[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

I think KS is gonna take her down with his own hands in the next couple episodes; even HE has his limits and SJ really misjudged him by making this move. When I look back at her behaviour, she is the definition of leap before looking. Every time she does something rash to get a step ahead, she gets a minor win but then eventually sets herself up for a big failure. Her greed and stupidity really surprises me at times, I can only assume the reason why she was able to pull it off for so long is that the Chairman is weak-willed and dumb. 

Btw, the preview for tomorrow is scaring me a little bit because it looks like SJ puts orders to kill in place for YS if things escalate and they tell the chairman that he's her father. Why does it feel like it's still possible for OB's character to be killed off? That scene where him and KS are searching for YS in the garage/warehouse looks ominous for bad things to come. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

So... with all speculations of what could have been possible or not, today’s episode went as predicted.

Spoiler

Kyung Soo and Oh Bok were able to find Young Shin, but Kyung Soo gets severely injured.

And of course it would be then that he finally tells her that he loves her... I suspected he would, and he did.

In the preview, why is the demon at the hospital and not prison? And she *still* blames Young Shin. No, you witch. This is all *you*. 

It’s rare for Mr Lee to really blow up like that, so at least I get to see that tomorrow.

The demon trying to blackmail the nephew emotionally (?) apparently involves her threatening to die... HA. Funny how he (eventually) called her out on that one. That she’s incapable of killing herself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

So... with all speculations of what could have been possible or not, today’s episode went as predicted.

Hide contents

Kyung Soo and Oh Bok were able to find Young Shin, but Kyung Soo gets severely injured.

And of course it would be then that he finally tells her that he loves her... I suspected he would, and he did.

In the preview, why is the demon at the hospital and not prison? And the RickRoll'D still blames Young Shin. It’s rare for Mr Lee to really blow up like that, so at least I get to see that tomorrow.

The demon trying to blackmail the nephew emotionally (?) apparently involves her threatening to die... HA. Funny how he (eventually) called her out on that one. That she’s incapable of killing herself.

Thanks for this, I needed it Happy Tom And Jerry GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

Reveal hidden contents

In the preview, why is the demon at the hospital and not prison? And the RickRoll'D still blames Young Shin. It’s rare for Mr Lee to really blow up like that, so at least I get to see that tomorrow.

Yes, I saw the preview, this witch, really, she annoys me that's why the truth will come out only towards the penultimate episode.
But KS told YS he loves her right before he passed out, so at least she known about his feelings for her. 

I'm betting on amnesia for him, it's obvious there, would be interested to see what will happen if the amnesia is really there, will he live with her, or his nasty vicious mother

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

Hide contents

At least OB is not killed. She 's in hospital? Maybe KS is still going 'she gave birth to me'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maribella said:

At least OB is not killed. She 's in hospital? Maybe KS is still going 'she gave birth to me'.

Well, he’s completely unconscious right now, so... ^^;;;

Yeah, at this point I think we can say OB is definitely safe (?).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am not sure if I can watch the hospital scene tomorrow. The miserable woman is shaking YS and as usual she is so passive and allows it. I say whack her at least once. It's called extreme provocation. The evil woman must be blaming YS.:cries3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I am not sure if I can watch the hospital scene tomorrow. The miserable woman is shaking YS and as usual she is so passive and allows it. I say whack her at least once. It's called extreme provocation. The evil woman must be blaming YS.:cries3:

Yep, she was blaming Young Shin over all this. That demon is still unable to see her own fault, not that I expected any less.  

Though it seems that Mr. Lee will give her a major yelling, and while probably it won’t be a wake up call for the demon, at least someone will be telling her some major facts to her face.

Speaking of Mr. Lee, kudos to him today. Sure, Kyung Soo was forced to hear the demon threaten Young Shin’s life, but Mr Lee was the one who actually sent Kyung Soo to the demon and had given a couple instructions... And thanks to that, they were able to confirm not only that Young Shin had indeed been kidnapped, but that she was also alive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I knew she would blame YS for KS' injury since it's been her delusional mind's way of justifying everything she's done until now; I think it's the only thought that hasn't completely mentally unhinged her otherwise she'd go crazy by the villainy she's committed.  She hates and envies YS to the point where everything is "because of her". Since we've gotten to this point, I just wanna see SJ in prison, no other conclusion will be satisfying. If the writers pull a whole redemptive plot and give them all a kumbaya moment on the last episode, I'll actually be so disappointed. I also can't see any endgame that doesn't include KS and YS together, hopefully YS now doesn't pull away for the sake of KS at this point I'm over the emotional distancing between the two. I also hope they don't stick to the amnesia trope for KS, the only benefit I see to it is him forgetting SJ and the only way for that to be effective, is if SJ realizes her mistakes and disappears out of him and YS' life for good out of repentance for her wrongdoings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The ending of ep.97 is pathetic!  How can GS get hit on the back of the head with a pipe coming from the left side and have a bloody temple and forehead on the right?  Go ahead, please send him on to Kdrama heaven with that stage work. I've never liked his weak-minded character anyway.  Maybe the hit will make him man up or have permanent amnesia.  As for YS, I've never liked her character either or the way she treated others.  Masked in all that doormat pseudo- sweetness, I see selfishness.  

• Awesome 1

What was missing from the previews of tomorrow's episode?  Anyone from the Kang family at the hospital to hear that YS is Kang's daughter.   Do we seriously have to wait until Friday for that news to come out and Kang have a heart attack?  Then, while he's unconscious and since she's still legally the wife, SJ will raid the company.   oy vej.

I would have called the police as well but no, just the two of them.

Luckily the writer gives the viewer some relief and created a smart Mr. Lee, lovely Sam Choon and PS, even stubborn JH has more character than KS. Just like KS, YS is so passive. YS takes after her father but KS? His mother, what can I say that has not be said. It's sad when the supporting actors are more watchable than the leads. I hope Uncle wins an award. His acting and his character are superb.

I had watched a couple of episodes of Amor Fati and thought it looked like Temptation of Wife. But the FL and ML are so pathetic, both played out by Evil mistress. I need a break from weak, passive and clueless leads for a while. 

Let's hope that bash on the head is the writer's twist into changing KS into a take charge person. 

I predict 5 episodes of coma while YS and Chairman get to become father and daughter.

So... today’s episode... 

Spoiler

Given reasons, including practical ones... I suspected that Kyung Soo would likely wake up sooner than later. And the pattern didn’t disappoint.

What did disappoint... but not surprise me, was the memory loss. I suspected it because of the number of episodes left, and it’s not like they could take the demon out of the picture yet. 

The demon will obviously take full advantage of Kyung Soo not remembering anything. According to the preview, she’s basically told him that she’s his mother, demands that now that Young Shin is gone from his memories, to get out of his life for good, yada yada... and takes him to the chairman’s house.

Btw, the chairman STILL doesn’t know the truth *facepalm*
(I won’t even get into that part)

It seems that Young Shin will take over the Diner in Kyung Soo’s absence, now that he leaves... Except he comes over later  because he wants his memories back, so he approaches Young Shin and the Diner family. 

(His facial expression made me think of a kid who’s a bit lost...)

This is the second time Jae Hee plays a character that suffers memory loss... At least it won’t be for a longer period of time since we have about four weeks left.

... that got long and is a bit of a rant mixed with rambling, haha.

Disappointed? At the predictability, yes. But it’s still part of this process and I’m surprisingly calm at the moment now that I let the whole thing process. 

(...or maybe it’s the sleep trying to take over because I got a little less than two hours of sleep -.-;;;)

• Like 3

I'm not really disappointed, I predicted it, memory loss, it is obvious that writers want to take advantage of this situation to strengthen their romantic feelings and put them together, there some already say pity on them, be careful I want that the witch pays for all the evil she did but YS can go and live her life

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluesappir said:

Btw, the chairman STILL doesn’t know the truth *facepalm*
(I won’t even get into that part)

It seems that Young Shin will take over the Diner in Kyung Soo’s absence, now that he leaves... Except he comes over later  because he wants his memories back, so he approaches Young Shin and the Diner family. 

After almost getting killed and the man she loves is living with her arch enemy, she's dishing out kimchi to the Diner family.  The father who is looking for her is none the wiser. So no police report, 'she's ajussi's Omma'. 

I am depending on you @bluesappirI'll break my iPhone if I watch it. It's not noble idiot anymore. Noble idiots are usually protective of their love ones so they do stupid things to protect them. 

I really don't think Uncle is the stupid one in the neighbourhood.

• Like 2

While I hate the whole amnesia trope, I'm looking forward to this opportunity for YS and KS to develop a relationship without him being aware of outside pressures. For once he's gonna be able to pursue his feelings without the my-mom-killed-your-mom guilt and it'll prove that memories or no memories, their bond is strong. I'm excited to hopefully see KS as a young and worry-free man who doesn't carry the weight of the world on his shoulders and the beautiful girl YS that he feels attracted to. No matter how much the devil is gonna try to break them apart, she can't.

That said, if CSJ isn't in jail by episode 120, I'm hosting a pitchfork party at the writers house, feel free to join! :lol:

On a positive note, the ratings jumped up to 7.4% yesterday, I'm guessing it'll be either the same or higher today once it gets assessed cause of KS's amnesia revelation. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Emily Bett R said:

While I hate the whole amnesia trope, I'm looking forward to this opportunity for YS and KS to develop a relationship without him being aware of outside pressures. For once he's gonna be able to pursue his feelings without the my-mom-killed-your-mom guilt and it'll prove that memories or no memories, their bond is strong. I'm excited to hopefully see KS as a young and worry-free man who doesn't carry the weight of the world on his shoulders and the beautiful girl YS that he feels attracted to. No matter how much the devil is gonna try to break them apart, she can't.

That said, if CSJ isn't in jail by episode 120, I'm hosting a pitchfork party at the writers house, feel free to join! :lol:

On a positive note, the ratings jumped up to 7.4% yesterday, I'm guessing it'll be either the same or higher today once it gets assessed cause of KS's amnesia revelation. 

After that initial reaction, once I let the whole ordeal get processed in my head, my reaction has been very similar to yours. While the preview is showing just one visit to the Diner, that wall that he had always kept around himself is completely gone at the moment. So yeah, this part involving Kyung Soo’s memory loss is definitely something that could turn out interesting to watch. 

Though the demon is still very much around, now even more than before... So who knows what she might try.

As for the ratings... Haha, people at the chat room were all celebrating (and laughing) about it. Most of us suspected that it would go up for that one, based on the massive reaction at the chat room and the number of views/likes/comments that the highlight videos (posted at Naver) received in such a short period of time.

• Insightful 1