[Drama 2021] Amor Fati, 아모르파티

SC2019

23 hours ago, MLWetherill said:

Finally, the FL is getting feisty. I admit I just picked this drama up a few weeks ago and FF through many episodes as hard to take. 

This drama has been painful to watch as both leads are such doormats with luck so against both of them. But really liking the last few episodes. I guess hitting 40 episodes is a trigger to change storyline to another track.

I am pretty new to daily dramas and finding they are so long and plots tend to go round in circles. It is so hard to root for a side that is constantly losing but now understand the daily drama formula. I just saw this will be 120 episodes so have a long way to go before everything is "put right".  

Daily drama watching is an art form, here are some things to watch for: 

1. The bad girl, is really bad and wears the most outrageous outfits. I bet people fight over who will dress the anti-hero in daily dramas. 
  2. They are usually 120 episodes, five per week.  So, each clump of five, is organized in clumps of 20-25 episodes where one suffering takes place. 
  3. The heroine will not see any relief till about episode 110. Some of the good ones will give her some victories, but then they will grab the victory out of her hand with either amnesia, coma, or kidnapping. 
  4. The girlfriend, or sister of the heroine will get drunk and get pregnant. 
  5. They will all work in the same office, because heh, it's cheaper to film in one location. 
  6. Sabotage in the workplace will be the repeat tool of the anti-hero. 
  7. The anti-heroine will have a go to yes man, who will do anything with just a phone call from her. 
  8. The heroine will most likely have to lie to the one she loves because she loves him and there is some nefarious scheme to force her to lie. 
  9. Of course, scammers will be involved so that everyone ends up dirt poor in a basement or a rooftop. Now it seems you have a friend who owns a building. 
  10. Don't be surprised, they do kill children in daily dramas when they stop serving their purpose. 
  11. The anti-heroine will be in a jail cell by the second to the last episode, seeking forgiveness. 
  12. The final episode is a wedding, birthday party or picnic with everyone. 
  13. Water and kimchi will be thrown around. 

This is a partial list of the daily drama tropes, but it's a great way to drink your morning coffee after you do the daily crossword.  

• LOL 4

what a horrible mother, poor child when he finds out that his mother lied about who his biological father is, he will be traumatized.:sad1:
Because she doesn't denounce it ? heroin is still too good, that man deserves someone to teach him a lesson, selfish and arrogant as he can aspire to succeed the president, I want her to report him to show him the green mice.:triumph:
The couple of ex dumped are really cute; the three of them together give the idea of a nice family.

• Like 4

If this is a 120 epi. drama, I hope the storyline doesn't drag on like another drama I just got through watching.  30 episodes of evil and 2 to say I'm sorry.  I fast forwarded to alot of the other drama.  So far I haven't done too much here.  A few episodes, yes; when the story seem to be dragging.

• Like 4

Hello Chingu’s @backstreetboysfan @Naty828  Evil step mom is not only wicked but nasty. She doesn’t even love her own son, every tune I see her disgust towards her own child infuriates me. I feel bad for this kid because I don’t see him ever warming up to his new family. 
FL’s ex husband isn’t a total RickRoll'D but so gullible. After hearing his ex had cancer, he felt bad but it only took two word from new wife to reign him in to stop overthinking. His mom is also another *witch* who only cares for her son and doesn’t care about how she mistreated her first DIL. At least his sister has some empathy and knows when to draw the line in bullying. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

The ending of today’s episode is foretelling.  This little boy is going to hate his mom and his grandma is already becoming delusional. She will fall gradually become protective of her grandson will cause him some uncomfortable situations. 

Seo Woo is now jaded for love. She isn’t sure about marriage but now ex-boyfriend is going to become clingy . Lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

This episode, poor Han Jae-kyung and that boy. His mom is wow.

Its very sad how she did both her son and her ex. He loved her even though she treated him like crap and was never there. He loved her son even though he knew it was not his and she lied to him. She gave him the child and then snatched him back knowing that the child was his world. What angers me the most is she has never thought of her child's emotional needs when taking him from the father he grew up with to push him to a stranger who will want him to forget about the father that raised him. The child will not be happy in that house. He will slowly with draw and they will end up mad that he is not embracing them so fast. I expect him to run away at some point. I am not sure if its just because he can't take it anymore or he learns that man really is not his father either. 

What is going to hit the witch the most later is she came into that family and harmed them , stole their money and took the company and they will hate her and not embrace that child when they learn he is not their blood. She will want to go back to golfer then and will be upset when she sees that he is truly dating or in love with the ex of cheater. Trust she will realize he is in love with the woman before he does and jealousy will eat her and cheater up. They will try very hard to interfere in their new business and hate that neither of those people are some where crying in to their cups over their losses but have found love and success. She nor cheater will remember how they ruthlessly tossed both of these people away to be together. I just hope that the boy ends back up with cheater and not with his real father who looks quite sinister to me.  They boy needs to go back to golfer and the female lead if he wants to be able to grow up with out any emotional shadows. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I watched a little of  the last two episodes. The evil mistress seemed to love her son but perhaps based on her values. Money, status and power whereas the boy does not need all that.

Anyone knows whose son he is? Maybe they will introduce another character later on?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maribella said:

I watched a little of  the last two episodes. The evil mistress seemed to love her son but perhaps based on her values. Money, status and power whereas the boy does not need all that.

Anyone knows whose son he is? Maybe they will introduce another character later on?

@maribella where does it show she loves her son??? I can’t see it at all. She is to cold hearted and has no maternal instinct.  Every emotion she has shown towards her son is fake. 
W Evil mistress has a plan and this is her plan @backstreetboysfan @Ldy Gmerm  Here is her plan

Take over  the Lara  design company ,

push Hubby to try to run for CEO

Get rid of hubby’s best friend , get rid of grandpa 

I am so sad   because I wished Seo Woo had not mentioned her mom had cancer, this will only put him

in danger again because now he is wondering why did she write that letter to him or why she hurt him???  What do you guys think??? 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, maribella said:

The biological dad is the chairman's right hand man. One night she showed up drunk at the chairman's house. The right hand man drove her home, put her to bed and helped himself to her.

I forgot, the chairman has two right hand men. One for work, the guy with glasses and the other drives him around and does his dirty work. The biological dad is the second one.

Edited by brooksmom
clarification
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

W Evil mistress has a plan and this is her plan @backstreetboysfan @Ldy Gmerm  Here is her plan

Take over  the Lara  design company ,

push Hubby to try to run for CEO

Get rid of hubby’s best friend , get rid of grandpa 

I am so sad   because I wished Seo Woo had not mentioned her mom had cancer, this will only put him

in danger again because now he is wondering why did she write that letter to him or why she hurt him???  What do you guys think??? 

Yeah this lady is so evil and dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

where does it show she loves her son??? I can’t see it at all. She is to cold hearted and has no maternal instinct.  Every emotion she has shown towards her son is fake. 
W Evil mistress has a plan and this is

I thought she looked eager to see him, tried to shield him from the idiot rich man's son who went ' my son, my son..' 
Far from the ideal mum, but the boy seemed to love her too. 

@brooksmom  :Megalol:

I saw the part where he was talking to her in the office and she treated him like a servant. 'Do you know how hard it is for me to get here?' Or something like that. Go away.

I'm guessing he does not know his good fortune yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I thought she looked eager to see him, tried to shield him from the idiot rich man's son who went ' my son, my son..' 
Far from the ideal mum, but the boy seemed to love her too. 

I thought she loved him too but as I watch her facial expression when she is around him ( her son) it is all fake.  I feel bad for this boy. Yes @maribella Her son loves her , do you know why??  She was never there while he was growing up. Have you noticed , all his pictures are with his dad not her. There is only one reason she was able to get married , she brought a son in the picture. When she divorced her ex, she didn’t want him and told ex she Wants nothing to do with him. But once she realizes she need him, she started with the water works.  She schemed and lied so she can acquire Lara Fashion Group ( I many the company name wrong) .  In yesterday episode she plainly told her MIL, you wanted a grandson, SO YOU SHOJLD TAKE CARE OF HIM. She has no plans on taking care of him. It will be the grandmother from the maternal side to raise him. Unlike fake grandmother isn’t full of love and warmth. She won’t know what to do ?? She is just as selfish as her son. She expects him to be happy , running to her , hugging her and playing with her.  Smh smh smh 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

the child loves his mother but only thanks to the fact that the father who raised him did not make him hate her, on the contrary he encouraged his attempts at rapprochement, justified the shortcomings. the child after the divorce was not prevented from having contact with the other parent, her mother was only asked to inform her when she would meet him.

from the preview I perceive that the honeymoon is over.

:naughty:

However, an idiot ex-husband is really an incompetent father, his daughter leaves home and does not call her, does not care, does not delegate others in the family to mediate. all this proves that he is a bad father, he will not be able to bond with the child.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Lol

Jang Joo-Ho finds  Han Ha-neul difficult and very impatient. He want to be admired and loved so badly and doesn't care for what Han Ha-Neul wants for himself. It is all about him. 

I just saw the preview and it is hilarious. We should all tune in for episode 49 . it will be so funny. I expect to see this scene very often and Yoo-Na will be eating a lot of vinegar in the romance department and the fashion industry. lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1