[Drama 2021] Youth of May, 오월의 청춘

SC2019

7 minutes ago, letsgoa_s said:

Yeah, she did deliberately mislead Hee Tae, but it was the other girl's idea. And as someone who also grew up very poor, I can understand doing things like that to pursue one's education when the odds are against you.

Yeah I'm not saying that she doesn't have reasons, after all she isn't doing it for fun or because she is bored.

But just because someone else planned it and suggested it, also does not take away level of wrongness. 

There are of course mitigating circumstances, like her poverty. And well, he wasn't hurt by the ruse since he knew what was up. 

• Blob 1

Started to watch this... dont we all hope that the skeleton found on 1st episode belongs to Hwang Hea-tae's father, if not the kinda-poor man that came out from the train station? Ha..

So far so good... IG keep prompting me to watch the show and here i am. I think i was attracted to the dialogue, hence the show, at MH and HT's first date date, of how she tried so hard to shake him off but he replied with amusements.

I wasnt really a fan of LDH in Hotel Del Luna, but somehow i find him quite charming here... 

What is the point of meeting until May when you know she is going to leave (if that is the plan).. it would bring more heartache. Knowing how bad Hea-tea's father is, im not sure how the youth in this drama can survive... u know someone is going to end sadly in this drama... sigh...  Neverthless since its only 12 episodes, lets hope its more fast paced...  and fingers crossed for a happy ending... 

------

Also I think its nice that Hee-Tae admit he likes Myung Hee upfront and not hiding his feels. Where do u get leads that admit to their feelings in the first two episodes? Ha

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Ugh as usual there's always obstacles in the way of otp. That obstacle is Hee Tae's father. 'Cause of his greed, he will force Hee Tae/Soo Ryeon together. 

It will complicate matters further when Myung Hee finds out who Hee Tae's father is. I feel he had something to do with her father..? 

Soo Chan saw them hold hands & yet he's still interested in Myung Hee. Do Hyun played the guitar in "18 Again" as well~ Love Myung Hee/Hee Tae's scenes together, I just melt at the way he smiles at her sigh dreamily. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

I'm a little confused. I thought the ML's father wanted him to marry the secondary female lead because her family had money, but now it seems her father wants her to marry the ML because his company is on the brink of bankruptcy and he needs the support of the ML's father?

Also, I hope Lee Sang Yi gets more screen time but I guess his storyline kind of detracts from the OTP. 

1 hour ago, letsgoa_s said:

I'm a little confused. I thought the ML's father wanted him to marry the secondary female lead because her family had money, but now it seems her father wants her to marry the ML because his company is on the brink of bankruptcy and he needs the support of the ML's father?

Also, I hope Lee Sang Yi gets more screen time but I guess his storyline kind of detracts from the OTP. 

I believe what you initially thought is correct. SR’s family has money but HT’s father has power and influence. Joining hands would benefit both. Well, yes, HT’s father introduced them to investors to help kickstart their pharmaceutical company but it’s a way of keeping the dog on a leash. SR’s family may be rich but they aren’t powerful so they need HT’s father to “protect” their businesses. In fact, they need HT’s father to not destroy their businesses hence why SR needs to marry HT. The tone has been set and it’s clear to me SR’s father isn’t in agreement with HT’s father but he’s cornered and has no choice. He either obeys or his family gets destroyed. He briefly mentions they have other enemies too but I guess the smart choice is to join hands with the strongest and most powerful enemy. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Saw the preview with eng subs.

Yeah they are, MH asked HT to, he doesn't want to but it looks like in the end he does.

It's really bad bad timing, I remember the male lead got on his knees in front of his dad to ask him for money and told him he would do whatever he asked of him, now that his father wants him to marry the SFL, he fell in love with the female lead, not to mention that the two girls are friends, really it's a shame and sad

• Like 1

Aish now both Hee Tae & Soo Ryeon's dads are conspiring to threaten their kids into a forced marriage. 

If that happens.. Soo Chan will get closer to Myung Hee & I dread to think what else lie before our otp. 

It is going the "When My Love Blooms" route I'm afraid.. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, marrez1 said:

It's really bad bad timing, I remember the male lead got on his knees in front of his dad to ask him for money and told him he would do whatever he asked of him, now that his father wants him to marry the SFL, he fell in love with the female lead, not to mention that the two girls are friends, really it's a shame and sad

Yeah, this is really bad eh.

Done with ep 3 only. The romance between ML and FL is now  established. Heetae finally said Myeonghee the dating stuff during the May month. I love the flow of story. The romantic connection between MH and HT. 

PS: Soochan (Sang Yi)  is so handsome and hot. It's not a loss if MH and SC will be OTP in the end but I don't like HT and SR to be with each other. 

:surprisedwut:

• Like 1

@Heretorant Hi chingu nice to see you here!

On 5/11/2021 at 4:37 PM, realistic2280a said:

What is the point of meeting until May when you know she is going to leave (if that is the plan)

Exactly what I thought hahah. I think the writer is going with Kang Mooyeon' dilemma in DoTS. She loves Yoo Sijin, but scared of his job, as it's dangerous and can get him killed any time, thus will hurt her. But she decided to be with him anyway, bcs she loves him so much and being away from him scares her more than his death. So in this case, HT just likes MH so much that he doesn't mind getting hurt if he can spend at least a month with her before she leaves. I can't really follow this logic, but I guess we should just go with it:D

I just finished watching episode 4 and damn sooryeon is getting on my nerves.:angry: I knew she was trouble the moment she refused to come clean to her dad. Her audacity to play victim and act like HT was the selfish one for not wanting to continue the act really annoys me. Tho I'm glad HT called her out, it looks like he has no choice but to obey his dad.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Hi all! Just started this drama and i actually really like it so far! I’m very worried that we won’t get a happy ending though.. 

in episode 1, it’s the discovery of the skeleton and one of the items that was found with the skeleton is a watch.. im assuming that’s a watch from Myeong Hee’s father so there might be a possibility of the skeleton being Myeong Hee?

like you guys said though, Hee Tae father will definitely be an obstacle with our main leads move. Plus the whole marriage is stressing me out! Why can’t they just get out of it?!

HT and SR look like they're walking down a path to their funeral, when they enter the engagement hall. 

'I liked how the episode opened up about how MH always sacrifices - for her friend, for her family. I shouldnt be surprised that SR always got out of a problem, while others had to suffer. She doesn't really think about consequences, and it cut me when she told her friend not to see her before her engagement ceremony. I get it, because she felt guilty, but still. Way to ice someone out, who always supported you. 

But I love that HT's brother found friends, that he learns some warmth, so much that he even put food in the plastic bag ahahahah. 

I really love MH's dress, though. And Damn the last scene KILLED ME, her admission, his hand in hers, her smile, them running. I love this montage and IT'S NOT CHEESY. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

spacer.png

I love the preview for next episode too! 

Myung Hee & Hee Tae ah poor babies~ Star crossed lovers torn apart by cruel hands of fate.. 

I'm afraid if Soo Ryeon might end up falling for Hee Tae while Myung Hee for Soo Chan.. 

The last scene where the otp held hands & ran with smiles on their faces.. sighs. It won't last long before tragedy will strike again.