[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

This drama ends on the same day as Monte Cristo.

The new dramas are The Second Husband: writer Seo Hyun Joo of Pink Lipstick

Uhm Hyun Kyung  A Man in a Veil

Lee Chang Yup  Liver or Die

Oh Seung Ah  Bad Love

Han Ki Woong  Mother of Mine  

The other drama is Red Shoes: writer Park Ki Hyun 

Choi Myung Gil of Gracious Revenge

So Yi Hyun of Who are You

Park Yoon Jae of Unknown Women

Jung Yoo Min of Unasked Family

Shin Jung Yoon of Brilliant Heritage

Source: My dramalist

• Thanks 3

Saw preview with english ssubtitlesIt official JH and Ys hooking up. I done.

He stay not going to medical school. What type of romance is this.

YS spend more time with GS now it officially Ended. I upset.

Writers didnt do no good at Ys romancing JH. What is that. No holding hand no kissing none. Now last 14 episode writer trying to get YS and JH together .  Unbelievable

This is why I quit watching romance on show especially long drama. I was disappointed in last three drama.

Congrats JH FOR WINNING YS IN LAST 10 EPISODE LOL THEIR ARE ENDGAME.

HE POUR OUT HIS FEELINGS FOR HER

• Confused 2

@lindab12 I didn't see any hooking up going on in the preview, not sure where you're getting that impression from. I think JH is now finally making peace with himself and not being as aggressive anymore. As four friends, they're all definitely amicable but I don't think they're hinting at any JH-YS romance :blink: 

With 10 episodes left, I think the writer is going to distance YS and KS a little to let them grow and become independent so they can establish that they aren't in love BECAUSE they were a pseudo family but rather IN SPITE of that fact. I think distance is going to make the heart grow fonder and YS-KS will come together eventually by the end :wub:

We've seen a lot of the previews being deceptive to get audiences watching. I think you should keep watching so you can see how JH-YS stay amicable and friends, but nothing more :) 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

There are so many weird writers. 

The Evil woman should be allowed to commit suicide. The other episodes could show how she failed and ended up in a wheel chair, ergo atoning for her sins. But I see the mother card is going to played till the last episode.

Da Bok? I wonder if has a meaning.

• Like 6

I see where you're coming from @lindab12 a lot of these long dramas have horrible endings so it's natural that you think it'll end with YS and JH but like Emily said, I think the writers are giving YS and KS space until the dust settles on everything. I think at this stage, JH has realized his aggressive tactic of cornering YS isn't gonna get the message across to her that he truly loves her so he's decided to show her by giving her more breathing room and just trying to be there for her as a friend first. I think he's honestly still holding out for when she'll get over KS and look at him, hence the decision for him to stay in the village. I still think he's problematic, YS won't obviously look at him at this point so why is he centering big life decisions such as staying in the village on her when she's told him repeatedly she's not interested? Ultimately, his actions are detrimental for his own growth and he's stunting his ability to move on with someone else who'll cherish him more.  I agree that the writers are probably trying to slowly but surely transition JH into a friend, I think he also needs time to grasp how indestructible YS and KS' connection is. 

@maribella You're right, I thought I was the only one unsatisfied with the consequences of her crimes. She didn't even beg for mercy at all at any point, in the preview for tomorrow she looks like she still thinks the universe owes her something. I'm annoyed every time she talks about being KS' mom honestly. Big props to the actress who plays her, it takes talent for someone to get the audience to truly hate them, I won't lie the only reason I've hung in there for so long with this poorly written drama is to watch her downfall LOL. 

I initially thought the chairman would be in a coma after that huge confession but surprisingly he handled it well for someone who has already suffered a heart attack from KS' hidden son reveal at the board meeting. Wonder how they're gonna have the chairman interact with KS and how they're gonna have him give permission to YS and KS down the road...Even though he cherishes KS, bloodline is a huge thing in South Korea, most people aren't able to escape the taint of their family member's sins so easily. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Emily Bett said:

With 10 episodes left, I think the writer is going to distance YS and KS a little to let them grow and become independent so they can establish that they aren't in love BECAUSE they were a pseudo family but rather IN SPITE of that fact. I think distance is going to make the heart grow fonder and YS-KS will come together eventually by the end :wub:

I think their distancing is definitely happening, and I can only hope that whatever nonsense Kyung Soo will speak this time will not stick in the long run. The angst is not quite over for him and Young Shin yet. I just hope that him having gotten his head hit twice won’t play a bigger role other than bringing his memories back. That was one concern among some of the audience earlier today. 

@Emily Bett Here’s to hoping for the same. At this point I cannot imagine these two with anyone else, not after how far they’ve come with their story. 

34 minutes ago, maribella said:

Da Bok? I wonder if has a meaning.

Not really. It’s just a combination of the first and last syllables of the parents’ names, Da Jung and Oh Bok. Korean couples sometimes name the child before birth, so that they can refer to the child by name during the pregnancy. One of the more common ways of naming the child in such cases is to take one syllable from each parent and bring them together into a new name. 

I have no idea if Da Jung and Oh Bok are naming the child for the duration of the pregnancy or if they really chose Da Bok as the kid’s official name, though XD

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

I just hope that him having gotten his head hit twice won’t play a bigger role other than bringing his memories back. That was one concern among some of the audience earlier today. 

If he needs a third whack on the head to stay firm on his feelings for YS, I volunteer as tribute! 

Kid Hit GIF by MOODMAN

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, catch22 said:

to get the audience to truly hate them, I won't lie the only reason I've hung in there for so long with this poorly written drama is to watch her downfall LOL

You are not the only one, many were disgusted about the direction of KS-YS relationship in beginning but we have to put up with it to see SJ bite the dust. Or rather ground into the dust. I was intrigued by the summary that said OB died, and the kids were so cute. I ended up watching more episodes and must find out the ending.

I remember  the Chairman talking about the relationship saying that YS had  known only KS, so he understood that she would feel attached or attracted to him. If the writer remembers this, we can see objections.

@bluesappir With the new headbump, it's to return the memories, I'm sure. But will he continue to be the new KS? I hope the mother card does not paralyse him again.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I told u guys JH and YS going out. I hate it.

Chairman father and JH father are good friends. Look like I was right.

They will end up with each other

Guess what they getting married lol writer plan it stupid. Arrange marriage.

• Sad 1

After the latest bombshell plus one page of the script I saw by chance (and they humored me later on and showed the part that was blurry and hard to read)… I can only say I’m beyond devastated by the new turn of events. I even updated my blog to comment that I’ll be pausing my usual reviews because there’s only so much I can handle. 

Young Shin’s feelings for Kyung Soo haven’t changed, and whatever Jung Hoon is currently playing at, to be honest, it feels like he’s only changed tactics but is far from having given up on getting her. His behavior change in the past couple days plus the preview made me somehow hate him even more.

It looks like the angst will keep for a while as well. 

Sorry, guys. I don’t remember the last time I got this heartbroken over a fictional character.

• Sad 2

Drama was Fatal promise when girl had high school crush on main guy. But spend 90 episode On second lead guy who she never had feelings with.

I disappoint because Poster and summary said KS care about her. I thought he was Main lead guy but I doubt it.

JH is main lead guy and KS is second lead guy. They did it backwards on it.

I hate JH and disappoint romance area. Terrible drama because for past episode Storyline and Poster I see had KS YS and SJ together. But other poster had group photo.

Writers had lied to us all. Drama is not good because ratings is low. They did terrible job who YS end up with.

JH and YS going to end up married because that direction they wanted. Ks end up alone and they didnt bring him no love interest for him at all. Ks will have his mom. The build up With KS and YS was fake and made audiences Believe they will end up together. Not going to happen. Congrat JH for winning YS

26 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

After the latest bombshell plus one page of the script I saw by chance (and they humored me later on and showed the part that was blurry and hard to read)… I can only say I’m beyond devastated by the new turn of events. I even updated my blog to comment that I’ll be pausing my usual reviews because there’s only so much I can handle. 

Young Shin’s feelings for Kyung Soo haven’t changed, and whatever Jung Hoon is currently playing at, to be honest, it feels like he’s only changed tactics but is far from having given up on getting her. His behavior change in the past couple days plus the preview made me somehow hate him even more.

It looks like the angst will keep for a while as well. 

Sorry, guys. I don’t remember the last time I got this heartbroken over a fictional character.

I hate JH even more to. Not good pairing. Writers lies to us

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, lindab12 said:

Guess what they getting married lol writer plan it stupid. Arrange marriage.

Haven't seen the episode yet but saw the preview, in my opinion it's just filler episodes, I don't think they're going to get married, it's just before the finale between YS and KS, I guess JH will see for himself that YS doesn't like him, I mean it's obvious the writers won't put YS and JH together.

On the other hand, I find it a shame that throughout the 110 episodes who passed, we didn't have any real romance for YS, no kiss, no dating, no many flowers, nothing

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, bluesappir said:

She still loves KS but she's marrying JH because the fathers said so? :hushed:

I don't like the KS-YS pairing but why get him beaten up and for almost two weeks, KS was hitting on YS, even asking her to be his date. Didn't he? I don't like JH-YS even more now. The writer had not made him endearing at all. All he did was being jerky towards everyone.

This writer wrote ' You are too much' , I still did not get the connection between the title and the show. This one is doing the same thing to me. What on earth is she doing? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

She still loves KS but she's marrying JH because the fathers said so? :hushed:

Not marriage, at least not right now. But the family is now trying to set her up with someone, and Jung Hoon is trying to make this into an opportunity. Young Shin, according to the preview, sort of sees what they’re (and he) are trying to do and looks unimpressed.

But the thing is, it’s hard to be at peace with the whole thing anyway because now Kyung Soo is suspected to have lung cancer, and some time in one of the future episodes (I couldn’t read the last number, it was too blurry), he literally says that… 

Spoiler

… his last wish is to see her wedding.

So yeah. I know I’ll stick with this for Jae Hee, and also everyone who worked so hard for this drama. But the following episodes will be no bed of roses… or maybe it is. They’re full of thorns, no?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

They must have changed the plot, instead of OB, it's KS.

That seems in line with you are too much. 

JH's father I remember graduated from a top engineering school. So even though he is now impoverished, he had chosen to be so. So JH has some standing? He is med school, that's another plus. But really, the family should aim for someone rich and smart, not just had potential or with potential.

It's two more weeks. 

Big C strikes again. In Kdramas, they don't just have diabetes or high bp or chicken pox...

• Sad 1

What on Earth is happening? Who decided that THIS is the direction that the show should go after 110 episodes? WHY? The only daily that I've seen where the male lead doesn't end up with the female lead was The Secret of My Love and that ML deserved being alone so it was okay. THIS? THIS IS NOT OKAY.

I don't get how the one person who has lived his life in absolute tragedy, struggling from a young age, having to do everything on his own, not having a single parent to support him, etc has to suffer even more? KS literally spent his youth feeding people for minimal pay just so everyone has a warm meal. He has spent his entire life for other people, whether it be in service to his community or for YS. The devil just gets divorced (not even jail time for literal murder and kidnapping but KS is the one paying for her sins?

JH has been an absolute twat this entire show, I wouldn't want YS to settle for him even IF KS was gone. I'd rather her remain single for the rest of her life than marry an abuser and narcissist like him. 

1 hour ago, bluesappir said:

So yeah. I know I’ll stick with this for Jae Hee, and also everyone who worked so hard for this drama. But the following episodes will be no bed of roses… or maybe it is. They’re full of thorns, no?

I'm gonna do this too but I'm gonna have to go to Walmart and get a big pack of tissues first. I have a feeling that we're gonna need it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Really? where are you seen that? in this last episode?

At the ending of the episode, while he was at the doctor’s appointment. They found some suspicion while they were getting him checked. 

• Like 3