[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

9 hours ago, qynn said:

GS bugged me more than Ye-seul.  GS wanted him to become famous but sulks the first time people want his autograph. She doesn't trust him. Ye-seul should pay more attention to GS but he finally achieved his dream and is caught up in it. I don't think he really has a roving eye. It's just an annoying storyline.

I support GS here,  don't think she is jealous of his success or sulking that people want his autograph.  She's hurt that the man she supported, even when he gave up hope, is totally ignoring her and behaving like a self-absorbed RickRoll'D.

I agree with the rest of your points.  I'm at the point where I just want this drama to end...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/index.html

48회 미리보기 
광남, 광식은 봉자에게 광자매 출생에 대한 충격적 사실을 듣는데..
서방들은 모여서 장인어른 생신축하파티를 기획하지만,
생일을 앞두고 철수가 사라져 나타나지 않는다!

Episode 48 text preview translated:

Gwang-Nam and Gwang-Sik hear shocking truth about their birth from Bong-Ja...

The sons-in-law gather to plan a birthday party for their father-in-law,

but Cheol-Su disappeared and does not come to the party!

--

Ugh, disgusted and bored with everyone on this show. What is new?

I like that Byeon-Ho's mother started being nice to Gwang-Nam after she got drunk and told her off. That is more emotionally satisfying than the revelation that Blessing is not Byeon-Ho's bio-child. (Not that it's very believable, but anything to stop hearing that nasty screeching from her.)

But apparently, this does mean that in this writer's world a man can be forced to have sex with someone when he is drunk and not remember a thing? This writer did this in two shows in a row. That's just ridiculous.

Gwang-Sik really has problems. She gets jealous of her sister for marrying a rich guy, then she gets jealous of her husband after he finally achieved success.

But really, WHAT is wrong with all three sisters? Insisting that their father stay single just in case Yeong-Hui turns out to be a grifter? What about their messed up lives? They have no right to judge anyone.

So let's see:

1. Gwang-Nam chose to marry a grifter even after finding out he was a sleaze because it would be embarrassing to cancel the wedding.

2. Gwang-Sik was married to a guy with a parasite family who sucked money out of her father and made him lose his house.

3. Gwang-Tae spent her whole life being chased by loan sharks, but she married into their family and acts stuck-up about it.

There's just no story arc here. Everyone is just terrible, no one ever learns anything, and everyone is stuck in a hell of their own making.

I was sad that Taeng-Ja wasn't there to sass them.

Yup there we go. You did it. You summed up the entire storyline right here. You can tell how most dramas will go with the first episode and yup my prediction was right how they ad libbed everything from episode 1 without a direction or synopsis whatsoever. The quality of weekend dramas has gone downhill so quickly. My golden life and Once Again were great and the others were ok but this ones just why and nope.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

For real? I did see that it was extended to 51 so maybe the 51st is a special episode?

I just checked directly on KBS's Korean site and Naver, no there was no extension announced and there is no special announced either. For tonight, they're showing a documentary about the singer Sim Soo Bong—so nothing to do with the drama.

I'm not sure where you saw that it was extended, but looking at the Korean news, there was no announcement of that there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@brooksmom Ah, that's a misreport by that website then. The website you posted is actually a fan site, so sometimes information can be inaccurate. Usually when I want to know if there's an extension or not, I look at the official Korean website directly: https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2020-1563-01-24698,read,,51,813837

Since there's no preview posted beyond Episode 50, there most likely isn't. If there was something else related to the drama airing, it would've been announced there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This dumb show is finally over, thank goodness. 

I don't understand why they spent over half the drama building up Bong-ja and Dol-se's great love, and then just dropped it. I skipped through the finale, but from what I could see, everyone got a happy ending except them. Just Bong-ja looking sadly at her ring. They just decided Cheol-soo wouldn't like it and that was it? Meanwhile Cheol-soo is turned into the biggest martyr ever and gets a wedding with some chick that showed up a dozen episodes ago and a good citizen award. WTH? 

The whole plot point with Gwang-nam's biological father was dumb. Cheol-soo said he was dead, but he's really in prison and Cheol-soo asked Byun-ho to clear his name.  Why even put this in the final episode? This drama was never good, but the writer has just thrown things at the wall in the last ten episodes of so.

I feel kind of bad for the cast because weekend dramas can boost careers, but I don't think this one did anything for anyone. Go Won-hee was probably hoping for a boost, but I don't think this role did her any favors. Kim Kyung-nam has an upcoming lead role, but he was getting offers before accepting this role.

Hopefully, the next weekend drama will be better than this one. That's a pretty low bar.

• Like 7

@brooksmom I looked at Viki & ODK and they list the 2 specials that air in April as episodes, that's why it's 52.

If you want to look at the schedule for separate channels, then here's the official websites for those:

Although you'd have to look for the drama title in Korean to see it in the schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매
On 9/18/2021 at 6:31 PM, qynn said:

This dumb show is finally over, thank goodness. 

I don't understand why they spent over half the drama building up Bong-ja and Dol-se's great love, and then just dropped it. I skipped through the finale, but from what I could see, everyone got a happy ending except them. Just Bong-ja looking sadly at her ring. They just decided Cheol-soo wouldn't like it and that was it? Meanwhile Cheol-soo is turned into the biggest martyr ever and gets a wedding with some chick that showed up a dozen episodes ago and a good citizen award. WTH? 

The whole plot point with Gwang-nam's biological father was dumb. Cheol-soo said he was dead, but he's really in prison and Cheol-soo asked Byun-ho to clear his name.  Why even put this in the final episode? This drama was never good, but the writer has just thrown things at the wall in the last ten episodes of so.

I feel kind of bad for the cast because weekend dramas can boost careers, but I don't think this one did anything for anyone. Go Won-hee was probably hoping for a boost, but I don't think this role did her any favors. Kim Kyung-nam has an upcoming lead role, but he was getting offers before accepting this role.

Hopefully, the next weekend drama will be better than this one. That's a pretty low bar.

You said everything I wanted to say. It was just bad.

Yes, it was disappointing that Bong-Ja and Dol-Shwe never got together - because there is no reason they can't - but since he lives downstairs and she lives upstairs, and apparently she cooks all their meals, that's supposed to be some sort of consolation prize.

And I thought Ye-Seul's voice was damaged and he couldn't continue singing, said Dr. Min-Deul-Lae. But... everyone forgot about that too.

It was really weird how Pung-Jin can finally marry Dr. Min-Deul-Lae but you never saw them together in the same room. Like, not one scene where they are happy together about finally being able to marry. It's like... they're all over this **** too.

It's just incredibly sloppy storywriting. She clearly just made stuff up as she went along. There's no reason Gwang-Nam needs to believe her biological father is dead when his name was cleared of whatever crime he went to prison for.

I mean, it's just so gross and patriarchal that her father and husband would decide on their own that she should never meet her biological father and lie to her that he is dead. But that's what this is show is! Noxious nonsense.

Anyway, thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me work out my feelings about this show. It really was a head-scratcher.

• Like 4

I’m seriously convinced this drama involved printing out literally every single kdrama plot and shooting a dart and going with it and never returning back to it. Yeah for sure one of the worse weekend drama I’ve seen even worse than most daily dramas at that yikes. Hope the next one is ok. Interestingly i still kept watching maybe it’s the so bad it’s good thing haha (were they secretly going for that ??) 

• Like 2