Hangul: 이미테이션
Director: Han Hyun-Hee
Writer: Park Kyung-Ran (webcomic), Choi Sun-Young, Kim Min-Jung
Network: KBS2
Episodes:
Release Date: May 7, 2021 --
Runtime: Friday 23:20

PLOT SYNOPSIS

Lee Ma Ha is a member of the K-pop girl group Tea Party. Despite the group's lack of popularity, Ma Ha has received some media attention due to her physical resemblance to the popular solo singer, La Ri Ma. During a reality TV program where idols participate in sporting events, Ma Ha accidentally injures Hyuk, a member of the famous boy group Shax. Another member of Shax, Kwon Ryok, develops a dislike of Ma Ha as a result of both the incident and her attempts to gain popularity by imitating Ri Ma. However, the two are forced to cross paths on television programs and when they are cast in a drama together. Meanwhile, Ma Ha's childhood friend and fellow idol, Lee Yu Jin, from the group Sparkling, has feelings for Ma Ha and tries to shield her from what he believes are Ryok's negative intentions towards her.

Main Cast

• Jung Ji-so as Lee Ma-ha
    A member of the unpopular girl group Tea Party, who has a bright personality and natural talent for dance, but is most well-known      for her resemblance to the soloist La Ri-ma. She becomes the center of Tea Party after gaining popularity.
  • Lee Jun-young as Kwon Ryok
    The charismatic center of the famous boy group Shax, who develops an immediate dislike of Ma-ha despite their frequent
    interactions due to her imitation of La Ri-ma and an incident that resulted in one of his group-mates getting injured. He is highly
    skilled as a performer as well as being popular due to his good looks.
  • Park Ji-yeon as La Ri-ma
    A popular solo artist considered one of the best idols in the world. She has a similar appearance to Ma-ha, who uses that fact to imitate Ri-ma and get attention for herself.
  • Jeong Yun-ho as Lee Yu-jin
    The new center of the rising boy group Sparkling and Ma-ha's childhood friend, who hides his ambition and persistence behind his soft and charming appearance. He harbors a secret crush on Ma-ha.

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList  | Dramawiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Imitation, 이미테이션 - Fri @2320KST, Premieres May 7
  • 2 weeks later...

Randomly decided to watch this as there was no hype about this.

I gotta say... this exceeded my expectations - I had none, of course, so that's easy, but I like that they displayed all the dark parts about this business without making a joke out of it. 

Poor Maha being abandoned at the filming site, where there's lit nothing around for public transport or taxis. The guy could have texted her that he had to leave and to ask someone else to take her back to Seoul. 

13 hours ago, agenth said:

Randomly decided to watch this as there was no hype about this.

I gotta say... this exceeded my expectations - I had none, of course, so that's easy, but I like that they displayed all the dark parts about this business without making a joke out of it. 

Poor Maha being abandoned at the filming site, where there's lit nothing around for public transport or taxis. The guy could have texted her that he had to leave and to ask someone else to take her back to Seoul. 

But thank God, Ryuk saw her even in the preview he gave her padding coat. the epilogue dang, i never knew they knew each other :|