[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope not, the writers are crazy if they think YS and JH are an acceptable couple at this point. They really did nothing to endear JH to the audience and there's been barely any character development with him in the whole drama. Meanwhile they added so much depth to GS' character and kept charging up him and YS' interactions this whole time; it just doesn't make sense. My thing is, why did they even take the trouble to explore the taboo guardian-ward love storyline, if it wasn't gonna happen...it took a lot for some of us to really come to terms with the idea that they love each other romantically, only for it not to even happen? Honestly, if YS and GS don't end up together, it's better if YS just remains solo since it's too late to add another love interest for her at this point. 

Today's episode...  well that happened quickly and without drama.  Chairman needs a food taster and fast since the only way SJ gets her hands on the company now is as his wife if he dies before acknowledging YS as his daughter. 

OB and DJ make such a cute couple. 

48 minutes ago, catch22 said:

Let's hope not, the writers are crazy if they think YS and JH are an acceptable couple at this point. They really did nothing to endear JH to the audience and there's been barely any character development with him in the whole drama. Meanwhile they added so much depth to GS' character and kept charging up him and YS' interactions this whole time; it just doesn't make sense. My thing is, why did they even take the trouble to explore the taboo guardian-ward love storyline, if it wasn't gonna happen...it took a lot for some of us to really come to terms with the idea that they love each other romantically, only for it not to even happen? Honestly, if YS and GS don't end up together, it's better if YS just remains solo since it's too late to add another love interest for her at this point. 

I agree. Why set up all that angsty episodes for example a pretend date. Someone wrote about that. I did watch some of them cooking together after admitting loving each other( voiceovers).  But hasn't the chairman adopted him?  I heard KS calling him abuji. Then if he puts her in his register, they can't marry , right?

47 minutes ago, maribella said:

I agree. Why set up all that angsty episodes for example a pretend date. Someone wrote about that. I did watch some of them cooking together after admitting loving each other( voiceovers).  But hasn't the chairman adopted him?  I heard KS calling him abuji. Then if he puts her in his register, they can't marry , right?

He called the Chairman “father” because of the demon’s lies, but he was ultimately not adopted. The chairman even did ask Kyung Soo specifically, if he really didn’t want to become his son legally. And Kyung Soo, politely but firmly, made it clear once again that he doesn’t want to.

6 hours ago, maribella said:

So the idiot Chairman is still keeping the evil woman around? Why?

Exactly! HE has totally forgotten how YS told him this woman killed her mother. He has totally forgotten how he treated YS based on his WIFE's lies. It has not even dawned on him that his daughter knew she was his daughter but said nothing. He has not even gone back to asks about more details of this kidnapping and the reason for it. He is buying his wife's fake surprise and joy about him finding his daughter when she was just upset that she was not making her son continue to live there and work in the company. The man is totally an idiot and I wonder what will make him think and go back to the questions above?

Its going to be interesting to see how SIL handles this as well. She was willing to not help him find his daughter so her son could be the heir. Before she was on YS side as she knew YS would be fair to that side of the family but I wonder how she will suck up next now that YS is found to be his daughter. They just lied and framed her to get her kicked out. They tend to turn their faces so fast you get whiplash from their antics. So very shameless. I have no doubt that she will start speculating again about what happen and start dropping hints as well in order to get SJ out. 

Its interesting that they seem to forgot that YS won that competition and SJ was suppose to leave that restaurant. How long is it going to take for them to realize that woman is an evil witch who needs to be put down before she bites back once again? You can best believe that SJ is plotting something while smiling and hugging YS. After all she has done she is not going to let YS inherit if she can stop it. The chairman better do his business on the low because SJ will try to disrupt him changing his will if its not going to include her son or herself. 

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Its going to be interesting to see how SIL handles this as well. She was willing to not help him find his daughter so her son could be the heir. Before she was on YS side as she knew YS would be fair to that side of the family but I wonder how she will suck up next now that YS is found to be his daughter. They just lied and framed her to get her kicked out. They tend to turn their faces so fast you get whiplash from their antics. So very shameless. I have no doubt that she will start speculating again about what happen and start dropping hints as well in order to get SJ out. 

Its interesting that they seem to forgot that YS won that competition and SJ was suppose to leave that restaurant. How long is it going to take for them to realize that woman is an evil witch who needs to be put down before she bites back once again? You can best believe that SJ is plotting something while smiling and hugging YS. After all she has done she is not going to let YS inherit if she can stop it. The chairman better do his business on the low because SJ will try to disrupt him changing his will if its not going to include her son or herself. 

I think at this point, the SIL is gonna help progress the plot further by dropping hints and speculating about SJ to the chairman. Her son already said he doesn't feel equipped to take on the responsibility of running the company and just asks that chairman make provisions for him and his family to make a stable income from his estate. I think knowing how humble YS is, the brother and SIL won't feel bad about her inheriting everything because she's the gullible type that will still have mercy on them regardless of their past betrayals because they're now "family". 

I'm annoyed at SJ's fake loving stepmother act because it's obviously a ploy to maintain a clear line of communication and trust from the chairman. Despite everything she's done to him that he's fully witnessed, the chairman still somehow trusts her enough to confide his every move to her. If she acts overjoyed, then she'll know his every move because he won't do something as significant as re-writing his will without telling her about it first thinking that she's fine with YS inheriting everything. This will buy her time to devise a plan to block whatever he does moving forward. *Sigh* I can tell this drama is gonna be frustrating until the final 2 episodes, if not to the very end. 

2 hours ago, catch22 said:

I'm annoyed at SJ's fake loving stepmother act because it's obviously a ploy to maintain a clear line of

Why is YS still keeping quiet about the attempt on her life by this shameless, murderous female? Oops I forgot, ajusshi is so mentally weak, he is going to explode or implode if he finds out the truth. 

@catch22  your questions just reminded me that she was kicked out of the restaurant and house, now she is in his bedroom!

I am definitely staying away from this writer's work in future. She is insulting even my kdrama intelligence. But just a few more days to find out the final outcome.

@maribella

Sssshhhh... let's not jinx OB and DJ.  If she sticks with the original synopsis for OB, I'm with you. Writer-nim should be forever banished from k-drama land.  If things turn out badly only for those who deserve it--SJ, Manager Oh, the miscreant brother--then the k-drama "skies" should smile upon her yet another day.  From the preview of Ep.108--well, it didn't take long for YS to learn how to walk into a corporate HQ like a chaebol's daughter.   I guess this puts Mr. Proper JH in his place... which is nowhere near YS...  Cheers.

Ep. 108 without subtitles.   Is DJ's mom really going to sit up all night to make sure OB studies?  Even after working all day?  This woman gives Tiger Mom-in-Law teeth.  YOU ARE MY HERO!!!  Fighting, DJ's mom...

Looks like the beginning of SJ's fall is in tomorrow's episode. I loved that YS finally put SJ in her place by implying she was just filling in her own seat in the company this whole time; her tone was like she was dismissing an employee that doesn't serve any use to anyone anymore which is the treatment SJ rightly deserves. It looks like secretary Moon is now doing damage control and throwing her under the bus because YS is now the heir; he can't afford to lose his neck over her. I love that she's had so many people involved in her misdeeds that now that she's falling from grace, they're treating her like damaged collateral and implicating her misdeeds although they all deserve to get punished too.

Also, I don't care how much of a troubled character the writers have made her nephew, he's been complicit in her deeds despite being horrified of what she's been capable of doing. His reasoning for not getting involved isn't a strong case; how are you gonna contain a greedy individual with a skewed moral compass from hurting more people by turning a blind eye??? She's clearly a person that has such deep insecurity and unhappiness, that nothing will be enough to feed her hunger to be successful. Every time her nephew has a stroke of guilty conscience and thwarts her plans, I can't help but think how hypocritical he is. He stalks about coming forward to everyone and begging for forgiveness but why can't he do the same for his part in this mess?? Someone here previously said how can he eat at the same table as the chairman everyday and benefit off of him his whole life and allow things like this to play out and I agree. I don't even understand when he says he's doing things for his aunt's sake or that he's indebted to her, if I were him, I wouldn't be concerned for her because she clearly didn't raise him out of the goodness of her heart, she did it as a transaction for her brother's "sacrifice" for bloodying his hands for her success. Second reason she did it was in order to walk into that family with a puppet on her side to help her social-climbing ambitions because she knows the fact that his father was the one who directly killed Ji Sun, she could hold it against him if he acted up against her. She's treated him with zero affection and has only wanted him to serve as a minion; she's said many times that she doesn't care whether he sees her or not when he threatens that he'll cut her out of his life if she continues her path. She didn't even spare to think about adopting him even though he's spent most of his life with her, she thought to have KS who doesn't acknowledge her first.Then, there's absolutely no love lost between him and his father either...I just don't get this guy honestly...i'm one of those people that believes bloodline shouldn't be important enough to sully your hands for family. If you're a criminal who happens to share my blood, I'm not associating with you, simple as that. 

Yong Goo samchoon’s confession yesterday about not thinking he had anyone to rely on beyond his mother was just heartbreaking. I’m so happy he has Pil Sun and now his future baby. Truly one of the most wholesome characters on TV. I’m just LOL-ing imagining two pregnant women with crazy cravings coming to Kyung Soo every day for food :lol: LETS MAKE IT THREE PREGNANT WOMEN OKAY? #SorryNotSorry 

I loved seeing Young Shin finally in her rightful place. She looked stunning in her suit, blue really is Ryu Hyoyoung’s colour! Kyung Soo’s insistence on calling Youngshin formally continues to make my heart thump. I still think that they will end up together. They’ve been though so much, I don’t think the universe will be that cruel in the end.

I’m excited to see what this Friday’s cliffhanger will be. I hope it starts with S and ends with -ook Jung gets kicked out of the country.

This drama is not good. It look like writers want JH and YS. Preview show they are couple. That crazy. No build up at all no romance at all.

They are together. JH got what he wanted YS.

Why did writers didnt bring new girl for GS. Is about him. I FELT BAD FOR HIM.

I HATE Jh at all. I think it stupid. Ys and Jh is endgame

5 minutes ago, lindab12 said:

This drama is not good. It look like writers want JH and YS. Preview show they are couple. That crazy. No build up at all no romance at all.

They are together. JH got what he wanted YS.

Why did writers didnt bring new girl for GS. Is about him. I FELT BAD FOR HIM.

I HATE Jh at all. I think it stupid. Ys and Jh is endgame

LOL

I don't think so, it seems more like it's just for nostalgia, it's been a long time since the four of them have been together, JH will surely want to leave

Yeah, I think JH is humbled now because of YS' status, he's looking like he wants to love her from afar but I don't think there's any hope there. It's looking like either YS and GS will end up together at the very end when all the dust has settled or YS will remain single to the end.

Am I the only one who wasn't satisfied with SJ's reveal scene? I wanted some dramatic scene of bodyguards physically removing her off of the premises and getting kicked out without a car; she can walk or take a cab to KS if she wants LOL. I still don't get the nephew, why is he her driver after all this mess? You know what your aunt is gonna do by visiting GS, why are you taking her to him? I was also so irritated by her calling out for GS to be brought over to speak for her case to the chairman when we damn well know he wouldn't do such a thing...ma'am please don't latch onto your non-existent son as a safety net when all you were was a womb...at this point, he's never been her son it's just annoying that she's been throwing her "biological mother status" like it means something. The audacity she had to emotionally blackmail GS by giving him a dramatic show of her suicide, I don't understand what she hoped to achieve, attention? Did she think GS would go to the chairman and lie for her sake after witnessing that and she'd go free? After all of these confessions took place? How stupid and delusional. The chairman better kick her out with a penny, I really wanna see her slumming it after all she's done.

Seeing SJ get kicked out was *chefs kiss* YS finally spilled the tea and it was DIVINE. The most suitable ending for her is to be scouring around like the roach she is and forever be tormented by her ego. I hope they don't go trying to redeem her character at all.

I wonder if KS getting his full memories back will make him try and reform SJ or if the hatred will come back in full force and he's gonna disown her instead. I want it to be the latter.

I know the karaoke part was SO filler but I actually liked it. It just felt like one big family gathering. I do wish KS and YS would have joined in on the fun though, they rarely get to let loose.

Archived