[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

Although Jang Yong-Goo is born slow-witted, he has show he has much more understanding of what love is than say, Park Jung-Hoon (who is narcissist). Yong-Goo is willing to sacrifice his love for Hwang Pil-Sun to protect her from her brother's tirade.  He has compassion for his mother and try to protect her from embarrassment and hurt from Pil-Sun's angry brother confrontation.  Yong-Goo deserves loves from Pil-Sun and I hope she is able to persuade her brother to get to know Yong-Goo so that he can see that Yong-Goo is a good person who loves her very much.

I am also surprised with the 360 degree change for the better from Lee Da-Jung. Initially I thought she was hatching some plans again to hurt Young-Shin but in Ep.76, she seems genuinely happy for Young-Shin and has apologized again for the bad things she has done to her.  I like to think the change is because of the constant loyalty and attention as well as the warm and love by O-Bok showered on her.  I really really hope this stay with her because I hate the always angry, mad and spiteful Da-Jung.

I like Young-Shin's never-give-up attitude.  She is now suspicious of Choi Sook-Jung's involvement in her mother's accident and is going to taunt her mercilessly until she gets to the truth.  I also like that Sook-Jung's brother is giving her hell now.  He should continue to be the jackass and gives his sister some more distraction, fear and anxiety not knowing what surprises he will spring on her.

• Like 5

Hmmm..  do we think SJ will try to have her brother reprise the accident that killed YS mother to kill the daughter?  I've seen in this thread OB is scheduled to die in the drama.   It would fit his character to do so bravely while trying to save YS and after having accomplished his dream of passing the college entrance exams.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

They are white-washing the evil woman. At 21, she was forced by her mother to have a baby and make money. 

So at 60, she is still manipulating to become the President? That may seem logical to some people but not to me. Having a baby out of wedlock happens in every society, but killing a young mother, using a young girl's dreams, manipulating your weak son to further your ambitions, those are only dastardly deeds of a few.

Sorry to those who like KS. He is a weak man who watched DJ turned into a psycho and YS being made used because the Evil woman was his birth mother.  It's true DJ and YS have done their parts, but the evil woman while bitterly complained to Chef Choi of what happened to her at 21, has not developed any compunction at 60, do on to others what her mother did to her or worse. Now that KS has pledged his love for YS and has said that he wanted to protect her - which he should have been doing as her carer-  let us see if he is brave enough to tell the truth about his mother. Many had been hurt by his hiding the fact of his relationship to the evil woman.

Maybe now we will get another twist, YS will refuse to acknowledge her father and hide her mother's murder so that she can have a relationship with KS?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Aww I liked the YS and KS scenes today.

I loved it too. 

I hate KS’s uncle. He wants to act all righteous now but doesn’t reprimanded his own father. Smh shm 

• Like 3

Ugh the past few weeks have been killer for me but I’ve finally finished my PHD as of this morning so I’m finally free to come back on here and hang out with y’all!

First of all, I’m loving all of Yong Goo and Pil Sun’s moments. They’re legit so wholesome, I can’t handle the cuteness! Yong Goo is the ultimate kdrama samchoon, he’s amazing and deserves everything good in life. The way he just comforts all the diner kids and doesn’t judge them for anything EVER, I tear up when I watch him. I just want Pil Sun and Yong Goo to end up together.

As for Young Shin and Kyung Soo, all aboard, the ship is about to sail. Honestly I’m glad Kyung Soo is taking a stance for Young Shin, she chased him for a while and now it’s his turn to show her that it’s mutual. The Namsan date and yesterday’s hug was just so endearing. I love these two together.

One thing I like is that both Jong Kwon and Won Soo have stated that no matter what direction KS/YS take their relationship, they are in full support of them. I really love that cause it shows that both have been true father figures to our leads (WS has been KS’s while JW is YS’s) and will allow their kids to follow their hearts. It’s refreshing to see, instead of the usual families pitted against one another drama we get in dailies. I really also want to continue seeing Min Kyung support Young Shin, she could really use a mother figure in that family and I really enjoy watching her fulfill her dream of having a daughter through YS.  

Now if only we can arrange for the WTOD to make a visit to Sook Jung...honestly I have zero empathy for that woman, no matter what experiences she went through when she was younger. Nothing excuses the horribleness and greed that she possesses. 

• Like 2

I’m loving all of Yong Goo and Pil Sun’s moments. 

Yes, Young Shin and Kyung Soo, all aboard, the ship is about to sail. Honestly I’m glad Kyung Soo is taking a stance for Young Shin, she chased him for a while and now it’s his turn to show her that it’s mutual. I am so glad.

13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I loved it too. 

I hate KS’s uncle. He wants to act all righteous now but doesn’t reprimanded his own father. Smh shm 

Awesome, yeah same.

• Like 4

Ep. 79 without subtitles.   It has to be said:  SJ's husband is a fool and as the adage goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.  That said, it seems KJ found out from the horses mouths their complicity in YS's mother's death.

But if this drama goes the way they usually do, after SJ climbs into the President's position the truth will start to come out.   So after 40 hours of watching SJ lie, cheat, manipulate and steal, I am finally looking forward to someone putting an end to her misery and mine.  Cheers.

Okay.  Editing this after watching with subtitles.  YS is a bigger fool than the husband. 

Editing again.  I'm bowing (metaphorically) to the drama gods that Mr. Jang isn't a sentimental fool and that he does the right thing.

• Like 3

They need to change the synopsis of this story and title to loving my older brother and cooking ,look I’m ok with the age gap with their romance if they met by accident when she is an adult but  it’s just creepy when he raise her that is preville that’s just wrong,is sad when they change a spunky little girl and write her character to be the obsessive women in love with the man who raise her to this personality and all he do is nod and smile which I hatenasty adelayo adedayo GIF by BBC

• Like 1

I episode 79, I really really feel like slapping Young-Shin hard in the face.  She has in one move undo what Gyung-Soo has been trying to make his mother face her consequences.  When the Chairman asked her whether it is true that she develops her recipes and not his wife, she should have tell him the truth about everything.  By lying that it was his wife's recipes she is effectively telling the Chairman that his wife has been telling the truth all along and Gyung-Soo is the liar.  He is the man you love, how can you do that to him?

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

13 minutes ago, renaoh said:

I episode 79, I really really feel like slapping Young-Shin hard in the face.  She has in one move undo what Gyung-Soo has been trying to make his mother face her consequences.  When the Chairman asked her whether it is true that she develops her recipes and not his wife, she should have tell him the truth about everything.  By lying that it was his wife's recipes she is effectively telling the Chairman that his wife has been telling the truth all along and Gyung-Soo is the liar.  He is the man you love, how can you do that to him?

EXACTLY! Like why would she do that? Does she think after all the evil woman has done, KS would WANT any kind of relationship with his birth-giver? It was so stupid, YS needs to stop being a martyr, she's harming those who actually stick up for her (Kyung Soo, Min Kyeong, etc).

• Like 5

So the person plays JungHoon's dad is the writer and the director for this drama. He seems like a nice easy going outside. Makes me like this drama more.

JaeHee wears GANT clothes, look very good on him. Like!.

Even though Ms Choi is bad, but most of the time she makes sense. I actually like watching her and see what she will do next. I like how she fake fainting, it's funny. And how she stay so calm, when Kyung Soo is so angry. She's good. 

I think Kyung Soo is upset and all, but I think he miss her as mother.

Waiting for happy ending

• Like 2

Ep 80 with subs.  Bowing emogi to the drama gods for answered prayers...  GS is not a fool, love gives courage.   I just wish he would have added "and she paid $1 million to kill YS's mother".  And Uncle calling PS's brother...  that took courage too.  Love gives courage to protect and courage to do the right thing even if it's not the easy thing.  I just want to touch on all this forbidden love stuff.  I think it's for the purpose of dragging out the drama and in context all the evil minds, like SJ, putting it out there is causing everyone including YS and GS to wonder about their relationship is understandable.   But I don't hear either YS or GS talk about wanting to make a family which is why I think the end of this story will have GS with the woman who came to the diner before, his college sweetheart and YS enjoying her newfound father, family and rebuilding the company.   I think DJ will get her way and end up with JH since as a chaebol, YS is out of his league.  Those are just my thoughts.  Happy weekend...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Chickpea said:

I think DJ will get her way and end up with JH since as a chaebol, YS is out of his league.  Those are just my thoughts.  Happy weekend...

I AGREE, I think so too, it's becoming more and more obvious

• Like 3
  • Blob 1