[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

I agree I don't think he is the baby's father either. Can't wait til his mom finds out.

38 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I enjoyed episode 17 as well.

I am not sure he is the father of the baby.

Ditto!

• Like 3

I enjoyed Episode 17 as well.

I question if he is the father too but that might just be my dislike of Maria talking. She acts so fake with the MIL, I just want the perfect DIL bubble to burst. That phone call to Gwang-nam was such a RickRoll'D move. He's not your husband yet, Maria!

I never thought Gwang-nam would be my favorite story but I just want her to find success on her own somehow. While it may have been unwise, I cheered when she threw the money. Byun-ho is so passive, he couldn't put his foot down with Gwang-nam and he can't with his mother and Maria.

I hated that Ye-seul paid off the husband and again, didn't at least call out his infidelity. I suppose this will cause problems when middle sister finds out but while he should have talked to her, he really didn't have a choice but to pay the way they have written it.

I really can't warm up to youngest sister and her love interest.

• Like 5

I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

I love Gwang-Sik and Ye-Seul.  I'm sure they'll run into some problems because of the sacrifice he made to allow her to divorce (did he sell a kidney?) but I'm pretty sure they'll get through it.

I like how Gwang-Nam is realizing her mistakes and trying to overcome them.  She doesn't know how let but her pride won't let her give up.  I liked the one scene where she nearly took the depression medication but didn't.

I don't dislike Gwang-Tae although I like her the least at this point.  I also like how the guy is falling for her instead of the reverse.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the father, he seems to be playing a similar role to the lead in Liver or Die where he says he thinks about the family but he really just thinks about himself and not what's best for his kids.

• Like 1

was reading the recap for ep 17 and it was mentioned that gwang nam lost her job in a day. had to see that and it was kind of satisfying? :sweatingbullets: in dream family, the jobless dad losing his job because of his inept clumsiness was kind of funny as well as embarrassing as you like the character. here, I was like "what an idiot?! :blink: washing dishes is hardly rocket science" ... 

anyway, was checking the KBS site for viewers comments and based on google translate, here's what I picked up:

-- people are basically hate watching and the comments are getting longer in their complaints; didn't see one complimentary comment in the 3 pages I read through

-- they think the writer dropped the mom's murder angle because people were not interested in that.  they find the turnaround in characters absurd and unbelievable (thank you, thats how I felt as well)

-- they don't like the dad at the moment either

-- gwang nam's story has a lot of comments. some of the viewers questioned why gwang nam should get alimony at all -- she didn't contribute anything financially in the 15 years and just spent all his money. some said that she was a terrible spouse and so are okay with the lawyer moving on.  many viewers hate that gwang nam is such an idiot who can't stand on her two feet. they also hate that the writer is most likely re-uniting with her ex-husband or creating a new love interest who will help her out. they find that insulting in today's modern age and feel that gwang nam should learn to be independent and not be dependent on some man to survive. they basically want her single and more mature at the end. 

-- they also complain that the writer seems to be stuck in ancient days and is cycling plots and attitudes from years ago that have no relevance to today's age and society. there were quite a few references to labour act but not sure what that was in reference to... 

-- they also hate the drama as they find it inappropriate for the slot -- weekend family dramas are multi-generational watches. however, this drama has a lot of crude dialogue, innuendos, negative characters, tedious plot and basically not something that several generations can watch together and enjoy. 

On 5/19/2021 at 1:01 PM, Lmangla said:

was reading the recap for ep 17 and it was mentioned that gwang nam lost her job in a day. had to see that and it was kind of satisfying? :sweatingbullets: in dream family, the jobless dad losing his job because of his inept clumsiness was kind of funny as well as embarrassing as you like the character. here, I was like "what an idiot?! :blink: washing dishes is hardly rocket science" ... 

anyway, was checking the KBS site for viewers comments and based on google translate, here's what I picked up:

-- people are basically hate watching and the comments are getting longer in their complaints; didn't see one complimentary comment in the 3 pages I read through

-- they think the writer dropped the mom's murder angle because people were not interested in that.  they find the turnaround in characters absurd and unbelievable (thank you, thats how I felt as well)

-- they don't like the dad at the moment either

-- gwang nam's story has a lot of comments. some of the viewers questioned why gwang nam should get alimony at all -- she didn't contribute anything financially in the 15 years and just spent all his money. some said that she was a terrible spouse and so are okay with the lawyer moving on.  many viewers hate that gwang nam is such an idiot who can't stand on her two feet. they also hate that the writer is most likely re-uniting with her ex-husband or creating a new love interest who will help her out. they find that insulting in today's modern age and feel that gwang nam should learn to be independent and not be dependent on some man to survive. they basically want her single and more mature at the end. 

-- they also complain that the writer seems to be stuck in ancient days and is cycling plots and attitudes from years ago that have no relevance to today's age and society. there were quite a few references to labour act but not sure what that was in reference to... 

-- they also hate the drama as they find it inappropriate for the slot -- weekend family dramas are multi-generational watches. however, this drama has a lot of crude dialogue, innuendos, negative characters, tedious plot and basically not something that several generations can watch together and enjoy. 

I totally agree with the viewers comments.  Could only find the site in Korean so couldn't read the comments.

Just saw Ep 17.  I am glad that GN is maturing a little now.  I didn't find it commendable that she refused the money as I fully agree that she doesn't deserve a single cent.  She seemed not to have contributed to the marriage at all.  It seemed like she only took and took and never gave anything.  She spent her days shopping and going for "facial upgrades" as she calls it.  A housewife who doesn't even cook and clean and thinks her husband is lucky to have her because of her looks!  The husband as we learnt had been struggling with financial debts due to his Dad's illness, bad investment etc.

I also don't blame her MIL for the way she acted.  She tiptoed around GN because she thought her son couldn't give GN a child.  She had to call in advance when she wanted to visit but GN could bring her sisters to visit and even to stay without consulting her husband.  Who would like to be treated like that esp by the DIL? And anyway the mother will learn soon enough that Maria is a psycho whom she shouldn't have welcomed so happily with open arms.  

I don't dislike the Dad for how he treated the girls.  He is not wrong to worry about GN.  She hasn't shown that she can look after herself so it is natural that her Dad would worry about her being on her own.  As he said, how is she going to even feed herself?  Of course the way he shows his concern is not right. 

I don't particularly like the Dad or anyone in the family.  Just that among the 4 of them, I think the Dad is the least annoying.  

I still find the way they treat him is still awful.  Much better than before but not good enough.  Esp GS.  The Dad paid her husband's family.  She knows that but has not repaid him.  And yet so quick to lecture her Dad, give advice to her sisters and always saying she will sort out the problems with her in-laws.  She should have settled that before she ran away, thinking the problem would be resolved in her absence.  Poor YS has run up a debt with a loanshark.  GT's love interest will resolve that problem.

In good times, the 3 sisters say to the Aunt that she's their family.  When they are not happy with her, they say (have said it 3x now) that she is not their family and should butt out of their business.  She said she regrets not having a child and they say she has the 3 of them.  I rolled my eyes at that scene as it was very fake.   GS will once again tell her she is not family when she finds out that her Aunt is the love interest of YS's Dad.

GT's mask in Ep 17 didn't cover her nostrils!  I wish they would just forget the covid-19 angle and just not use masks at all.  It is usually around their necks any way!  The mask is an accessory the actors should do without. 

• Love 1

I went from hate watching to actually looking forward to this mess so I guess the turnaround worked on me. The ratings started to increase when they ended the murder plot and passed 30% so it looks like the turnaround worked on the audience as a whole.

Edited to add: I knew the implied goodbye sex would lead to a pregnancy! Let me guess how this will go: Gwang-nam will consider an abortion but won't go through with it. She'll try to tell Byun-ho before he marries Maria (I don't think they've registered a marriage despite Maria acting like they have) but something will stop her each time. Maria will find out somehow and lose her mind trying to make sure Byun-ho never finds out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am so glad that  Ye-Seul is okay.

OMG I think GN is pregnant.

I thought she couldn't conceive? Her mother forced her to go for an abortion & end the relationship with the baby's father. The idiot policeman who had arrested half of Korea for her mother's death cited it as a motive for murdering her mother. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fanofr said:

I thought she couldn't conceive? Her mother forced her to go for an abortion & end the relationship with the baby's father. The idiot policeman who had arrested half of Korea for her mother's death cited it as a motive for murdering her mother. 

She can have kids, she just never wanted any. Her mom did make her have an abortion in college.

• Like 1

I enjoy the drama. I admit there is a certain trainwreck element to it. But i've mostly liked the sisters from the beginning. I guess i just disliked Ye-Seuls father or Maria for example way more. It's all relative :D 

And the way the 3 of them ganged up on their dad was fun if you dont take it too seriously. (It is quite over the top)

They were very funny.

3FOAsT9.png

dfbNGlD.png

And i like the look of the drama.

Revolutionary.Sisters.S01E10.210411.1080p-NEXT.mp4_003455.966.png

Dramatic improvement from the usual plain looking weekend dramas.

And i like that it seems like there is some stuff happening in the drama. We already had a few timeskips etc. I hope there will be more. If you make a 100 episodes drama you might as well tell a larger story.

But let's see how it goes. I usually really like the first 20-30 episodes of these dramas and then they fall off or i lose interest. I always say i like it more than the last weekend drama in the first few episodes :D

On 5/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, qynn said:

I hated that Ye-seul paid off the husband and again, didn't at least call out his infidelity. I suppose this will cause problems when middle sister finds out but while he should have talked to her, he really didn't have a choice but to pay the way they have written it.

Yeah but for some reason i feel like she will accept it rather quickly. 

But the thought that that family got 100k in total is pretty infuriating. I still haven't understood why the dad paid them 50k for the cancelled wedding. Oh god i better quickly forget about it.

17 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am so glad that  Ye-Seul is okay.

Yeah me too. But they couldn't wait 10 minutes longer with his sudden pain attacks... Sigh just when they finally had their date on the beach :D

• Like 1

In the beginning i was pretty sure it isn't Byun-ho's baby. Even after Maria showed some test results. But at this point i am not so sure anymore. Oh and especially if the fortune teller stuff is true that Byun-ho will have a boy and a daughter. I dont remember that part.

I think i already gave my 2 cents to the whole Maria rape situation but i guess it got lost in the deleted thread.

As for the korean comments regarding the oldest sister i am split.

I disagree with a lot of the korean comments that very much mirror the sentiment of Byun-ho's mother. How Gwang-nam and Byun-ho chose to live their married life is their business. Is the marriage only worth something if they have kids?

Is her value estimated by her contribution to the fertility rate? Because that is very much the ideology behind it.

But i agree with the other part. That she should have a plot where she becomes more independent. And not just a plot where she gets help from a new boyfriend.

• Like 3

I am puzzled as I have not read any viewers comments criticising GN for not having kids. Only about her attitude and the way she lived her life, basically doing nothing - which BH was not approving of.  Not sure if the Chairman guy will turn out to be the new boyfriend but not liking him very much.  

Waiting for the Dad's diary to be read - there will be another explosion! 

• Like 2

Episode 20 - Gwang-sik and Ye-seul are pretty cute.

Byun-ho asks Maria for time and she agrees but then immediately sets out to seduce him again. He needs alcohol to even go home but then getting blackout drunk is how he got into this mess.

I knew Gwang-nam would wind up pregnant and it will lead to plenty of drama, but I wanted her storyline to be about finding something she is good at and passionate about instead of a pregnancy.

• Like 4

Aww episode 20, Gwang-sik and Ye-seul are cute.

9 hours ago, fanofr said:

Yeah she can, she just didn't want any. It looks like she is going to have a baby.

• Like 1