[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

KBS PRESENTS

Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

Revolutionary_Sisters-P1.jpg

Drama: Revolutionary Sisters (English title) / OK Kwang Sisters (literal title)
Hangul: 오케이 광자매
Director: Lee Jin-Seo
Writer: Moon Young-Nam
Network: KBS2
Episodes: 50
Release Date: March 13 - September 5, 2021
Runtime: Saturday & Sunday 19:55
Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis 
While in the process of filing for a divorce, a mother is murdered. All of her immediate family members are potential suspects.

• Lee Cheol-Soo (Yun Ju-Sang) is the father of three daughters. Lee Cheol-Soo is strict when it comes to rules and principles. He doesn't get along with his adult age daughters.
  • Lee Kwang-Nam (Hong Eun-Hee) is the oldest daughter. She is proud of herself and also selfish. She has received unconditional love from her mother, which led to her dislike of her father. Her father has put her mother through so much suffering.
  • Lee Kwang-Sik (Jeon Hye-Bin) is the second oldest daughter. She works as a public officer. Lee Kwang-Sik is smart and principled. She hasn't received a lot of love from her parents, but she is considerate of other people.
  • Lee Kwang-Tae (Go Won-Hee) is the youngest daughter. She is good at martial arts. Lee Kwang-Tae has never held a full-time job and she has supported herself by working part-time jobs. She isn't interested in marriage.
  • Meanwhile, since Han Ye-Seul (Kim Kyung-Nam) was little, he has dreamed of becoming a rock singer. He dropped out of school and came to Seoul to pursue his dream.

Main Cast

• Yoon Joo-sang as Lee Cheol-soo
    65 years old, father of three daughters, Bong-ja's husband, Taeng-ja's brother-in-law, works to open the toilet sewage system
  • Hong Eun-hee as Lee Gwang-nam
    First daughter, egoistic, vain and conceited, Lee Cheol-soo's first daughter, Gwang-sik and Gwang-tae's eldest sister
  • Jeon Hye-bin as Lee Gwang-sik
    Second daughter, smart and just, wise and considerate and an intelligent government employee
  • Go Won-hee as Lee Gwang-tae
    Youngest sister to Gwang-nam and Gwang-sik, 11th-degree black belts, cheerful and cool, a trend taker
  • Kim Kyung-nam as Han Ye-seul
    Trot singer, Gwang-sik's lover, humorous and a manly character
  • Choi Dae-chul as Bae Byeon-ho
    45 years old, Lee Gwang-nam's husband, a successful lawyer
  • Lee Bo-hee as Oh Bong-ja
    57 years old, mother of three daughters, Cheol-soo's wife, Taeng-ja's sister, owner of a one-room building
  • Lee Byung-joon as Han Dol-se
    57 years old, Han Ye-seul's father, junior from Lee Cheol-soo's hometown

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

• Lmangla changed the title to [Current drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매, Sat&Sun @ 1955KST

Is anyone watching this drama? my impression is that pretty much all of the family are really unlikeable and annoying to watch. I randomly caught a YT clip of the lawyer and his cook arguing - thanks youtube recommendations! was kind of intrigued by the train wreck factor and just skimmed through all the episodes only to catch their story. the ballerina wife is so annoying. instead felt sorry for the lawyer. even the cook lady was more interesting as a person... :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@Lmangla you are right, the characters are very unlikeable.  There isn't a single likeable character in the show.  Maybe the love interest of the second sister.  But I think she is also unlikeable and I don't wish such a nice guy for her! 

The three sisters are quite happy to accuse their father of murder but have doubts whenever the stupid policeman suspects anyone else of murder.  Their father has some secrets in a locked suitcase.  They demand to know the contents.  They try to bully the Dad and put him on the defensive, just to satisfy their curiosity.  

The ballerina sister is the eldest of the 3 flakes.  She is totally self-absorbed and spends all her time and money on botx and shopping.  I guess in future episodes there will be a song and dance about her sad life so we are supposed to feel sorry for this sponge.   It is a wonder that her husband stayed married to her.  But I don't wish him to be with the cook lady, Maria. 

Maria acts as if she is a victim.  But she took advantage of the man while he was drunk.  Maria raped him because he was not in a condition to say yes.  He is every much a victim but Maria tries to guilt him into  leaving the useless self-absorbed wife for her.  At least, she has stopped making the sign of the cross at every scene.  I am not a Catholic but I found it very offensive.  I know enough to know that it is a prayer to God so I think it is very low class of the producers to make a mockery of it.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, O said:

The ballerina sister is the eldest of the 3 flakes.  She is totally self-absorbed and spends all her time and money on botx and shopping.  I guess in future episodes there will be a song and dance about her sad life so we are supposed to feel sorry for this sponge.   It is a wonder that her husband stayed married to her.  But I don't wish him to be with the cook lady, Maria. 

at one point, even the sister and aunt said that only someone as wimpy as lawyer would have put up with her nonsense for 15 years. anyone else would have walked out. she is incredibly self-absorbed. 

1 hour ago, O said:

Maria acts as if she is a victim.  But she took advantage of the man while he was drunk.  Maria raped him because he was not in a condition to say yes.  He is every much a victim but Maria tries to guilt him into  leaving the useless self-absorbed wife for her.  At least, she has stopped making the sign of the cross at every scene.  I am not a Catholic but I found it very offensive.  I know enough to know that it is a prayer to God so I think it is very low class of the producers to make a mockery of it.  

for some reason, it felt that in some ways, it was actually kind of mutual consent. so it is not like they showed what happened in the room or anything like that but lawyer was really unhappy with his life. he never accused maria of taking advantage of him or that he was trapped by her. wife thinks it is weird that he cheated for food but for him, food was equal to showing love. it was the tangible, physical show of care and comfort. so for 15 years, he felt like a shadow and unloved. in some ways, think maria was on point when she said that it was ridiculous that he never saw what was going on. there are plenty of restaurants he could have gone to but he kept going to hers and she was cooking for him home food - stuff that wasn't on the menu but made for him. he ate at her kitchen for 13 years. the father asked sarcastically if he was having an affair with maria - so perhaps that vibe was present from the start.

while some of maria's tactics were certainly eyebrow raising, it felt like she had a point. lawyer had a choice to make -- either he accepts the kid as legally his or he lets her raise the child. when he didn't have to make a choice, he was happy to raise the kid with her for months. he was not willing to let her declare the baby on her registry because he wants the baby. his wife is such a self-absorbed flake that she won't even cook food for an adult. where is she going to take care of a babe? he is desperate to be a father and maria is the mother. plus, if maria is being truthful in that she got divorced after 3 IVF attempts, then obviously the child is a miracle to her. why should she be expected to give up the child to him? in many ways, it felt like he was in a pseudo relationship with maria for years (even if he wasn't quite aware of it) - he came to her for comfort and love and received it in the form of food. 

but I agree with you - I have no idea why she kept making the sign of the cross. it did seem like a mockery but this drama is very weird in that most of the characters seem like a strange joke. it is actually a very difficult drama to watch because almost all of them are so annoying. I just ffwd all the scenes except for lawyer and maria because I am so curious about this train wreck now. 

1 hour ago, O said:

I guess in future episodes there will be a song and dance about her sad life so we are supposed to feel sorry for this sponge. 

yea I expect that will happen but I don't feel sorry for her at all. she really deserves to fall on the road. am going to guess that mom-in-law is going to force lawyer to divorce wife and marry maria. given how she treated mom-in-law like dirt for years and made mom-in-law feel guilty about the non-existent sterility of lawyer, mom-in-law will have zero sympathy for wife. so yea, it is going to come and bite her. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

for some reason, it felt that in some ways, it was actually kind of mutual consent. so it is not like they showed what happened in the room or anything like that but lawyer was really unhappy with his life. he never accused maria of taking advantage of him or that he was trapped by her. wife thinks it is weird that he cheated for food but for him, food was equal to showing love. it was the tangible, physical show of care and comfort. so for 15 years, he felt like a shadow and unloved. in some ways, think maria was on point when she said that it was ridiculous that he never saw what was going on. there are plenty of restaurants he could have gone to but he kept going to hers and she was cooking for him home food - stuff that wasn't on the menu but made for him. he ate at her kitchen for 13 years. the father asked sarcastically if he was having an affair with maria - so perhaps that vibe was present from the start.

It's weird that they never showed the discussion about how she got pregnant because dude clearly did not remember sleeping with her when she came to his office to say goodbye or when he was called to the delivery room. I know there was apparently a DNA test done offscreen, but I don't fully trust Maria. I do think she took advantage of his inebriated state in that hotel room, but I agree that food was a physical show of care of comfort for him and there was an emotional component there that he didn't realize. 

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea I expect that will happen but I don't feel sorry for her at all. she really deserves to fall on the road. am going to guess that mom-in-law is going to force lawyer to divorce wife and marry maria. given how she treated mom-in-law like dirt for years and made mom-in-law feel guilty about the non-existent sterility of lawyer, mom-in-law will have zero sympathy for wife. so yea, it is going to come and bite her. 

IIRC his mom said the fortune teller said he would marry three times and have a son and a daughter. I expect his mom to force him to divorce his wife and marry Maria, but he'll remarry the selfish twit by the end of the series and have a daughter  with her. Poor kid. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

at one point, even the sister and aunt said that only someone as wimpy as lawyer would have put up with her nonsense for 15 years. anyone else would have walked out. she is incredibly self-absorbed. 

Regarding her behavior, I won't be as categorical as you, I mean her husband married her he knew what he was doing, he knew what kind of woman she was, ok I saw their conversations before the husband don't leave the house, they both had arguments, it's sad. If not, is he really his child? some comments said that it was surely not his son, that maria was lying, at this stage personally I do not know, she seemed to have done DNA tests.

the husband's mother, asked the wife to divorce her son

And the mother who told him that she had seen a clairvoyant at the time who predicted that her son would have three marriages: so we can already see that he will divorce his wife , and marry maria, divorce her after for what reason? right? and then come back with his first wife? it seems logical, we'll see

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, qynn said:

It's weird that they never showed the discussion about how she got pregnant because dude clearly did not remember sleeping with her when she came to his office to say goodbye or when he was called to the delivery room. I know there was apparently a DNA test done offscreen, but I don't fully trust Maria. I do think she took advantage of his inebriated state in that hotel room, but I agree that food was a physical show of care of comfort for him and there was an emotional component there that he didn't realize. 

the lack of discussion is why I suspect that it was mutual consent. otherwise, he would have been upset or shocked by the baby but instead he sees it as an unexpected blessing. only problem for him is that baby is a 1+1 package... but yea, maria is an interesting shade where you wonder how truthful she is... 

26 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

some comments said that it was surely not his son, that maria was lying, at this stage personally I do not know, she seemed to have done DNA tests.

yea, I have seen some comments as well that doubted whether he was the parent. however, she seemed to have done her homework and this isn't one of those revenge dramas where they fake the DNA test LOL. so am going to assume the test result was real. maria also seems like she doesn't really need him -- so she seems to be well off enough that she can afford to live on her own without a restaurant for some time. in that sense, there is nothing for her to take advantage of him. she has point blank refused his money and said it was offensive. she also seemed to find his behaviour of treating her like a secret mistress/family offensive. so while she is very pushy in wanting a family unit for herself and son, in a way, it makes sense. as she said, she has become bold and pushy because she became a mom and even the aunt agreed.... 

26 minutes ago, qynn said:

IIRC his mom said the fortune teller said he would marry three times and have a son and a daughter. I expect his mom to force him to divorce his wife and marry Maria, but he'll remarry the selfish twit by the end of the series and have a daughter  with her. Poor kid. 

the writer probably wants us to cheer for him to get back together with that twit but like you said, am already thinking "poor kid"...

• Like 1

I watched Episode 13 and some of what we were discussing happened. No surprise lawyer's mom and Maria are besties, and she demanded the ballerina divorce her son. Looks like he will ask her for a divorce too. The dinner at Maria's made it clear he has zero feelings for Maria. A marriage with Maria won't work because he still loves the ballerina. why is beyond me.

So the song and dance about the ballerina's sad life began already. It was horrific what happened to her, and they have shown that she has nightmares and is no doubt traumatized and has felt guilty all of her life even if she didn't know why. I don't feel sorry for her regarding the demise of her marriage though. 

The mother is just an outright villain. I guess divorce might have been taboo 35 years ago but I don't know how the dad could have two more kids with her after her neglect (worse if she was really drugging her babies) killed their son. It's not like that incident changed her into a better person. Hopefully, the murder mystery is truly done so we don't have to see that cop anymore 

I wonder if the writer meant to do the reveals this early or if there was backlash over how hateful the characters are. The sisters sure did a 180 but it did nothing for me.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, qynn said:

A marriage with Maria won't work because he still loves the ballerina. why is beyond me.

the bigger mystery than the murder -- why do characters like ballerina have people that love them and stay loyal despite the toxicity?? :mellow: she was emotionally abusive. just because she didn't want to eat food and had a disorder, she in essence forced the lawyer to lose weight claiming he was overweight, refused to serve him food etc. withholding food for whatever reason is also a kind of torture no? making him guilty about wanting food is rather mean. after all, isn't food a basic requirement of life? but he still put up with her, lied to his mother that he is sterile and paid for her luxurious lifestyle while she just sat, complained and treated him like an ATM. so yea, I don't feel sorry for her either. she is a selfish twit. she is just sad she no longer gets to kick him around. 

am not surprised the mother is choosing maria -- unlike the ballerina, she is treating the mother with basic respect and etiquette. tells you how bad mother was treated if she switched sides without hesitation. 

7 hours ago, qynn said:

I wonder if the writer meant to do the reveals this early or if there was backlash over how hateful the characters are. The sisters sure did a 180 but it did nothing for me.

the ratings are good but I wonder if the local audience hates the characters as much as us.. maybe someone like @Ayame would know.... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the ratings are good but I wonder if the local audience hates the characters as much as us.. maybe someone like @Ayame would know.... 

Oh hey... I was gonna watch this drama since I'm familiar with a lot of the cast, but decided not to since the plot didn't really interest me enough. But looking at the comments, I guess it's okay that I'm not watching it lol.

Well, the ratings for weekend/family dramas are always high no matter what... But from looking at the comments on the drama's channel on Naver TV there are a few comments of people asking to change the writer or for the writer to change the plot, etc. But looking at the comments from Korean viewers on the official website, there are definitely a lot more complaints against the writer on there. Saying that if KBS insists on "this kind of writer", then the viewers will eventually leave, etc. I feel like the comments on the official website does give you a better idea of what the Korean audience thinks.

Here if you want to see the comments on Naver TV: https://tv.naver.com/kbs.okgwangsis/talks

You can also read the Korean viewer comments on the drama's official website:

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/board.html?smenu=986b69&bbs_loc=T2020-1563-01-611795,list,none,1,0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks @Ayame; reading through the comments  -- they sound so annoyed that they want the drama to be cut short! wonder if that will actually happen.

so for those watching like @qynn, @marrez1, @O, here is the gist I picked up from looking through a few comments -- basically they find the characters really unlikeable, lack of chemistry between the actors (especially the sisters) that it feels fake, the treatment of the father (terrible), dislike the ballerina, mixed feeling about this story of blessing (some think it was inevitable because of ballerina while others don't like the affair), find maria's sign of the cross disrespectful/slander to Catholics, mostly about how this drama is so tedious and stressful to watch and then doing a turnaround in the second half is not going to cut it, they need to put a family drama that is actually a family drama... they also find the whole mask thing annoying -- basically if you are going to have characters wear masks, then make them wear it properly. otherwise, just remove it from the story altogether....  

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

I can't disagree with any of those comments. I don't know why I'm still sticking with a drama that is tedious and stressful to watch, but I also stuck with the writer's dramas "Our Gap-soon" and "Liver or Die" until the bitter end. I hate the writing but feel compelled to see how low it can go, I guess. Others must be like me because the writer does generate ratings. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

Eldest daughter's husband got the cook pregnant? How did that happen? You all would answer the obvious. But this reminds me of an old short drama I watched a long, long time ago. -- Where the situation was similar to this one. A young big girl had a crush on a guy - a one sided thing. One day he gets drunk and she decides to take advantage of the situation. She mounts him and has her way with him. He is still passed out and she falls asleep  without dismounting when she's finished. She wakes up the next morning - still on top of him. She then looks at his lifeless body. 

I didn't get the impression from reading the translated comments from Korean viewers that they dislike the wife of the cheater. They referred to her by her name. Where as with the mistress, they would refer to her as SinMaria instead of Shin Maria, Maria Misery. Lawyer Bae they call him defecation. In the drama dialogue, they're always making comments like, for a lawyer you are stupid. I call him the cheating husband lawyer because that is what he is. He is sneaking around playing house with his other family without the wife's knowledge. He is is a coward. I think by the last part of the latest ep she does that for him. I say I think because I have not watched it subbed yet. From what I've read, the Korean commenters are saying that the wife will exist her marriage pregnant. 

As for Maria doing the sign of the cross frequently, I think it's purpose is to show that she will pay heavily as a consequence of her tactics. For example, the baby getting sick and losing him. -  in my opinion -  every time Maria stands next to Byun Ho, she looks pretty and he looks washed out.  She needs to feed him a little more. In no time too, he will get his dad bod look.

The rest of the characters seem normal to me. Ungrateful children, unloved children, easy money etc. Our imperfect

world. By the way, @qynnI do remember Choi Dae Chul(the lawyer) being in Our Gap Soon as the swaying husband. And the wife was a good cook in that drama.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brooksmom said:

Eldest daughter's husband got the cook pregnant? How did that happen? You all would answer the obvious. But this reminds me of an old short drama I watched a long, long time ago. -- Where the situation was similar to this one. A young big girl had a crush on a guy - a one sided thing. One day he gets drunk and she decides to take advantage of the situation. She mounts him and has her way with him. He is still passed out and she falls asleep  without dismounting when she's finished. She wakes up the next morning - still on top of him. She then looks at his lifeless body. 

Man! This situation appears to be the similar minus the lifeless body lol. The writer did the same thing in Liver or Die. A girl showed up pregnant, claiming it was the youngest brother's baby. He was like we never had sex. She then explained that she'd had a crush on him so one night when he was passed out drunk she made things happen. It was disturbing then and it is disturbing now. The writer has issues.

My feelings about Gwang Nam have kind of changed after this weekend's episodes. I don't feel sorry for her exactly, but I recognize how much her mother warped her. She's a self-absorbed twit, but she never pretended otherwise and is sort of trying now that her eyes have been forced open. She needs to grow up but to do that she needs honesty. Not her husband being honest while drunk then taking it back the next morning and going to play happy family at Maria's. 

Let's just say I like Gwang Nam slightly more than Maria who is not as nice as she appears or the husband who is a coward.

I don't understand why the middle sister's "husband" can refuse a divorce and use her seeing another man against her when he was cheating after they registered the marriage. Can she not prove that? 

• Like 5

@Lmangla said: 

Spoiler

Oh, another it's her fault minus the beating him up to a pulp with pillows.

He's a coward. I called it. Maria called it. And so does his wife. If it "kinda" was mutual consent, he shoulda man up and started a affair or just left his wife for her. I know, there's a fantasy scenario where one doesn't want to take responsibility for doing wrong, sleeping with someone else. The fantasy scenario is Oh, I'll get drunk and maybe she/he will take advantage of me. And more so, if he really did notice that she had a thing for him. If this was the case, why did he say as you all can see she's not my type. She is your type. Stop with the games coward!

I have two grown daughters who aren't into food. So, my two son in laws have turned into really good cooks. Either that or starve to death. Divorcing my daughters was never an option. And yes, my two son in laws see feeding people as showing love. They show a lot of love. And we all love them back. With my two sons, it's 50/50; their wives cook for them and they too like to cook meals for their wives.  I wonder if the lawyer and his wife had a conversation about this before they got married. Probably it wasn't an issue for him then. And the wife didn't know it would be.

How does that song go

Mermaids "If You Wanna Be Happy" ending movie scene 1990 - YouTube

• Like 2

18 hours ago, qynn said:

I can't disagree with any of those comments. I don't know why I'm still sticking with a drama that is tedious and stressful to watch, but I also stuck with the writer's dramas "Our Gap-soon" and "Liver or Die" until the bitter end. I hate the writing but feel compelled to see how low it can go, I guess. Others must be like me because the writer does generate ratings. 

omo, this is the writer behind gap soon? it so explains everything!!!!! this writer seems to specialize in writing dramas without warmth where every single character annoys you or makes you raise your eyebrow or you just don't care about. if I remember right gap soon had really terrible ratings and people who managed to finish basically complained watch to the end. I don't know if I have enough patience to keep watching. maybe another week or two to see the divorce of the ballerina and then maybe check in the last episode... 

17 hours ago, brooksmom said:

the wife will exist her marriage pregnant. 

yea since they keep mentioning the fortune teller, guess that could happen. realistically though, I am not sure how that would be the case. I vaguely remember reading this from years ago -- so any eating disorders / extreme dieting gets translated by the body as malnutrition and the body then shuts down ovulation and menstruation as a self-coping mechanism. so it can take months/years for the body to recover and in some cases, the women don't get their hormonal cycle back in balance. since she has been starving herself for years, her body should be out of whack. but this is dramaland. so it could happen. shrug. 

as for the cooking, I get the argument that it is not the wife's duty to cook. however, what made me raise my eye is not the cooking but that she made him lose weight because she was obsessed unhealthily with weight. that feels problematic to me. you don't want to eat, fine; but why are you controlling someone else food intake when there is no medical reason? plus, there are lots of options for folks who can't cook. you can get home catering services (at least in my place you can), hire a cook or just buy pre-packaged food etc. why on earth is the fridge empty? because she wants to avoid eating?

especially during covid times :( when there is so much stress placed on the importance of being healthy and eating well to have some basic immunity levels, the lack of food in the house for loved ones does seem like an issue.  

it was not like this ballerina was working and was stretched for time; she just spent his money on things like plastic surgeries and clothes. she was married to him for 15 years but doesn't have a clue what his favourite foods are?  but yea, it was obviously a failed marriage in that they were married for 15 years and she had no idea what his needs are. he never communicated what he wanted and just bit his tongue. he was indeed a coward and even her relatives admit that because he is a wimpy pushover, he hung in there for so long. so it was inevitable that it would break down at some point. find these characters so annoying that it really does get a meh from me. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, qynn said:

My feelings about Gwang Nam have kind of changed after this weekend's episodes. I don't feel sorry for her exactly, but I recognize how much her mother warped her. She's a self-absorbed twit, but she never pretended otherwise and is sort of trying now that her eyes have been forced open. She needs to grow up but to do that she needs honesty. Not her husband being honest while drunk then taking it back the next morning and going to play happy family at Maria's. 

after watching sunday's episode, I still dislike ballerina and don't feel sorry for her either. :sweatingbullets: found it interesting that the reason the family is against her divorcing is because they think she doesn't have what it takes to stand on her own. in other words, they don't want her as a problem they have to deal with and rather let the lawyer deal with her. the only one who thinks she needs to stand on her two feet and can handle life is the sister. hmmm...

so the aunts have a pretty low opinion of her. they also recognize that she doesn't have what it takes to raise this child as her own. in that case, how is it in the best interest of the child that she raise him? like the mom-in-law said, maria's lack of education is hardly a reason for ballerina to be a better mom. maria is financially independent and can actually be a single mom on her own if lawyer said no. also found it interesting that the reason lawyer is waffling is because he feels guilty and does not want to be the bad guy. rather than his heart, he is more worried that she will fall apart into depression if he leaves. so in heart of hearts, he already knows that he wants to be with his child and understands that means he has to accept maria as well.

as for ballerina, it seemed like such a joke that after 15 years where she never went to her mom-in-law's house, she goes there to try and appease her. the woman had a 15 year head start but she didn't build ties with his family, looked down on his mom, made snide comments. now she is shocked that the mom sides with maria. well, you reap what you sow. you don't treat people well, don't be surprised if they walk away from you. just saying sorry or feeling bad isn't enough to undo the years of damage. 

the drama would be interesting if ballerina got a spine where she learned to live on her own and matured. for that, she and lawyer need to part ways forever. but who knows if that will happen... shrug. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Right now what is keeping me in this drama is Lee Kwang-Sik and Han Ye-Seul.

Same with me!

Ep 14 was the first one where I found Kwang Tae and Jung Hwan interesting in the least but they are still too lazy and selfish for me to care about.

I don't love Kwang Nam but I don't think she did anything to deserve being cheated on and lied to the way her husband is doing.  Beyond that, the entire pregnancy is extremely weird.  I know they said they had a test to prove he is the father but given how drunk he was that seems.... unlikely.