[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

Episode 31

They have to prolong the story for 19 more episodes so Ye-seul and his dad are both playing noble idiots with the women joining in. Sigh. Spare us and have them realize nobody cares except the dad and he's a loser like the rest of them.

Byun-ho's mom is the worst. I get why she wouldn't want GN as her DIL again, but lady, you are the one who started throwing food around in someone else's home and yet you are going to claim to be better than them. Please. I loathe her. I like Taeng-ja. At least she knows she is trashy.

• Like 5

I liked that GS actually had to take a bus to get back to Seoul and I liked how BH FINALLY stood up for what he wanted, not what his family, society or strangers on the street would think....  I expect we'll gradually see the rest of the characters do that in the final 19 episodes. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, auntyem said:

Byung-Ho’s mother is so nasty! And he’s just TOO nice.  

I think she will accept GH eventually. What else parent can do if her son want to reconcile with his ex

14 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

the rest of the characters do that in the final 19 episodes. 

10 more weeks to go

• Like 3

The stupid drama between the younger couple and the older couple just makes no sense to me at all. There is no reason why they can't marry except that Ye-Seul's mother dying wish was for her husband to never be with "that woman" who happens to be Bong-Ja. But since he got over it, I don't know why they can't.

The only possible thing that makes any bit of sense is this ridiculous pride they have about being from a "yangban" (noble) family and how this bit of complication is shameful to their grand family name. (My father's niece by marriage cannot also become his daughter-in-law! Because... Yangban! :blink:)

You know, aside from all the trashy and shameful things that have already happened, this is somehow their biggest problem?

Ye-Seul is the most decent character, but wow, it's frustrating that he ditched his career, his band members, just to chase after Gwang-Sik and got himself into an accident that ruined his voice and hand. That's just so dumb. It's not like she was about to pretend to kill herself like her sister. She just went away for a while because she needs space. Why not take care of your own life and give each other a few days to think things over? Does that make too much sense?

These people are always living their lives in crisis mode. If they're not suffering some misery for a day, they need to create drama just to not be bored or something. We all know people like that, don't we? It feels like they need some sort of chaos in their lives all the time? Yes, such people are exhausting to be around.

I enjoy Taeng-Ja, though. I disliked her at first, but she speaks truth! She is like Gwang-Tae. The youngest sisters are the most irresponsible and careless in some ways, but they are honest. And I love their sass.

Not really sure what we're supposed to do with the fact that the guy with the bad wig working at the chicken restaurant is the guy who raped Taeng-Ja when she was 14. This writer has a talent for coming up with the most bottom-feeding, sick storylines anyone can imagine.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Byun-ho had a child with someone else while married and then married her yet his mother and GN's dad are acting like it's shameful that GN was with another man. Gross. 

The noble idiocy quad is so frustrating. At least Ye-seul and his dad's relationship is better but his singing career is kaput for the moment.

Why did they have to make that guy the rapist.

Geez, Gwang-sik's new guy sure moves fast per the preview.

• Like 3

I've gone from looking forward to each episode to almost dreading it.  I knew it was too early for a lot of the couples to have happy endings but I didn't expect so much contrived drama.  Ye-Seul is really the only decent character so of course he gets the most hardship.  The others have their moments but are selfish or judgmental more often than not.  That being said I still expect for happy endings for all the characters (except for the rapist, ugh...)  I think there are 9 weeks left, so hopefully things start going right for someone soon....

• Like 3

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2020-1563-01-24698,read,,34,812861

33회 미리보기 
풍년은 집나간 배변과 복뎅을 찾아 별빛찬란에 찾아오고
예슬은 주변의 응원에도 불구하고 마음을 잡지 못한다.
한편, 기진과 광태는 상견례를 진행하지만 풍진의 계략에 빠지는데..!

============

Ep. 33 text preview translated:

Pung-Nyeon goes to Sparkling Stars (studio apartments) to look for her son and baby.

Ye-Seul can't focus despite everyone cheering him on.

Gi-Jin and Gwang-Tae go ahead with their families meeting (ahead of marriage) but they fall into Pung-Jin's plot.

• Thanks 3

Score one for Gwang-nam vs. her MIL. Nothing wrong with Gwang-nam's schedule but MIL will regroup and fight GN tooth and nail.

Score for Pung-jin. Very smooth way to temporarily put a halt to the marriage.

Dad's noble blood is too good for loan sharks but he was planning to steal money from criminals a couple episodes ago.

• Like 1

Thank you, @backstreetboysfan. I did not have time to watch Sunday's ep.

So, about Saturday's ep:

- Gwang-Tae's argument to her father about why she should marry Gi-Jin. "Money is what matters in this world and realistically there is no chance I could ever hope to marry into this much money, so we should grab this chance like a dog chomping down on a bone!" Wow...

- And Gwang-Nam thanking Dead Maria for leaving them her house to live in. Wow...

This is all really ghoulish. I suppose this is really the way some people think? But seeing it depicted so nakedly... Wow. Is this the appeal of this show?

I mean, it was fine that the oldest and the youngest sister were shallow, but you kind of expect that they learn Life Lessons and reflect and grow at some point. But no, they have some hardships, give speeches like they learned something, then go right back into leeching off others.

I was touched by Gi-Jin's sweet letter to the father, asking to marry Gwang-Tae. As much as I enjoy these two together, honestly, all three men are really too good for these awful Gwang Sisters. Let's face it, none of these men are winners! But they each suck less than these three parasite sisters.

Kind of enjoyed Bong-Ja telling off the Father that his family is actually in the toilet so he needs to stop bragging about how he's from a "noble family" back in the Joseon days or whatever. Good for you, Bong-Ja. Like every character on this show, sometimes you suck, but on average, you are better and less hypocritical. But only by comparison.

The actor playing Pung-Jin is playing a wealthy loan shark on Devil Judge. He's being typecast as a wealthy loan shark? Ha ha.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

At least mopey Ye-seul is done but per the preview it looks like they decide to lie and say both his parents are dead. That will end well. The only upside of this storyline was Ye-seul and his dad mending their relationship.

So tired of Gwang-nam's MIL. I understand why she wouldn't like or trust GN after the past 15 years but of all of the unpleasant characters on the show, she is the worst for me.

Ttu-gi lucked out in the dad department even if the way it happened is a mess.

• Like 5

There were a few scenes I liked this weekend but I agree that the characters from the Lee family really aren't very likeable.  I appreciate that while GT is always talking about her fiances(?) building to her dad she at least tells her sisters that isn't why she is marrying.  Hopefully she'll stick with that through the rest of the show.  It was nice that GS went to Ye-Seul but it would have been nicer if she did that more out of love and less out of guilt.  I have no complaints about GN in the last few episodes, her mother-in-law is the only person worse than the Lees.

What is with the title, what is revolutionary about the sisters?

• Like 3