[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

Episode 27

I'm probably way more entertained than I should be that Maria died right after getting everything she wanted. Byun-ho wailing 'Maria' and his horrible mother simultaneously telling him how unreasonable he had been to not fall at Maria's feet and to get over it was unintentional comedy gold. I was sick of his mom so glad he kicked her out, but that inevitably means Gwang-nam will eventually start helping with the baby. On one hand, I think she deserves better than that, on the other hand, the thought of Maria fuming wherever she is pleases me.

Gwang-sik should tell Ye-seul the truth instead of keeping quiet and per the preview, breaking up with him. He's going to find out the truth anyway, don't make it worse by confirming that he's not really her #1 like promised.

So Taeng-ja is the first love of her boss.

I really haven't cared about Gwang-tae's relationship but watching the truth come out was amusing, especially the Chairman's reaction.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Maria is dead. Wow. :blink:

I suppose I'm glad she's gone because she was unpleasant to watch. She was a very sad person who was manipulating people around her to try and get what she wants and it was hard to find anything to like or respect about her.

But wow, I can't believe that the writer did that.

Because it's such a cop-out. The writer wrote herself into a corner, and instead of coming up with something that makes sense, she just killed off the obstacle. Unceremoniously. They pull a white sheet over her head, and then show Byeon-Ho and his mom walking out of the funeral home holding the baby. And they're done. They will probably never mention Maria again except to tell others about why the baby's mom isn't around anymore.

So when Byeon-Ho's mother was crying crocodile tears, I barely blinked. She only cared about Maria as a baby-making machine, and since Maria apparently has no family, Byeon-Ho and their baby probably get all her assets, including the home they live in, which is great for him since he was broke. And now that Byeon-Ho and Gwang-Nam are making goo-goo eyes at each other, and he kicked his mom out, too, they can move into Maria's home and raise the baby together.

This is this writer's version of a happy ending. I feel sick.

--

Nothing else to say except that I still like Gwang-Tae for her spunky attitude and am kind of feeling the romance between her and Gi-Jin. (FYI, his full name HEO GI-JIN mean "starving") Also, to be fair, he was really poor when they met because his brother had cut him off. So he wasn't really lying to her.

Taeng-Ja's little flashback with that guy who works at the chicken restaurant (Byeon Gong-Chae) was honestly hilarious.

I appreciate Taeng-Ja for owning her trashiness, instead of putting on airs that she is "from a noble family."

But wow, she is seriously TRASH.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@chickfactorMaria dying is a cop-out. The writer put in lines about Maria's health from the beginning so she never even thought about doing it differently. I know from her other dramas that her idea of a happy ending and mine are not the same.

• Like 2

Sometimes what you wish for in your heart is what you get. The lawyer enjoyed his new little family but not the wife. And he longed for his ex wife. As I see in the preview - now the three are together. Him, his son, and his ex wife. It's not official - they're  just lovingly playing house.

• Like 2

Episode 28

That was quick. Byun-ho and Gwang-nam are already on their way to happy little family. I guess neither really wanted the divorce, both just agreed so Byun-ho could be a father to his son. Byun-ho might cry for Maria, but he was always in love with Gwang-nam. Byun-ho's mom is going to flip out when she finds out Gwang-nam is back in the picture.

Jeez, Gwang-sik. She's usually the most sensible sister but then she turns around and is as dumb and horrible as the others. How about gently breaking the news to Ye-seul and her aunt instead of breaking up with Ye-seul and making him feel like a loser with her harsh words. Then she brings up him emigrating. You can't stop him from finding out, dummy 

When Gwang-tae agreed to marry Gi-jin despite thinking he was poor, I actually liked her a tiny bit so of course, she was only pretending to be mad and is thrilled that his brother's rich and owns a building. Sigh. I do find her scenes with the brother much more entertaining than her romance. They have each other's number whereas Gi-jin is always going to be adoringly under her thumb.

Of course the dads think stealing money from bad guys is a good idea.

• Like 5

This is really a tough watch.  There are parts that I like but weekends like this make it really tough to overlook how awful all of these characters are (I was going to say people but I really hope there aren't many people like this.)  I guess the fun is watching the journey?  It wasn't too much fun this weekend...

• Like 2

I don't understand what Gwang-Sik is doing. I don't understand how breaking up with Ye-Seul accomplishes anything.

Yes, Gong-Chae is probably Ttu-Gi's father. Good guess, you guys! (Everyone is connected on this show, after all.)

Enjoyed watching Gwang-Tae promote herself as the ideal wife for Gi-Jin to Mr. Loan Shark. She's probably capable of accomplishing a lot more in life.

• Like 3

BH decided to treat Maria as a real wife and took her on a honeymoon because of his son.  If not, she would have kept him from seeing his son.  Too bad, I don't feel sorry for her.  At least she died happy! 

Maybe I find myself being more and more irritated with GS, that I find GT is growing on me.  She's the gutsiest of the 3 sisters.   

• Like 1

Episode 29

I know double marriages within families was a no-no for a long time and there are still probably attitudes against it which is why drama writers like to use it as a storyline but this isn't even a potential stepsister/stepbrother relationship. Bong-ja is the aunt. Nobody should be breaking up because of this, whether Gwang-sik's dad and his noble blood has a cow or not. The bigger issue is Ye-seul's mom, dad and Bong-ja were all selfish and as a result, did a number on Ye-seul growing up and Gwang-sik, the one person who could offer him comfort and advice, is all mixed up in the family drama.

The other storylines kind of took a backseat. GN is into babies, or  baby, now, but I guess a baby looks alright compared to the rest of her life.

• Like 2

I liked how the 2 couples finally got together and talked, at least compared to how much I hated them lying/hiding things to each other.  I also liked how the two women were willing to sacrifice their own relationships while the two men were the opposite.  It seems to fit with the women being from a noble family while the men were from a lower class background.

I like how GN is getting into babies without having to give birth, put on weight etc...  It seems to fit her personality more than having her actually give birth.

• Like 1

The taboo of double-marriage isn't quite what people think it is. I recently saw a drama where two sisters married two brothers and there was no fuss. (Well, there was fuss but it was not about their family relationships but wealth disparity.)

I really have no idea why Gwang-Sik can't marry Ye-Seul. Gwang-Sik is Bong-Ja's niece, not her daughter. There is just no need for any of this angst, except the fact that Ye-Seul hates "the other woman," who made his mom miserable.

Ye-Seul seemed like the best person on the show. But since no one can be a normal, stable person on this show, they had to show that he is messed up in the head, too? For... drama's sake, I guess?

I really do not understand why they keep saying they're from a noble family. Really, do people still care about this? It's not like in feudal times when noble family never married peasants and everyone was inbred as a result. That was centuries ago and there is so much intermarrying that everyone in Korea is probably related to a royal family or a noble family in some way.

Also, they're a mess! Nothing wrong with working menial jobs to make an honest living. But really, it's just ridiculous to act like they are too good for anyone else. One can only assume that they are clinging to the only shred of pride left to them?

Also, Bong-Ja is ostensibly not from any noble family because the so-called noble family is the father and the three Gwang sisters. Again, assuming that this stuff matters to anyone.

--

My mind is truly blown by the way Gwang-Nam's story is playing out. Due to the entire Maria episode, Gwang-Nam and Byeon-Ho find:

- new appreciation for each other

- a baby, without going through pregnancy and birth which she didn't want to do

- Maria's home and assets

Maria was just a bad fever dream, and just what this stale marriage needed to spice things up.

This is so ghoulish, I just can't...

--

So the Father is actually counting on the buried gangster money and already going around telling his family that they can spend it on things they want, like the ballet studio and convenience store? Whatever happened to working hard and saving their money for a brighter future? They occasionally make these speeches about work ethic and living an honest life and it's really all just crap. Wow.

Everyone here is just completely disappointing and sad.

• Like 3

Episode 30

And that happened ... Don't speed through yellow lights, kids. I wish the writer had skipped the double marriage drama that should not even be drama and just let it be about Ye-seul not being able to accept the aunt because that makes sense. His parents marital drama did a number on him.

Does the writer have mom issues. Everyone is a mess, and they all had horrible mothers (fathers too in Ye-seul and the Gwang sisters cases). The Ja sisters had an abusive mom. Maeng-ja was a horrible mom and Taeng-ja was a bad mom to her sons. Ye-seul's dad was sold into a marriage be didn't want and was checked out. He treated Ye-seul like dirt for 32 years; Ye-seul's mom lied about having cancer and laid the whole emotional burden on Ye-seul in her will. Byun-ho's mom is a piece of work. 

• Like 2

Based on this and Liver or DIe I think the answer to your questions about Mother issues is a strong yes!  I think she must also have issues with familial expectations.

What was with that scene at the Hotel?  Did they sleep together or was he just showing her how serious he was about her?

It looks like the guy who was buying chicken is going to start pursuing GS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I hope that Ye-Seul will be okay

He is one of ML, isn't he? So he will be okay eventually

1 hour ago, D27Gjk68 said:

It looks like the guy who was buying chicken is going to start pursuing GS.

at least he will be her business partner / offering joint venture for the business.