[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

Last night was the worse watching. No substitute to understand but just by reading comments.

I don't understand any body. 

Why would YS go with JH or vice versa? Why would they have to listen to GS?

Where is the stubborn YS who only love is her Ahjussi? Did she actually in love with her Ahjussi like she led us on? 

And what's with both crying their heart out for? I'm upset I feel disappointed that the story has to break the two souls who want to be together like this. And can't.

I hope Mrs Choi running the Diner in the future, YS can go away with JH for I don't care.

• Like 2

In the preview, I think the woman made a will and she refused to move back to the chairman's house.

A possible miracle is that his cancer has only destroyed his lungs but did not spread to other parts. So a lung transplant could save him. Maybe his mother read something about it, then killed herself, et voila, he lives and she redeems herself.

Sort of happy ending, after all I have always wanted her to end up in prison.

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

have started the thread for the next drama - feel free to add details as you see them.

I'll give it a look-see, but the FL is the same FL in Man in Veil. :expressionless: I'm not saying anything for now.

• LOL 2

So YS decided to call mother, the wicked woman who wanted to destroy her life? whoooa this drama amazes me, everyone becomes friends and family.
Looks like the wicked mother is going to give her life for her son GS, I don't know how yet, but apparently we're headed for it

people who thought YS was going to marry JH, you can maybe wait some more

So the lesson in this drama is that life is too short, and you have to know how to forgive to live happily

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, maribella said:

In the preview, I think the woman made a will and she refused to move back to the chairman's house.

A possible miracle is that his cancer has only destroyed his lungs but did not spread to other parts. So a lung transplant could save him. Maybe his mother read something about it, then killed herself, et voila, he lives and she redeems herself.

Sort of happy ending, after all I have always wanted her to end up in prison.

As much as that could have been the “ideal” for her to truly atone for her sins, the spoilers that had been circulating (along with scenes filmed which were shown in social media) are not encouraging on that note. 

One of the last scenes to be filmed outside of the studio was at a wedding hall, and Kim Hye Ok was wearing the colors of the mother of the *bride*. Also, the very last scene she filmed in the studio was that of SJ and her nephew having dinner together with the Kang family. 

Like I said before, of course I would wish for a miracle to happen, but nothing that has been leaked has been encouraging, so I’d rather not hold my breath, because I don’t want to even more hurt by this mess of a story.

As I mentioned before, Jae Hee’s part of the filming on *studio* were up to episode 118, the upcoming one. His last outdoor filming was last Friday iirc, so unless those shots are for the finale or anything like that, this will be his last episode, apparently. The preview didn’t actually seem to hint at it, so they might still have a card or two to show. But again, I don’t want to hold my breath.

5 hours ago, bluesappir said:

One of the last scenes to be filmed outside of the studio was at a wedding hall, and Kim Hye Ok was wearing the colors of the mother of the *bride*. Also, the very last scene she filmed in the studio was that of SJ and her nephew having dinner together with the Kang family. 

I guess that was a red herring too. No Romeo and Juliet either. Most shows I've watched recently have been a sort of happy ever after. This one is more like Autumn story, Stairway to Heaven if KS really died.

I watched Damo years ago and the end was hearbreaking. But the acting was great - Ha Ji Won and the Phoenix guy, the story was great, I rewatched it a few times.
This one is not a favourite. I just have to know the ending.

I can't think of any message or theme of this show. Blood is thicker than water? No blood relations can be family? Get knocked up :joy:

Oh well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesappir said:

As I mentioned before, Jae Hee’s part of the filming on *studio* were up to episode 118, the upcoming one. His last outdoor filming was last Friday iirc, so unless those shots are for the finale or anything like that, this will be his last episode, apparently. The preview didn’t actually seem to hint at it, so they might still have a card or two to show. But again, I don’t want to hold my breath.

in a few hours, we'll really know, but I don't really believe it

• Like 1

I missed the episode today, but it turns out that ep 118 had his last scene in the studio because the episode ends with Young Shin finding him in pain. So nope, not his last episode, after all… 

People haven’t been too optimistic about the situation, since nothing in the story itself has been encouraging about it. It’s not that they don’t want to hope, but the story has continuously disappointed them since Kyung Soo has first been diagnosed and it’s easier to be mad than hurt, I guess. Same for me.

29 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

I missed the episode today, but it turns out that ep 118 had his last scene in the studio because the episode ends with Young Shin finding him in pain. So nope, not his last episode, after all… 

i just saw the preview GS seems is in the hospital, I don't think he will die, YS is trying on her wedding dress but I don't think she is going to marry JH,  I have the impression that JH realizes in the preview  that canceling the marriage is better 

I'm sure the writers are doing all this to keep the suspense going

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

i just saw the preview GS seems is in the hospital, I don't think he will die, YS is trying on her wedding dress but I don't think she is going to marry JH,  I have the impression that JH realizes in the preview  that canceling the marriage is better 

I'm sure the writers are doing all this to keep the suspense going

I hope you're right.  

I've been depressed and bitter since the news GS is dying and YS is marrying JH.

I think JH should marry someone else better for him.

After watching the preview again, YS wearing the wedding dress but doesn't look happy. So maybe no hope for GS.

• Like 1

It looks like YS is getting married but maybe to KS?

There is another show with the actress in Samsoon and she was a cancer patient. They married and living happily from day to day.

I knew a woman 36 years old, found she had lung cancer after  having difficulty breathing. Found out she had lung cancer in April 4th stage, 3 months later she was gone. Did not smoke, did not drink or drugs...

But this is Kdrama...

• Like 2

I am hoping here, and very very faintly hoping since he was so obsessed with her, he doesnt like getting married to her as a result of a request.  He made that clear very snidely that she only agreed because he requested it as a final wish.

So I am hoping after episode to episode of selfishness, that at the last minute he decided not to do this and thinks its not right.........surely they will not make him a selfish jerk all the way through.  She will not be happily married to him her heart will always be elsewhere.   If and and i mean a big IF he walks away they do a time jump with him finally gone and reunited she could be smiling happy to see him again as a friend but i hope there is no wedding........pfft

• Like 2

@Emily Bett beat me to it ^^; Since I’m adding comments about it, I’m placing them under the spoiler cuts. 

Spoiler

Given the flow of the story, virtually none of the fellow supporters of Kyung Soo and Young Shin from the Korean audience are holding their breath over the photo, which is a group photo taken with the staff after they wrapped up filming there. At best, they were saying that if the story itself had gone as shown there, it’d have been perfect. 

Jung Hoon is the one wearing a full tuxedo, so storywise, he *is* the groom of the wedding.

With that said, would there be some last-minute matter that happens within the story that would make the content of that particular photo a reality that no one saw coming? Again, I totally wish some KDrama miracle would happen… but I just don’t want to get any hopes up only to be hurt later.

For what it’s worth, at least for the group photo, they placed the leads side by side, so even at a worst case scenario, I can at least “have this”. 

I’ve been dreading and still do a little bit to watch the final episodes as this is really nearing the end… but I’ve received some words of support and encouragement  from people who’d been following my “journey” that this soon-to-end train wreck has been. Having chosen sleep over watching a couple previous episodes seemed to help, as well. 

So paraphrasing one of them, it might be difficult, but I hope I will watch over  Young Shin and Kyung Soo, and Jung Hoon (yes including him. I might not be exactly a fan of the character, but I’m genuinely fond of the actor), and the Diner family until the end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emily Bett said:

Spoilers for the wedding...like REALLY don't open it unless you want to be super spoiled

detective, where did you find this?:joy:

Spoiler

so GS and YS are getting married? ok

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • LOL 1