[Drama 2021] Imitation, 이미테이션

SC2019

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Oh Ri Ah's my fave Tea Party member. She reminds me of Buttercup of the Powerpuff Girls ahahah. So sassy. Coincidentally there's 3 members in PPG too. 

So that means Maha is Bubbles and Hyunji is Blossom, right? I can totally see that :D

49 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I guess that was a flash back of how Jihak met Eunjoo! Guess he is very fond of Eunjoo but why is he not in search of him I wonder. Maybe he is hiding Eunjoo and helped Eunjoo escape public scrutiny!

I think Jihak opened the cafe after he left NOG so this meeting happened after Eunjo's disappearance. I guess this is when Eunjo explained everything including his decision to leave the entertainment industry but asked Jihak to keep it a secret from everyone else. Jihak accepted and supported his decision.

Eunjo's disappearance has a big impact on Ryok's mental health so I think he can get better when he meets Eunjo again and finds closure. If Eunjo and Annie were a couple, their relationship mirrors our main couple (If I'm not mistaken, Eunjo was the center and Maha replaced Annie's position in Omega 3)

• Like 4

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode as Ryeok finally realised that he likes Ma-ha. However, I could see it’s going to take a while for Ma-ha to gain confidence and be convinced to accept the fact that a star like Ryeok could actually like her. Ryeok had some really funny scenes this time around, he handled those comedy parts really well.

Yu-Jin to me is becoming more and more annoying. I mean there’s nothing wrong with having a one-sided crush on Ma-ha but not to the extent of using Hyun-Ji to bridge contact with her (not sure why she’s even putting herself through that hurt but as the saying goes “love hurts”). His one-sided obsession undoubtedly makes him unaware that someone right in front of him (Hyun-Ji) has eyes only for him while Ma-ha seems to have her eyes set on someone else (Ryeok) which obviously he’s aware of. In my opinion, Yu-Jin is unknowingly making himself into an “imitation” of Ryeok which is a good reflection of the title of this drama.

Can’t wait for the next episode!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ryuk will definitely have a hard time to pursue Maha since she lack confidence that Big Star like Ryuk likes her. I mean behind that devil persona, he genuinely likes her before he becomes Big Star. I mean they even worked together as mentor and student before he joins NOG Entertainment. I am curious why he decided to ghost his street dancer team even Maha. Did something happen ? 

In episode 6, Maha will avoid him at all cost. She's afraid she will be the main problem in her group and the past in Omega3. Poor Maha :(

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shari said:

Yu-Jin to me is becoming more and more annoying. I mean there’s nothing wrong with having a one-sided crush on Ma-ha but not to the extent of using Hyun-Ji to bridge contact with her (not sure why she’s even putting herself through that hurt but as the saying goes “love hurts”). His one-sided obsession undoubtedly makes him unaware that someone right in front of him (Hyun-Ji) has eyes only for him while Ma-ha seems to have her eyes set on someone else (Ryeok) which obviously he’s aware of. In my opinion, Yu-Jin is unknowingly making himself into an “imitation” of Ryeok which is a good reflection of the title of this drama.

Can’t wait for the next episode!

I don't like Yujin either. It's fine to have a crush on someone, but his actions are being very obtuse and ignorant (in relation to Hyunji). I'm not saying he shouldn't be with Maha due to Hyunji's crush, rather that he should approach Maha, his friend, directly, instead taking a loop route. If it's because of Maha that he wants to be a successful idol, then his motivations aren't good enough, either, and he doesn't deserve it. Becoming an idol, or even taking up a career, because of someone else is never a good idea, especially in this blood, sweat and tears business. 

9 hours ago, rukizie said:

Ryuk will definitely have a hard time to pursue Maha since she lack confidence that Big Star like Ryuk likes her. I mean behind that devil persona, he genuinely likes her before he becomes Big Star. I mean they even worked together as mentor and student before he joins NOG Entertainment. I am curious why he decided to ghost his street dancer team even Maha. Did something happen ? 

In episode 6, Maha will avoid him at all cost. She's afraid she will be the main problem in her group and the past in Omega3. Poor Maha :(

Regarding the ghosting, I think it's because he ended up moving cities / circles when he was scouted. Sometimes you have those friendships that are only for certain environments (school etc) and not really for life. I don't think anything "happened", though I might be wrong. 

There will be much trouble for Tea Party due to NOG President's antagonistic relationship with Jihak (why? something to do with Eunjo/Annie). 

Maha has no problem meeting up with Yujin (be it a group meeting or one on one). However, it looks like Sparkling gains traction soon, and then their entanglement won't be easy either, especially with the preview showing that Yujin and Ryuk end up brawling. 

• Like 3

someone mentioned in twitter about the contract slave that Ryuk signed since the CEO mentioned only Ryuk can save his company by working harder like a devil. I wonder the contract slave that he signed for Eun Jo's sake since in episode 2 it was mentioned subtle that Ryuk protected Eun Jo by signing those contract and his mental health was severe including deep insomnia and anxiety. 

@agenth for Yujin, IMO he would end up being a copycat for Ryuk since in the poster, his face get darkened not like his character. His feeling might be the worst for making him blinded in love. Five episode he already became a woke person after he got bothered that Maha likes someone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rukizie said:

someone mentioned in twitter about the contract slave that Ryuk signed since the CEO mentioned only Ryuk can save his company by working harder like a devil. I wonder the contract slave that he signed for Eun Jo's sake since in episode 2 it was mentioned subtle that Ryuk protected Eun Jo by signing those contract and his mental health was severe including deep insomnia and anxiety. 

@agenth for Yujin, IMO he would end up being a copycat for Ryuk since in the poster, his face get darkened not like his character. His feeling might be the worst for making him blinded in love. Five episode he already became a woke person after he got bothered that Maha likes someone. 

I forgot all about that (slave contract), but it DOES explain why Ryuk has so much attention from fans/company, because he isn't the leader, yet his schedule is more packed than for the rest of the members; AND he was the one who had to take over Eunjo's part on stage on the day Eunjo vanished. So basically he had to dance the part that he had not trained for. 

I forgot who the leader is (it's probably the no nonsense guy, right?). 

Mmmmh you are right, but I don't think anyone there will call Yujin a copycat, especially since Yujin would not want this, rather he wants to win over Ryuk (and get Maha). 

But you are right, his style and makeup changed from soft boy to sexy boy, though his eye makeup looked to me as if Ryuk had already punched him and given him blue eye. 

• Like 3

Reminds me of the scene where Ryuk is singing the line "I'm your Tea Party" in the van when the manager hurriedly switches radio off :hwaiting2:

The Tea Party song is pretty catchy. 

also Sparkling's Diamond will be performed on Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook:

Boy Group Sparkling (From KBS Drama “Imitation”) To Perform Live For 1st Time On “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”

Jun 8, 2021
by E. Cha

Imitation” boy group Sparkling will be making a guest appearance on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”!

Sparkling—which consists of ATEEZ’s Yunho, Seonghwa, and San, as well as Boys Republic’s Suwoong—is a fictional boy group from KBS’s “Imitation,” a drama based on a popular webtoon about idols in the competitive entertainment industry.

On June 8, it was reported that Sparkling would be appearing as guests on the upcoming June 11 episode of KBS 2TV’s popular music talk show “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook,” where they will be performing live for the very first time as a group. The four idols will take the stage to perform Sparkling’s new song “DIAMOND” as their characters from the drama.

The next episode of “Imitation” will air on June 11 at 11:20 p.m. KST, and “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” will air immediately afterwards at 12:30 a.m. KST on June 12.

• Like 3

Tea Party and Diamond already made performance as their promotion meanwhile SHAX, poor thing, twice they want to record their performance, the staff always tested positive even they cancelled two times :(. I want to see SHAX in Mubank or Music Core :(

@agenth The man who played with Hyuk while Ryuk was having a headache to tell his member that he likes someone is their leader, his name is Jae Woo. He barely has any screentime. I like Do Jin and Hyuk better than Ihyun and Jae Woo lmao. 

If Yoojin really took the way to be an imitation of Ryuk, it will be the hardest part he took for Maha. He is totally blinded by his love for Maha. 

Episode 6 will be good because the girls are arguing for not taking any chance to date someone from Shax. Ria and Hyun Jin must see Ryuk visiting Maha. 

and Shax member, iHyun is having a crush on Ria :D 

someone in twitter also mentioned that Yoojin got hit by Ryuk while they were practicing because Ryuk saw he picked her up in episode 2 and thought of he could be Maha's boyfriend and feel jelly toward Yujin :D 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I wonder how Ryuk fans will protect him when this fight breaks out between Ryuk and Yoojin. Maybe it will turn into an all out fanwar. OMG! I would love to see this depicted on the show!

That will be so interesting to see! Even in real life when an idol "glares" at another idols, the fans are quick in cancelling the said idol (coughM*m*landcough). So if there is a fanwar going to happen because of a fight, Sparkling's reputation will be seriously damaged especially after going against a top senior with a huge fandom. I'm worried because Sparkling is already struggling, a "scandal" will totally ruin their career :unsure:

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, starveri said:

That will be so interesting to see! Even in real life when an idol "glares" at another idols, the fans are quick in cancelling the said idol (coughM*m*landcough). So if there is a fanwar going to happen because of a fight, Sparkling's reputation will be seriously damaged especially after going against a top senior with a huge fandom. I'm worried because Sparkling is already struggling, a "scandal" will totally ruin their career :unsure:

Now that I said that I feel sad for Sparkling. But I hope Sparkling don't disband and Yujin will have to go into self reflection and maybe he will realize what's important. Is it his career or is it going to be love.

I think that other idol who was replaced when Ryuk joined Shax and now is in sparkling will be really against Yujin coming back if he is boycotted at some point because of this fight. Well this is all speculation but let's see what happens on Friday.

• Like 3

Poor Ryok.. Being worked to death by his greedy NOG boss. I think that's the difference between NOG with Ji Hak. Sadly it happens in most agencies in K-Pop industry. 

Hope he's OK.. Ma Ha sigh LoL I can't get use to her hair. I like Yoo Jin but wish he leave Ma Ha, Ryok alone. 

So it was Jae Woo who ratted out on the team, not Eun Jo? And geez they weigh only under 60kg?! Need to lose weight on top of it ouch. I'd never survive being an idol. I love food too much ha-ha. 

I think that 1 member of Shax has a crush on Ri Ah eheheh. 

• Like 1

Ri-ah annoyed me this episode. Going through her phone, like what is wrong with you. I understand having a conversation with her about consequences and your feelings. But jumping down her throat right from the start was uncalled for. At least she apologized.

I feel like the pressure is on Maha to promote the group more than the others. Also getting a new phone, but keeping the old one just means you have a secret phone like Annie. 

I get the manager trying to keep Ryoc busy, but if you push him to exhaustion that's only going to end badly. But Ryoc in the woods was hilarious. 

I like Lee-hyun's crush on Ri-ah. Maybe if she experiences it herself she will be less judgmental of Maha. 

La Rima can take a walk. He is just not that into you, she really needs to get that into her head. I wish Maha just said whatever she was holding back. 

That elevator scene, Ryoc was so excited to see Maha and then his face dropped when Maha was ignoring him. 

What is the NOG CEO doing contacting the Omega CEO? No good can come from that. Maybe find some loophole in their old contract that voids their contract with Ji Hak. 

Dojin and Hyuk are funny and prob my fav side characters. I loved Do-jin's expression when he told Ryok that Maha was playing his girlfriend and their dating advice. :joy: 

Hyun-ji needs to stop trying to play cupid. It may seem selfless but she is only thinking of Yujin's feelings and not Mahas. But I guess due to her own feelings she can't see why anyone would like Ryok over Yujin.

I don't understand all these people practicing with heavy clothes. Like don't you get hot. 

I like that Maha stuck her ground when it came to Ryok even though she does really like him. However, the car accident is going to be the turning point of her not caring about the danger. 

Can anyone walk onto set? Maha, why would you go to a set that Ryok is on, also why would your members who want you away from him bring you. And Ryok way to be distracted when doing a stunt. This is basically your own fault. Prob would have been better if you just drove into the water barrels, that why they are water. 

Jae Woo, what a rat. Does he realize the chain of events that he started. 

Preview: How does Maha get into the room? My guess, Dojin and Hyuk help her. 

• Like 5

Dang,i was heartbroken watching episode 6. The heart wrenching was real. I mean Ryuk overworked and Maha tried so hard to avoid him because of her member and their future. 

I never thought Jae Woo would be so cheap to spill Eun Jo's GF. The CEO is basically a devil. 

and the most heartbroken thing was both of them liked each other in the past before they were famous. the scene in the Han bridge was the proof they liked each other  :(

• Like 4