[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

@D27Gjk68said:

I don't love Kwang Nam but I don't think she did anything to deserve being cheated on and lied to the way her husband is doing.  Beyond that, the entire pregnancy is extremely weird.  I know they said they had a test to prove he is the father but given how drunk he was that seems.... unlikely.

I thought that too and I did some research to support this but this is all I got from the Planned Parenthood:

"........It alters the ability to think clearly. People are likely to become less picky about selecting who they have sex with, and much less careful about taking sexual risks......."

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, screwyupsidedown19 said:

I agree but her character is one of the many reasons I stopped watching this show by episode 6. Most of the characters if not all are very annoying.

I get that. Sometime we just have to stop watching, I did that with one drama a few months ago.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 5/2/2021 at 12:56 PM, qynn said:

Man! This situation appears to be the similar minus the lifeless body lol. The writer did the same thing in Liver or Die. A girl showed up pregnant, claiming it was the youngest brother's baby. He was like we never had sex. She then explained that she'd had a crush on him so one night when he was passed out drunk she made things happen. It was disturbing then and it is disturbing now. The writer has issues.

Yes, she does. In "Liver or Die," they kept you guessing for while, that maybe it was not really his baby. But nope, he was the father. So she had sex with a guy who was too drunk to remember/consent. That's called rape, isn't it? So yeah, this writer keeps writing these stories. And treats it like a joke or something. It's very weird.

Another story that she replicated from "Liver or Die" is the Toxic Mother who uses and gaslights her children (and others). Once the children realize what a terrible person their mother is, they gain perspective and clarity, and their lives improve. So what's frustrating is that the decent people (father, aunt) who know how horrible their mother is refuse to tell the children because ... they want to maintain the illusion their their mother is not horrible for the children's sake? I don't know. It's really stupid.

So yes, this writer has issues that she keeps writing these messed up stories. But I guess she gets ratings and her shows are a hit. I do find this show less enraging than "Liver or Die."

I don't understand why the middle sister's "husband" can refuse a divorce and use her seeing another man against her when he was cheating after they registered the marriage. Can she not prove that? 

Yes, this is really weird. I don't understand this at all.

Everyone on this show is ultra-creepy, ridiculously selfish, or just extremely stupid. Now that I think about it, only Ye-Seul is not terrible. Gwang-Sik is okay, except all those times she accused her father of murdering her mother along with her sisters for no reason whatsoever.

I'm really glad that "who killed the mother?" thing is done. I hope that means we never see The World's Worst Detective again.

I have predictions:

1. I suspect that because Gwang-Sik was seen holding the twins with Ye-Seul, her in-law's will claim that the babies are hers and that was why she disappeared for a year, and use that to harass her some more. And no, it still doesn't make sense that she can't get a divorce.

2. I predict that Maria will die, through some accident that she had a part in causing, and Gwang-Nam and her husband will end up raising the baby together. And somehow this is supposedly a "happy ending," per this writer.

Just want to add here that another thing I find really repugnant is how retrograde and ignorant the characters' attitudes are. Gwang-Nam assuming that she will be a better parent to the baby because they are a two-parent home and they are more educated. That's just one example. All the characters just have such backwards attitudes. Like, the father is well-meaning, but he keeps spouting these old-fashioned, unenlightened comments. For example, his insistence on not telling his children what a succubus their mother is, because he wants to preserve some illusion that she was a mother who deserved their love and devotion, because... Confucius? I don't know. But it's obviously dumb. Taeng-Ja is the worst in this respect.

It kind of makes me think that the characters are all trapped in these miserable lives because they are all too ignorant to know better. Except I'm not really sure that the writer is even making this point intentionally. I don't think she has any profound message except, "Hey, look at these grotesque people. Amusing, isn't it?"

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@chickfactor said:  " I predict that Maria will die"

That thought crossed my mind too. But the guy might opt to being a single father. 

His mom's fortune teller apparently said he will marry three times and have a son and a daughter. Fortune teller = writer telling you what will happen. The daughter will be Gwang-nam's because you know the writer will have all of the sisters give birth to daughters. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Thanks God the sisters know already the true situation about her mother and father. Now they get to appreciate their father's situation more. 

For now we'll check out the plot twist regarding the son-in-law, Maria and Gwangnam. The divorce paper is already out shown in the last episode's teaser. 

9 hours ago, chickfactor said:

So she had sex with a guy who was too drunk to remember/consent. That's called rape, isn't it?

Lol, this is also an issue for me. I don't think, being a married woman myself, a super drunk man like SiL situation in that particular scene would still be able to do some babymaking. A man if they're drunk they cant do stuff like that. Lol, Sorry for this explanation. I think the lies of Maria will be exposed soon. 

1 hour ago, qynn said:

His mom's fortune teller apparently said he will marry three times and have a son and a daughter.

SiL eomma said this and my prediction is Gwangnam will get pregnant albeit  there is issue of womb problem due to abortion in the past. 

Btw, So the writer of this is Moon Yeong Nam who penned the  Liver or Die drama. I watched already the three dramas in her filmography: Liver or Die, Wang's Family and The First Wives Club. For me she is a good writer. 

At first I really hate the sisters and how this drama is going but now I think it gets better. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Thanks God the sisters know already the true situation about her mother and father. Now they get to appreciate their father's situation more. 

For now we'll check out the plot twist regarding the son-in-law, Maria and Gwangnam. The divorce paper is already out shown in the last episode's teaser. 

Lol, this is also an issue for me. I don't think, being a married woman myself, a super drunk man like SiL situation in that particular scene would still be able to do some babymaking. A man if they're drunk they cant do stuff like that. Lol, Sorry for this explanation. I think the lies of Maria will be exposed soon. 

SiL eomma said this and my prediction is Gwangnam will get pregnant albeit  there is issue of womb problem due to abortion in the past. 

Btw, So the writer of this is Moon Yeong Nam who penned the  Liver or Die drama. I watched already the three dramas in her filmography: Liver or Die, Wang's Family and The First Wives Club. For me she is a good writer. 

At first I really hate the sisters and how this drama is going but now I think it gets better. 

Apologies in advance for being crude. He can put it up but might not be fully aware who he was with. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

okay this drama feels like a even more weird whiplash. all of a sudden, these horrendous characters seem to have a change in heart that it doesn't feel believable. just makes me eye roll and laugh. did the writer take all the criticism and so change these characters, especially the sisters? -- well the journey doesn't feel real and comes across as fake and strange. the fun of watching a long drama is seeing the characters grow. instead, we are seeing abrupt changes without any of the awkwardness or conflict that is natural. all of a sudden they get along with dad? all of a sudden ballerina is mellow? eye roll. time for me to drop this drama:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

In the last two episodes, I was starting to feel sorry for Byun Ho. He looks so miserable and I blamed his predicament on his wife. I was wondering, if he's such a great successful lawyer, why does his mother look washed out. I would expect for her to look and dress as such. He's broke and has been broke since he got married. I can't imagine how hard it would have been for them if they had children. Maria has her own money, there is no problem there. But he doesn't like her as a woman so he sleeps in his office. The preview shows them counting lots of cash. I'm waiting to see if he did indeed have money but he hid it from the wife.

Besides the money and baby and what have you issues in his sorry life, there he goes again (Byun Ho) with that expression like to he wants the world to swallow him up while a punch of women are beating up Maria and he just stands there while his mother slaps his ex wife. What in the world ...... 

@qynnsaid: It bugs me so much that the writer seems to have forgotten that the middle sister's husband is the one who committed adultery.

I haven't forgotten nor has anybody else. They're just hypocrites and will stoop to any level to take advantage of people.

I hope to start to comment on the other story lines in this drama. Till then.

Edited by brooksmom
have more to add
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

I started out hate watching but the last two weeks I've become kind of into it. Ending the murder mystery helped as did the sisters finding out the truth about their mom and being nicer to their dad. Gwang-nam is more chill but it makes sense to me: In a short time she found out that her husband had a kid and her mom was human trash whose neglect killed her baby brother and almost killed her. Dad called Gwang-nam the mom's avatar and it's clear how much the mom shaped her. Now, she just seems kind of shell shocked.

Gwang-nam and Byun-ho appeared to have goodbye sex so bets that she'll end up pregnant? 

I felt sorry for Byun-ho too in the latest episode. He and Gwang-nam settled things civilly, his mom and her family need to butt out. Learning that Byun-ho lost everything due to an investment was obviously a shock to everyone but again, that is Gwang-nam and Byun-ho's business. Byun-ho's mom and Maria celebrating his divorce with a cake and planning to immediately move him into her bedroom was gross. Whatever they think of Gwang-nam or his marriage, he is obviously mourning the loss and only agreed to the divorce because of the baby, not Maria.

Gwang-nam may have been a terrible wife and DIL, but whatever her MIL thinks, Gwang-nam did not owe her a grandchild. The decision to be child free is between husband and wife and Byun-ho was apparently onboard for the majority of their marriage. MIL needs to zip it there 

It bugs me so much that the writer seems to have forgotten that the middle sister's husband is the one who committed adultery.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

I was ok with the end of the marriage and her change.  I think when she saw him smile as he held the baby was the turning point for her.  Also, all the things her mother told her were all lies.  

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

I was ok with the end of the marriage and her change.  I think when she saw him smile as he held the baby was the turning point for her.  Also, all the things her mother told her were all lies.  

Yeah I thought that as well.

I think she will find someone new.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I found today's episode very entertaining.  As other's have said I'm glad the murder mystery has been resolved.   I wonder about the two new characters, the new woman looked too young to have dated the loan shark but I couldn't find any info on actress.

I wonder if Byon-ho will marry Maria for his mother, be miserable, and remarry Gwang Nam.  She might already be pregnant as they implied they had sex on their last night (boy, BH is big on drunken sex....)

Gwang Sik and Ye Seul are my favorite part of the show so far, I hope the angst they are about to go doesn't change their relationship too much.  I don't understand either how his much worse infidelity has been totally glossed over, I wonder if they'll use it at some future point.

I thought it was interesting that that no one in the family asked Gwang Nam how she felt about any of this, they just did what they thought was best, and really best for them, not her.  That reminded me of the familial interactions in Liver or Die, which I found really annoying.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Yay this drama annoyed me most during the first and second episodes of it because of the out ofvthe world and  unbelievable attitude of the three siblings  BUT NOW I could say this gets more and more interesting and fun to watch.  Truly, family genre drama is one genre that will never be outdated. 

I love how Appa protected GwangNam. Well for some reason I don't feel that annoyed to GN MIL because in my pov she also has her sensible reasons. Although like GN Appa said no good reason when it comes to cheating. 

Next week episodes will be chaos. Given the situation with Gwang Sik hubby in paper and Ye Seul conversation in the park. Ohhhmg! That teaser of extortion by GS hubby is so infuriating. 

Hahaha and the loan shark boss has his share of love story. What daebak is the woman comes from a good family and she's a medical doctor. What a twist of script. Daebak!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ep 13

Their exchange of letters is romantic. They are both smiling.

Gwang Tae and KJ had  lunch together and talked politely. Nice.

Pung Jin is interesting character. Its clear that he lived hard and he is lonely now. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed episode 17.  I am coming around on the last 2 sisters as they are showing that they can learn from their mistakes while not ignoring their flaws.  I'm also starting to come around on HKJ which I didn't expect as I didn't think he would be anything but a selfish arrogant jerk.  I think all the personality changes were somewhat forced but I'll accept that since it means the characters aren't as annoying.

Something still seems weird about Maria.  I still wonder if the lawyer is really the father of the child, although it seems likely he is.

I do wonder about this writer.  Based on this and Liver or Die she doesn't paint a very flattering picture of Korean families...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1