[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

The chairman  abandon his plan to adopt Young Shim was because he was told he has a daughter and is searching for her.  Why is it that he didn't think of still adopting Young Shim and at the same time still search for his "lost daughter".  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have two daughters? Just because he adopt Young Shim doesn't mean he has to make her his heir immediately isn't it?  Even if he has found his "lost daughter" he still doesn't have to make Young Shim his heir.  That is why I am angry and don't understand why he abandon his plan when both he and Young Shim has already agreed to the adoption.  Doesn't he realised that by his actions, he is hurting Young Shim too?  He is as selfish as the rest of the household.  Serves him right for his family all wanting to get all his money.  He deserves no sympathy. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I think the entire house hold is stupid. YS makes that accusation and none of them ask who is her mother. What is her name?

@Ldy GmermI said the same thing chingu. I blame it all on the Chairman. He is surrounded by selfish people. That is including his wife’s nephew. What happened to him to having a conscious??? It was a hoax and it was probably about him standing up for his father.  

I hate that Jung Hoon actually THANKED KS for abandoning Young Shin. Than he had the nerve to be sad about it. He is such a hypocrite. I don’t like this character and he hasn’t matured at all. It is going to take something huge for him to change his ways. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, renaoh said:

The chairman  abandon his plan to adopt Young Shim was because he was told he has a daughter and is searching for her.  Why is it that he didn't think of still adopting Young Shim and at the same time still search for his "lost daughter".  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have two daughters? Just because he adopt Young Shim doesn't mean he has to make her his heir immediately isn't it?  Even if he has found his "lost daughter" he still doesn't have to make Young Shim his heir.  That is why I am angry and don't understand why he abandon his plan when both he and Young Shim has already agreed to the adoption.  Doesn't he realised that by his actions, he is hurting Young Shim too?  He is as selfish as the rest of the household.  Serves him right for his family all wanting to get all his money.  He deserves no sympathy. 

This was my thought too. Adopting YS had nothing to do with him finding his real daughter. YS never wanted to be his heir. HIs feelings of wanting to treat her like a daughter were fake in my view. Its why when he finally realizes YS was his daughter and he rejected her for adoption and did not listen to her he will be hit the hardest. Karma/fate was giving him a chance and he denied it both times. What he was searching for the most was by  his side the entire time and he pushed it away. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

17 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

This was my thought too. Adopting YS had nothing to do with him finding his real daughter. YS never wanted to be his heir. HIs feelings of wanting to treat her like a daughter were fake in my view. Its why when he finally realizes YS was his daughter and he rejected her for adoption and did not listen to her he will be hit the hardest. Karma/fate was giving him a chance and he denied it both times. What he was searching for the most was by  his side the entire time and he pushed it away. 

Well said @Ldy GmermI can’t wait for the truth to come out. 

• Like 5

Honestly when you think of it, Jung Won has played with Young Shin's feelings, acting like the saviour when she needed a home but then allowed his wife to disrespect her the entire time while taking advantage of YS's nurturing nature to take care of him. He played with her feelings, giving her the hope that potentially she'd be adopted into the family only to take it away from her, keep her at a distance while getting her to take care of him after the heart attack, and ultimately kicking her out. It reminds me of My Wonderful Life and how selfish the birth parents acted until they found out who their biodaughter really was. JW has just been a huge disappointment for me, total idiot with no spine.

So we have a little over a month left with the show and quite a few points left to be resolved. Please add to my list if I'm missing any major plot points:

1. Young Shin's birth father reveal

2. Everyone finding out that Sook Jung did kill Young Shin's mom

3. Sook Jung stealing recipes being exposed

4. Jung Woo and Min Kyeong coming clean about lying that YS/KS approached Jung Won knowingly.

5. Sook Jung's downfall

6. Da Jung and Oh Bok's relationship

7. Young Shin and Kyung Soo's relationship 

BTW I agree with @maribella, I hope the writers have ditched the Oh Bok dying plot, I can't handle it. He's so pure and honest, I love him :(

• Like 3

I sort of dare to think that Oh Bok will actually be okay. That original concept about his death had probably been there when his background still had much to with his involvement with delinquents when younger, then he had shown up with a lot of money that they didn’t know where it was from.

But the money thing never really happened, except for maybe when he got his first wage after working where Mr Park works. He has since really picked himself up, decided to go back to study, and went on to pass the high school qualification exam after three years of trying.

No one, and I really mean no one among the Korean speaking audience that I’ve come across seems to even suspect that there was any possible death plot for Oh Bok, at all. So I hope it stays that way. He and his family are such a gem in this drama.

• Like 5

Amen, Ldy GMerm, amen.  I have no idea how they could get to a hundred hours of this drama without once asking YS her mother's name especially since (1) the brother is responsible for her death.. or where's the curiosity to look up the case or newspaper reports regarding the incident which would revealed the name or (2) not finding it odd that SJ has such obvious and unbridled hatred for YS that is not just unbecoming but psychopathic in a woman of her age and stature.  I am so disgusted with today's episode,  is it 92?, that I'm not going to bother to watch it with subtitles.   There's only so much insulting of my intelligence that I can take and writer-nim has pushed that envelope a bit too far.  The entire Kang family are morons.  In fact,  I think the kid is the brightest bulb on the bush.  Which is why SJ and her family can, and should, impoverish them.  SJ's husband knows she has lied to him throughout their marriage and given her brother company funds and has been accused of stealing YS's recipes and using DJ to start rumors.  Yet he believes her rather than give YS the benefit of the doubt?  His brother and MG too have lied and cheated him but again he believes them over YS because of another rumor that she may have known he was CEO of the restaurant.   And since we're there, what does it matter when she knew who he was.  He found the fishing hole, he found the restaurant,  he invited YS into his home.  He, not YS, instigated all of this.  If something is suspicious,  it's whether SJ set up her son to meet her husband so he would agree to GS's adoption.  And is JH's father in on this conspiracy as well since he introduced Kang to the restaurant?  I'm not the CEO of a company but I also know none of this makes sense.  Note to self:  it's just a drama... but I digress... it should still make sense and not insult the intelligence and common sense of the viewers.  Since I'm on a roll, let me dump on YS for a minute who, with each passing episode, shows that Kang blood runs in her veins.  YS is not my favorite character in this drama.   Those spots are reserved for Grandma, DJ's mom, GS, Uncle, OB and JH's Dad in that order.  If I know about SJ what YS knows about SJ, I make a shirt with my mother's face on it and wear it around the house and CEO every single day.  If I know what SJ has done to my mother the way YS knows what SJ has done to her mother, I hang my mom's death portrait up on the door of my bedroom.  If I suspect, as YS suspects, that SJ held some animosity towards my mother, Kang would find my mother's photo bookmarking his read every single day.  YS's actions aren't noble, they're stupid, they are Kang-esque, they are worthy of the biological issue of SJ's husband.  Am I communicating my frustration here?  Trying to drag out this drama to add yet more sin on the head of SJ is just ruining it.  Better to end it early and not frustrate your viewers than to drag out this nonsense to meet the 120 episode requirement.  So now, apparently, YS is going to allow herself to be used by the Kang family again rather than open her own restaurant and cook them into oblivion?  Does that make sense on any planet?  I guess it does if Kang blood flows thru your veins.  So SJ has Grandma's cookbook, there will be another cook off but, of course, YS will win because of the secret Grandma taught only the women of the family that cannot be replicated by recipies alone.  Here's what I think.  Kang doesn't fall ill and YS saves him. YS falls ill and Kang saves her.  The bloody nose thing is a trope for leukemia which means YS will need a bone marrow transplant and either Kang offers to be tested or nephew grows a pair and tells Kang YS is his daughter which leads to the obligatory blood and DNA tests.  I still think its possible OB dies since SJ was never held responsible for YS's mother's death.  Someone in this generation needs to die so that SJ can be held responsible now.  Writer-nim has never given OB anything substantial in this drama.  He's a nice guy and a place holder ergo disposable.  He has dreams but no school, no job, no wife, no child, no parents.  Uncle is moving on with PS, they will care for Grandma.  OB is on his own, doesn't fit anywhere and sacrificing this good natured, lovable, moral young man to bring about the downfall of SJ is a noble death.  One final rant, I previously praised MG's wardrobe except the pantsuit that made her look like a frozen treat.  Well, she did it again with that green and white frock with the Bozo collar that made her look like a clown.  Wardrobe failure.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Chickpea said:

Amen, Ldy GMerm, amen.  I have no idea how they could get to a hundred hours of this drama without once asking YS her mother's name especially since (1) the brother is responsible for her death.. or where's the curiosity to look up the case or newspaper reports regarding the incident which would revealed the name or (2) not finding it odd that SJ has such obvious and unbridled hatred for YS that is not just unbecoming but psychopathic in a woman of her age and stature.  I am so disgusted with today's episode,  is it 92?, that I'm not going to bother to watch it with subtitles.   There's only so much insulting of my intelligence that I can take and writer-nim has pushed that envelope a bit too far.  The entire Kang family are morons.  In fact,  I think the kid is the brightest bulb on the bush.  Which is why SJ and her family can, and should, impoverish them.  SJ's husband knows she has lied to him throughout their marriage and given her brother company funds and has been accused of stealing YS's recipes and using DJ to start rumors.  Yet he believes her rather than give YS the benefit of the doubt?  His brother and MG too have lied and cheated him but again he believes them over YS because of another rumor that she may have known he was CEO of the restaurant.   And since we're there, what does it matter when she knew who he was.  He found the fishing hole, he found the restaurant,  he invited YS into his home.  He, not YS, instigated all of this.  If something is suspicious,  it's whether SJ set up her son to meet her husband so he would agree to GS's adoption.  And is JH's father in on this conspiracy as well since he introduced Kang to the restaurant?  I'm not the CEO of a company but I also know none of this makes sense.  Note to self:  it's just a drama... but I digress... it should still make sense and not insult the intelligence and common sense of the viewers.  Since I'm on a roll, let me dump on YS for a minute who, with each passing episode, shows that Kang blood runs in her veins.  YS is not my favorite character in this drama.   Those spots are reserved for Grandma, DJ's mom, GS, Uncle, OB and JH's Dad in that order.  If I know about SJ what YS knows about SJ, I make a shirt with my mother's face on it and wear it around the house and CEO every single day.  If I know what SJ has done to my mother the way YS knows what SJ has done to her mother, I hang my mom's death portrait up on the door of my bedroom.  If I suspect, as YS suspects, that SJ held some animosity towards my mother, Kang would find my mother's photo bookmarking his read every single day.  YS's actions aren't noble, they're stupid, they are Kang-esque, they are worthy of the biological issue of SJ's husband.  Am I communicating my frustration here?  Trying to drag out this drama to add yet more sin on the head of SJ is just ruining it.  Better to end it early and not frustrate your viewers than to drag out this nonsense to meet the 120 episode requirement.  So now, apparently, YS is going to allow herself to be used by the Kang family again rather than open her own restaurant and cook them into oblivion?  Does that make sense on any planet?  I guess it does if Kang blood flows thru your veins.  So SJ has Grandma's cookbook, there will be another cook off but, of course, YS will win because of the secret Grandma taught only the women of the family that cannot be replicated by recipies alone.  Here's what I think.  Kang doesn't fall ill and YS saves him. YS falls ill and Kang saves her.  The bloody nose thing is a trope for leukemia which means YS will need a bone marrow transplant and either Kang offers to be tested or nephew grows a pair and tells Kang YS is his daughter which leads to the obligatory blood and DNA tests.  I still think its possible OB dies since SJ was never held responsible for YS's mother's death.  Someone in this generation needs to die so that SJ can be held responsible now.  Writer-nim has never given OB anything substantial in this drama.  He's a nice guy and a place holder ergo disposable.  He has dreams but no school, no job, no wife, no child, no parents.  Uncle is moving on with PS, they will care for Grandma.  OB is on his own, doesn't fit anywhere and sacrificing this good natured, lovable, moral young man to bring about the downfall of SJ is a noble death.  One final rant, I previously praised MG's wardrobe except the pantsuit that made her look like a frozen treat.  Well, she did it again with that green and white frock with the Bozo collar that made her look like a clown.  Wardrobe failure.

Thank you for sharing your frustration because it is exactly how I feel. I think I lost some hairs from all the frustration I felt in this drama.

The highlights of the drama for me is the love story and then the marriage of Yong Goo and Pil Sun. 

No amount of adjectives can describe how despicable Sook Jung is. Every thing she does, she has some evil ulterior motives.  Even to stoop so low as to steal Gyung Soo's grandmother recipes.  I feel even with the stolen book, she will still lose to Young Shin. Nothing beats the cooking talents that Young Shin was born with.

• Like 5

Hmmm.. looks like SJ is losing/has lost her mind.  What's that saying?  "Those whom the devil will destroy he first makes mad."  Looks like we're at the beginning of the Fall of SJ...  Fighting!

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Jung Hoon triggers me at this point, he's so arrogant and whiny. He needs to stop sticking his nose into other people's business and grow up to accept rejection. You can't force a woman to be with you. 

• Like 2

I had only watched the first minute and when the evil woman pulled her 'I gave birth to you' and KS unerringly gave the same dumb look, I wanted to kill them both.

Has anyone watched the episode on why they decided to have a match? Just like Dae Jung Geum.

Stupid as the Chairman is, I would have thought the writer would give him some brain and ask why must YS leave KS if she loses? After all Evil woman has known all along that she has been staying in his house. Why now? 

My moral values aside, I do not see YS ending up with KS, definitely not with JH. It seems like they are making happy memories hunting for ingredients to the finale which she of course will win. KS is characterised as 'doing the right thing', so pushing YS away from that little diner in a village may seem right to him. Just hope the writer won't kill him off like that Autumn story. Ughhh :fearful:.

I predict the part where forummers will beat up their computers or iPhones is what YS  does to Evil woman after trumping her. I'll bet she will forgive and ask her to stay, after all she is ajusshi's mum. :evillaugh:

After all long daily dramas need the kumbaya ending.

YS has already told SJ that her cooking lacks something. So even with the recipe's she will never measure up once they taste YS cooking. She dares to steal a recipe book that does not belong to her and never would have belonged to her then she has to be prepared for what will happen when she fails. 

SJ going nuts is a given as her nephew warned her of her end if she continued down the path she is going and hurting YS and not letting her find her father. She will be totally crazy at the end because she blamed everyone for what happened to her in the past when none of the people around her had anything to do with what happened to her when  she was 21. 

I look forward to her defeat by YS but I also hope to see the Chairman stroke out when he learns the truth of what his wife did to his former love and his daughter and he helped her to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2