[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

6 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I AGREE, I think so too, it's becoming more and more obvious

DJ has changed for the better, but not JH. Therefore I feel DJ should fall in love with OB instead.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I wonder if the writer is going with the original plan for OB of killing him off or if the plan has changed cause viewers love him more than JH. 

I want OB to end up with DJ too! He can treat her right AND keep her grounded at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Thank goodness that 'secret' is finally busted by the person who should have done it ages ago. I am not sure if motherless or adopted people could understand KS' dilemma. I did not. It made him seem weak and uncaring of the pain his birth mother inflicted on others. 

The preview showed somebody loaded into an ambulance. I hope it's not OB. The President's reaction to the secret seems like ' hmm really?' I don't see him collapsing, but evil Mrs.  Choi maybe?

Edit: I had been watching the last five minutes and preview of the last few episodes ( can't stand evil Mrs. Choi playing everyone) so I did not catch YS lying to the President about the recipes but caught Manager Seo talking to her. This is a prime example of a ' noble idiot' character that is common in kdramas. Usually, the FL or ML. The writer has been making KS to be a tortured man with principles. A son who cannot destroy an evil woman because she gave birth to him. His struggles against his developing feelings for YS and her  perceived better future outside the village.

Based on the show ' You are too much', I am guessing, KS will turn away YS so that she can use her special talents and become an international chef. In that show, the tortured ML became a priest (or a monk ?) to end all hopes of his gf. I don't see KS as a priest but probably going far away.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Good lord!!!

Is there a logic to this story? I actually watched 2/3 of this episode thinking how strong KS was. Then the preview showed evil SJ being kicked out and she moved into KS' house, YS' room. All KS could do was look shocked.

I really don't understand the mother card. She had killed YS' mum, KS' father too if I remember a few scenes, she had forced poor delusional DJ to spread a vicious rumour about her own son and Lord knows what other evil things she had done. She should be in prison for life. But there she was at the dinner table with the Diner family. I would not trust her in my house much less cook with me if I were KS. The woman is capable of murder.

• Like 2

Greetings, all.  Okay, so...  now I see why all the insinuations regarding the "inappropriate" relationship between YS and GS.  It was so the writer could take the drama where it appears to be going according to the preview for Episode 83.  SJ moves in with GS in order to push him into marriage with YS so that she can acquire the company via the marriage of her son to her soon-to-be ex-husband's daughter.  And before that happens, she wants YS to either kill JG or facilitate his murder so she can pin that on YS like she used her brother to get rid of YS's mother.  You gotta give the woman credit for criminal creativity.  Maybe its a cultural thing but I'm getting pretty darn tired of YS being at the receiving end of SJ's evil.  Its one thing to be docile and obedient to your elders, its another to be the doormat for a woman who has been doing you evil since before you were born.  There's something I'm missing and maybe someone can fill me in...  SJ has an almost maniacal obsession with destroying her husband's company (and family) and I don't think it was just about the relationship between her husband and YS's mother.  The former restaurant where she was a dishwasher keeps coming up, the "family" she was supposed to marry into when she either seduced, at her mother's urging or on her own, GS's father.  Did that restaurant become the one she's now trying to steal from her husband?  When she talks about what she's "owed" why does she think JG, his family or his company owes it to her?  My skin crawls at the idea of her pushing YS and GS to marry for her own ends knowing, as she does, YS is JG's biological daughter, and we all know how that truth will come out as someone is walking down the aisle.  SJ doesn't just hate YS, she wants to destroy her--her talent as a cook, her reputation in the village, and now using her confusion with regard to her feelings for GS to morally ruin the young girl.  SJ is a monster almost unprecedented in any of the dramas I've watched.  But there's a piece of the puzzle missing here, something that links the "Y" restaurant, YS's mother, JG's family and that link is YS.  I think the key is GS.  There's a reason his father dropped YS off with him and I don't think it was just necessity, he could have left her at an orphanage and this drama still would have worked.  No, he left YS with GS because he believed GS had some sort of "duty" to protect her.  I used to think it was just because he knew YS's true parentage and he left her with her step-brother-by-marriage after SJ married JG.  But now I'm thinking there's more to the picture than just that...  Any ideas out there?  Cheers.

Edited by Chickpea
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

No, he left YS with GS because he believed GS had some sort of "duty" to protect her.  I used to think it was just because he knew YS's true parentage and he left her with her step-brother-by-marriage after SJ married JG.  But now I'm thinking there's more to the picture than just that...  Any ideas out there?  Chee

Once the revelation of YS’s parentage made me realize there is a reason why GS was forced to raise YS. 
At first, ai refused to believe that GS was that evil’s woman’s child. He is nothing like any of his parents. Evil woman life was horrible and never learned to love because she was never loved herself. Just like her brother, he too have no morals but their children has morals. I used to fantasize that GS wasn’t really that evil woman’s child and she was never notified that her child died. Here she is thinking that GS is her child but turn out he wasn’t which will give GS the motivation to stop her evil ways. Those Kdrama always pull the bloodline to keep the good kids from turning on their evil parents. The only way they can stop them is if there aren’t related at all. 

• Like 3

Choi Sook-Jung MUST die in the end, otherwise I don't see how Kyung-Soo or Young-Shin can live peacefully or quietly together anymore. 

Seeing how she has comfortably parked herself in Kyung-Soo's house and him accepting his fate by allowing her to do so, he has sealed his fate with Young-Shin.  Young-Shin being the filial and docile D-I-L, she will allow Sook-Jung to control her and doing what Sook-Jung wants using her M-I-L's authority.

In the end, I think Kyung-Soo will remain single and keeps his mother in check and to avoid her making demands on Young-Shin.

Or, Young-Shin will inherit her father's inheritance, become a successful women Chef & businesswomen and in the end of the drama will see her in her office window looking into the horizon and reminisces .....

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Greetings, Drama Family

Thoughts on Episode 83.  Well, if she's nothing else, SJ is consistent.  She used and discarded GS's father, she used and discarded JG and his family and now she's moved in to use and (discard) her son and/or YS.  I think I'm beginning to see the outline for what some in this thread have alluded to, the possibility of one of the supporting characters meeting an early demise.  What am I saying?  SJ has already used and discarded both GS and YS--GS after she left him with the Y restaurant family to go pursue JG and YS when she repeatedly stole her recipies by threats or false promises and guilt.  I love (in a cynical sense) how she tells GS that she plans on making his life and that of everyone around him absolute misery.  What I didn't see coming, but probably should have, is MG's response to the call from the people searching for YS (or JG's biological daughter).  So now only SJ and her nephew know the biological daughter and inheritor exists and who she is.  In this drama, that's game over.  I only hope the nephew, who seems to have grown a conscience, will step up and prevent his Aunt from doing any more evil to these good people.  Eager for Grandma's delicious response in tomorrow's episode to SJ disrespecting Uncle.  SJ is on Grandma's turf now, she better watch out.  Grandma fighting!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chickpea said:

Greetings, Drama Family

Thoughts on Episode 83.  Well, if she's nothing else, SJ is consistent.  She used and discarded GS's father, she used and discarded JG and his family and now she's moved in to use and (discard) her son and/or YS.  I think I'm beginning to see the outline for what some in this thread have alluded to, the possibility of one of the supporting characters meeting an early demise.  What am I saying?  SJ has already used and discarded both GS and YS--GS after she left him with the Y restaurant family to go pursue JG and YS when she repeatedly stole her recipies by threats or false promises and guilt.  I love (in a cynical sense) how she tells GS that she plans on making his life and that of everyone around him absolute misery.  What I didn't see coming, but probably should have, is MG's response to the call from the people searching for YS (or JG's biological daughter).  So now only SJ and her nephew know the biological daughter and inheritor exists and who she is.  In this drama, that's game over.  I only hope the nephew, who seems to have grown a conscience, will step up and prevent his Aunt from doing any more evil to these good people.  Eager for Grandma's delicious response in tomorrow's episode to SJ disrespecting Uncle.  SJ is on Grandma's turf now, she better watch out.  Grandma fighting!

I have given up hope on GS. He huff and puff but in the end he just doesn't have the guts to throw his mother out his diner and slam the door in her face even when she has told him right in his face that she is going to destroy YS until the day she dies. Technically SJ is not eligible to call herself a mother because she only just gave birth to him, sold him and has never in a single day of her life taken care of GS. GS doesn't owe her anything, nothing.

While SJ is in the diner creating havoc for her son and his diners, there is another storm brewing in the JONG family.  MK is finally in the driver's seat and is trying to get her son instated as the heir to the Jong's treasures and forbades her husband to tell JW that he has a daughter and is doing everything he can to find her.  MK is greedy no doubt, but in terms of evilness she is a far cry from SJ.

I still don't like JH and when he goes on his high & mighty attitude scolding GS that GS has caused all the mess and that YS has still not accepted him as his girlfriend.  Doesn't he get it that YS does not like him anymore it's because of his lousy attitude and not because of GS.

• Like 5

I wonder if it's really OB who is going to die. In the group picture, Mr. Lee is missing. His absence would hit KS more that OB's death. Maybe precipitating some real action from him.

I saw Jaehee once in Sassy girl CY. He was quite funny. Perhaps orphans or adopted people can empathise with KS. The evil woman lived with his parents for many years until  she found a better fish to fry. Perhaps that was the bond that developed between him and the woman. Or did she leave him when he was still a baby? 
Either way, the writer has not created a heroic character.

I have not seen a drama where the ML dies, except for that tissue soaker show Autumn story which I watched with Kleenex.

• Like 3

So very happy that Pil-Sun took the initiative to propose to Gyung-Soo.  It was a heartwarming scene.  Was also super relief that trouble maker Sook-Jung was not in the proposal dinner with all the diners.  She would have said something sarcastic about everyone and spoil the dinner.

• Like 7