zzH2sAd.jpg

Cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title:  请叫我总监 / Qing Jiao Wo Zong Jian
English title: Master of My Own

Genre: : Workplace, romance

Director: Yao Ting Ting

Assistant Director: Yang Tong Kun (杨同坤)
Screenwriter: Hu Fei Zi, Zhong Ning, Chen Shu Ling (陈澍玲), Zhou You (周游)
Producer: Huang Lan, Xie Ying

Episodes: 32

Broadcast Date: April 29 - May 18, 2022

Network: Youku, DragonTV

Note:  Adapted from a novel of the same name by Hong Jiu (红九)

Cast:

Lin Geng Xin as Lu Jiming
Tan Song Yun as Ning Meng
Liu Chang as Su Weiran
Su Xin as Zeng Yuhang
Wang Xiu Zhu as Xu Sitian
Liu En Jia as You Qi
Qu Gao Wei
Wang Li Na as Yang Xiaoyang
Chang Hai Bo
Yuan Man
Peng Gao Chang
Zhang Lei
Bai Bing as Han Yimeng
Gong Bei Bi as Shi Ying

Synopsis:

A story about one subduing the other follows the "T-Rex" boss and his "animal trainer." Ning Meng has always dreamed of moving up the corporate ladder to become a director, but her boss doesn't think that she has what it takes to succeed in the investing world.

Ning Meng  seems to keep veering further away from her dream ever since her graduation. Her boss, Lu Ji Ming, has long proven his strong business capabilities in investments as the president of a company. Lu Ji Ming doesn't believe that Ning Meng can become a qualified investor. One day, Ning Meng makes up her mind to leave Lu Ji Ming once and for all to show him and herself that she can succeed on her own. Ning Meng goes job hunting and after many setbacks, she finds employment at Eagle Stone Investment to start anew.

Cr dramawiki| MDL

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Master Of My Own 请叫我总监
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

BTS, a promising story, with Seven Tan and Kenny Lin, this can't go wrong, can it??

I should confess when I saw the casting list I became a bit  concerned if  they are able to "click" and look as a couple. But this video is soo cool, I'm stunned). High hopes for this one now, also bcs Kenny is usually very cautious when choosing projects (just like his best buddy Mark Chao, hehe). Looking forward for Kenny and Seven to rock))). 

• Wiggle 2

@leo2020 I think Seven Tan has this innate ability to make her co-stars feel comfortable, so the OTP should be fine. I don't know much about Kenny, beyond Princess Agents but I can definitely vouch for Seven. I can't wait too for this to air!!

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Master Of My Own 请叫我总监, premiering April 26, starring Kenny Lin and Seven Tan
9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yay, I'd certainly watch this! But puh-leazzzz Youku, sub it!

:sad1:

:partyblob: Erh, there's a way to watch without subs but frankly it takes effort and you won't always get a correct translation, and it certainly helps if you have some basic understanding so you don't have to rely 100% on these AI translations. I place my phone on a holder and turn on google translate with the camera function on. Then I ensure the phone is at a height where it can read the Chinese subtitles. LOL  Desperate times call for desperate measures!

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

:partyblob: Erh, there's a way to watch without subs but frankly it takes effort and you won't always get a correct translation, and it certainly helps if you have some basic understanding so you don't have to rely 100% on these AI translations. I place my phone on a holder and turn on google translate with the camera function on. Then I ensure the phone is at a height where it can read the Chinese subtitles. LOL  Desperate times call for desperate measures!

That's dedication! :D

I understand around a third of spoken Mandarin, so I can somewhat follow while watching closely the body language and expressions of the actors. The subs confirm if I got it right. :lol:

I like both the leads, and Kenny was also the ML of the first Cdrama I've watched after a very long hiatus of not seeing anything else other than news. 

• LOL 2

@MayanEcho I heard about the craze fans had with

Spoiler

Princess Agents - is that what you were referring to? Because of that, I checked it out - too much of stone-face emotes. LOL

I know he was in Bargain Queen and To Love but I heard the script of the former wasn't that great? Don't know anything about the latter.

I re-watched the trailer for MOMO, and it looks absolutely fun! Seven Tan has always had that cutesy look so this will work well for her (which was why when she acted in TS&TB, I respected her acting skills so much as it called for a different persona) and KL as the stone-faced boss, his looks will augur well for him too in that role. 

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I heard about the craze fans had with

Ahahaha, yeah, that one. Lots of pretty boys in that drama, LOL! 

Spoiler

But I'm more impressed with Princess Chun'er. ;)

Uh, FL's hair hues were too distracting for me. She did well, but I sorta think her HMUA for the drama failed.

I didn't see his other dramas cos for some reason I didn't find the themes interesting. I've seen him though in a movie with Mark Chao.

• LOL 1

There's a kiss we can look forward to!!!! You can catch it right as the OST ends (uploaded into the first post).

2 days and counting down...

This has English subs, prolly by AI...

First 3 episodes trailer - wow Youku is really marketing this drama for what it's worth

Edited by SC2019
video added on (with subs)
  • Love 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Master Of My Own 请叫我总监, premiering April 26 1800 hours, starring Kenny Lin and Seven Tan

005-TR3j-Lly1h1n9cdt1r3j60u01hcaki02.jpg

Oh no! It has been pushed back to the 29th.

And the kiss... lol... they used it to soften the blow of having to push back. :please:

On 4/24/2022 at 1:30 AM, SC2019 said:

There's a kiss we can look forward to!!!! You can catch it right as the OST ends

001-T7-X3-Lgy1h1h6mo74ytj648w6dce8802.jpg

CUTE CP! :cheers:

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Master Of My Own 请叫我总监, premiering April 29, starring Kenny Lin and Seven Tan

For those who miss Seven Tan and her Da Ren (from UTP), read an update on a rumoured upcoming costume drama!

UPDATE: Airing schedule

Credit: Youku

Capturedfd06289f5827197.jpg

Edited by SC2019
updated with Airing Schedule

Joining  ..ep 2 /32 watched raw ..waiting for subs for more enjoyment ( lol and to actually know if I am on the right track here)  . I like both ML and FL so looking forward to their journey .  I think , based on what I saw,  our ML took FL for granted and I am so glad that she is not taking it lying down . You go Girl . 

• Love 1