[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

Ugh...I am so frustrating with this week episodes...

Expecting lovey dovey scenes because I am tired with  Mawang....mawang..mawang :dead:

but instead We got 2 poor people dying unnecessary...

Poor CG's father wo barely regained his consciousness on his last 19 years life.

Poor Moo Young who scarified his life.

Ha Ram and Chun Gi wanted to protect each other but They just made things messier and sacrificed  other people. At this point, their love become meaningless.

14 hours ago, reddragon said:

I am still watching Ep 14, but I was angry at Cheon Gi who tells almost everyone every thing. She told her two friends about what's happening. It's a good thing that they remained close lipped about why she needs to paint the late king's portrait. But for goodness' sake, she knew the evil shaman works for Prince Yuhyang, yet she tells her that Ha Ram will be protected because he has the ring - the ring that she was told by Ha Ram seems to have divine powers, which Prince Yuhyang was looking for? Well, anyway, I guess her she's got a one-track mind and was not taught to hold her tongue when necessary. Her strongest feature is her ability to draw, but she lacked basic education, so she's slightly crass. She doesn't always follow instructions, causes disaster and got reprieve by saying she's sorry, although she never learn.

I am agree with @reddragon. ChunGi is so annoying. I can't not even count how many times YangMyung advised her to not meet HaRam first when completing the portrait for her own sake or not come to the ritual ceremony but as always.. She would not listen. She rushed to the jail at any cost & got her and his besties imprisoned.  She rushed to the ceremony and almost killed. When She got news about her father, She rushed by her self to the market and getting into the trap. At the end of ep 14, here She goes again...even though Haram already calmed her and promised to go save those baekyu painters. 

One thing annoys me..what's actually one thing they missed to seal Mawang? Based on conversation between Samshin and Ho Ryeong on the roof, it's just a wrong day to hold the ceremony but on preview ep 15, Hwacha comes to offer a deal to  Chun Gi :cry:. Does dealing with Hwacha is really the secret? If it's the case, I think Sam shin will be just too cruel. How can She protects both of them all these times just to make CG becomes crazy as the end game.

CMIIW...The old man in the jail turns out to be the deity of balance. He said to Haram that the ring is made from what's left from the deity of balance and on ep 14, We saw his soul came out from the ring to cure the King. 

Anyway...Ho Ryeong seems to not be able  to hold herself to not save our couple :sparklyeyes:

I don't know why Sam Shin was startled when HoRyeong saved the couple. I mean all this time, they have already saved them from time to time. this is a bit inconsistent. 

Dang...it turns out that HaRam is indeed the one who killed his father when possessed. How guilty He will feel when He realized this later.  All this 19 years revenge towards the current King and family seems meaningless. 

• Like 3

Watching 40min of ep14.. like..  lazy writing of the writer of the drama.. like they didnt know its was a trap with Chong Gi father and the ill devised rescue plan which lead to the death of  his loyal bodyguard!  What a useless plot!

Urgh!... 

On thr other hand, im still amazed thst the bodyguard is the guy who acted as Mina's husband in One The Woman!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I thought things were going to take another way.. at least in the last episodes but now is even more dissapointing. For people who had read the novel this show has almost nothing to do with the story. Now I don't even know what to expect everything is messy...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wow Mu Yeong and Cheon Gi’s father died in episode 14 :brokenheart:

I thought Ha Ram would know it’s a trap and have something planned to get out of there safe…Sigh…

I do feel like the writing has gotten a bit sloppy? The drama has been strong in ratings though, surprisingly in Korea. Let’s hope that the drama will wrap everything up smoothly in episode 15 and 16!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, ferily said:

I do feel like the writing has gotten a bit sloppy? 

Yes IT HAS.

EP 13-14 ANGRY REVIEW  AHEAD!!!

Lovers of the red sky Please rename yourself to Evils of the red sky instead!!! Makes no head or tail. CG is so rebel she placed everyone in her life in danger due to Her curiosity, HR is SELFISH Agreed, but who suffers the most? YUL! Practically has to kill himself to safe everyone. The only thankful thing I found is Grand Prince is Dumb and Yul is wise , which ends up salvaging something.

King is still Alive Thank Goodness. Also why Mawang was not sealable ,

A> Somewhere down the line to save ONLY CG , HR has become selfish and Evil where he is not even able to see why Yul was reasoning with him.

B> Mawang was his WHOLE Self when he was sealed last time, His Eyes are missing , unless those are combined with MAWANG he cannot be Sealed. No device can work unless you have the ENTIRE Devil available.

Plot Hole --->> Where is the Weird Hat Painter? Who was alloted near CG to stalk on her?

----->>If looking into Devil's eyes makes you mad, then why every single person near CG is Normal?

------>>How did Grand Price had authority over Yul ? To get him exiled?? Is minister Power or orders are not required in these matters?

------>> Where is Hwacha?

------>> Why is this Particular RED MOON D DAY to Seal MAwang?

------>> WHY WAS A 5 MIN SCENE REUIRED TO commoreate a Guy who had 7 Minutes of TOTAL Screenspace in 14 episodes? 

PLOT is playing Merry GO ROUND....ROUND ROUND ROUND ROUND...They started Brilliantly but now I don't care HR and his revenge because while playing chinese checkers he Lost plot.

Yul is so Sacrificial Lamb tendency, I MEAN TAKE THE CROWN PRINCE TAG AND Have authority to work on Stuff. DUDE!!

CG >> Never Learnt to Listen, I mean,...Yes Your Sunbaenim is the Word of Stone, LADY REALLLY?????ARghhhh

THE TRUE IMMOrtal in this show is The Evil Shaman, no matter how many times she is attacked by Hwacha or Ma wang, her divine powers never vanish nor does she become any weaker. WONDERFUL, Just make Her the Empress and End the whole Debacle I feel.

• LOL 5

@madmad min Couldn't agree more on what you've said.  It's a little boring to watch CG and HR in the last two episodes.  Yul has been consistent all along and he seems to be the only sensible one.  LOL at Shaman Mi-soo's ability to keep her power after double attacks by Hwacha and Mawang.

@realistic2280a yea, sadly Moo Young and CG's dad was killed in Prince JooHyang's trap

Seems Mae Hyang has a loving feeling towards HR.. not?

Hope the emperor arrives on-time to stop JooHyang executing the innocent Baekyu painter society members.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, yanki222 said:

@realistic2280a yea, sadly Moo Young and CG's dad was killed in Prince JooHyang's trap

Seems Mae Hyang has a loving feeling towards HR.. not?

Hope the emperor arrives on-time to stop JooHyang executing the innocent Baekyu painter society members.

Yes lazy writing by thw writer... like veteran drama watchers like us would know that such plot is too weak... and HR being Mr Know It  all.. Wolsang-something, should know its a trap... and him being the blind man yet can see in darkness are also a problem to viewers... sigh.. 

• Like 2

It's really a pity that this drama went downhill after starting off quite strong in terms of story and presentation. But lately, it's so boring, seeing Cheon Gi not following orders but her own, and endangering the lives (and in fact caused the loss of lives) of many people. She and Ha Ram want two protect one another but they are not working in sync because one doesn't want to listen and thinks her way is the best. She doesn't think about the consequences. All she does is to charge head on as she's impatient.

From the earlier CGI, i thought Ma Wang has four eyes and lost two, which became Cheong Gi's eyes. But in the latter CGI, it was shown that he had four eyes, so that his total eyes would be six. In the narration, it was mentioned that his eyes was the source of his power.

Mi Soo is so greedy for power and her greed also feeds the greed of Prince Juhyang, who thinks that he can only rule Joseon if he's got Ma Wang in him. Which means that he doesn't really have what it takes to be a king in the real sense of the word.  And yes, Mi Soo's become a superstar in her little shaman world because she was not totally harmed by the power of Hwacha and Ma Wang. But of course we know that she'll have a drastic demise soon. On the other hand, the good shaman lost her power when struck by Ma Wang.

I agree with all the chingus that mentioned lazy and poor writing. After being accepted in the drawing circle, the artist with a hat seemed to have disappeared. On the other hand, Hwacha said that he is not going to let anyone draw the king's portrait, so how come Cheon Gi was able to draw it without anything happening. Of course the wrong date for the sealing ceremony ruined everything.

Everywhere else, viewers are complaining that Ha Ram or at least the actor stopped playing the role of a blind man, talking with people at eye level, and navigating places during the day and at night easily like a person with very good eyesight. Is he doing echo location?

Did they kill off Moo Yung because he's needed more at One the Woman?

And why show a jealous Mae Yang at this stage? Will she add to the confusion and betrayal at this late stage?

Staying on to watch for closure and to know where Ma Wang will sealed forever.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Apreciate all the actors works, and what a visual couple KYJ and AHS, start with a strong plot and story but dragging till the end of it. Annoyed with the writer and director too. Took 20 years for the king to told the truth to Haram with such a lame reason. Sighhh.... What a waste of so many talents.... 

• Like 2

Well.. just saw ep15... 

The story got weird ... sigh..

1. Ha ram can roam the forest easily without a guide...

2. Grandfather suddenly appeared in his dream and asked him to break the ring. Why bother stay in prison with Ha ram in the first place...sigh... writers of the drama just got clueless on the plot...

3. Hwacha suddenly came to make deal... and yes,  it wasnt him that make people/artist go insane!

4. The nice man just wants a picture! :lol:

5. Prince joonhyung, still in prison, he should have been exiled earlier.

6. And that traitor woman can just walk in prison just like that..  hmmm...  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

58 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

1. Ha ram can roam the forest easily without a guide...

6. And that traitor woman can just walk in prison just like that..  hmmm...  

These.. just make me LOL.. so true!

Mae Hyang can just walk into the prison as if it's a 21st century cell visit.

Although blind, Ha Ram knows exactly where CG's head is so he can just reach out to stroke her hair.  Likewise, he knows exactly where he placed the ring for him to break it and then navigate back to the palace. *thumbs-up*

:sweats:

As for Prince Joonhyung, I guess the writer still wants to give him some more show time instead of shipping him away, thus she wrote the collab with MaeHyang.

4 hours ago, yanki222 said:

These.. just make me LOL.. so true!

Mae Hyang can just walk into the prison as if it's a 21st century cell visit.

Although blind, Ha Ram knows exactly where CG's head is so he can just reach out to stroke her hair.  Likewise, he knows exactly where he placed the ring for him to break it and then navigate back to the palace. *thumbs-up*

:sweats:

As for Prince Joonhyung, I guess the writer still wants to give him some more show time instead of shipping him away, thus she wrote the collab with MaeHyang.

Haha.. yes... i dont know...so much expectations for the show.. and it has come to this... its not the first drama that does this and it wouldnt be the last...

We will get a happy ending and that is all that matters... haha... Next drama!

• Like 1