[Drama 2021] Amor Fati, 아모르파티

SC2019

19 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I hated that the episode ended that way but I loved Witches facial expression.  I believe although she will sink her claws into Lara. Her life at home won’t be chummy.  She will be compared to the ex wife often because of her attitude. 

how many of you enjoyed the white lotus act she put up for the Chariman. It was to funny . The Chairman doesn’t care at all because he knew this would happen. Lol lol 

@maribella @backstreetboysfan @Naty828 @marrez1

I loved their facial expression as well.

• LOL 1

On 6/22/2021 at 8:46 PM, brooksmom said:

Rakuten VIKI is paving the way.  This month is gay pride month and their "Rakuten VIKI" is now lit up in rainbow. 

Post COVId, Viki is experiencing major subscriber loss, even more so with BL dramas. They were hemorrhaging subscribers before CoVID due to their Viki passes and late Subs along with their BL direction. They had major growth during the height of the pandemic due to multiple shutdowns and now they are back to being at a loss. Despite some in the international audience liking the new direction and there are many fans, but most of Viki subscribers are quite socially conservative. Viki only went "woke" when Drama Fever lost massive subscribers after they went woke with adding the "In Between Seasons" movie which presented Warner Brothers with a perfect opportunity cut the mustard post-merger.

Netflix, although they lost many subscribers especially after that "Cuties" fiasco, they are also hemorrhaging subscribers from Viki because their Korean and other Asian content is growing exponentially, and they are guaranteed to have subtitles on time without fèedback about how the [Viki] pass subscription does not include subs. 

Viki was at its best before they were sold to Rakuten.

Edited by TheQueenReturns
  • Like 1

From the preview finally next week we will know the truth about why the daughter's boyfriend does not match the loving feelings.

the new wife has discovered that her husband still has feelings for her ex, so he is not entirely in love with her, which puts her in the balance. The boyfriend's mother has an eye for judging people, she should take the place of her husband, I like her very much, direct but subtle, she doesn't expose herself too much but she strikes. B)

• Like 3

I'm 50/50 on this. If Seo Woo boyfriend is gay and in-love with his friend,SBS may be treading lightly to see what kind of reaction it would get before diving off the cliff. SBS doesn't carry the highest ratings anyway. He could also be in love with his friend's girlfriend. I think that they will hold their cards close to their chest so they will not get boycotted. After todays episode, the hints are there that it could go either way. His friend stated that Seo Woo was the only girl in his life.

They did that with Secret Boutique which rating went from low to almost non-existent.

The only other option is maybe he has an incurable disease? Because of  rationalizing it, him being in love with his friend doesn't make sense either, because he told his parents that he's not letting it go. He knows that his friend is not homosexual so that's not even the Avenue for him to even attempt.

This is a new writer on the scene, so it can be plot device or the director will reel her back in.

• Like 4

I feel SW should just let go. She knows he doesn’t love her but she keeps pushing for the relationship. But deep down she already knows what is going on. For now SW and ex bf are characters that is supposed to be the catalyst to for Vixen To get rid of Seo MinGoo so that she can promote hubby and then get her claws in the company. For now the Chairman isn’t ready to transfer him but if something bad happens to SW that will happen.  @TheQueenReturns @Naty828 @backstreetboysfan @maribella  Do you guys see it?

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860b095030f4940a7690

Spoiler

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I feel SW should just let go. She knows he doesn’t love her but she keeps pushing for the relationship. But deep down she already knows what is going on. For now SW and ex bf are characters that is supposed to be the catalyst to for Vixen To get rid of Seo MinGoo so that she can promote hubby and then get her claws in the company. For now the Chairman isn’t ready to transfer him but if something bad happens to SW that will happen.  @TheQueenReturns @Naty828 @backstreetboysfan @maribella  Do you guys see it?

I agree. I wish SW would let go. She knew before that he was just not that into her. I don't agree with how he ended things. He never should have proposed to her when he knew that he saw her as a sister or just a friend. He tried to do something nice for her given how things went with her family but in the end all he did was hurt her more. His actions were bad because he never should have spent the night with her. I guess that night made him realize for sure that women were perhaps not the one for him. If it turns out he is gay then I think he finally came to terms with it but the way he went about it by not speaking up days before the family meeting or talking to SW personally was wrong. 

I guess SW just can't accept things yet. This is why she is asking the friend how well does he know him. I guess she wants to see if he is lying to her. None of this will make the situation better so its best to let go. She is hurt now but at least she did not marry him and then find out and be resentful that he lied to her leaving her unfulfilled. 

I also agree that Vixen will use this to get rid of his father from the company. He is a voice of reason although he is not listening to his wife about Vixen. We know eventually everyone that cheater had close to him and he would listen to will be removed from near his side so he can only listen to his new wife. Vixen is very funny that she took the man when she knew he would have never divorced his wife and now she is upset that cheater keeps running back to his wife or calling her Yeobo...all this is doing is making her determined to take things away from that family because of spite. I can't say that they don't deserve it because they do. The way they treated the lead female was bad after 25 years in that house. The ones hit hard will be cheater and his mother. Vixen is working on his mother now with her bad investments. Next she will have to get rid of the Chairman in order to be able to snatch the company from the idiot cheater.

Hearing that the ex wife who she looked down on is not only not crying in her cups over the loss of cheater but has also decided to launch a home shopping channel will further upset her. Here she thought she was being accepted on some level but then per the preview everyone seems to be surprised and happy that ex wife is doing well and starting her own channel. They are perhaps praising the ex while she is sitting there. There is no way she will not give the ex wife and her ex husband peace. Its for sure she will try hard to compete and get rid of them if she can. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

@UnniSarah I always thought there won't be gay characters in daily shows because housewives and other conservative stay-at-homes are the majority audience. We will know soon perhaps. His parents seem to be good people so far.

I have only watched a few episodes, reading the forum mostly, so I could not tell if he had only treated her like a sister. 
What are the writer's other works? I usually gauge the outcomes from previous works.

The Chairman seems like a decent person, unlike the idiot son. 
I think the evil mistress will try to sabotage the FL's business. Since the ML is looking for a loan the evil mistress will get someone to be her front and lend him money, then pull the rug.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, maribella said:

@UnniSarah I always thought there won't be gay characters in daily shows because housewives and other conservative stay-at-homes are the majority audience. We will know soon perhaps. His parents seem to be good people so far.

I have only watched a few episodes, reading the forum mostly, so I could not tell if he had only treated her like a sister. 
What are the writer's other works? I usually gauge the outcomes from previous works.

This is the writer's first work. Only after today's episode am I 50/50, but I will admit that I was really fast forwarding and skipping for like 3 weeks. It could very well not be it or he could be bi because he was at least able to get a rise to perform unless they retcon it. That is why I am saying that this new writer maybe trying to test the waters and the director will pump the brakes.

He could be addicted to drugs for all we know.

If someone can give me the episode number when he was uncomfortable around his male friend for a gathering?

• Like 3

I still think SW ex boyfriend is gay , in 2010 SBS aired a family drama that had a gay couple ..they had some controversy but the drama had good rating they even increased the number of the ep cause of it ... it was a great drama I really enjoyed it

if SBS were okay doing that 10 years ago Im sure they may try it again since Koreans views might've changed a bit during this period

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 사나다니엘 said:

I still think SW ex boyfriend is gay , in 2010 SBS aired a family drama that had a gay couple ..they had some controversy but the drama had good rating they even increased the number of the ep cause of it ... it was a great drama I really enjoyed it

if SBS were okay doing that 10 years ago Im sure they may try it again since Koreans views might've changed a bit during this period

And there is a reason why they have not done it like that specifically in 11 years. 2010 was SBS year of many shows explicitly going that route. Compare SBS ratings in 2010 with 2021.

"Life is Beautiful" is the name of the drama.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TheQueenReturns said:

This is the writer's first work. Only after today's episode am I 50/50, but I will admit that I was really fast forwarding and skipping for like 3 weeks. It could very well not be it or he could be bi because he was at least able to get a rise to perform unless they retcon it. That is why I am saying that this new writer maybe trying to test the waters and the director will pump the brakes.

He could be addicted to drugs for all we know.

If someone can give me the episode number when he was uncomfortable around his male friend for a gathering?

If SW is a pain, I think the studio can get away with getting her hurt. But she is a sweet loyal kid, so in love. The ratings will drop if is not some noble self sacrificing deed. Of course, it will turn into a mess if they try to change him.

Well at least it will be an interesting new show. 

• Like 5

@UnniSarah I didn't want to quote your post with the gifs but that expression on younger sister's face when she was telling the cheater about his ex and her new love interest were absolutely priceless and hilarious. That character is growing on me. I really like the role the younger sister is playing in this show. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Episode 57: The witch is messing with their Home Shopping Network deal.

Not surprised at all @TheQueenReturns , she seems like the jealous type and willing to do anything to win.  Even if she ruins it, I bet you Lara will try to get her to join Lara Fashion design.

@rolisrntex Long Time no see chingu. How are you doing? I never disliked her because she never wanted Vixen as a sister in law.  Sure she is spoiled but she wasn’t brainless like her mom. Her mom is so brainless giving Vixen ample enough ammo to bury her and control her.  

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

@UnniSarah I didn't want to quote your post with the gifs but that expression on younger sister's face when she was telling the cheater about his ex and her new love interest were absolutely priceless and hilarious. That character is growing on me. I really like the role the younger sister is playing in this show. 

The sister is the second person to see Vixens true colors. Also she felt bad at how they did the lead female. She never realized how they worked her when she was married to that family its only after she left that she realized how wrong they were. I hope to see her grow more as she will need to be strong when the Chairman is either down or out for the count. Vixen will make sure to control everything and they will have to be at her beck and call. 

3 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Episode 57: The witch is messing with their Home Shopping Network deal.

I knew she would mess with the deal. Its jealousy pure and simple. There is no way she can let them be successful when she is fighting so hard in that house. But all her actions are doing is tempering the leads. No matter what setbacks they have now in the end they will grown and grow and I suspect that the friends will end up working with them too. Vixen will want to get back at the boys mom for how she told her off about cheating with cheater when working at her shop when the husband is kicked out of the company (and that is coming.) they will end up all working together with the two leads to grow that channel I think. 

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Not surprised at all @TheQueenReturns , she seems like the jealous type and willing to do anything to win.  Even if she ruins it, I bet you Lara will try to get her to join Lara Fashion design.

@rolisrntex Long Time no see chingu. How are you doing? I never disliked her because she never wanted Vixen as a sister in law.  Sure she is spoiled but she wasn’t brainless like her mom. Her mom is so brainless giving Vixen ample enough ammo to bury her and control her.  

The leads are not thinking about either one of their ex's but the ex's can't let them alone. They could not wait to run away from these two people and yet they keep running up in their faces. Cheater has memory loss and continues to act like and address his ex as his wife like she did something wrong when he was the one that accused her and pushed her out of the door to divorce. Now that he is starting to realize that he made a bit of a mistake he keeps running to her. Mostly its about the fact that she was once married to him and he hates that another man is around her and likes her. He forgets that he had another woman while he was married to her. Its about something that was once his and now someone else wants it after he tossed it away. Its only going to get worse because he is too much of an idiot to realize his words are making his new wife mad as he runs after his ex to but into her business acting jealous when the woman has told him to go away. 

Vixen will not let them be successful if she can help it but all she will end up doing is helping them in the end. Her jealousy and then her anger will end up with her getting what she wants as far as the company and control of the money but it will lead her to realize she let go of a good person in golfer and she will want to circle back to him just like cheater will try to do later. They will not understand why either of their ex's wont go back to them neither of them has anything to hold their ex's with. Cheaters daughter is grown and Vixens son is not golfers although he loves the boy as his own. It will burn her up to see them happy when her life is falling apart. She will have to meddle in their affairs and she will then slip up. 

Life is Beautiful is one of my all time favorite drama's.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

20 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Yeah it has been a while. Doing well. Hope you and yours are doing fine as well. 

• Like 1

Thoughts and predictions:

Prediction 1

This will be my last comment on is he or isn't Seo Woo's ex a homosexual. My behind the scene predictions is that the writer clearly wants to go in this direction of him being a homosexual, but the director does not. However, whatever the deal is,  we will not see the son for a while until they tie him back to the story so that Yu Na can hang whatever it is over Hyung Jin's parents head. It will be at least two weeks or a month before he is back on the scene. I'll admit I am socially conservative on that front and have no desire to see a BL or coming out storyline, but to each its own. 

Prediction 2: Hyung Jin had a drunken kiss or ONS in college that the doctor does not remember. Yu Na will find out and use it to oust the CEO. I don't think that would be effective, but would at least hurt their family

OR 

Prediction 3: This is the bravest route. Hyung Jin is addicted to drugs and is currently in Rehab. Yu Na finds out and uses this to oust the CEO.

Ultimate Prediction: Yu Na is so psycho that she will try and suceed in killing her father in law, take over the company, and then all will be revealed the last week of the drama!

• Like 1