on the novel of the same name by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also famously been adapted into hit dramas, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a new SBS historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era.

Kim Yoo Jung will star in the drama as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight, while Gong Myung will star as the romantic and free-spirited Prince Yangmyung, a lover of the arts who falls for Hong Chun Gi.

Explaining why he had decided to appear in the drama, Gong Myung recalled, “I wanted to work with director Yang Tae Yoo, I found the script charming, and I really looked forward to my chemistry with the other actors.”

Gong Myung went on to introduce his character by saying, “Prince Yangmyung is full of emotion, and he’s a character whose artistic sense is outstanding. He was known to be talented at poetry, calligraphy, and drawing, and in order to portray those sides of the character, I studied drawing and calligraphy before filming and familiarized myself with them.”

“Prince Yangmyung has a bright and cheerful side,” he continued, “but he also has a more serious side and a powerful presence as a prince.”

Gong-Myung2.jpg

The actor also spoke about his experience working together with co-stars Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop.

“[Kim Yoo Jung] was the driving force that enabled me to take on ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ without hesitation,” revealed Gong Myung. “We got along and worked together comfortably from our first shoot. Please look forward to Prince Yangmyung and Hong Chun Gi’s bickering chemistry.”

As for Ahn Hyo Seop, who plays his romantic rival in the drama, he shared, “I had a lot of fun filming with actor Ahn Hyo Seop on set in real life. There’s a bromance between [Prince Yangmyung] and Ha Ram, and the drama portrays a friendship that goes beyond their social status.”

Finally, Gong Myung remarked, “I think the key points of our drama to keep an eye on are the chemistry between the actors and [the drama’s] visual elements.”

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

In the meantime, check out a teaser for the drama with English subtitles below!

WATCH NOW

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485318wpp/gong-myung-dishes-on-his-chemistry-with-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-in-upcoming-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky

• Like 8

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2021/08/24/red-sky-kim-yoo-jung-x-hong-kyung-x-hong-jin-gia-strong-friendship-will-be-shown
Red Sky’ Kim Yoo Jung x Hong Kyung x Hong Jin Gi…”a strong friendship will be shown”

Aug 24, 2021

spacer.png

‘Red Sky’ actress Kim Yoo Jung and her painter friends are looking forward to the cheerful and lively chemistry. On the 24th, SBS new Monday/Tuesday drama ‘Red Sky’ released a still cut showing Kim Yoo Jung and her painter friends.

‘Red Sky’ is a fantasy romance historical drama drawn by Hong Cheon-ki, a female painter with divine power and Haram a red-eyed man who read the constellations in the sky. It is a drama adaptation of the bestselling novel of the same name by Jeong Eun Gwol, the author of ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’.

Among them, Kim Yoo Jung drew attention for heralding the transformation of Hong Cheon-ki, a painter with genius drawing skills. In the center of the group, where Hong Cheon-ki draws, character full of unique painters will appear, adding a variety of fun to the play. She will have two friends Choi Jeong and Young Wook as her friend and show a close friendship.

spacer.png

They are the ‘three Musketeers of Painters’, they call each other ‘the truth, the hatred and the sorrow’. Three friends with different personalities and styles are expected to show off their unique friendship as friends who boast fantastic chemistry once they meet.

It is said three actors built close friendships by practicing painting together to prepare for the character of the painter. The production team of ‘Red Sky’ said, “Choi Jeong and Cha Young Wook are loyal friends who like Hong Cheon-ki’s paintings and envy her abilities but also cherish her. Please look forward to their friendships”.

Meanwhile, ‘Red Sky’ will be aired on the 30th 10pm.

——

LoversOfTheRedSky English-subbed clips from VIU-SG

Official Homepage: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/redsky/main

DC Gallery: https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/lists?id=hongcheonki

• Like 6

Spoiler

[Hongcheonki] Online Production Presentation Live

Date: August 26th (Thursday) at 2pm
Attendance: Kim You-jung, Ahn Hyo-seop, Gong Myung, Kwak Si-yang, director Jang Tae-yoo
Platform: SBS official website / YouTube channel 'SBS NOW' 

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/redsky/main
https://youtube.com/c/SBSNOW

SBS new Monday-Tuesday drama <Hongcheonki>
 ☞ First broadcast on August 30 [Mon] at 10 pm

#Hongcheonki #RedSky
#AhnHyoseop #KimYoujung #Gongmyung #KwakSiyang

spacer.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485461wpp/lovers-of-the-red-sky-teases-heart-fluttering-love-triangle-between-kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-and-gong-myung
“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Teases Heart-Fluttering Love Triangle Between Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, And Gong Myung

by L. Kim | Aug 24, 2021

Spoiler

spacer.png

Get ready for an exciting love triangle in the upcoming SBS drama “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

Based on the novel of the same name by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also famously been adapted into hit dramas, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era.

Kim Yoo Jung will star as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight, and Gong Myung will star as the romantic and lonely Prince Yangmyung.

The new drama will feature an exhilarating and romantic love story between a female painter, blind astrologer, and lonely prince. In particular, Hong Chun Gi will display very different chemistries with her two potential lovers.

First off, Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram will have a fateful and affectionate relationship. They first cross paths when they are children, and they unknowingly become intertwined by great fate. The two characters will captivate viewers with their loving and mysterious atmosphere, and it will be interesting to see how the strange string of fate that connects them will play out. Moreover, the frightening events surrounding them will make their romance more desperate than ever.

spacer.png

Then there’s Hong Chun Gi and Prince Yangmyung, who exude an entirely different atmosphere. The two have friendly and quarrelsome chemistry that makes them seem like comfortable friends. However, Prince Yangmyung will deeply fall for the charms of Hong Chun Gi, who isn’t afraid to be outspoken in front of him. In addition, Prince Yangmyung has a soft spot for art, and he will become captivated by Hong Chun Gi’s paintings. The two aren’t supposed to be close to each other, but they will make viewers smile with their humorous bickering.

spacer.png

Are you looking forward to the beautiful romance between Hong Chun Gi and Haram, who are bound by fate? Or are you more excited for the way Prince Yangmyung will cherish and protect Hong Chun Gi, the woman who warms his lonely heart?

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source (1)

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

On 8/24/2021 at 7:28 PM, Helena said:

[Hongcheonki] Online Production Presentation Live

Date: August 26th (Thursday) at 2pm
Attendance: Kim You-jung, Ahn Hyo-seop, Gong Myung, Kwak Si-yang, director Jang Tae-yoo
Platform: SBS official website / YouTube channel 'SBS NOW' 

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/redsky/main
https://youtube.com/c/SBSNOW

[CLIPS] Arrival

Spoiler

[PICS] Arrival

Spoiler

9FAE8FDA-F400-4761-AF67-8FE59B86F078.jpg

65B8CA5A-3456-49C2-8294-61A1B9DD0B98.jpg

9C54AF51-54A0-4823-975A-00930E7B87A5.jpg

92590EBB-B80D-46EB-85A2-CE163CF8349E.jpg

07AD4E10-B6C6-4B1D-A173-3D6EEEB709CE.jpg

D64EB84C-BB5E-4401-ADC9-2AF4635035E2.jpg

A1431D8D-96BF-438A-9338-3F3D87951A34.jpg

E7C71926-9DD2-494D-98F7-FCA6A16BC085.jpg

EAFC12D0-E6EA-48F3-A649-C3CAB6614E0F.jpg

113FD156-E9D9-49F1-A81E-239E9713B78A.jpg

B61BE2C4-A2ED-4D72-AFE3-33C5B182BDE7.jpg

7D804132-7C9E-4228-B251-B6654F652E72.jpg

230860AA-A3BF-47E0-80CE-54E7C59D1675.jpg

[LIVE] Press Conference

[PICS] press conference 

87B3EFC7-EC34-4546-8ADE-8BA03102BC41.jpg

▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows actor Kwak Si-yang (left), Ahn Hyo-seop, actress Kim Yoo-jung, and actor Gong Myung. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Spoiler

1B765E6C-1332-4764-82BD-3EBEE71E7C3B.jpg

2032DDCC-2FD8-4FEA-A168-8E5DE6D76E9F.jpg

47EE1584-3237-4B0E-86D9-239DD5260755.jpg

• Like 7

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065600818300116
Actress Kim Yoo-jung to portray a matured character in historical drama 'Red Sky'

연합뉴스 / 2021-08-26 17:13:05

0E18E8BC-619A-42D7-B5EC-C33DEF8B71F1.jpg

▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows actress Kim Yoo-jung, who plays the leading role for upcoming SBS drama "Red SKy." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

16892A82-D3E3-4AB1-8EBD-EABA9E4C8CF3.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows actor Ahn Hyo-seop, who plays the leading role for upcoming SBS drama "Red SKy." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

549C21DC-950A-4481-8EE5-272F53D7EB8A.jpg

▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows director Jang Tae-yoo of upcoming SBS drama "Red SKy." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Spoiler

87B3EFC7-EC34-4546-8ADE-8BA03102BC41.jpg

▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows actor Kwak Si-yang (left), Ahn Hyo-seop, actress Kim Yoo-jung, and actor Gong Myung. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Aug. 26 (Yonhap) -- A heartbreaking fantasy romance between a genius painter Hong Cheon-ki, who captures the energy of objects in paintings, and an officer of a planetarium, who looks at the stars with his heart instead of his eyes, will soon hit small screens in Korea. 

On Thursday, SBS TV held an online press conference and announced that the television company's new Monday-Tuesday drama "Red Sky" will begin its first broadcast at 10 p.m. on Aug. 30. 

During the conference, actress Kim Yoo-jung, 22, who plays the lead role Hong Cheon-ki, explained her reasons in returning to a historical drama in five years, saying, "I was a fan of the original novel. I was attracted to Hong's charm, especially when she shows off her confidence as the only female painter." 

Kim, who was praised for her performance in previous historical dramas such as "The Moon Embracing the Sun" and "Love In the Moonlight," added, "My character, Ra-on, from 'Love in the Moonlight' had a young mindset and was in the process of growing up. On the other hand, Hong Cheon-ki is capable of thinking for herself and has certainty in her decisions." 

Ahn Hyo-seop (26), who emerged as a rising star through his role in "Dr. Romantic 2," will be playing Ha-ram and deliver a romantic chemistry with Kim. 

As for his role, Ahn said, "My character goes through a misfortune as a child by losing his eyesight due to a mysterious incident. He has a soft, friendly, and loyal side to him, but can sometimes be meticulous and sharp." 

"I was worried because I had a specific character setting to follow and there also were many fantasy elements in this historical drama, however I decided to take this part as a challenge to myself," the 26-year-old actor said. 

"Red Sky" also raised expectations as it was directed by TV director Jang Tae-yoo, who is famous for producing a number of hit dramas such as "Painter of the Wind," "Deep Rooted Tree," and "My Love From the Star."

"(Red Sky) is like a comprehensive drama of all the previous works I have done," director Jang said. "It feels like combining 'Deep Rooted Tree', a historical drama with a strong political character, with fantasy melodrama elements from 'My Love From the Star' and artistic aspects from 'Painter of the Wind.'" 

"For 'Red Sky,' I did my best to portray a certain picture I wasn't able to fully express in 'Painter of the Wind,'" Jang explained. 

In addition, director Jang said the chemistry between the actors was "insane." "The atmosphere was naturally created between the actors and all I had to do was turn the camera to capture the specific moment," Jang added, expressing his confidence. 

Asked about how he felt about reuniting with Kim after 13 years since "Painter of the Wind," director Jang said, "I can't believe I have gotten this old. Back then, Kim felt like an acting prodigy, but now she has grown up to take the leading role. The viewers will also be able to see a completely mature side of Kim." 

However, in terms of SBS's previous controversy over distorting Korean history with TV series "Joseon Exorcist," director Jang said, "The drama is set in a fictional country within Joseon Dynasty after much consideration . We also changed the names of actual historical figures except for Hong Cheon-ki and Ha-ram in order to prevent any controversy." 

In addition to Kim and Ahn, actors Gong Myung and Kwak Si-yang will also appear in "Red Sky." 

(END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

• Like 7

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485643wpp/lovers-of-the-red-sky-cast-shares-reasons-for-joining-drama-thoughts-about-the-love-triangle-and-more
“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Cast Shares Reasons For Joining Drama, Thoughts About The Love Triangle, And More

by L. Kim | Aug 26, 2021

Spoiler

spacer.png

On August 26, SBS’s new drama “Lovers of the Red Sky” held an online press conference with producing director (PD) Jang Tae Yoo and cast members Ahn Hyo Seop, Kim Yoo Jung, Gong Myung, and Kwak Si Yang.

Based on the novel of the same name by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also famously been adapted into hit dramas, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era.

Kim Yoo Jung will star as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight, and Gong Myung will star as the romantic and lonely Prince Yangmyung. Kwak Si Yang will play the cruel and ambitious Prince Joohyang.

Jang Tae Yoo, whose past works include “My Love from the Star” and “Tree With Deep Roots,” talked about the process of choosing the drama’s cast. He shared, “I focused on [the actors’] chemistry and acting skills, and it is written in history that Hong Chun GI is ‘a rare beauty.’ Ha Ram is also a man whom Hong Chun Gi fell in love with at first sight. That’s why I thought long and hard, and with a lot of difficulty, [Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop] came together. In addition, Prince Yangmyung appeared as the main character in other dramas before. I was determined to find someone with a princely appearance like Gong Myung, and I was able to do that after careful consideration. Prince Joohyang also appeared as the lead character in many dramas, so I casted Kwak Si Yang. I don’t think it will easy to [create] another cast like this again.”

Jang Tae Yoo also praised the cast’s amazing chemistry, saying, “On the drama set, everything seems to be going well on its own. All I need to do is turn on the camera.”

spacer.png

Kim Yoo Jung has appeared in various historical dramas before, including “The Moon Embracing the Sun” and “Love in the Moonlight.” The actress commented, “I don’t think [the dramas] received good responses because I did a perfectly good job. Due to those positive responses, many people fortunately think I fit well in historical dramas. I read the original novel ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ by writer Jung Eun Gwol and enjoyed it. Also, I think Hong Chun Gi’s character has great merit. Along with [the descriptions that she’s] ‘the only woman female painter’ and ‘a rare beauty,’ there is the fact that she courageously lives on and is different from other female characters in historical dramas. I was fascinated by the way she solved some things with the other characters. Above all, it was a huge factor that I was able to work with PD Jang Tae Yoo.”

The actress continued, “I didn’t participate in a lot [of historical dramas,] and I think I am asked a lot of questions [about them] because they did well, but I made an effort to not be too trapped within the framework. When I tried to do that, there were many restrictions on speech and behavior. That was [how I could] be as natural as possible, and because the viewers live in a modern society, I think I focused on how I could express [my role well] and how they could understand [the story] easily.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

When asked why he chose to star in “Lovers of the Red Sky” as his next project, Ahn Hyo Seop replied, “It’s an honor to be able to appear in a drama that is directed by PD Jang Tae Yoo. I am also a fan of Jung Eun Gwol, and I thought it would be a challenge because of the fact that my character is blind and the story’s fantasy elements. I was worried about the pressure because I had to act as a character who couldn’t see and lived in an era I’m not from, but I stepped up to the plate with the intention of challenging myself.”

Then the actor added, “Honestly, the most difficult part was that I had to pretend like I couldn’t see. I thought that when you act, there is a certain power that comes out of your eyes, but I only had to act with sound, so that part was difficult.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

Kim Yoo Jung also talked about the love triangle between Hong Chun Gi, Ha Ram, and Prince Yangmyung. She shared, “Hong Chun Gi is strongly attracted to Ha Ram from the beginning, and the drama is actually about those two people who are destined to be together. So I think it feels more sad and melodramatic than romantic. They have some interesting elements, but viewers will be able to see bickering chemistry between Hong Chun Gi and Prince Yangmyung, who are like friends. [Their relationship] is difficult in terms of status, but that doesn’t really matter. Prince Yangmyung has a kind and nice personality, and although their relationship is a bit risky from the beginning, they get closer to each other. It’s kind of entertaining, funny, and cute.”

Img4

spacer.png

Previously, SBS’s other historical drama “Joseon Exorcist” was permanently cancelled due to a historical distortion controversy. Regarding that, Jang Tae Yoo shared that “Lovers of the Red Sky” really invested their time into historical investigation. The director explained, “Unlike the original novel, the world of fantasy was established by setting the background of the era as a virtual country. Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram were written like the original characters, and the names of other characters who existed in history were changed to imaginary names to prevent controversy over distortion of history.”

Lastly, Kim Yoo Jung remarked, “It’s a drama that has a lot more charm than we talked about here. Many actors worked hard, and many people filmed happily together and got through the difficulties in the hot and cold weather. I hope that the viewers will watch it happily and comfortably.”

spacer.png

Source (1)

• Like 7

[4-minute highlights] A dangerous and beautiful fantasy romance with the secret of red eyes #Hongcheongi #Redsky

[PICS] Individual 

Spoiler

504E2673-DFAA-4B3D-A0AF-B8F40C300311.jpg

737F7847-2900-4585-A7A2-15778CBE96A0.jpg

89802AB3-C4EC-460C-8DE7-15B23E1E9876.jpg

B359828D-126D-4B7A-A61E-A603E80B834B.jpg

AF815620-FD03-4C30-9513-2DCA1B567E90.jpg

DC0BB28B-7666-4CEF-9E8A-4CFA1A8F4419.jpg

8EB82CA1-D9BB-4D84-81C5-76847DE8C0FA.jpg

14C7451D-10E3-4246-965C-09639686E5AD.jpg

F16D5674-54DB-457F-9F29-5DDEC9D624AB.jpg

E9B470E1-323D-49E6-9168-AA26177264BF.jpg

40C44924-29B3-4FEA-92A6-039663B9DFF6.jpg

C5810023-7EB0-4379-9514-465457512BAE.jpg

[PICS] Group

Spoiler

66E79DA8-5B65-430F-A085-348E06B4FE7B.jpg

Main Couple 

8558DA18-2080-48B5-8DBC-97BE210D61D1.jpg

C002EC21-7381-4F1A-93AA-64989C212032.jpg

1A9A33AC-4A1C-4F83-892D-20FC5B2A5EA2.jpg

Love triangle

34DC0194-99D9-4881-B32D-15F6ADC87715.jpg

D0915A57-619F-4DAC-B111-8553A56CCCDD.jpg

B1A6A539-3E0C-4B37-AAEF-679A2C964237.jpg

6F80FE1D-811E-4F6C-873B-14DAB432FAEE.jpg

44C321F4-2A7D-49E8-B6C1-0FD34AF8490C.jpg

6DBCC831-C17D-47F9-8133-104DA65C04E4.jpg

[PICS] Wreaths from fans 

Spoiler

C473D799-08FA-429B-BE6D-922643E3B97F.jpg

730BC6DA-21B5-4479-8C04-E92881F7B89E.jpg

54360FC2-7883-4C67-98DA-B861654BAF96.jpg

CCAFA5CC-3232-4D9E-BEB3-5AC8394A6F58.jpg

4F9B1680-850B-4B71-8D0C-D2347B23F652.jpg

BEA7B62B-F049-4ACC-A615-04719FC09316.jpg

776EE092-893B-4078-8032-7B88F78D834C.jpg

B8CECE11-4D69-403B-8735-2CAD375F2121.jpg

CR: sbsdrama.official

OST Part 1 ‘Baekhyun - Is it Me’ (August 31 at 12:00pm KST)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006443835
[SBS Star] Ahn Hyo Seop Says He Got a Lot of Help from Kim Yoo Jung During Drama Shooting

By Lee Narin  | 2021.08.26

6218D29D-E248-464A-A3A3-B902B353E481.jpg

Actor Ahn Hyo Seop shared that actress Kim Yoo Jung helped him during the shooting of their drama.  

On August 26, an online press conference for SBS' upcoming drama 'Red Sky' was held.   During the press conference, director Jang Tae-yoo mentioned how great the chemistry was between the actors and actresses.   He said, "Their chemistry was crazy. They did so well that the only thing I had to do was to make sure the cameras rolled well."  

Kim Yoo Jung commented, "I love the vibe that our filming site gave off. It made me feel comfortable. Most importantly, I was able to communicate well with everyone."  She resumed, "I spent a lot of time talking to the cast and staff about my lines and emotions in certain scenes. It was very useful."

Then, Ahn Hyo Seop said, "I actually relied on Yoo Jung much. I had to act with her the most, but she was more experienced in this field than I was, so I just had to respond to her great acting."   He continued, "She gave constantly gave me help and advice. We talked about our scenes often as well. I think that helped quite a bit, because we were able to find the best together."  

'Red Sky' is a novel-based fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon Dynasty.   The novel was written by writer Jung Eun-gwol, who wrote the original novels of popular dramas 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' (2010) and 'Moon Embracing the Sun' (2012).  

The first episode of 'Red Sky' is planned to be broadcast on August 30 at 10PM KST.

Spoiler

F4ED92A0-0BE0-491F-AE3D-282D242866CE.jpg

AC724303-F6F0-4F01-BB24-B0305C00510B.jpg

A2B49502-5A1A-4CAC-A2CA-B64E32341ADF.jpg

(Credit= SBS Red Sky)  
(SBS Star)    

• Like 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Helena said:

4-minute highlights

[PICS] Individual 

Hide contents

[PICS] Group

Reveal hidden contents

Main Couple 

Love triangle

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006443835
[SBS Star] Ahn Hyo Seop Says He Got a Lot of Help from Kim Yoo Jung During Drama Shooting

By Lee Narin  | 2021.08.26

Actor Ahn Hyo Seop shared that actress Kim Yoo Jung helped him during the shooting of their drama.  

On August 26, an online press conference for SBS' upcoming drama 'Red Sky' was held.   During the press conference, director Jang Tae-yoo mentioned how great the chemistry was between the actors and actresses.   He said, "Their chemistry was crazy. They did so well that the only thing I had to do was to make sure the cameras rolled well."  

Kim Yoo Jung commented, "I love the vibe that our filming site gave off. It made me feel comfortable. Most importantly, I was able to communicate well with everyone."  She resumed, "I spent a lot of time talking to the cast and staff about my lines and emotions in certain scenes. It was very useful."

Then, Ahn Hyo Seop said, "I actually relied on Yoo Jung much. I had to act with her the most, but she was more experienced in this field than I was, so I just had to respond to her great acting."   He continued, "She gave constantly gave me help and advice. We talked about our scenes often as well. I think that helped quite a bit, because we were able to find the best together."  

'Red Sky' is a novel-based fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon Dynasty.   The novel was written by writer Jung Eun-gwol, who wrote the original novels of popular dramas 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' (2010) and 'Moon Embracing the Sun' (2012).  

The first episode of 'Red Sky' is planned to be broadcast on August 30 at 10PM KST.

Reveal hidden contents

(Credit= SBS Red Sky)  
(SBS Star)    

Hi can I ask..if ahn hyo seop and kim too Jung have their shipper forum?

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote images, thanks!
  • Like 3

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/27/kim-yoo-jung-shares-why-she-joined-lovers-of-the-red-sky-thoughts-about-the-on-screen-romance-and-more/
Kim Yoo Jung Shares Why She Joined ‘Lovers Of The Red Sky’, Thoughts About The On-screen Romance, And More

by Munjeong Jung

spacer.png
Credit: SBS

On August 26th, SBS’ Lovers Of The Red Sky held its online press conference. Director Jang Tae Yu, Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung, and Kwak Si Yang participated in the event.

Lovers Of The Red Sky is a fictional fantasy romance drama that revolves around a female painter Hong Chun Gi who has a mysterious power. In the drama, she meets a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations up in the sky.

spacer.png

Credit: SBS

In the event, Kim Yoo Jung commented, “I’m grateful that people have left good comments on the teaser materials. I loved reading the original work Hong Chun Gi by Jung Eun Gwol. I think my character has many significant charms.” She continued, “I think I was attracted to the fact that she courageously lives on as the only female painter among her group. She is different from other female characters in historical dramas. I was fascinated by how she solved the problems with the other characters.”

In addition, she remarked, “I choose to star in the drama because it was an opportunity for me to work with producer Jang Tae Yoo. Thankfully, my earlier period dramas have received some good comments. I think it did well because we had a lot of help from the other actors and staff.”

Meanwhile, Kim Yu Jung and Jang Tae Yu have previously met in Painter of the Wind.

Lovers Of The Red Sky will premiere on August 30th.

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles regarding K-Drama, K-Pop, K-Movie and more as quickly as I can.

16 hours ago, Daisy lover said:

Hi can I ask..if ahn hyo seop and kim too Jung have their shipper forum?

I just checked, there isn’t one yet. please start one. :)

• Like 5

Can'tttt contain my excitement for this drama! The highlight video is beautiful and i can see some touches that reminded me of the Painter of the Wind! 

Already in love. 

Just making sure tho, they have wrapped up filming for this drama, correct? All the casting announcements are thus post-production ones? Got confused for a bit here haha.

• Like 5

97214502e0ad40dc86ffbf68512cd72a.jpeg?s=

Watch: Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop Experience A Love With Hidden Dangers And Secrets In “Lovers Of The Red Sky” Highlight Clip

Aug 27, 2021
by S. Cho

“Lovers of the Red Sky” has shared an intriguing new highlight video!

Based on the novel of the same name, SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era. Kim Yoo Jung will star as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight, and Gong Myung will star as the romantic and lonely Prince Yangmyung.

The clip begins with Ha Ram innocently asking Hong Chun Gi for her name. Unable to get the words out, she shyly responds, “Hong…Hong…Hong…” He misinterprets her response and asks, “Your name is Hong Hong Hong?” before she quickly corrects him, “It’s Hong Chun Gi!”

Later, Hong Chun Gi is immersed in her work as those around her admire her talent and status as the kingdom’s only female painter. Choi Won Ho (Kim Kwang Kyu) comments, “A tiny child came asking for drawing lessons after opening her eyes, but she was so breathtakingly good at drawing.”

Regarding Ha Ram, someone asks, “They say he’s the one who carried out the rain ritual from 19 years ago. Is the rumor that he lost his sight in the ritual true?”

Thrown into an unexpected situation, Hong Chun Gi frantically dives into Ha Ram’s palanquin and pleads with him to let it slide. She then notices his eyes and comments, “Your eyes are really pretty.” He responds, “People look at my eyes and call me a sea monster.”

Hong Chun Gi’s incredible painting finds its way to Prince Yangmyung, who can’t believe her version is a copy. He goes on a hunt to learn more about the artist and confidently introduces himself to Hong Chun Gi as Prince Yangmyung. Instead of being flustered and impressed, Hong Chun Gi thinks he’s joking and replies with a big laugh, “If you’re Prince Yangmyung, I’m his wife!”

In order to get closer to Hong Chun Gi, Prince Yangmyung enlists the help of Ha Ram. However, Ha Ram has no intention of doing so, and he tells him, “I apologize, Prince. Her promise with me came first.”

Prince Joohyang (Kwak Si Yang) is introduced as someone who craves the position of power he cannot have as he insists, “I must become King.”

When various night guards are found dead, it is noticed that their corpses strangely have no spirits, and someone comments, “This is definitely the trace of the devil.” As a solution, someone claims in voice-over that they must find a painter who can restore the King’s portrait. The voice continues, “A painter who can infuse the drawing with spirit and seal off the devil’s energy.”

At the end, Hong Chun Gi comments, “Ha Ram has a secret. Something that others can never know.”

Through all of these developments, the relationship between Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram still manages to blossom. Ha Ram emotionally tells Hong Chun Gi, “I can’t keep you by my side right now. Because if I’m by your side, I start wanting to become Ha Ram of the past.” She later tells him, “I’ll remember this moment for a very long time.” He responds, “Please wait for the tomorrow that I’ve promised.”

Watch the full highlight clip below!

[하이라이트] 붉은 눈의 비밀을 간직한, 위험하고 아름다운 판타지 로맨스!ㅣ홍천기(redsky)ㅣSBS DRAMA

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Check out a teaser for the drama below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485751wpp/kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-experience-a-love-with-hidden-dangers-and-secrets-in-lovers-of-the-red-sky-highlight-teaser

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210827000608
SBS offers new fantasy romance drama ‘Red Sky’

By Lee Si-jin (sj_lee@heraldcorp.com) | August 27, 2021

spacer.png
Actors Kwak Si-yang (left) and Ahn Hyo-seop, director Jang Tae-yoo, actors Kim You-jung and Gong Myoung pose for a photo after an online press conference Wednesday (SBS)

For television director Jang Tae-yoo, seeing the chemistry between the actors in the upcoming Monday-Tuesday SBS drama “Red Sky” was a huge pleasure.

“The vibe in our filming site was literally crazy. The relationship between the cast and the staff was really good and all I had to do was to make sure that the cameras worked,” the director said during an online press conference Thursday afternoon.

The fantasy romance drama, an adaptation of a novel of the same title by Jung Eun-gwol, centers around the only female artist of Joseon, Hong Chun-gi (played by Kim You-jung), who is considered a genius painter. Her life changes greatly when she encounters a blind astronomer, Ha-ram (played by Ahn Hyo-seop).

When asked why she chose to take the role, actor Kim You-jung said the character was mesmerizing in many ways.

“I enjoyed reading the original novel by author Jung. Chun-gi is a pretty character and the only female artist in the Joseon era. But what caught my heart the most was the way she led her life with courage. I found this was very different from the female characters in other historical dramas,” actor Kim said.

“Of course an opportunity to act under Jang’s direction after 13 years is another reason to choose the character,” she added.

Kim starred in Jang’s 2008 work, “The Painter of the Wind.” 

Co-star Ahn Hyo-seop described mixed feelings about his role as Ha-ram.

“I always believed that the eyes have special power and have a great influence in acting. Playing Haram was a challenging experience, but I was satisfied that this would improve my acting,” Ahn said.

spacer.png
Ahn Hyo-seop (left) stars as Ha-ram and Kim You-jung as Hong Chun-gi in “Red Sky” (SBS)

The director expressed high hopes for the series, thinking of “Red Sky” as combining distinctive elements from his previous dramas that were hits both at home and abroad -- a female artist from “The Painter of the Wind” (2008), historical aspects of “Deep Rooted Tree” (2011) and fantasy romance from “My Love From the Star” (2013). 

“Maybe I have done those dramas to shoot ‘Red Sky,’” the director joked.

But as a historical fantasy it might face a new challenge. The terrestrial network SBS cancelled its drama “Joseon Exorcist” after just two episodes in late March as the series came under fire for its portrayal of Korea’s past.

“Some people are worried that our work may face controversy over historical inaccuracies. Though the drama is set in the Joseon era, we created a new kingdom by re-naming historical areas and kings to avoid any historical distortion,” Jang said.

The 18-part series “Red Sky” will start airing on Aug. 30.

• Like 5

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/08/688_314620.html
Kim Yoo-jung plays kingdom's only female royal painter in new series, 'Red Sky'

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2021-08-28 09:48

spacer.png
Actors Ahn Hyo-seop, left, and Kim Yoo-jung pose during an online press conference for SBS's upcoming series, "Red Sky," Thursday. Courtesy of SBS

Actress Kim Yoo-jung will star in a period series for the first time in five years ― SBS's upcoming drama, "Red Sky" ― after she played the lead in the 2016 hit period romance series "Love In The Moonlight." 

Based on a bestselling novel of the same name by Jung Eun-gwol, the writer behind the original novels for the TV dramas "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" and "Moon Embracing the Sun," the new fantasy series follows a romance between two royal officers. 

Hong Cheon-ki (Kim), whose name in classical Chinese characters translates to "red sky," is a genius painter who becomes the first woman to work at the Korean Royal Academy of Painting. One day, she runs into a blind man, Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo-seop), who is an officer at a royal unit in charge of astronomy, geography and meteorology, and finds herself instantly attracted. 

The actress revealed that she has been a fan of the original novel, which led her to take the title role in the series. 

"I've read the book in the past and really enjoyed it, which influenced me to decide to take the role. The elements of the character were appealing to me," she said during an online press conference for the series, Thursday. "Cheon-ki is a bold, high-spirited person. She defies all the odds against her in her own way and becomes the Joseon Kingdom's only female royal painter."

Kim shared her difficulties in working on a period series and make it appealing to the audience. 

"I tried not to put myself in any boxes, although I also tried to maintain the nuances of the specific historical period in my acting. Factoring in historical elements put limitations in certain gestures and aspects of language," she said. "So I tried to put focus on how I can make my role convincing and express it in a way so that people, living in modern times, can understand it."

spacer.png
A scene from "Red Sky" / Courtesy of SBS

The series is directed by star director Jang Tae-yoo, who directed the hit series, "My Love From the Star," "Deep Rooted Tree" and "Painter of the Wind."

The director said that his latest series will be a combination of his previous works. 

"Red Sky is a fantasy period series that centers on romance," he said. "It has the melodrama and fantasy of My Love From the Star, the political tension of Deep Rooted Tree, and the artistic beauty of 'Painter of the Wind.'"

Noting the network's previous fantasy period series "Joseon Exorcist," which was canceled after two episodes in March, after facing a backlash for featuring Chinese-style costumes, hairstyles and food props, the director expressed that he was being extra cautious with mixing fantasy with period drama styles. 

"I had a lot to think about. And unlike the original novel, I decided to change the setting from the Joseon Kingdom to a fictional country, as I developed the fantasy part of the series," he said. "I took the lead characters' name from the original work, but the places and other names were all fictional. I tried hard to refrain from distorting history (by doing this)."

Ahn plays an officer of the astronomical department of the palace, who lost his eyesight and his family in a mysterious accident when he was young. He does not realize that a demon has been trapped in his body since the accident, until the dormant demon wakes up one day. 

The actor explained that taking on the role was a challenge for him. "I've always wanted to work with director Jang, and I've been a fan of Jung Eun-gwol as well. But I thought this piece would be a challenge because the character doesn't have eyesight, and there are a lot of fantasy elements," he said. "There was a lot of pressure on me and I was worried about whether or not I could do it, but I realized that I could."

http://www.bbangyanews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=5305
EXO's Baekhyun will be the first runner of 'Lovers of the Red Sky' OST

By Reporter Khaing | 2021.08.27 20:27

• [BBANGYA NEWS | Reporter Khaing] EXO member Baekhyun will be the first runner of the "Lovers of the Red Sky" OST.

spacer.png

On the 27th, "Lovers of the Red Sky" posted a teaser video announcing Baekhyun's participation in OST on various SBS official YouTube channels such as "SBS NOW" and "SbsCatch."

The video briefly shows Baek-hyun in the recording studio. Part of the song was also released through this.  

"Lovers of the Red Sky" is a fantasy romance about the story of Lovers  ‘Hong Cheonki | Red Sky’ (Kim Yoo-jung), a female painter with divine power, and Haram (Ahn Hyo-seop), a man with red eyes who reads the constellation of the sky.

The drama's first OST, "Is It Me," sung by Baekhyun will be released on various music sites at noon on the 31st.

Baekhyun has been serving as a social worker since May. It is heard that the OST work was carried out before starting an alternative service.

• Like 4

KDramaCommenter’s translated character relationship chart, using available information from SBS. [Credit: kdramacommenter ]

spacer.png

[English Subbed] 4-minute Highlights

[English Subbed] Poster Making 

[English Subbed] BTS of first shooting

Spoiler

——

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485986wpp/ahn-hyo-seop-lives-a-secret-double-life-in-lovers-of-the-red-sky

Ahn Hyo Seop Lives A Secret Double Life In “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

by C. Hong | Aug 28, 2021

Spoiler

spacer.png

SBS has released new stills of Ahn Hyo Seop in the upcoming drama “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

Based on a novel, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era. Kim Yoo Jung stars as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regained her sight. Ahn Hyo Seop stars as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

The new stills show Ha Ram living an intriguing double life. He is already a striking figure in the palace with his red-tinted eyes, which occurred when he was caught up in a mysterious incident as a child and lost his sense of sight.

On one hand, Ha Ram is an official in the Seomungwan, a government organization in charge of astronomy, geography, calendar, almanac, weather forecasting, and more. In the palace, he is a favored official who has the confidence of the king. Although he cannot see what’s in front of him, he has an uncanny ability to read the stars. Although he has an upright attitude and elegant looks, some people are afraid of his red-tinted eyes.

But Ha Ram is also leading a double life as Il Wol Sung, the head of the intelligence organization Wol Sung Dang. As Il Wol Sung, he wears a mask to hide his identity. The reason that he took on the identity of Il Wol Sung is also related to how he got red-tinted eyes.

Spoiler

spacer.png

The production staff stated, “Please look forward to the multi-faceted Ha Ram, whom Ahn Hyo Seop has brought to life with his passion and hard work.”

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Source (1)

• Like 4

Kim Yoo-jung plays kingdom's only female royal painter in new series, 'Red Sky'

optimize

Actors Ahn Hyo-seop, left, and Kim Yoo-jung pose during an online press conference for SBS's upcoming series, "Red Sky," Thursday. Courtesy of SBS

By Lee Gyu-lee

Actress Kim Yoo-jung will star in a period series for the first time in five years ― SBS's upcoming drama, "Red Sky" ― after she played the lead in the 2016 hit period romance series "Love In The Moonlight."

Based on a bestselling novel of the same name by Jung Eun-gwol, the writer behind the original novels for the TV dramas "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" and "Moon Embracing the Sun," the new fantasy series follows a romance between two royal officers.

Hong Cheon-ki (Kim), whose name in classical Chinese characters translates to "red sky," is a genius painter who becomes the first woman to work at the Korean Royal Academy of Painting. One day, she runs into a blind man, Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo-seop), who is an officer at a royal unit in charge of astronomy, geography and meteorology, and finds herself instantly attracted.

The actress revealed that she has been a fan of the original novel, which led her to take the title role in the series.

"I've read the book in the past and really enjoyed it, which influenced me to decide to take the role. The elements of the character were appealing to me," she said during an online press conference for the series, Thursday. "Cheon-ki is a bold, high-spirited person. She defies all the odds against her in her own way and becomes the Joseon Kingdom's only female royal painter."

Kim shared her difficulties in working on a period series and make it appealing to the audience.

"I tried not to put myself in any boxes, although I also tried to maintain the nuances of the specific historical period in my acting. Factoring in historical elements put limitations in certain gestures and aspects of language," she said. "So I tried to put focus on how I can make my role convincing and express it in a way so that people, living in modern times, can understand it."

optimize

A scene from "Red Sky" / Courtesy of SBS

The series is directed by star director Jang Tae-yoo, who directed the hit series, "My Love From the Star," "Deep Rooted Tree" and "Painter of the Wind."

The director said that his latest series will be a combination of his previous works.

"Red Sky is a fantasy period series that centers on romance," he said. "It has the melodrama and fantasy of My Love From the Star, the political tension of Deep Rooted Tree, and the artistic beauty of 'Painter of the Wind.'"

Noting the network's previous fantasy period series "Joseon Exorcist," which was canceled after two episodes in March, after facing a backlash for featuring Chinese-style costumes, hairstyles and food props, the director expressed that he was being extra cautious with mixing fantasy with period drama styles.

"I had a lot to think about. And unlike the original novel, I decided to change the setting from the Joseon Kingdom to a fictional country, as I developed the fantasy part of the series," he said. "I took the lead characters' name from the original work, but the places and other names were all fictional. I tried hard to refrain from distorting history (by doing this)."

Ahn plays an officer of the astronomical department of the palace, who lost his eyesight and his family in a mysterious accident when he was young. He does not realize that a demon has been trapped in his body since the accident, until the dormant demon wakes up one day.

The actor explained that taking on the role was a challenge for him. "I've always wanted to work with director Jang, and I've been a fan of Jung Eun-gwol as well. But I thought this piece would be a challenge because the character doesn't have eyesight, and there are a lot of fantasy elements," he said. "There was a lot of pressure on me and I was worried about whether or not I could do it, but I realized that I could."

Lee Gyu-lee
gyulee@koreatimes.co.kr

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=314620

• Like 6