[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

Okay, so I watched Sunday's episode.

This show just has to be some sort of social commentary about ignorance. Korea would just be a better place if parents stopped dictating who their children can marry, and whether they should, or not, have babies.

1. Byeon-Ho's mom. What a shrill, unpleasant person. Demanding that Gwang-Nam never have a baby? That was just disgusting. Look, Lady, you do not get a vote in another woman's reproductive choice.

2. Gwang-Tae's lie about being pregnant. Yeah, that's just terrible.

3. Ye-Seul lying that both his parents are dead. What in the world? Her father is his father's best friend, and everyone else except her father knows that. So how can they expect to keep up this deception? Another terrible decision.

Notice how so many of these problems would simply be solved if the parents let their kids make their own decisions about their lives. And these are not children, but grown-ups in their 30s and 40s who can't make life decisions unless their ignorant parents give their approval, or else... what?

I mean, what are the Gwang sisters even afraid of? That their father won't let them inherit his vast wealth? And it's not like they ever asked for his permission or even gave him a heads-up before they got divorced or ditched their fiance at the altar, so why do they even care what he thinks now?

And what's the big deal about buying lottery tickets? I mean, they're usually a silly waste of money, but they're harmless. Everyone is freaking out like it's some big, immoral thing. What is wrong with these people?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I enjoyed this weekend's episodes as they finally got everyone married and moved beyond that set of problems.  Gwang-Tae still has to deal with her lie but they have time to try to fix that.  I don't think the remaining plot points will get us to the end of the series, I wonder what they'll add.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I started out hating everyone but the dad. Now the dad is the only one I really hate. Oh, and Byun-ho's mom who is the worst.

These people are the furthest thing from a noble family. 

I'm not looking forward to GS competing with GT. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

The father's behavior was incredibly dumb and stubborn. But let's also remember that the three sisters also repeatedly accused him of murdering their mother. So, everyone on this show is an idiot anyway.

The three sisters have a triple wedding. I should be happy for them, but I wasn't. I was grossed out.

When I watched the Saturday episode of the sisters happily shopping together and setting up house, it should be joyous and fun, but I was just disgusted. Love is only nice when it's earned. They're just a bunch of disgusting liars.

Gwang-Sik and Gwang-Tae go on their honeymoon together. I don't know why anyone thought this is a good idea, but it's not like anyone on this show ever does anything that makes sense. Anyway, they act like fools and the episode ends with them about to fight.

I also have to mention: a few episodes ago, when Taeng-Ja was presented with a DNA report by Gong-Chae, her response was, "Are you my son?" SERIOUSLY.

She's entertaining. But the writer is having her becoming friends with the guy who raped her when she was 14 years old.

Okay... so... I'm out. I'm really done. This may the worst K-Drama I have ever seen. I gave it a chance. I tried to be open-minded. I liked the actors. But wow, I think my soul is slowly dying.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I agree with @chickfactor about the Dad.  And really, how many of us would proudly say my in-law is a loan shark?  

I was starting to like the sisters but now I have gone back to disliking them.  Well, GT and GS.  

GT was over the moon when she found out lover boy's brother is rich.  Yet why lie to the Dad that she is marrying him for his sake - because she saw him buy a lottery ticket!  I don't buy lottery tickets because I think it is a waste of money.  I don't seem to have any luck.  But a friend of mine always wins every year, sometimes a small amount, sometimes big.  But is it a crime to buy a lottery ticket?  

YS did a very dishonorable thing by lying that his parents are dead.  How could GS and Aunt go along with it?  I have always liked him from the start.  But now I think he is the worst character in the show.  

The only one showing real spunk is GN.  Right now, she is the best of the 3!  

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

EVENT: Celebrity Sightings

Have you met your favorite oppa? What was he like? Was he taller than you expected? :love:

Or do you want to meet him? What would the meeting be like?

Or did you meet a local celebrity? A sports figure maybe?

Share your stories with chingus on the Celebrity Sightings thread.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, brooksmom said:

I guess this is one of the dramas that won't be airing during the Olympics.

It's not airing on Saturday, 7/24, or 7/31. It will air on 7/25, but later than usual time.

The rest will depend on the Olympic schedule.

According to this:

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01380886629116816&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/index.html

Ep. 31

38회 미리보기 
광남은 집에서 소외되어가는 스스로의 모습에 울적해지고
탱자는 뚜기를 공채에게 보낼 결심을 한다.
한편, 광태는 풍진이 있는 집으로 민들레를 초대하는데..!

Episode 38 Preview translated

Gwang-Nam becomes depressed by being marginalized at her home.

Taeng-Ja decides to send Ttu-Gi to Gong-Chae.

Gwang-Tae invites Min Deul-Lae to the home where Pung-Jin is...!

--

Okay, I said I am done with this show, and here I am, watching it. Haha, I am a masochist for hate-watching, I guess.

It honestly made me feel better that they simply punched out the guy who raped Taeng-Ja. I assume they also got him thrown in prison, too. Good. Much better than having her get into some weird relationship with him. This whole storyline is sick, though.

But then he mentioned that he had a son that he lost, so that's creating all sorts of icky "what if" scenarios that I'm afraid to even think about... the sickness continues.

Anyway, there is some guy that's stalking Gwang-Tae, and apparently that is the big secret that the father is hiding in his secret journal. The truth is probably that he is Gwang-Tae's biological father or something. (I think this guy is the Min Deul-Lae mentioned in the preview.)

I'm glad Gwang-Tae's fake pregnancy is found out before their marriage is registered. I know that she is a good couple with Gi-Jin, but they told a really big lie, and she is being super obnoxious about her newfound wealth, so she needs a timeout. (In Korea, a wedding doesn't have any legal significance at all, unlike in the U.S. where reciting your vows before an officiant is an essential element of marriage.)

The thing that made me really upset is how the other two sons-in-law (Byeon-Ho and Gi-Jin) treated Ye-Seul like a servant. Every last person on this show just has to be a complete a-hole at all times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I sort of missed being annoyed by these characters yesterday but today made up for it. I was ANNOYED with almost everyone, Gaeng-tae being at the top of the list. She's a former part-timer who is faking a pregnancy, yet she says with a straight face that her sister and BIL are not in their league. She's always been my least favorite, and I'm not looking forward to her wailing about a likely birth secret.

Taeng-ja has the most icky storyline, from the rapist to the baby daddy who is 30 years younger. I didn't realize he was only 20 when they met. Icky. And Bong-ja suggests they get married. Icky.

• Like 3

I was ok with today's episode.  As long as Ye-Seul and Gwang-Sik get more ups than downs I'll keep watching.  I accept that Gwang-Tae loved Ki-Jin despite his wealth, not because of it, so I'll occassional missteps.  I am waiting for Gwang-Nam to strangle her mother-in-law, as awful as the Gwangs are, I think the mother-in-law is worse.

I also like the Doctor, I hope she gets back together with Poong-Jin, GT overhears them discussing YS's throat injury, GT tells GS and we get lots of drama.  Yeah!

• Like 1