[Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라

SC2019

MBC PRESENTS

A Good Supper/Be a Meal, 밥이 되어라

Be-A_Meal-tp2.jpg

Drama: A Good Supper (English title) / Be a Meal (literal title)
Hangul: 밥이 되어라
Director: Baek Ho-Min
Writer: Ha Chung-Ok
Network: MBC
Episodes: 120
Release Date: January 11, 2021 --
Runtime: Monday-Friday 19:15-19:50
Language: Korean

PLOT SYNOPSIS

“Supper” is a shabby Korean restaurant in the countryside near a small train station. Young-shin is in her third year of high school, but while her classmates to straight to academies after school, she rushes to the market to buy cheap ingredients to cook with. It’s to cook a warm dinner for customers that need a meal that only costs 4 dollars. Young-shin learned how to cook from Gyung-soo, the owner of the restaurant, since she was little. There were regulars that paid meal tickets at the restaurant when she first step foot in it. She grew up with Jung-hoon, who moved to the countryside with his father that got divorced by his mother, Oh-bok, who was raised by his old grandmother after his parents abandoned him and Da-jung, who usually ate at Supper because both her parents worked. They became closer than most siblings over 12 years. 4 young people show up in Gyung-soo’s life, unraveling a lively story of love, friendship, ambition and forgiveness.

Main Cast

• Jung Woo Yun as Young Shin
  • Kim Si Ha (김시하) as child Young Shin
  • Jae Hee as Jung Kyung Soo
  • Kwon Hyuk (권혁) as Park Jung Hoon
  • Seo Yoon Hyuk as child Jung Hoon
  • Kang Da Hyun (강다현) as Lee Da Jung
  • Lee So Yoon (이소윤) as child Da Jung
  • Jo Han Joon (조한준) as Jang Oh Bok
  • Han Chang Min (한창민) as child Oh Bok

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList  | Dramawiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

Thanks for the thread.. 

Am I the only one who thinks that JH is totally out of his mind? He is so out of control and consumed with jealousy of GS that its not funny. He is totally shameless in the things he says and does after all he has done to DJ and said to others in that town. He knows he is part of the reason DJ acted out that way and he totally did her wrong after the way her parents took care of him. YS was right he moved on like nothing happen wanting to date YS in DJ's face never caring about the friendship between the two girls he is so very selfish and self centered. 

I expect him to find out where YS is living and show up there daring to call himself her boyfriend even though YS has broken up with him and has been cold to him. If this does happen I hope YS lets him have it again and makes him realize he will never get to be with her contrary to his running around thinking that she will end up with him. His jealousy of GS is all consuming as he knows he never had a chance with her and that YS was just not that into him. He is still trying to separate GS and YS but even if he does YS will never come to him. 

• Like 6

This writer does not go halfway. He turned DJ into a raving maniac, now JH is an obnoxious jealous ex Bf. OB is always a doormat for DJ.  Uncle is loyal to boot to the market lady, but it's so sweet that she returns. The way they are rebuilding their relationship over meals and coffee, :loveu:

• Like 6

12 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Thanks for the thread @SC2019

Yeah, I am not liking JH right now as well.

I kinda agree with everything that has been said about JH, I still think DJ and JH will end up together. Currently they are both less emotionally unstable, they are both immature, but I think the next episodes will make them grow and they will realize their hearts, that can happen towards the end of the drama. And let's not forget that they grew up together.

For GS and YS, we all talked about it several times in the old tread, I found everyone's point of view very interesting, before I was against their possible future romantic relationship, now I'm divided, I don't know really not what to say more, but JH and YS could make a beautiful couple, especially that JH is very handsome and sexy :love:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I kinda agree with everything that has been said about JH, I still think DJ and JH will end up together. Currently they are both less emotionally unstable, they are both immature, but I think the next episodes will make them grow and they will realize their hearts, that can happen towards the end of the drama. And let's not forget that they grew up together.

For GS and YS, we all talked about it several times in the old tread, I found everyone's point of view very interesting, before I was against their possible future romantic relationship, now I'm divided, I don't know really not what to say more, but JH and YS could make a beautiful couple, especially that JH is very handsome and sexy 

Hopefully he grows as a person soon, I could see a JH & DJ and GS and YS endgame.

• Like 2

They all look old for being in their early twenties. When YS stands next to KS, it's hard to believe they have a 16-17 year difference. The actress is 28 thereabouts. Maybe they could give the girls a different hairstyle to make them look young. 

I think the writer should send them all away and get to work in other places, come back in their late twenties and be ready to settle down. So any pairing would mean a careful choice and not a carryover of their youthful crush. But that's mixing reality with kdrama. The writer might have other ideas.

I am happy to see uncle and the woman he loves back together.  Wonder if they will have a wedding... :hwaiting2:

• Like 4

I really hope DJ won’t end up with JH. She deserves much much better. It would be good for her to be with OB, who has been patient with her, cared for her and stood by her through thick and thin. I hope OB becomes someone successful so that DJ’s mum would approve of their relationship. 

• Like 3

Greetings, very happy with the way the drama is progressing.   Looks like nephew has SJ's number and perhaps morals.  Preview teases SJ had something to do with YS mother's death.  I see prison...  but my real reason for posting today isn't just my delight in Uncle and hairpin girl getting back together but to say the actor portraying the disabled man is doing an excellent job and I think he should receive kudos.  Oh, and apart from the orange slacks and pink blazer disaster from the last episode that made her look like a frozen treat, MG has a killer wardrobe.   That's all.  Kudos for Uncle and MG's closet.  Cheers.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

Just what is the age difference?  It has to be more than ten years.  I don't think YS was 10 years old when the show began, and KS was in his late 20s.  How can she be in her late 20s and he in his late 30s?

In the show they are in their early twenties. KS is 38.

The actress is 28. Jae Hee is 40. 

Kdrama like to transcend age, it's just a number - may be true for some actresses.  So one sees forty something actress playing 10 years or more younger role. Some carry it off others don't.  

• Like 1

The woman is so evil! She is as evil as Oh Hara but totally cool and calculative unlike the crazed HR. Even YR in her greed showed feelings for her son. This woman only manipulates and even resorted to murder to marry a rich man.

I was beginning to like manager Seo but it seems she's preventing her husband from telling the President about KJS's child for a reason. This woman is greedy too, but she loves her son.

I hope the carefree ex-gambler would let it out during their fishing trip. There are 50 more episodes, so the secret of YS' birth is not coming out soon.

• Like 4

Choi Sook-Jun is really evil. She doesn’t love anyone other than herself. Watching her planning to ruin Jyung Soo if she gets divorced. I was truly disgusted by her. 

Jong-Kwon realized that YS is in love with KS but she still hasn’t realized it. He also is against them ever being together. He stated he is open minded . The writer has left this choice out there to let them make the choice. 

KS is going start dating so that YS can move on and be more independent. KS’s life is about to be shattered soon.  I still can’t believe that CSJ is his mom. To have such a terrible mom can ruin his prospects of marriage. She will be a thorn of he ever gets married.  I love that the Chairman is looking out for both of them KS and YS. They really need more parental guidance other than the Dining Family.  

• Like 5

Preview of Ep. 74.  Do not tell me...  writernim wants to paint a sympathetic picture of SJ?  None of the diner family is what I would call wealthy but they're good, decent people rich in love for each other.  SJ and brother's poverty of spirit comes from their love of money over people to the point where they can lie, cheat, steal and murder.  The abundance of spirit of the diner elders comes from their value people over money and this has a redemptive power in the lives of the youngers:  PS, DJ, OB and eventually I think JH.  Corrupting love and redemptive love. 

• Like 5

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] A Good Supper/ Be A Meal, 밥이 되어라 - Daily Drama @1915KST

Much as I don't like the YS-KS pairing, it is sad to see them in Seoul pretending to be lovers, a goodbye to their old comfortable relationship.

In 'you are too much', the writer turned the ML into a priest at the end. They all found peace but with broken dreams. KS was like him. Very likeable, abandoned in a orphanage by an ambitious, self absorbed woman. But a big difference is that KS was brought by two loving parents. I wonder why they never encouraged him to be a well known chef.

• Like 7

On 5/1/2021 at 1:29 PM, fluffyloaf said:

Nooo my heart is in pieces watching Yong Goo like this *cries* He must be so hurt hearing those words from Pil Sun's brother. And it breaks my heart that Yong Goo's mom feels so bad for him.

I cried so much, it break my heart as well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1