[Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결

ferily

21 minutes ago, fanofr said:

the children who are having a baby will be alright in the end but they will have to face some hard times & grow up some. 

I really don't like them, particularly the lazy and selfish daughter, so I'd prefer they have a miserable life and grow to resent each other but I know that won't happen in this type of show.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it was fun. I liked that si won turned her down and said he wasn't willing to be second choice and asked why they should date. while his turnaround and the scenes with geu roo were fun to watch, it does make me wonder why he changed his mind. is it just that he is leaving in a few months to US maybe permanently and so it doesn't matter? is it just he wants a companion to do stuff before he leaves? 

I liked that as well, he should be first choice, I really hope he stays and doesn't leave.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

okay geu roo is annoying me. is anyone else feeling like that? she said she would support stepmom in whatever decision she took and then gets annoyed when stepmom decides to stay with dad. girl just wanted her own way... poor yi jae -- he really thinks he will go back and live with his mom after she gets re-married. if the man has a problem with her having son now, he and his family are certainly not going to accept after they tie the knot. glad to see that sang min was rather firm with his ex and didn't really waver. dad and sang goo cracked me up. sang goo is so competitive that he has to have a meal if his other brothers are also getting that one-on-one. hahahhah... such a kiddo at heart. and cracked up when dad lost it almost while asking to go together for a meal. yea, old habits are hard to break... what do you think happened to min hee? is it serious? or just simple pain? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 6/16/2021 at 1:42 AM, joccu said:

@LmanglaI do hope it's nothing serious. But this is daily. 

it is good that it turned out to be minor. must say that I like the natural charm of the actors playing min hee and heon. they genuinely feel like a bunch of teenagers and at the same time, they are so natural together in terms of skinship that they really like a teenage couple. heon cracks me up in how spoiled he is. doctor riding in to the rescue got slammed by young hye. hahahhahaha... 

was anyone else happy to see sang min put geu roo in place by telling her that she lacked manners? I get that she is upset but she is being rather rude. she is not a surly teenager. sang min needs to hightail from his ex-gf quickly. poor ga eun is going to hurt a little when she finds out. but the ex-gf seemed to pick up that sang min and ga eun seem to be kind of close. 

the author and sang goo crack me up -- they are both so high-maintenance and think of themselves as great creative artists with hangups. LOL. it is rather fun to see them bring each other down a peg. 

2 hours ago, Naty828 said:

couples are too slow

you are right, we are already at ep 57. there should have been more progress on atleast one coupling. hmm... unless we count min hee and heon LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

@africandramalover ~ you must be feeling relieved the cheating ex got exposed to the doctor. not sure if she will feel sad or bad that young hye was the one who found out though.

geu roo and si won are being a bit too obvious. young hye has noticed and so has ga eun. da bal and ji won are oblivious to everyone but conversing about their kids. kekekeke... 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@africandramalover ~ you must be feeling relieved the cheating ex got exposed to the doctor. not sure if she will feel sad or bad that young hye was the one who found out though.

Girl, YOU DON'T KNOW!! I whooped and flapped my arms like a seal!!:D:D:D

seal GIF

Mannnnnn!! The relief I felt when she walloped him with her handbag!!! Catharsis!! Thank you Writernim!!! The trash has been thrown in the can!! Now give me a good guy (who's also hot and smitten with her) for Doctornim to grow old with and this will be my second best drama in 2021!

The drama is moving along swimmingly. CEO is as exciting as wet paint with that pitiable voice of his, but I'm happy for the "Sound of Music" loveline they have going there, a sanguine woman brightening his and his son's dreary phlegmatic lives. CEO's voice just sucks life out of the air!! Such a contrast to Da Bins happy voice! An example of good casting. 

Storylines I'm invested in:

Doctornim and her recovery (she needs to get off the alcohol).

Min Hee and her exciting acting career.

The male twin taking the technical route to his career.

I love this drama!!

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

On 6/13/2021 at 1:44 AM, Lmangla said:

yea I didn't like him in the beginning but now I feel bad for him.  I don't think him being a house husband is a failure but it is that this family can't financially afford to have only one earning member. so you have young hye pulling the weight and being rather cranky about it. he tries but then keeps doing stuff to only pile on their debt. so I think it is the financial strain the family is already under that makes being a house husband bad. if he had a successful business, sold it off and retired to be a house husband, it would be different story...

that said, I don't see why he doesn't just find something that plays to his strengths. have posted it before but I keep thinking why he doesn't do a small catering business for niche groups as he seems to be a good cook. at least in my place, we see that a lot now with the pandemic. people have been laid off and so they turn hobbies and try different stuff into small income stream. stuff like selling home cooked meals for senior citizens with health dietary restrictions.

but maybe, more than a job, he first needs to boost his confidence and self-esteem. then he might recover from all those failures from the past and be able to do something with himself that allows him a sense of being a person of worth. 

I understand your view but I don’t fully agree,  It seems like his worth is only how much bacon he brings home.  It is not like they are in dire poverty.  and if he was working full-time, in a typical Korean family she would have had to do most, if not all the housework after a hard day’s work.  He takes care of everything in the house.  

She seems to have favoured and spoilt her so far, fairly useless daughter over her hard-working, responsible son.  why?  Because daughter has the brains to study and she felt proud to boast about her academic accomplishments.  The son dissapoints her because he does not get good grades and is not interested in furthering his academic studies.

She grumbled a lot about how her FIL favoured her dizzy SIL.  She said his playing favourites hurt her.  But she does the same to her kids.  

On 6/13/2021 at 1:56 AM, D27Gjk68 said:

I really don't like them, particularly the lazy and selfish daughter, so I'd prefer they have a miserable life and grow to resent each other but I know that won't happen in this type of show.

I fully agree.  the girl is lazy and selifh but thinks she is queen bee.  Father dotes on her and Mum was forever telling her how she is the only one who made Mum proud.. Has the boy gone to the army yet?  He seriously needs to go for extension of military service and toughen up.  Now I mostly skip their scenes.  

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

bwahahah.... was cracking up at the expressions of young hye and family as they looked on at min hee and heon giving gooey eyes over this 'beach'. both of them are such kids. young hye tells heon to call and ask doctor if she has eaten and he does it word for word. LOL. 

On 6/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, africandramalover said:

CEO is as exciting as wet paint with that pitiable voice of his, but I'm happy for the "Sound of Music" loveline they have going there, a sanguine woman brightening his and his son's dreary phlegmatic lives. CEO's voice just sucks life out of the air!! Such a contrast to Da Bins happy voice! An example of good casting. 

I laughed at his confused reaction when he saw her going on a blind date. wonder if he will say anything at all.. 

Doctornim and her recovery (she needs to get off the alcohol).

at this point, it feels like she just needs to learn to be alone and feel comfortable with it before jumping into a relationship. it is good that she has young hye for company. they feel like they are back in high school and so there is none of this fake "I am doing well" routine with each other. 

Min Hee and her exciting acting career.

find it hilarious that she is perfectly cast. we would probably watch that drama. :lol: I was cracking up that sang goo for all his boorishness was so jealous and upset that she got herbal medicine for the director. 

• Like 2

I have a question.  Does the apartment that the step-mother (Kang Mo-ran) lives in have two entrances?  One on the first floor and one on the second floor?  I thought she and her family lived right across from Sang Baek's apartment.  But whenever Han Geu-Roo walks out to talk to Hyun Si-Woon, she leaves from an apartment door right across from where he lives with Choi Ji-Wan.  I know it's a silly question, but just curious.  Was there an explanation for this in the earlier episodes?  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, EK8 said:

I have a question.  Does the apartment that the step-mother (Kang Mo-ran) lives in have two entrances?  One on the first floor and one on the second floor?  I thought she and her family lived right across from Sang Baek's apartment.  But whenever Han Geu-Roo walks out to talk to Hyun Si-Woon, she leaves from an apartment door right across from where he lives with Choi Ji-Wan.  I know it's a silly question, but just curious.  Was there an explanation for this in the earlier episodes?  

there was no explanation but I have seen such apartments before in some families. so it is two apartments that have been remodeled to make it into one house. since the original building layout has constructed two apartments on two floors, much of the layout is like that including a door on another floor. however, internally, there is a staircase that connects the two apartments and some space that may have been allocated to a common space gets a bit lost because of the connecting staircase. in some cases, the water/electricity and even land registration (govt papers) will still show it as two separate apartments and may even be in different individual names (e.g parents have one apartment while son & wife have the second apartment)

13 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Okay, SW is so falling in love, that look at the end :wub:.

it was funny -- he kept denying that he is not feeling the flutters and then it happened. kekekek... 

it looks like ji wan is a bit lost and has no idea why he is feeling so disturbed that dabal is going on a blind date. will he understand the advice siwon gave and step up? 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it was funny -- he kept denying that he is not feeling the flutters and then it happened. kekekek... 

it looks like ji wan is a bit lost and has no idea why he is feeling so disturbed that dabal is going on a blind date. will he understand the advice siwon gave and step up? 

He is in love for sure. I think he is a little lost on what he feeling to.

• Like 3

awww poor min hee. she is feeling so bad over the comments and sang goo had to put his foot into it as well. looks like she is really serious about cutting him out. is it the hay that broke the camel's back? will he finally realize that he can't just say whatever he feels like? 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 5:51 AM, EK8 said:

Yes. In an episode SB's wife walked up the stairs to talk to Jiwan's apartment. GR opened the door to her apartment on that level.  Directly opp Jiwan's apartment. 

• Like 1