[Drama 2022] Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡

SC2019

36 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

Last time I checked he was still in his fifties . Trash.

He lost his watch I think. Let me get him a new watch, no... a clock much better. A cuckooo cuckoooo clock & ask him to bring it anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

No, before he met SW they hadn't any major problems. Cheating is not only sex.

I agree that you don't need to have sex to cheat. There's emotional cheating too, of course. But honestly, that one is very much more blurry area, where does it start / end? It's much harder to pinpoint. 

In any case, I wouldn't be so sure to say that 30s couple didn't have major problems before 30s husband cheated, either when he hooked up with the mistress, or when he started to confide in her more and more and saw her in a different light. The reason 30s husband cheated isn't merely because of shallow looks, but because of a deeper reason, rooted in the relationship with his wife. 

It's not only a problem if you have a fight, you could be in a cold war with your partner, too. The lack of their communication is a major problem, as we see.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

@airgelaalI didn't post the following:

I think everyone is also forgetting there was a point, before the husband cheated, that both he and the wife were going to ask each other for a divorce. The wife wrote him a text message and was about to send it, when she got a phone call from her parents saying someone had cancer and they were coming to visit.

@hsmz I didn't post the following:

shouldn't he think about them first before trying to get another child with Nam Ga Bin."(joccu said this)  and I just gave my two  cents to his comment.

If I misunderstood, my apologies.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

50 years cheating husband want to relive his year start over  now he think he accomplished man  :D

30 years , think he found his soul mate / true love :sweatingbullets:

hZyWIhp.gif

but worse is 40 years , only think about sex nothing more :w00t:

EAQYAE4.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

7 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

I think everyone is also forgetting there was a point, before the husband cheated, that both he and the wife were going to ask each other for a divorce. The wife wrote him a text message and was about to send it, when she got a phone call from her parents saying someone had cancer and they were coming to visit.

I know. I quoted @booksonbooks

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

10 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

@hsmz I didn't post the following:

shouldn't he think about them first before trying to get another child with Nam Ga Bin."(joccu said this)  and I just gave my two  cents to his comment.

If I misunderstood, my apologies.

Oh I get it now, it's my misunderstanding too. I should quote joccu, and mistakenly quoted

you. Sorry..

• Blob 5

1 hour ago, booksonbooks said:

I think everyone is also forgetting there was a point, before the husband cheated, that both he and the wife were going to ask each other for a divorce. The wife wrote him a text message and was about to send it, when she got a phone call from her parents saying someone had cancer and they were coming to visit

Welcome to the thread @booksonbooks  :waves:
Agree, that there were issues in the 30s couple's marriage in season 1 before he cheated.

53 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

No, before he met SW they hadn't any major problems. Cheating is not only sex.

They did have issues before he cheated. He was thinking about divorce already before he met Song Wan. That's one of the reasons he became friends with her as he wasn't happy in his marriage. But I think Hye Ryung didn't contemplate divorce until after the cheating happened.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well @partyon Noona, I totally agree with you. I never liked Sa Hyun's dad, but seeing his comments on SW's age is just making me angry :rage:

SW is in her early 40s, 42 I think, and it is not that late for getting pregnant. And if it is, that dude really has not right to speak like that about her age.

Honestly, I felt really uncomfortable seeing him say those things about Song Won.

She's 40 in international age.

There are areas in many cities over here where the average age for first time mothers is 41 !

If you have a career you may not have time to settle down and have kids before hitting 40.

Where is the female empowerment in comments like his?

What about age racism ?

If nothing else, it shows how traditional Sa Hyun's dad is. Also, with how he has been treating his wife, he doesn't seem to be very supportive of women at all.

He's also only interested in having male grandkids.

Sa Hyun's dad needs a reality check and he needs to get with the program. This is not the Joseon era anymore.

Song Won has done well for herself. She has a good job and can support herself.

She was married but was not able to have kids - it wasn't her choice to stay childless or to divorce.  In my opinion, she shouldn't be shamed for being a 40 year old finding herself pregnant.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Blob 3

Hahaha. Hahahaha! I can't believe I'm watching this show again! I was one of those who was like, "You can't pay me to watch Season 2!" HAHAHAHAHA! What is wrong with me?

My mind still boggles at the weird way everyone is speaking. It's just so... performative, like every dialogue is some mannered speech they memorized.

I did LOL when the three mistresses were hanging out in Jeju together and they were like, "Hey, I slept with a married man." And, "Hey, me too!" "Oh, me too!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

They did have issues before he cheated. He was thinking about divorce already before he met Song Wan. That's one of the reasons he became friends with her as he wasn't happy in his marriage. But I think Hye Ryung didn't contemplate to divorce until after the cheating happened.

It's not true. The very beginning of flashbacks: 30's couple were happy lying in bed and wife said, that he should go to the gym.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

It's not true. The very beginning of flashbacks: 30's couple were happy lying in bed and wife said, that he should go to the gym.

Well, I remember him not being so happy being forced to go for gym, or not getting to eat whatever he wants, being controlled and also strongly considering divorcing her. 

He told about it to Song Won when they had just started their talks, and I won't see that as the cheating being started. They started quite casually as being friends and sharing their problems. So yeah, he was considering divorcing her, and had quite many problems with her before the cheating actually happened. 

Not sure, but I don't think them being happy in bed would mean he was all happy in marriage. It was just one scene though from what I remember :rubchin:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

13 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

It doesn't mean that there weren't issues in the marriage, just because we see  one happy scene. To my recollection, the 30s husband was frustrated and not happy with being controlled by his wife.

He would not have cheated if he had been happy in the marriage.

We can agree to disagree, but I am with @booksonbooks and @Sleepy Owl that he was not a happy being married to BHR even before he cheated.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

14 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well, I remember him not being so happy being forced to go for gym, or not getting to eat whatever he wants, being controlled and also strongly considering divorcing her. 

He told about it to Song Won when they had just started their talks, and I won't see that as the cheating being started. They started quite casually as being friends and sharing their problems. So yeah, he was considering divorcing her, and had quite many problems with her before the cheating actually happened. 

Not sure, but I don't think them being happy in bed would mean he was all happy in marriage. It was just one scene though from what I remember :rubchin:

Once again, he never considered divorce before he met SW. And I said, that they hadn't any major problems.

Yes, they had some problems, but he started to talk about them with SW and not his wife.

In that scene in the bed I see BHR as an attentive wife. But not in the way he wanted her to be. When she advised him to go to gym she was thinking about his health and well being. But he saw it like crushing his ego.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

41 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

Once again, he never considered divorce before he met SW. And I said, that they hadn't any major problems.

Yes, they had some problems, but he started to talk about them with SW and not his wife.

In that scene in the bed I see BHR as an attentive wife. But not in the way he wanted her to be. When she advised him to go to gym she was thinking about his health and well being. But he saw it like crushing his ego.

Well, we can agree to disagree here, but they had major problems. SH was already frustrated of being controlled by her. Well of course, from her POV, she had reasons for it. She never liked him come home drunk since she hated the smell, controlled what he ate since he was gaining weight, forced him to join the gym for the same and many more. That is being controlled and he was already feeling frustrated by it all.

The cheating didn't start with him having casual talks with SW in my honest opinion. If that is where cheating starts, then I believe most of the people out there would be cheaters for speaking to person of opposite gender other than their spouse. Also, no one really just complain about their married their to others so easily. So when SH told he is considering divorce, he meant it, and at that time nothing really had started between him and SW.

I am not too sure about other things, but being controlled is a major problem in a relationship. I am quite unsure what attentive wife means, but I never saw her as one. Then again, it is just my opinion, and we can just agree to disagree.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well, we can agree to disagree here, but they had major problems. SH was already frustrated of being controlled by her. Well of course, from her POV, she had reasons for it. She never liked him come home drunk since she hated the smell, controlled what he ate since he was gaining weight, forced him to join the gym for the same and many more. That is being controlled and he was already feeling frustrated by it all.

The cheating didn't start with him having casual talks with SW in my honest opinion. If that is where cheating starts, then I believe most of the people out there would be cheaters for speaking to person of opposite gender other than their spouse. Also, no one really just complain about their married their to others so easily. So when SH told he is considering divorce, he meant it, and at that time nothing really had started between him and SW.

I am not too sure, but being controlled is a major problem in a relationship. I am quite sure what attentive wife means, but I never saw her as one. Then again, it is just my opinion, and we can just agree to disagree.  

most people who chat with opposite gender will not become cheaters because in most cases .  people inform spouses if they are becoming friends and meeting regularly ,No they will not plan dinner dates behind wife’s back or go for long drives or teach cycle etc or confide thier  marital problems so easily . You can understand peoplE confide in long time friends not new friends .

how ever much people give innocent color to 3Os husband ,  they cheated .

yes they started to have problems but husband never talked to his wife , he simply went to mistress and complained . 

and it’s is hilarious how nice mistress behaves and asks him break up and next moment offers to sleep , who does that in normal friends . She even upsized her breakfast and offered to some random new guy just like that , can anyone sane  think of doing that for your gym buddy  and let me also tell , he was reluctant to go to gym because wife pointed that he needs to be in shape , she told her it is better for professionals and well being . He was upset but what he did next , he went there to meet up up mistress regularly and also started health food gas once he saw mistress eating healthy. When wife said don’t eat much rice that means it is controlling , is it not hypocritical .

Even now she spouted all innocent lecture and then she goes and hugs him and agrees for yet another date . Both of them do not have any intention to beak up , they are just buying time .

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Writernim has done her job well, provoking discussion. That's why the thread is moving quickly!! Everyone has differing opinions on the story.

Let's remember this is a drama, not a moral endorsement of cheating. Art reflects and discusses and holds up a mirror to society. People cheat. They have their justifications which make sense to them, even if we don't agree. We're engaged because we see what's happening in the drama as a reflection of real life. It has happened to us or people close to us. That might be jarring, but this is just a drama.

2 hours ago, hsmz said:

Writer-nim really wanna make us think deeper and deeper.

That's what I took this drama as, an analysis of adultery through different couples and the mistresses. This is my position on TV/film; the writers present different positions/opinions on a topic, much like academic research. Writernim has made a case for us on adultery.

I'm very glad the mother of 30s guy put her husband in his place!! Some of his comments and his dismissive treatment of her, especially because he is breadwinner annoy the hell out of me!! Around 41min when he says, "What if I do? It's my money. You've never earned a penny." OMG!! He's  as cruel as that PDNim in "Be My Family". I guess they're supposed to be the opposite of 50s couple and also the old school type of marriage where women tolerated anything because the man made money. She let him HAVE IT and I was nodding my head at each sentence she spoke!! Hwaiting halmeoni!!:D

• Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Blob 2