[Drama 2022] Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡

SC2019

1 hour ago, qynn said:

That alone makes me think it's another dream sequence,

LOL... we have forgotten the dream sequence card... so, all the three wedding scenes could be just someone's imagination.

1. PSH and Ami - is the imagination of Ami. She finally met SW's husband and fell in love with his handsome face and caring attitude and devotion towards SW and baby. So much better than oppa Yushin who hardly smiles at her nor pamper her now. So she imagined being married to PSH.

2. Seo Ban and SW - is the imagination of BHR when she saw them accidentally during one of their Chinese lesson meet-ups. She saw Seo Ban smiling so much when with SW. BHR was aghast and imagined the two of them being married. 

3. SPY and SDM - could be the imagination of so many people... SPY when she found out SB has a younger handsome brother; SYS when he learned Seo Ban has a younger handsome brother; Seo Ban worrying when SDM expressed a little more interest in SPY after the golf course meeting. 

So none of these wedding previews/teasers/appetisers may actually happen in Season 3... LOL, and we're truly being led with carrots on stick again by the writer. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

I think you are 100% right that none of those things will actually happen as "real" versus "fantasy" sequences.

I need A Mi to get her comeuppance as her cutesy act was really grating on me. If there is any justice in the world, she will trick Dr. Smoothie into marrying her by faking a pregnancy. She will continue to make his life miserable by continuing to do battle with Stepmom if stepmom survived her "strangling by Ji A". 

The problem with this writer is that she seems allergic to making anything that sits in the middle ground: it's either long, boring, point-by-point, mundane conversations going over things that have been gone over 100 times or it's fantasy sequences that don't necessarily have any connection to the rest of the stories. And then, worst of all, not actually resolving anything at all. She doesn't seem to write by real-world logic, like that demonstrated by a lot of posts in this forum, where we discuss things that might actually happen in the real world because we're not lunatics. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

So none of these wedding previews/teasers/appetisers may actually happen in Season 3... LOL, and we're truly being led with carrots on stick again by the writer. 

Chingu, I trust our makjang queen #1 on this forum. That is of course @Lmangla :partyblob:

@Lmangla sweetie knows EVERYTHING about makjang dramas and is also familiar with this drama writer. She has watched and dropped dramas the rest of us have never heard of....

She knows every kimchi slap, every birth secret....

Aaand she finds them hilarious!

She also agrees with me. All 3 weddings are fiction / someone's imagination. :glasses:

The writer is just trying to fool us.

:loolz:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

The 3 weird married couples….

Let me see… they all probably held their wedding at same place, same day and all the groom were drunk and walk into the wrong hall…

1. PSH is suppose to go into Wedding Hall A where his bride SW is waiting, but he wrongly walks into Wedding Hall B, where bride A Mi is anxiously waiting for YS. YS doesn’t turn up because he is busy trying to stop his ex PY from marrying another man.

2. SB is supposed to enter Wedding Hall C where his bride PY is waiting for him, but YS tricks him going into Wedding Hall A, where bride SW is waiting for groom PSH. SW is abt same age & built as PY plus she wears too many layers of veil, so SB can’t see her face properly.

3. DM is supposed to be SB’s best man & is waiting in Wedding Hall C but the groom never turn up, so to save PY from humiliation, he replaces his brother & marries bride PY instead…

Voila! There you go…how the 3 mismatch couples end up together 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Blob 1

I am currently watching "Revolutionary Sisters," (writer Moon Yeong-Nam) so this was an interesting read.

Apparently Moon Yeong-Nam and Im Seong-Han are considered the two top makjang writers, so they are often compared to each other. (Maybe this is common knowledge, but I didn't know this. I have also never seen any Im Seong-Han dramas before this one.)

https://namu.wiki/w/임성한 vs 문영남

*Translation from Korean*

Im Seong-Han vs. Moon Yeong-Nam

2.2. The Two Top Writers of Makjang

If Moon Yeong-Nam is consistently conventional and writes "cancerous" makjang dramas that make you curse as you watch them, Im Seong-Han can be said to write just plain weird dramas.

In Moon Yeong-Nam's works, adultery, divorce, conflicts between MIL & DIL, violence, financial ruin, birth secrets, and other conventional and realistic "cancerous" elements are always included. But when even one of these problems would be a huge headache for any family, she throws in multiple problems and her "human trash" characters have to deal with them endlessly. The "aggro" that results from these trash characters and how they are all connected is very intense and most normal viewers become extremely stressed out with rising blood pressure. It's so bad that viewers habitually say "I'm so upset I might get cancer!" Yet they still continue to watch. However, while these storylines are provocative and stressful, you can find plenty examples of these elements in other dramas and also real life, so viewers can reliably look forward to feel-good moments. The reason her dramas are makjang is because there are 4 to 5 problems simultaneously.

In contrast, if you try to predict Im Seong-Han's works, you will be "stabbed in the back" with developments that defy your imagination. You will know this if you look at a list of her work, but she always writes stories that are exceptions to precedent. Whatever the viewer imagines, she shows you something beyond it and causes the viewer to fall into a "mental breakdown" state in one blow. Fortunately, there is no need to become upset while watching, and the reason is that there are no good characters or bad characters, because everyone is trash. And if the characters get angry, they start brawling each other. Dumping water and slapping are basic. In "Miss Mermaid," (two characters) tore each other's hair out and tackled each other, and this scene required 8 pages of the script. In "Princess Aurora," there was two-way slapping and even a slap-kick, and the "bad girl" threw water and food at the lead character's face. In "Apgujeong Midnight Sun," a character pulled the lead's hair and pinched her thighs in a swimming pool. Of course, the lead got some good punches and threw water on her too!

Due to these differences, while watching Moon Yeong-Nam's works, the viewer curses the trash characters. While watching Im Seong-Han's works, the viewer curses the writer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

22 hours ago, partyon said:

Chingu, I trust our makjang queen #1 on this forum. That is of course @Lmangla :partyblob:

@Lmangla sweetie knows EVERYTHING about makjang dramas and is also familiar with this drama writer. She has watched and dropped dramas the rest of us have never heard of....

She also agrees with me. All 3 weddings are fiction / someone's imagination. :glasses:

The writer is just trying to fool us.

Yes, I have the same thinking too. The weddings most probably someone's dream sequence just like in season 1 & season 2. Instead to believe it, I rather saving my heart and mind from another "betrayal" (LOL!) & will take it was someone's dream sequence.

The writer-nim didn't care even people cursed or demanded her to stop at 2nd season.... she just won't stop! Give her a break will yaaa, after all she had her hiatus around 5 years right? 

p/s : I have a guts that she already prepared this drama script up to 3 or 4 seasons.  But if she really stop at 3rd season, it will be a new her & it's miracle too! :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Another Korean Youtuber translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1JVfshy1JQ&ab_channel=아나여우ANN-FOX

This is from ANN-FOX. The title is "Yu-Shin was just practice. Dong-Ma is the main game."

Right after the show, she made a video which I translated in full. (here) She said none of these couples will get married except for maybe Song Won and Seo Ban.

But after some recharging (insert pic of topless Dong-Ma :w00t:), she regained her senses and decided that these weddings could happen. 12-16 episodes of Season 3 could explain how these couples got together. Also, "it's Phoebe after all."

She did complain that these couples were only switching partners with each other.

"Are there really no other men and women? Is the population of Seoul only 20 people? Is this the sitcom 'Friends?'"

1. Sa-Hyeon + Ami

Both are in love with much older people. So it doesn't last.

Majority of her commenters predicted that the baby would die. ("You guys are scary.") Sa-Hyeon and Song Won break up as a result.

Ami gets Yu-Shin to marry her, but realizes that he doesn't love her. She seeks divorce.

Her father (Dr. Jo) introduces her to the hottest divorce lawyer in town, Sa-Hyeon.

2. Seo Ban + Song Won

This is the most plausible but her least favorite.

In S2, when Seo Ban met with Song Won, he was wearing a tie that matched her dress. A couple look.

So they end up together. But she does not understand what anyone sees in Song Won. She is a husband-stealing vixen!

3. Pi-Yeong + Dong-Ma

Dong-Ma is better than Ban in terms of looks and youth. The problem is his personality.

But Pi-Yeong will be the smart and tough noona who disciplines him!

"So go for it, Pi-Yeong. After all, men are men." :lol:

4. Ga-Bin

She thinks Hae-Ryun committed suicide. Due to guilt, Ga-Bin will not go to Dong-Ma.

The dream that Si-Eun had of Hae-Ryun holding a baby - Hae-Ryun and Song Won's baby died at the same time, so he is carrying the baby to the afterlife. (Ooh... creepy...)

--

She says this drama is like pesticide - toxic but addictive. (Pesticide is addictive?) She kind of regrets starting to watch it at all, but no one watches this drama expecting it to make sense. We all watch because real life is exhausting.

Her final advice for everyone is to "let go of all reason and common sense. If you do, this drama can be fun."

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

13 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Her final advice for everyone is to "let go of all reason and common sense. If you do, this drama can be fun."

I am so agreeeeee with this part. This is just a drama, a D.R.A.M.A. :D Even sometimes I accidentally took it seriously, but then I reversed back & will think, this is just a Phoebe freakennnnn drama.

Once a Phoebe freakennnnn drama, it will be a Phoebe freakennnnn drama. 

It's not real and don't make it real.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Chingu, I trust our makjang queen #1 on this forum. That is of course @Lmangla 

The writer is just trying to fool us

hahahahhaha.... people think this drama is infuriating but if you watch a lot of daily/weekend dramas, you won't even bat an eyelid. trust me, I just watched ep 1 of "second husband" (off to a great start, the revenge should be awesome). so hubby is having a fling while his wife is giving birth to their son in hospital. talk about ridiculous timing!

so yea, this drama is not meant to be slice of life at all and neither is this drama an exposition of society problems. evidence: ghost grandpa taking clothes off in swimming pool. :lol: this is more like a parody about relationships with all sorts of random nonsense thrown in.  so the entire wedding will be shown as someone's imagination and is the idea of a writer's joke. for the next few months till the season 3 airs, the writer is probably having a laugh reading through viewer comments. :D 

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

have been really enjoying your translations of YT reviews. they are so amusing. this drama is funny if you don't take it seriously. I was amused at the 40s actor's goodbye note -- how he tried so hard to make sense of the dialogue and put his best foot forward. LOL. :joy: yea, even he knows that no one in the real world will sprout such lines. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Her father (Dr. Jo) introduces her to the hottest divorce lawyer in town, Sa-Hyeon.

:blink::blink:

Anyway, the possibility of SPY+SDM intrigues me the most. I doubt they are endgame, though. But I would still love to some flirty interaction between them, at least. I rewatched the golf scene when they met the first time, but SDM was waaaaay too timid and polite, almost like he was introduced to an elderly, though the camera did linger on SDM unnecessarily unless it was done to register interest.

I find SB+SW boring. On their own, SB is probably the "mysterious" male character in the group, but he is just flat. He only became interesting in scenes with SDM and the 3 ladies. SW seems like the writer's favourite character. Despite being pregnant with a married man's baby, she is always portrayed as angelic, meek and with the best character. She is like the LSE among the mistresses. So boring plus boring makes boring x2. Considering neither are the main leads, I hope S3 doesn't focus too much on them.

As boring as SB is, he is probably still the best character to bring LSE out of her shell. They have a good work relationship and he seems to regard her with mutual respect too. As of now, SB is probably the only adult male that LSE is comfortable enough with. So make him the bridge to bring LSE into the dating scene. You how interesting/ ironic it would if actually LSE is the one who ends up with SDM? Although that is unlikely - chaebol need s heir after all. We do not know yet what happened to PHR yet, but I hope he did not commit suicide - that is just stupid and cowardly, hurting his family again and again.

It is so weird that the finale doesn't project anything about LSE, BHR and we were left with NGB's story hanging like that. I also find viewers wish death to SW's baby disturbing. It's fine when people are making prediction, but those who wish death that's just a bit too much.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Outrageousness for outrageousness's sake is fine but it should be entertaining. [Penthouse is way too over the top for me mainly because I feel like at least one character should be likeable.] I literally skipped the last five eps of season 1 and jumped back in to season 2 at about ep 5 and didn't miss much of anything. It was more fun reading other people's takes here, honestly. Because of the boring parts of this, I thought there might be some logical ending but I don't think I realized we had one of loopiest loop-de-loop writers on board who would have no intention of giving us logic in the end. Or an end.

• Like 3

On 8/8/2021 at 2:42 PM, hsmz said:

4 woman in man's life is normal my dear friend... And mama's boy husband is so normal too. In my opinion, there's nothing to be surprise in this drama, just the ENDING was so unimaginable just like the article said :D... But drama is still a drama, the writer loves to write whatever she thinks in her mind and who are we to stop her...

And as much as I know her real life story, still, I'm not going to judge her. For sure she have her own reason why she did all that (do read her wiki ok).. We know her name, but we didn't know her real story.

Lol not when it is costing parents money at the rate he is going his parents will go bankrupt. Yes it’s just a drama and at my age I can take all kinds of them but when it comes to where they don’t make much since and don’t understand why they didn’t have the mistresses as the leads they got more time

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

here’s my theories for the ending sequences. Forgive me if I get the acronym wrong for the characters names.

The first one is a mislead. it is a real wedding, the one for PH and SW but ami is holding the veil for her and both of them are heading to the hospital/church for the wedding.

the second one is a dream, in particular BHRs nightmare . She knows both of them (but doesn’t know they know each other right) and it’s her trauma of the same woman taking another man she likes. This isn’t to say the pairing wouldn’t be interesting to watch if it were the case the wedding wasn’t a dream. Let’s be honest.

DM and PY really do end up getting married. If SB were to marry SE too, ahhh imagine they’d get to be sister in laws. PY is SW age too so she could end up getting preggo too.

overall, this show was a Richard Simmons poo show. Wild ride guys. 

• LOL 1
  • Blob 3

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hahahahhaha.... people think this drama is infuriating but if you watch a lot of daily/weekend dramas, you won't even bat an eyelid. trust me, I just watched ep 1 of "second husband" (off to a great start, the revenge should be awesome). so hubby is having a fling while his wife is giving birth to their son in hospital. talk about ridiculous timing!

so yea, this drama is not meant to be slice of life at all and neither is this drama an exposition of society problems. evidence: ghost grandpa taking clothes off in swimming pool. :lol: this is more like a parody about relationships with all sorts of random nonsense thrown in.  so the entire wedding will be shown as someone's imagination and is the idea of a writer's joke. for the next few months till the season 3 airs, the writer is probably having a laugh reading through viewer comments. :D 

have been really enjoying your translations of YT reviews. they are so amusing. this drama is funny if you don't take it seriously. I was amused at the 40s actor's goodbye note -- how he tried so hard to make sense of the dialogue and put his best foot forward. LOL. :joy: yea, even he knows that no one in the real world will sprout such lines. 

Fingers crossed that it doesn't be like the Man Behind the Veil or should we say a man who didn't even change his hairstyle to not look like Tae Poong

• LOL 2

3049ea1bb15642348a0b4f30cf3f686e.jpeg?s=

Lee Ga Ryung Talks About Working With Sung Hoon And Lee Min Young In “Love (Ft. Marriage And Divorce)”

Aug 11, 2021

by C. Hong

Lee Ga Ryung recently participated in an interview after the ending of the second season of her drama “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce).”

“Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)” is a TV Chosun drama about three women in their 30s, 40s, and 50s who experience unexpected shakeups in their marriages when they discover their husbands are having an affair. It is written by Im Sung Han (also known as Phoebe), who is known as a makjang drama writer (dramas with extreme plot twists).

Lee Ga Ryung played Boo Hye Ryung, the woman in her 30s, who is a former announcer and current radio DJ. She is married to Pan Sa Hyun (played by Sung Hoon). Boo Hye Ryung and Pan Sa Hyun had agreed to marriage under the condition that they would not have children, but this causes friction between the couple later on.

In the interview, Lee Ga Ryung said, “I was happy to live for a while as the smoky-eyed Boo Hye Ryung, who received both love and hatred. I feel regretful that we weren’t able to have a big wrap party because of COVID-19. It still doesn’t feel like it’s over.”

She added, “In the second season, I wanted people to see Hye Ryung’s heart, which she doesn’t show on the outside. She has no family in Korea and is standing all on her own, so she is tough and straightforward with other people in order to protect herself. She’s not someone who has no affection or love in her heart at all.”

The actress also spoke about working with Sung Hoon, who played her husband, and Lee Min Young, who played her husband’s lover. “There were lots of things I was experiencing on set for the first time, and he helped and took care of me so that I could act comfortably,” she said. “I’m very lucky to have met a co-star who was so considerate of me. Even though Hye Ryung and Song Won were enemies in the drama… We didn’t have any scenes together in the first season and there weren’t many chances to meet in the dressing rooms, but whenever we did see each other, it always felt welcome. I think it’s because Lee Min Young carries with her a comfortable and gentle aura. I was always waiting for the chance to act opposite of her. Even the scene in which we fought and grabbed each other’s hair was able to turn out well because of her.”

About Boo Hye Ryung’s signature smoky-eyed makeup, she said, “Thick makeup wears off over time, so we had to keep touching it up between takes. My eyelids got dry from the thick makeup and I experienced some allergies, and the long and heavy false eyelashes fatigued my eyes. But I also felt a sense of pressure about making the other actors wait because I had a longer makeup time than them. I worked hard to run between the makeup room and the set.”

She added, “References to the makeup come out once in a while in the drama. There’s one in a restaurant where a kid calls me a raccoon, and my mother-in-law asks if I can’t take off my eyelashes, and my husband says that thick makeup makes him uncomfortable. But my character doesn’t listen to anyone and says, ‘So what! I’m me!’ I think that the makeup represents her personality and her lifestyle. To take it off represents a big change of heart for her. It got to the point where I felt weird going around with no makeup on.”

The interviewer asked the actress what she would have done if she had found herself in a similar situation as her character. She replied, “If I got married to someone under the premise that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with them, as long as there wasn’t a child, I could have forgiven one affair. If I was in Hye Ryung’s situation, I also would have asked for the villa and the maintenance fees and the reduced taxes. It’s not like I can get recompense for emotional pain or the repercussions on the rest of my life. Money is good, but for Lee Ga Ryung, my heart is more important than assets. I would keep my heart safe!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483179wpp/lee-ga-ryung-talks-about-working-with-sung-hoon-and-lee-min-young-in-love-ft-marriage-and-divorce

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Do you know, long before he became a Grim Reaper and being kissed by Yoo In-na, the actress played Song Won already kissed him circa year 2004. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQqfzEOBey3/?utm_medium=copy_link

Name of the drama : Precious Family (KBS2)

p/s : I read the Wiki, she's a child actress and have painful past in her marriage life as well. She just acted as homewrecker in this drama, but she's not IRL. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483266wpp/tv-chosun-gives-brief-response-to-reports-of-love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-season-3-airing-in-2022

so a season 3 is sure, but not really the broadcast date, maybe in February 2022, so the actors have time to rest a little, by deduction if it happens in February 2022, they can start filming in December 2021

the article used the term multi season drama, so we can expect a season 4:rickroll:

• Like 2