Qi Pei Xin
Li Bo Yang
Bai Shu
Yao Qian Yu
Wang Dong
Lin Yi Ting
Wang Wan Juan

Synopsis:

Everyone thought that fate played an unbelievable joke - the foul-mouthed woman from the village who can beat a brawny man with her bare hands has become queen! She will be the one to help her "weak chicken" husband in a story full of laughter and warmth. Liu Jin Feng was abandoned by her own father. Growing up in a small alley, she and her mother only had each other to depend on. The entire court laughed when she married into the imperial family. Even her husband, the King , was suspicious of her and repeatedly tried to test her loyalties. Duke Qi has been manipulating government affairs, the young king has always had lofty ideals for the future of his kingdom. Jin Feng's chubby appearance is unlike the fair and slender maidens in the inner court. With her around, life in the palace has become less boring and more chaotic. As the newly weds get to know each other, the most "mismatched" king and queen become the most perfect couple.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• 2 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Legendary Life Of Queen Lau 皇后刘黑胖
  • 5 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Legendary Life Of Queen Lau 皇后刘黑胖 premieres June 24, starring Jackie Li & Li Hong Yi

@leo2020 oh well, perhaps it would be for the better for Immortal Samsara to wait for part 2 to pass first before releasing it. For future fans of the drama, they won't agonise waiting. :)

I'm gonna see Legendary Life of Queen Lau because first, it's not always that an FL is as charmingly appealing (for me anyway, hahaha!) as Jackie Li. Second, I really really like her smile. :P Third, the costumes, hehehe! Fourth, lots of pretty boys! :lol:

I'm a fan of romcoms and would watch this type over other sort of genres. 

• Like 2

It premiered yesterday.  10 eps came out.  I only managed to see 2.  The Fun is starting.

It is good to watch a Light Comedy sometimes.  Especially when we have all gone through some tough times these past few years: the Epidemic and so forth.

Hope to see more of you all coming onboard this thread soon.

:cheers:

I just watched Eps 3 & 4.  Ep 4 is the Funniest so far.  It had me LOL so many times.  

:loolz:

• LOL 1

New OST MV 

@hush puppy I just started seeing the first two eps uploaded in YT. Youku is so accommodating with the multi-lingo subs for this drama. 

22 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I just watched Eps 3 & 4.  Ep 4 is the Funniest so far.  It had me LOL so many times. 

I can't wait to get into this ep :lol:

• LOL 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] The Legendary Life Of Queen Lau 皇后刘黑胖 premiered June 24, starring Jackie Li & Li Hong Yi

I was very surprised that funds was invested to film such a drama.

Had the impression that the China audience appetite have shifted over the years to be all about beautiful lead actor actress , not something like this with closer to real life average people physique and looks.

在这时代讲的都是颜值,敢拍这部剧不怕翻船,大胆 :astonished: 辣了我的双目

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hush puppy said:

When I see the Male Lead,  quite a no of times, I saw Song Wei Long instead. No offence meant

They're look alikes, hahaha! They can certainly play siblings. Who else are sorta doppelganger? I think Yang Yang and Xing Zhao Lin are also very similar in looks.

LMAO, Ep 4 is a riot, hahaha! 

I enjoy watching this drama, one ep daily, because even if it's about life within the imperial family and court, it's not the usual catfights of concubines and consorts, or rivalries among brothers. Rather, it's between Emperor and his FIL. :lol:

• Like 1

Ep 14 word of the day: "examinophobia"

Scorpion Grand Chancellor was such a meanie to young Emperor. I'd certainly like to see where the story goes, why would he actually be so much trusted by the late Emperor father of Yuanzhang.