[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

Well, there was a new episode Saturday after all.

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/index.html

39회 미리보기 

광태는 풍진에게 반성문을 보내며 용서를 구하고

서방모임에 나갔다 소외되는 예슬을 보며 광식은 속이 상한다.

한편, 탱자는 드디어 뚜기에게 공채를 아빠라고 소개하는데..!

Episode 39 preview translated:

- Gwang-Tae sends Pung-Jin an apology letter and asks for forgiveness.

- Gwang-Sik becomes upset after seeing Ye-Seul being marginalized during a gathering among the husbands.

- Taeng-Ja finally introduces Gong-Chae to Ttu-Gi as her father.

--

My thoughts on this episode of "Revolting Sisters."

So that guy with the bad wig is taken to the police but the statute of limitations is over so they can't do anything. So they put him on a boat to China, never to return to Korea again. What a sad and stupid storyline.

The only thing we learned from this is that -Ja sisters' mother is horrible (for not speaking up and defending her daughter who was raped at age 14) and all three sisters' lives were messed up from it. Just like Maeng-Ja messed up the Gwang sisters' lives.

This writer only writes stories about terrible mothers messing up their kids' lives. What has happened in her life?

Anyway, Gwang-Tae gets kicked out for lying about being pregnant. While she deserves this for telling such a big lie, I think Sa-Chae's hatred towards her and being so determined to kick Gwang-Tae out is over the top. Anyone can see that Gi-Jin really loves her, so does he have to go this far to break them apart?

Sa-Chae needs to get a life.

I think Gwang-Tae will be forgiven because she brought Min Deul-Lae and Pung-Jin back together, and she gave him the idea to become respectable by setting up a charity foundation.

I really hate that everyone is looking down at Ye-Seul when they are all trashy. He is the best one out of all of them.

Gwang-Tae and her dad buy meat from that restaurant owned by Taeng-Ja's son. So he is her cousin, and they have no idea? Good grief, what a messed up family.

Byeon-Ho's mother is the biggest a-hole. Someone needs to put her on a boat to China, never to return.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Well, there was a new episode Saturday after all.

39회 미리보기 

광태는 풍진에게 반성문을 보내며 용서를 구하고

서방모임에 나갔다 소외되는 예슬을 보며 광식은 속이 상한다.

한편, 탱자는 드디어 뚜기에게 공채를 아빠라고 소개하는데..!

Episode 39 preview translated:

- Gwang-Tae sends Pung-Jin an apology letter and asks for forgiveness.

- Gwang-Sik becomes upset after seeing Ye-Seul being marginalized during a gathering among the husbands.

- Taeng-Ja finally introduces Gong-Chae to Ttu-Gi as her father.

Thanks for sharing this.

• Like 1

Yeah this is really a messed up drama, at least Gwang Sik and Ye Seul had a nice scene together.  I like the Dr. actress so I hope she gets a little more screen time.  I thought it was amusing how quickly Poong Jin changed after everyone he gave Gwang Tae such a hard time.  The other high point for me was the look on Byun Ho's face when Gwang Nam manipulated his mother into keeping the gift.

I wonder if there is really a message here.  The 'adults' seem to make terrible decision after terrible decision for their kids but they think they are in the right.  Is the writer criticizing that or not?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

I wonder if there is really a message here.  The 'adults' seem to make terrible decision after terrible decision for their kids but they think they are in the right.  Is the writer criticizing that or not?

I wonder that every time I watch this show. Is this show some sort of commentary about people snapping out of generations of ignorance that keeps them living these messy lives? Or is it all just spectacle? "Look at these grotesque people and feel better about how much better your life is. Because no matter how bad your life is, it can't be worse than this."

I really wonder.

One thing I know for sure is that everyone will be magically fine and happy by the end, despite no evidence of emotional growth or anyone having learned anything.

• Like 1

I wish Gwang-tae's exile had lasted a little longer. She's obnoxious, throwing her BIL's money around and being condescending to Gwang-sik and Ye-seul. I hate how they all treat Ye-seul. At least Ye-seul has worked hard unlike Gi-jin who couldn't even make it a few days on his own.

Byun-ho's mom is a horrible person. The fortune teller foretold a daughter so we knew it was coming, but I hate the Gwang-nam pregnancy plot. Her aunts telling her to get pregnant so Byun-ho won't cheat again is just gross.

Also gross is Taeng-ja planning to marry the guy she had a ONS with when she was 50 and he 20. I'm not usually hung up on age differences, but she only slept with him to steal the money. Him considering her his first love is just sad and disturbing.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 2

It is awful that not only is Gwang-Tae being an obnoxious **** but that the whole family is taking her side. Because she's married to a rich guy who buys them gifts. Such shallow disgusting people.

Does Gwang-Tae no longer remember who used to pay back the loans she got from the loan shark who is now her brother-in-law?

I'm glad Ttu-gi is going to live with both her parents, and she really is a sweet, lovable kid. It was heartbreaking when she was crying out for her mom.

But it was not cute at all to find out that Bong-Ja coached her to do it. Nice lessons she's learning from this family of grifters.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, izint said:

does anyone know who's the actress that plays the doctor?

Her name is Han Ji Wan:

https://asianwiki.com/Han_Ji-Wan

Not sure why she isn't credited in Asianwiki. But she is credited in namu.wiki (in Korean):

https://namu.wiki/w/한지완

--

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/index.html

광남과 배변은 산부인과를 찾아 시험관 시술을 결심하고 풍년에게 들키지 않기 위해 노력한다.

한편, 공채는 사채에게 탱자를 결혼할 사람이라 소개하고

기진을 찾아온 수상한 중년은 본인이 광태 아버지라고 주장하는데..!

Episode 40 preview text translated:

Gwang-Nam and Byeon-Ho go to OB/GYN and decides to try in-vitro. They try to hide it from Pung-Nyeon (his mother).

Gong-Chae introduces Taeng-Ja to Sa-Chae as his fiancee.

Suspicious middle-aged guy goes to see Gi-Jin to tell him he is Gwang-Tae's father.

• Thanks 3

I recently watched "Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)," (writer Im Seong-Han a.k.a., Phoebe) so this was an interesting read.

Apparently Moon Yeong-Nam (the writer for this show) and Im Seong-Han are considered the two top makjang writers, so they are often compared to each other.

https://namu.wiki/w/임성한 vs 문영남

*Translation from Korean*

Im Seong-Han vs. Moon Yeong-Nam

2.2. The Two Top Writers of Makjang

If Moon Yeong-Nam is consistently conventional and writes "cancerous" makjang dramas that make you curse as you watch them, Im Seong-Han can be said to write just plain weird dramas.

In Moon Yeong-Nam's works, adultery, divorce, conflicts between MIL & DIL, violence, financial ruin, birth secrets, and other conventional and realistic "cancerous" elements are always included. But when even one of these problems would be a huge headache for any family, she throws in multiple problems and her "human trash" characters have to deal with them endlessly. The "aggro" that results from these trash characters and how they are all connected is very intense and most normal viewers become extremely stressed out with rising blood pressure. It's so bad that viewers habitually say "I'm so upset I might get cancer!" Yet they still continue to watch. However, while these storylines are provocative and stressful, you can find plenty examples of these elements in other dramas and also real life, so viewers can reliably look forward to feel-good moments. The reason her dramas are makjang is because there are 4 to 5 problems simultaneously.

In contrast, if you try to predict Im Seong-Han's works, you will be "stabbed in the back" with developments that defy your imagination. You will know this if you look at a list of her work, but she always writes stories that are exceptions to precedent. Whatever the viewer imagines, she shows you something beyond it and causes the viewer to fall into a "mental breakdown" state in one blow. Fortunately, there is no need to become upset while watching, and the reason is that there are no good characters or bad characters, because everyone is trash. And if the characters get angry, they start brawling each other. Dumping water and slapping are basic. In "Miss Mermaid," (two characters) tore each other's hair out and tackled each other, and this scene required 8 pages of the script. In "Princess Aurora," there was two-way slapping and even a slap-kick, and the "bad girl" threw water and food at the lead character's face. In "Apgujeong Midnight Sun," a character pulled the lead's hair and pinched her thighs in a swimming pool. Of course, the lead got some good punches and threw water on her too!

Due to these differences, while watching Moon Yeong-Nam's works, the viewer curses the trash characters. While watching Im Seong-Han's works, the viewer curses the writer.

--

Yes, this show was stressing me out and my soul felt like it was slowly dying, (Aaaahhh, why do I do this to myself?) yet I can't stop watching it and will probably keep watching until it ends.

I honestly feel better knowing that this is just her writing style and it's normal for her work to drive you a little crazy. :wacko: 

On 8/10/2021 at 2:29 PM, chickfactor said:

Yes, this show was stressing me out and my soul felt like it was slowly dying, (Aaaahhh, why do I do this to myself?)

am so glad that I dropped this drama early on. :sweatingbullets: I couldn't find a single character to root for... 

the next drama hopefully is more pleasant. here is the thread -- premiers september

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have never liked the youngest daughter or her husband for sure. And their behavior at the dinner made me want to drop kick them in their chest and pull their hair out but Imma Stay classy. How dare the youngest husband try to correct the middle child? And Ha Yeul need to get a backbone and drop kick him to put him in his place too. 

• Like 3

This is a Korean youtuber's prediction (no English subs):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Rnc1q-YMk&ab_channel=드라마큘라Dramacula

Prediction: Byeon-Ho is not Blessing's biological father. Maria lied.

Reason: It will be the only way that Byeon-Ho's mother will stop being nasty to Gwang-Nam, because she is relentless.

Also, he doesn't think it's plausible that Maria, who was divorced by her former husband due to infertility, can get pregnant after one night with a man.

He also doesn't think it's possible for a man to have sex while drunk and unconscious.

Another clue: Her name is Maria, as in Mary, Mother of Jesus, i.e. Immaculate Conception. (This is so blasphemous and offensive. :huh:) So his theory is that Blessing was conceived via in-vitro.

He thinks Byeon-Ho finds out because the fortune-teller said he will father two children. Gwang-Nam will become pregnant with twins, so Byeon-Ho will begin to wonder if Blessing is his child and do a paternity test.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

22 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Prediction: Byeon-Ho is not Blessing's biological father. Maria lied.

Nope. she's passed away already so better Blessing is his son. That won't make the story more complicated than now. Let them be happy with Blessing + GN + BH