[Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결

ferily

oh geu roo, did you have to embarrass sang baek during a birthday dinner? seriously? you couldn't have held your tongue and asked him about the loan privately? yea, we know you are cranky as your love life tanked but she and sang goo are not that far apart at times...  and sang goo always seems to make things worse with his mouth. why can't he say stuff nicely? how is he successful PD when he is so cantankerous? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

GR finally let go, now she can move on with JW later on.

am still rather annoyed with her over the birthday dinner. she was just cranky over non-existent love connection with ji wan. so yea, her letting go was not that interesting. at least dabal recognizes that their meddling kind of led to this but geu roo acts like her words didn't have consequences. girl wake up! but I liked how young hye is responding to the situation. she is right in that rather than a big blow up, it could have dealt with quietly and privately. young hye also telling that sang baek should have told her is spot on. sang baek is so irresponsible that young hye has been forced into this role of cranky teacher. but it doesn't mean that she doesn't care about sang baek or that she doesn't love him.. am glad that min hee told sang goo that his words messed up things further. but she is not clever enough to really win an argument against him. 

but am looking forward to seeing dabal, sol, ji wan and yi jae all go out for dinner. it will be cute. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

19 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am still rather annoyed with her over the birthday dinner. she was just cranky over non-existent love connection with ji wan. so yea, her letting go was not that interesting. at least dabal recognizes that their meddling kind of led to this but geu roo acts like her words didn't have consequences. girl wake up! but I liked how young hye is responding to the situation. she is right in that rather than a big blow up, it could have dealt with quietly and privately. young hye also telling that sang baek should have told her is spot on. sang baek is so irresponsible that young hye has been forced into this role of cranky teacher. but it doesn't mean that she doesn't care about sang baek or that she doesn't love him.. am glad that min hee told sang goo that his words messed up things further. but she is not clever enough to really win an argument against him. 

but am looking forward to seeing dabal, sol, ji wan and yi jae all go out for dinner. it will be cute. 

Yeah she did not handle that right I agree.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

on another note, was anyone else surprised that heon is very open with his university classmates that he is married and has a baby on the way? maybe because of dramas like "wanna taste", I was totally expecting heon to hide that and for that to cause to problems later. makes me a bit hopeful that these two wacky kids might make it after all... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

awww, part of the problem for dad is that he has never developed an adult relationship with his sons. it hasn't really grown beyond the school stage. it was such a revelation to sang baek that his dad even talked a little about him. not sure if I feel sorry for sang baek as he seems like such a loser but at the same time, he isn't malicious like sang goo who is always saying nasty things.

sang goo is going to eat his words -- min hee is going to be appreciated and the messy drama is going to be super popular with audiences. why does he even treat his colleagues that way? does he have some sort of inferiority complex and has to boss over all? even geu roo is a bit like him -- is it any wonder these two are butting heads. but good that sang baek spoke up and said that if sang min is uncomfortable, he should just move in with them. so sang min now is meeting the ex-girlfriend through work. so awkward. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG GR asked SW to date, she wants to move on (This after seeing DR and JW with the kids)

si won looked really mad though and he had a "I can't believe this" kind of look. so am wondering if he will agree to date geu roo. she is really cranky isn't she? had to eye roll at her "I will support whatever you do" mom speech and then immediately ask "so you are going to divorce him right?" -- that isn't support whatever decision you will make! both geu roo and sang goo just want these two to be divorced. they are both a cranky pair aren't they? but it is interesting to see jiwan, dabal & co become a unit so naturally -- there isn't any fake push here but they are hanging out, having fun and genuinely enjoying each other presence. geu roo looked really mad that it didn't happen for her. rather than hurt, she seems more angry? or is that just me -- what do chingus think? 

insoo and min hee hanging out is rather sweet. she must really miss her son. will we see that kid later? am guessing that he is as spoilt and canterkerous as sang goo? 

feel kind of bad for dad -- he really looked so lonely and sad in the house. younghye and sang baek have really matured in just a few episodes and have become so much more likeable. it is like younghye really needed to open up and just have a conversation with dad and now she is able to see so many things like she said. even sang baek just visiting the house made him realize stuff about his dad. hope sang baek succeeds in his new job even if it is a security guard.

the kids crack me up -- how can they be clueless when the two moms are rolling their eyes? salty soup -- yummy? bwahahahaha... what do folks think about doctor and ex-hubby? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what do folks think about doctor and ex-hubby? 

I will NOT be amused if they try to redeem him as a good husband. Redeeming incorrigible cheats and fraudsters is by him apologizing on his knees and paying back what he stole. Not flowers and cheap memories recited by a deep, seductive baritone and dinner dates by ambush. And worse still, she seems to be wavering, obviously after being fed fantasies of their past. I'm laughing at myself for being unusually annoyed by what seems to be unfolding. It's getting too real! 

I don't watch dramas for moral lessons but I don't want it to be broadcast for posterity that infidelity and betrayal can be forgiven and erased by flowers and dinner and his efforts to recreate a wonderful fantasy of the past by playing with her emotions. Yes, his voice is a panty dropper, but no, she deserves better.

I think it's my attachment to the doctor character speaking. She hit rock bottom and I want a better outcome for her. Healing and good vibes (and a hot loving guy), not her washed up, useless ex/baby daddy. 

Speaking of daddies I found a clip of the oldest son, from a drama he did in 2005. Let's just say he's totally different here, very DZADDY!

:hwaiting2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP5ulumA6XI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Lmangla I have find GR in recent episodes annoying.  Has she ever liked any one expect the editor?  She did seem angry not hurt for me. 

I´m have been liking Minhee and Young Hye in recent episodes. I do hope that Minhee kid is not arrogant. 

the kids :loolz:they are having a kid how they can they be so clueless?! :loolz: they scenes are always so funny. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, joccu said:

She did seem angry not hurt for me. 

my feeling is that her pride is hurt. maybe she thought of herself as the more accomplished sister who finished university, has a great job and is kind? or something like that... whereas dabal trained to be an athelete but didn't make it due to an injury. married early and widowed and now an instructor at a small judo club. so from her perspective, it may sting that the editor prefers the boisterous tomboyish dabal with a kid than her? am starting to wonder if that is the case... 

31 minutes ago, joccu said:

the kids they are having a kid how they can they be so clueless?!  they scenes are always so funny. 

these two are highly entertaining in how clueless they are. it is rather cute that they are really united in their approach. in any other drama, whatever the moms say would result in a huge blowup. here the two kids just breeze through any objections or criticism with a shrug and a different view of reality. "we love packaged rice. it tastes better" -- like seriously? hahahha... "lets just invite both the moms at same time so we don't have to clean the house twice" :joy:  these two are hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

wow, I am really impressed by the writing in some scenes. it really feels like it has been written from the heart and is actually quite realistic. the dad talking about why he resented the sons and how he felt unloved/abandoned by them makes sense -- and it shows how that led to wider gaps in the relationships. he needed someone like stepmom to help him see the flaw and see if he can approach it differently. it was sweet that young hye and min hee were so excited for him. hahahaha.. and young hye understands this one-on-one approach as she too has a better relationship now after that chat. 

any chingu here with older/adult children? what did you make of dad's speech? did you find it interesting? what about others? what do you think? I feel like this kind of dynamic and misunderstanding really plays out in many families. there are so many parents who feel like they are not appreciated and the, you hear the side of the adult children and they have their own reasons and frustrations. so yea it will be interesting to see this play out... 

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG loved the GR and SW scenes today haha :).

it was fun. I liked that si won turned her down and said he wasn't willing to be second choice and asked why they should date. while his turnaround and the scenes with geu roo were fun to watch, it does make me wonder why he changed his mind. is it just that he is leaving in a few months to US maybe permanently and so it doesn't matter? is it just he wants a companion to do stuff before he leaves? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

and this is why people should watch kdramas... learn dating advice! :D 

And to learn how to repeat the same silly mistakes :mrgreen:  , change from guy she didn’t have chance with to guy who say he leaving soon the country :D

dG0SwZ9.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:21 PM, Lmangla said:

oh geu roo, did you have to embarrass sang baek during a birthday dinner? seriously? you couldn't have held your tongue and asked him about the loan privately? yea, we know you are cranky as your love life tanked but she and sang goo are not that far apart at times...  and sang goo always seems to make things worse with his mouth. why can't he say stuff nicely? how is he successful PD when he is so cantankerous? 

Agree. And I didn’t like that it was GE who blabbed about it. 

I feel so bad for SB. Now rooting for him to be successful. I don’t mean strike it rich. But find his confidence & self-esteem.  It is 2021 so why treat the house husband like he is a complete failure? I mean everyone is so accepting of the children having a baby but they can’t accept that a man can keep house?  Obviously he can be charming. We saw that when he visited his wife and step-mom’s workplace. I was thinking a job where he has to interact with customers like frontline staff would suit him.

I have seen GR in other dramas. Usually she’s the happiest, sunny character. Can’t get used to her long face & sour disposition here.  Good acting!

the children who are having a baby will be alright in the end but they will have to face some hard times & grow up some. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fanofr said:

I feel so bad for SB. Now rooting for him to be successful. I don’t mean strike it rich. But find his confidence & self-esteem.  It is 2021 so why treat the house husband like he is a complete failure? I mean everyone is so accepting of the children having a baby but they can’t accept that a man can keep house?  Obviously he can be charming. We saw that when he visited his wife and step-mom’s workplace. I was thinking a job where he has to interact with customers like frontline staff would suit him.

yea I didn't like him in the beginning but now I feel bad for him.  I don't think him being a house husband is a failure but it is that this family can't financially afford to have only one earning member. so you have young hye pulling the weight and being rather cranky about it. he tries but then keeps doing stuff to only pile on their debt. so I think it is the financial strain the family is already under that makes being a house husband bad. if he had a successful business, sold it off and retired to be a house husband, it would be different story...

that said, I don't see why he doesn't just find something that plays to his strengths. have posted it before but I keep thinking why he doesn't do a small catering business for niche groups as he seems to be a good cook. at least in my place, we see that a lot now with the pandemic. people have been laid off and so they turn hobbies and try different stuff into small income stream. stuff like selling home cooked meals for senior citizens with health dietary restrictions.

but maybe, more than a job, he first needs to boost his confidence and self-esteem. then he might recover from all those failures from the past and be able to do something with himself that allows him a sense of being a person of worth. 

• Like 1