[Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결

ferily

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

We see SW tell GR to stop her feels for JW at the end of today's episode.

am glad he told her -- this way, we won't get into super angst territory. she is going to be embarassed and shocked when she realizes who editor likes though. especially as it is one sided on editor's part and dabal hasn't done anything per se to entice him. it just happened.. but am wondering if SW won't be able to tell her why to stop and maybe give another reason altogether? 

20 hours ago, joccu said:

I feel really frustrated about sang baek. 

yea, I keep thinking why he doesn't get a job as a cook or a housekeeper. those are things he is good at. he could make lunches and sell to office workers? or clean people's houses on hourly basis or fix things around the house? is it because of his wife's pride? or both feel such jobs are menial? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

58 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am glad he told her -- this way, we won't get into super angst territory. she is going to be embarassed and shocked when she realizes who editor likes though. especially as it is one sided on editor's part and dabal hasn't done anything per se to entice him. it just happened.. but am wondering if SW won't be able to tell her why to stop and maybe give another reason altogether? 

I agree with you. It is better she knows now. That is what I am thinking also.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, joccu said:

@LmanglaI do think it is about pride. Do we know what is his education? 

I don't really remember but I think the dad managed to educate all his sons? it seems that sang baek had a business and it went bust. he tried several times to do different things. since he managed to get an office job for a day, am assuming that he has some college level education? his wife makes him wear a tie and coat when he goes shopping because she didn't want people to know he was jobless. so who knows what he is suited for. am not sure how long he will keep his mouth shut to his wife about inseo though. he seems to be a bit of a blabbermouth. 

13 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I agree with you. It is better she knows now. That is what I am thinking also.

yea, at this stage, it is more of a crush and so she can get over him quickly. it actually makes sense the editor is drawn to dabal. as he said, they are both parents but they are also single parents with kids the same age. so they are able to freely share eac other's burden and get that perspective. given how stuffy and serious he is, she makes for a great contrast with her liveliness. so it makes sense that he would be drawn to her warmth. the song basically made him see her as a woman. so yea, this love line feels more obvious now... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea, at this stage, it is more of a crush and so she can get over him quickly. it actually makes sense the editor is drawn to dabal. as he said, they are both parents but they are also single parents with kids the same age. so they are able to freely share eac other's burden and get that perspective. given how stuffy and serious he is, she makes for a great contrast with her liveliness. so it makes sense that he would be drawn to her warmth. the song basically made him see her as a woman. so yea, this love line feels more obvious now... 

Yeah I agree. They match better. I like GR with SW anyways.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I'm absolutely enjoying this drama, but can we NOT have hospital directornim get vulnerable and lonely because her son is gone and fall for that SNAKEU of an ex-husband of hers??!! He's gonna ruin her again!! If there's a love line, I need it to be a with a good and loving guy, AFTER she's sobered up!! (If he's younger and hot, the better!!)

That ex husband actor is always playing dodgy characters lol, but I need him gone!! He's slithered up to her like that snake I hear about in the garden of Eden.....

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 6/1/2021 at 2:26 AM, Naty828 said:

the atmosphere is heating up

kekekek... and now sang min and ga eun are so adorably awkward and embarrassed that it is hilarious to watch. :D 

On 6/1/2021 at 8:24 AM, africandramalover said:

I'm absolutely enjoying this drama, but can we NOT have hospital directornim get vulnerable and lonely because her son is gone and fall for that SNAKEU of an ex-husband of hers??!!

so far I don't mind him though not sure if we will see a love story there. he adds a kind of humour to the situation and makes for a good contrast to the director. the teenage lovebirds crack me up with how oblivious to how the adults feel. min ah sticking heon's face on the family photo LOL. girl, what are you thinking. :lol: @joccu ~ finally sang baek seems to be doing something he can do to earn money. 

10 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

In the end, GR realized that JW liked DB, but DB didn't realize it yet.

well geu roo can't say that sang min didn't warn her -- he basically told her outright that ji wan doesn't see her as anything other than a friend. am also glad that geu roo figured out on her own how ji wan feels and this is happening so early. so we are going to see very different angst from the typical -- in this case, geu roo has to see ji wan pluck up the courage and making the moves on clueless dabal. should be fun to watch. but ji wan is rather cute -- the man never noticed a single thing about geu roo but with dabal, he even notices she got a hair trim. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so far I don't mind him though not sure if we will see a love story there. he adds a kind of humour to the situation and makes for a good contrast to the director. the teenage lovebirds crack me up with how oblivious to how the adults feel.

I am unable to forgive him for his many crimes (cheating, stealing her money), so I honestly can't get with the redemption circuit he is running on.... If directornim didn't have her wealthy family, she'd be ruined forever!! We don't need another scam storyline. Remember him selling some idea during the wedding? I panicked in that scene!!:angry:. This is just me tho, I'm all about the soft life for characters who've already been through hell. Let her get a good guy to live out her granny years with. She was annoying at the beginning with her jousting with MinAh's mum, but he's a bigger evil. Lol.

As for those teens!! Good lord!! Totally oblivious about life (they're 20) and the responsibility of the coming child..... People like these go through life pain free. Life conspires to save them from themselves and their errors, smoothing the way in front of them in form of rich and coddling parents who step in to clean up after them, exasperated colleagues around them who would rather do their work on their behalf than let them do it because it's easier and safer and they're just so cute and harmless in their incompetence, while they smile and aegyo their way through life. They know not a hard day, every day is Christmas..... I'm envious of them!!:D

My worst character tho has to be the PDNim tho....  OMG!!! He's a cruel and terrible husband I can't even!! He rejects and mocks and demeans his wife and her abilities and TBH, I don't know what redemption there is for him!! If someone talked to his spouse the way he does in my presence, I'd go OFF on them!!!! The wife uses her humor to deflect from the pain, but I'm not her, one demeaning statement and I'm out!! He sleeps in the other room, gives her silent treatment....... I'm getting hot thinking about his behaviour. I don't know how anyone would go through 20+ years of such meanness and cruelty without serious damage to their esteem!!

I await her amazing acting career that will make him "swallow his words" and give her some Economic freedom. She's obviously going to get the part drama that's not been cast, so I'm excited for her rising star.

Rant over.:allgoodlol:lol!!

I absolutely love this drama tho. I decided to check it out for fun, but man, this is weekend drama material!! 30 minutes is not enough! I find myself resisting the urge to check the time remaining because I don't want each episode to end!!

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, africandramalover said:

they're just so cute and harmless in their incompetence, while they smile and aegyo their way through life. They know not a hard day, every day is Christmas..... I'm envious of them!

kekekek... great description of the teens. am torn between wanting to whack them and finding them hilarious. :lol:

I await her amazing acting career that will make him "swallow his words" and give her some Economic freedom. She's obviously going to get the part drama that's not been cast, so I'm excited for her rising star.

yea the PD is very annoying character and he still hasn't been softened yet. the only time I saw some rather emotion was when he was mad that his mom will be replaced if they all give affection to stepmom. it seems like he was stuck as a teenager where he saw his mom slaving away with an emotionally far off dad. what he doesn't realize is that he has become the exact copy of his dad who he despises in some ways.  no one else but min hee would have put up with him for 20 years. in the beginning, she came across as flaky and rather annoying but as the drama moved on, you can tell that she is a bit cheerfully naive in some ways. so he is probably right in that she is a terrible over-the-top actress who would more likely win awards for bad acting LOL. however, she is going to get cast in a makjang drama where such acting would likely win her audience love because you are laughing at how silly the character is and makes you cheer for such a character. so it will be interesting to see what is the catalyst that makes him humble and change. maybe the son who is off studying somewhere abroad. at some point he has to come back right? 

I absolutely love this drama tho. I decided to check it out for fun, but man, this is weekend drama material!! 30 minutes is not enough! I find myself resisting the urge to check the time remaining because I don't want each episode to end!!

yea I find this drama a really easy watch. the only thing is that it is so laid back that you barely get a reaction to an episode at times. it is not like one of those stories where you feel compelled to write stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

bwahahaha... so min hee has been cast as the overdramatic character that will crush and do revenge?! kekeke... sounds like a fun revenge drama. hahahahah... 

so all young hye had to do was clear the air with dad and now both are getting along rather nicely. she even volunteered to help him buy a birthday gift for stepmom. guess she will try and do something special as well? 

so did ga eun have a crush on sang min while he was her teacher at the prep academy? am not sure how I feel about the doctor and her ex. on one hand, it is nice that he turned up so that she won't be embarrassed in front of her old friends but on the other side, they are divorced.. hmm... 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

wow young hye is really in a good mood -- she even wants to cook food for stepmom's birthday and was super excited to get the bracelet from dad. wonder if sang baek's debt will end up causing misunderstandings and make the relationship progress go backwards... by the way, did anyone else think min hee's drama sounds like a rather fun watch? :lol:

• Like 1

Is IS younger than his sister? He is more responsible and level headed. The sister and her husband will find out the hard way what it means to be married and raising kids. Two immature children having a baby. I already feel sorry for the baby.

I think SB will find something he can excel in.  I think the trust and confidence step- mom has will bolster him & help him.  The wife wants him to have a high paying job she can boast about. And anything else is a loss of face to her. His Dad & 2nd brother look down on him. Only step-mom and IS treat him with respect. 

The guyvwho plays JW. have seen him in other dramas. Always a bit stiff so this role is a natural for him.  

SM & GE are the only interesting couple to me. But watching more to see how IS' story progresses. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, fanofr said:

Is IS younger than his sister? He is more responsible and level headed.

in seo and min ha are twins. she is actually older to him by something like 17 minutes? or was it 7 minutes. he mentions that in one of the episodes before she gets married.. 

24 minutes ago, fanofr said:

But watching more to see how IS' story progresses. 

yea, it is nice to see that he apparently has the natural talent for carpentry especially as he was stressing that he is so average. dad looked so proud to have a grandson follow in his steps. am wondering if he will choose not to go to university... 

• Like 3