[Drama 2021] Imitation, 이미테이션

SC2019

Dang, the preview makes me wanna screaming. Why this drama only airs one episode per week ? 

But i admit, Maha and Ryuk really have a good chemistry and drawn each other. Somehow i wonder, did they develop feeling into relationship or only crush on each other ? Because every time Maha is nearby, Ryuk can express himself like @agenth said in the previous post. Ryuk in his brooding style is a totally clumsy lol. 

For Yujin, dang, i feel bad for him honestly. He fell way too hard for Maha but end up in a disappointment. But this time, after he saw the kissing scene, will he make as a rookie actor to follow Maha ?

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

From the preview Yujin is saying he wants to go into acting to one-up Ryuk. It's clear that he is obsessed with Maha, and would basically try to get all roles to pair up with her. IDK I know he's a good guy and supposed to be cute but for me it's way over the top, and I don't like him and his attitude. Like when he confronted Ryuk over their times being cut to 2minutes it clearly was because of Maha's debut and not concern over the well-being of his own group who try to land a smash hit. It's like he cares about nothing in his life except Maha.

For that matter, it was pretty novel that Shax had refused music show appearances until now. That's pretty much a unicorn thing anyway, so he doesn't get to be angry about them breaking their word. Honestly he should be glad that they receive a slot, better than nothing.

Poor Hyunji probably gets her heart broken as this love triangle is dragged on. 

• Like 4

Ok, I have watched the latest episode and there are many interesting going on! :o

Seriously, Yujin is the perfect example of "love is blind" and by the way things are going on, it's gonna get worse. I prefer it if SHAX performs Malo for the comeback because I really love that song! It's so good that Tea Party went viral because of their talent. 

The role Maha got was the female lead or at least the love interest of Ryok's character right? The ad-lib was so good and sad at the same time. It's sad that Ryok can't show that he cares about Maha openly because it will be bad for both of them. No, I will not count the kiss because they were acting so I really look forward to the real kiss later :phew:

Maha is so cute, she went from collecting Ryok's cup holder to doodling on his face lol :D The staring in the bus feels like they are high schoolers on a school trip with crushes on each other, so cute! I'm so confused how they switched bags because I thought Maha will left hers behind and Ryok will find it instead but I'm not complaining because of the last scene hehehe :wub:

The epilogue left me with questions. Does that mean La Rima was a NOG trainee or Jihak worked there before NOG? The scene shows that she had a hard time before and acting high and mighty now is her way of making up for the past? 

• Like 5

Ryok and Maha look firmly connected.

They both remember their first encounter and that attraction between them continues.

He is more smiling. Nice.

I count the kiss as their first kiss just because Ryok fell off that chair.   :D

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

For me, i think they sort of had a crush each other but hid it since they were trainee that time. Many people in twitter said the star that Maha always mentioned was Ryuk. Since episode 2 it's already mentioned very subtle that her Star was Ryuk. I definitely want their background story why they parted aways. 

For Yujin, he is definitely blind with his love for Maha. 

• Like 3

I am really enjoying this drama. It is one of my favs of the ones airing right now. 

What was Yujin thinking? One, when storming Shax dressing room, and two sending the flowers to only Maha and not the whole team. The first was embarrassing and the second seems a little rude. He went to the movies with them, so he is friendly with them too. 

Also, did he only become an idol because of Maha? That seems like a lot of work for a girl, especially one you never confessed to. I think he is going to want to act, but his agency turns him down. Telling him to concentrate on Sparklings comeback instead. 

Why get the music producer such a heavy plant. Does he have to move that by himself later?

I feel like Maha was lying that she has been kissed before, I think this was her first kiss. I sort of count it, because they were both affected by it, but it wasn't a genuine first kiss. 

Why did Maha keep the cup holder with Ryoc's face on it? Also why someone else's cup, she has one on her cup. Just seems weird considering later she is doodling on his face. I'm actually surprised she went up to the fan club table, I would think she would skip it. 

Maha eating both of the meals because its tasty, I can relate and love her for it.

Maha looked so excited on the tour, but Ryoc def saw his fans glaring at her. He def likes her but needs to be careful because he is afraid of her being hurt by his crazy fans. I love them together, and their chemistry. 

Did Maha lose her common sense? Like she knew not to get into his van in ep 2, but in this episode she thinks its all good to go to his hotel room. This is what managers are for. The fans are super creepy, and wouldn't the hotel have security. 

Preview: It looks like something else comes out about Ryoc and Maha because La Lima is reacting to something. Also, I don't think the NOG CEO is going to allow a duet with Ri-ah and Lee-hyun. He seems against Tea Party in general cause of Ji Hak.

• Like 6

spacer.png

NEW STILL OMOOOOOO XD 

and yes this will make them getting closer and Ryuk starts to think about Maha and Maha will avoid Ryuk at all cost that makes Ryuk confused wether he did wrong or none. Meanwhile Yujin celebrated in restatourant with Maha, Hyun Jin and Ria while Yujin starts to worry about Maha and his feeling :(

• Like 4

I wonder if he ghosted her after he was scouted to become a boy idol group member!

Also he is always dismissive when around her so that he don't have to explain anything to her.

Maha seems to like Ryuk very much but she knows she can't have him. I don't know how this is so but I feel this  in the way she portrays her character!

Also I wish Hyunjin don't break her heart, but she is already on the way to it! I feel bad for her.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I wonder if he ghosted her after he was scouted to become a boy idol group member!

Also he is always dismissive when around her so that he don't have to explain anything to her.

Maha seems to like Ryuk very much but she knows she can't have him. I don't know how this is so but I feel this  in the way she portrays her character!

Also I wish Hyunjin don't break her heart, but she is already on the way to it! I feel bad for her.

Good insight :D 

I feel like they had relationship back then but decided to part ways or ghosted her because of the status they had as a trainee :)

For me like many people in twitter said, she always mentioned about Star in the past three years and people mentioned that it's subtle way to say her Star is Kwon Ryuk :D 

• Like 3

Watched Ep5, some thoughts: 

I like that they showed how the mix up of the bags happened, because seeing how the bags fell in Ep4 it didn't make sense to me. 

I do not like that reporter. If Eun Jo wants to be forgotten he can  be and she can go kick rocks. She's going to cause issues later. 

I can't believe those fans, also why couldn't they just get the hotel security to kick them out. I know then we wouldn't have gotten the great Maha/Ryok scenes, but still.

Maha's face when Ryok admitted that she was heavy. :joy:

Did the Shax manager leave his car at the hotel, because he wasn't riding the bus when they got there.  Also does he spend time with any of the other members?

Eun-jo siting, I wonder what episode he will make a full return. My guess is Ep 6 or 7 because it will be the half way point. 

Why did Yujin call Hyun-ji? He should have called Maha directly instead of using Hyun-ji as a bridge. Also Hyun-ji what are you doing girl, you know he likes Maha. 

This is the episode where Ryok lost his mind while figuring out his feelings. Him trying to explain the situation to Do Jin (who is so tall! didn't realize until they were next to each other). Also all of them saying he doesn't have any other friends.   :joy: 

I love Maha and Ryok! The feelings are mutual but Maha just doesn't believe that Ryok could like her. I wonder how long they were in that dance team for, we don't really have a timeline for how long they knew each other. 

• Like 5

episode 1 was sad but episode 5 was pure comedy. I mean i thought Maha would end up falling faster than Ryuk but in the end, it's reversed. Ryuk is whipped for Maha and even he isn't himself when Maha around him lo. He started to imagine everything when he read the script for his upcoming project lol. 

We already in half of this drama and i hope their relationship would go better :>

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I love Kwon Ryok so much, his quirks and the things we see in this episode - FINALLY SMILES!!! As the other members point out, what's the use of his image, when he's abysmal at dating :D I like how they didn't immediately ask him to stop, even though it would tarnish the group's reputation. Somehow they realise that they are human and can't help who they fall in love with.

From the webtoon, the drama differs in background stories, but it matches in the way of character spirit. Ryok very much falls fast(er than Maha), and he's also very confused about his feelings: He know he needs to talk someone, and luckily found a member who was willing to listen, but it takes another friend to make him realise that HE NEEDS TO SHOOT A GOAL :D Loved the metaphor and very fitting here!

This episode was all about Ryok and I couldn't be happier, because they show his full persona, beyond his stage performance and star image he keeps. 

Yujin on the other hand, SMH. First his dancing as if he was going to trample Ryok's body and then slice him up with laser eyes lmao. Also, I love how these idols basically are like "I want to act, give me scripts!" - all without auditioning, or taking classes. I suppose in big agencies it really happens like that? I'm fed up about Yujin because he has that nice guy image but he's ignorance keeps hurting Hyunji. He doesn't have the cojones to ask Maha out so he does it in a roundabout way to invite the Tea Party members to a date restaurant. Moreover, he doesn't even ask them in one group chat, but has Hyunji do his work for him. What a coward - it's just stupid considering Maha is supposed to be his friend first, so how does Hyunji get roped into it? 

The bromance between manager and Ryok is too cute as well. Their personalities match, only their looks don't. I loved the way the manager got all frustrated but still helps his star of course, but takes offence that Ryok gave him hemorrhoids lol and all the way to laying on top of Ryok to get him to stop fake-sleeping :D. I understand his concerns so I don't give him flack for advising Ryok to stop thinking about Maha, recognising that this path is going to be hard for our main couple. Maha, with all respect, is still a nobody compared to Ryok's Shax star. 

However, I find it a bit hypocritical that manager doesn't have anything against La Lima simply inviting herself into their van, considering this could have been seen by fans or journalists. 

There will be more problems now both for Shax and Teaparty. The latter because I think their timid, trusting personalities aren't going to last in this show business, and the former as we see that one member is dating a management employee, and now with Eunjo's return, though we don't know why he suddenly appeared in the café. 

Plus we see Ryok and Yujin actually fighting, well as much as dancers can. Who wants to bet Yujin blew his top because of Ryok/Maha? 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

I totally enjoyed this episode! :D Everything is so funny and lovely. I kept thinking that they should just sleep together in his hotel room because if strangers can be housemates in other dramas, why can't they hahaha (just kidding, I know it's too early). Ryok's covering up for Maha became useless when he sent that SOS signal lol. Seriously, Ryok's cover up is on the next level especially that hemorrhoids excuse lol. I can understand his manager's frustrations because Ryok keeps getting himself in trouble. 

Now our Ryok has become a boy in love who keeps imagining Maha in every romantic situations. I love how Ryok can imagine his members' reactions to his love concern especially the loudmouth and the "I don't care" scenes lol. Ryok pulling the classic "a friend of mine" situation and Hyuk calling out his crap lol :lol:

Awww, it's so nice Tea Party has some genuine fans. Don't worry girls, you are pretty enough without makeup. Ryok should introduce himself first when messaging Maha because it's totally understandable that Maha thinks it is a spam. It seems Ria has a bad impression of SHAX so I'm waiting when she will fall in love with Yihyun :phew:. Yujin, stop being blind because there is a sweet girl named Hyunji who is waiting for you and you will never have a chance with Maha. 

It is implied that Eunjo and Annie were lovers so I wonder what really happened behind his disappearance. I feel like Jihak is the key to the mystery.

Epilogue: Jihak does have an eye for talent because he is the one who recruited Ryok and Tea Party. I'm surprised that Hyunoh was supposed to debut in SHAX so maybe that is the cause of his bitterness. Ryok did ghosted Maha and the dance crew so I hope he had a good reason something like his phone was taken away.

Edited by starveri
  • Like 5

Wasn't goin' to watch as I'm not into dramas that are centred around idols or in schools. Idk maybe it's my age ha-ha?! 

I think Ryok-Maha are super duper cute together moreso with their height difference LoL. I feel for Yoo Jin but hey at least there's Hyun Ji, if only he "opens" his eyes. Oh Ri Ah's my fave Tea Party member. She reminds me of Buttercup of the Powerpuff Girls ahahah. So sassy. Coincidentally there's 3 members in PPG too. 

I like the manager/boss Ji Hak as well. The actor's an idol himself. Well, most of the cast are. I recognise quite a few. I don't really like that Ri Ma chick but whatever. 

Chani's always playin' characters that have tragic ends. I've a feeling Annie-Eun Jo are a couple as they share same matching phones. Though it's sad what happened to her.. Where's Eun Jo though? Can they fix Maha's awful hair? Yikes. I like the actress here, on DayS er--not so much hah. 

• Like 3

I guess that was a flash back of how Jihak met Eunjoo! Guess he is very fond of Eunjoo but why is he not in search of him I wonder. Maybe he is hiding Eunjoo and helped Eunjoo escape public scrutiny!

Also I wonder what's going to happen in episode 6

Spoiler

Why don't they have longer clips like this????

• Like 4