Hangul: 이미테이션
Director: Han Hyun-Hee
Writer: Park Kyung-Ran (webcomic), Choi Sun-Young, Kim Min-Jung
Network: KBS2
Episodes: 12
Release Date: May 7, 2021 - June 23, 2021
Runtime: Friday 23:20

PLOT SYNOPSIS

Lee Ma Ha is a member of the K-pop girl group Tea Party. Despite the group's lack of popularity, Ma Ha has received some media attention due to her physical resemblance to the popular solo singer, La Ri Ma. During a reality TV program where idols participate in sporting events, Ma Ha accidentally injures Hyuk, a member of the famous boy group Shax. Another member of Shax, Kwon Ryok, develops a dislike of Ma Ha as a result of both the incident and her attempts to gain popularity by imitating Ri Ma. However, the two are forced to cross paths on television programs and when they are cast in a drama together. Meanwhile, Ma Ha's childhood friend and fellow idol, Lee Yu Jin, from the group Sparkling, has feelings for Ma Ha and tries to shield her from what he believes are Ryok's negative intentions towards her.

Main Cast

• Jung Ji-so as Lee Ma-ha
    A member of the unpopular girl group Tea Party, who has a bright personality and natural talent for dance, but is most well-known      for her resemblance to the soloist La Ri-ma. She becomes the center of Tea Party after gaining popularity.
  • Lee Jun-young as Kwon Ryok
    The charismatic center of the famous boy group Shax, who develops an immediate dislike of Ma-ha despite their frequent
    interactions due to her imitation of La Ri-ma and an incident that resulted in one of his group-mates getting injured. He is highly
    skilled as a performer as well as being popular due to his good looks.
  • Park Ji-yeon as La Ri-ma
    A popular solo artist considered one of the best idols in the world. She has a similar appearance to Ma-ha, who uses that fact to imitate Ri-ma and get attention for herself.
  • Jeong Yun-ho as Lee Yu-jin
    The new center of the rising boy group Sparkling and Ma-ha's childhood friend, who hides his ambition and persistence behind his soft and charming appearance. He harbors a secret crush on Ma-ha.

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList  | Dramawiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Imitation, 이미테이션 - Fri @2320KST, Premieres May 7
  • 2 weeks later...

Rating is bad as it is broadcasted pretty late at 2320 KST

Furthermore, this genre of drama will probably get the support of viewers outside of Korea rather than domestically 

Full of idols in the drama, so fans of the idols will still support

• Like 1

Randomly decided to watch this as there was no hype about this.

I gotta say... this exceeded my expectations - I had none, of course, so that's easy, but I like that they displayed all the dark parts about this business without making a joke out of it. 

Poor Maha being abandoned at the filming site, where there's lit nothing around for public transport or taxis. The guy could have texted her that he had to leave and to ask someone else to take her back to Seoul. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, agenth said:

Randomly decided to watch this as there was no hype about this.

I gotta say... this exceeded my expectations - I had none, of course, so that's easy, but I like that they displayed all the dark parts about this business without making a joke out of it. 

Poor Maha being abandoned at the filming site, where there's lit nothing around for public transport or taxis. The guy could have texted her that he had to leave and to ask someone else to take her back to Seoul. 

But thank God, Ryuk saw her even in the preview he gave her padding coat. the epilogue dang, i never knew they knew each other :|

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Imitation, 이미테이션 - Fri @ 23:20KST

lol when they thought she was a ghost. THAT WAS HILARIOUS. 

I really like the relationship between Ryuk and his manager, lol when he tricks him, saying he sees nothing with closed eyes hahah. 

I'm so happy with these three girls and as they bonded, growing past tragedy. And Tea Party is so much better than Omega 3!! I wonder what happened that JH left NOG, probably has to do with that President? I'm so hopeful for this group to succeed, to make their dream come true. 

And there's more between Ryuk and Maha... I like that their story hadn't ended with a one-off, and once again she asks for his help. Hopefully he takes her hand!

• Like 2

Saw this as a new release and decided to give it a watch. Happy that I did as I found it surprising enjoyable, filled with obstacles and entertaining. I really like Ma-Ha’s personality and the positive energy she brings to her Tea Party group. Not to mention, it was good to see her group mates Hyun-Ji & Ri-A readily accepted her from the get-go and how easily they gel together.

I could see the sparks between Ryeok & Ma-Ha although he appears to treat her cold. It looks like they have a little history between them as they met years before. I think he prefers Ma-Ha’s normal version of herself as opposed to when she does those imitation gigs of Ri-Ma who he doesn’t appear to really like. It’s plain to see Yoo-Jin has a “crush” on Ma-Ha and although she likes him too, it just looks like in the context of a brother or BFF.

I think it was so cruel of Ri-Ma to basically force Ma-Ha into doing her imitation on that TV program. I may be wrong but Ri-Ma seems to like Ryeok and didn’t like the attention he was giving to Ma-Ha’s imitation of her on that debut TV program. That’s probably why she insisted Ma-ha imitates her down to wearing the same outfit as her with the hope and intention of Ma-Ha embarrassing herself on live TV in front of Ryeok. However, I don’t think she anticipated that Ma-Ha would extend her hand to Ryeok for help, maybe to dance alongside her. Can’t wait to see the day when Ma-Ha would be a bigger idol than her lol.

Anyway, looking forward to future episodes to see how this story-line plays out. Just wished it wasn’t a mere one episode per week, sighs!

• Like 3

The power of fans... making their stars apologise to them for perceived "transgressions". It's good that Maha didn't issue a comment, because that would have increased the tension of the situation even more. I'm not surprised the NOG president was pissed off that the boys handled it themselves instead of a company reaction. Then again, he should have acted faster. 

Though Tea Party has been in the business for some years already, they are quite naive, from their reaction towards this "scandal", like one of the girls being mad that Ryuk dismissed Maha simply as an "extra", when that was actually the best thing to do so she wouldn't be hounded by shax's fans. 

In any case, I was surprised to find out Yujin apparently knows Maha pre-training days, as it's alluded to in the Epilogue. It's clear he won't get the girl because of all his shining knight acts, it just seems like he's always a step behind, much like it's revealed Shax actually shows up for Music Bank. 

For people who keep reading all about Shax, they are completely surprised that the group showed up. 

My concern is, how long has Jihak luck until it runs out? The bad NOG President will surely flex his muscles to ruin Jihak/Tea Party. 

Due to this series only having one episode per week I started reading the webtoon. and I have to say I like the portrayal in the drama much better, even though Maha's acting is still awkward for me. Somehow her mannerisms, appearance etc, doesn't look very idol-like to me. 

• Like 3