[Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결

ferily

KBS Drama 2021

Be My Dream Family

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.35.00 PM.png

Drama: Be My Dream Family (English title) / In My Wildest Dreams (working title)

Revised romanization: Sokado Ggumgyeol

Hangul: 속아도 꿈결

Director: Kim Jung-Kyu

Writer: Yoo Myung-Jae

Network: KBS1

Episodes: ~120

Release Date: March 29 - September 10, 2021

Runtime: Monday-Friday 20:30-21:00

Plot

The story of the series revolves around two families Geumgane and Hangane from different cultural backgrounds. They meet when their parents remarry in the twilight of life, and they become one family. The series follows the conflict, understanding and harmony of the extended family, showing meaning of a true family.

Cast

Choi Jung-woo as Geum Jong-hwa

Park Joon-geum as Kang Mo-ran

Wang Ji-hye as Han Geu-roo

Hahm Eun-jung as Han Da-bal

Joo Ah-reum as Min Ga-eun

Ryu Jin as Geum Sang-baek

Park Tam-hee as In Yeong-hye

Im Hyung-joon as Geum Sang-goo

Yoon Hae-young as Oh Min-hee

Lee Tae-gu as Geum Sang-min

Kim In-i as Geum Min-ah

Ok Jin-wook as Geum Min-seo

Lee Go-eun as Minsol

Park Jae-jung as Choi Ji-wan

Seo Woo-seung as Choi Lee-jae

Joo Jong-hyuk as Hyun Si-woon

Yang So-min as Ki Yoo-young

Cho Han-gyeol as Im Heon

Yoo Jang-young as Lee Je-moon

Teaser

Teaser 2

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family [temp thread for Be My Dream Family], daily drama @2030KST

finally caught up on the episodes. there are some characters I rather dislike and they are pretty all on ajusshi's side. the eldest son sang baek is okay but still annoying. min ah is a super brat who has no idea of what changes a baby is going to bring. young hye is so cold that it feels hard to like her. her frenemy doctor friend from years ago seems more likeable actually! and in some ways, feel sorry for her son im heon. he actually seems sincere about taking responsibility but min ah is such a handful and will drive him up the wall. do they have any chance of making it at all? and in seo seems like a sweet kid and maybe he will bond with his new judo aunt. 

the second son director sang goo is so annoying. while it is okay to be concerned, he hasn't even gotten to know ajummah and simply assumes the worst. does he think that only someone with bad intentions will tolerate his dad? the actress wife is vain and makes you roll your eyes - will she ever get a good acting job. and then there's sang min, who is the only son I liked. it was sad to see him struggling and neither his brothers nor his dad had a clue. if ajummah hadn't insisted on finding out where he lived, would he have ended up on the street? it looks like he is the first son that is going to bond with that family. 

at least ajummah's family seems like a nice bunch though am not sure I get the relationship. who exactly is the youngest ga eun? and why does she call ajummah as grandmother? and what happened to da bal's husband? ajummah hints that after a lot of drama, the family has found happiness and this marriage is again bringing chaos... that said, this family must have money? is that a duplex apartment? they have 4 bedrooms? does anyone else the publisher boss ji wan will end up liking judo sister da bal? while editor sister gu roo will end up with marketing manager si won? and why are there only 19 eps so far? shouldn't there be 20? 

@joccu ~ have you caught up on the drama? what are your thoughts? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Lmangla I just caught up.  I dislike the same persons than you.

I'm so seeing that the judo sister will end up with the publisher. Look how  quick she has bonded with his kid. 

I'm liking this so far. 

I knew that Minah BF would be YH friend son. The family chaos. :loolz:

I do hate that ahjumma lied to her husband about not talking to sang goo before came to apologise to his dad. 

• Like 3

we are at the beginning but actually I have a hard time digesting a bit all the characters except for those who have no family ties by blood. however the father is a little too hard on all his children, he seems disappointed in them so much that he doesn't care about their lives, a parent who doesn't care but lives as if they were a burden or a misfortune, saddens me a lot. couples are well delineated, demoralized third child with second daughter's enthusiastic sister-in-law, cold first daughter with solar tenant living with editor-in-chief, warm second daughter with sister's sad boss, first sheet and his wife I think beyond to they become grandparents will be parents again, their daughter is a demon in disguise, the son will become their pride, the second son has the same character as the father with his wife risks divorce.

• Like 3

Am I the only one who doesn't want Da Bal to end up with the Publishing Boss Ji Wan? I would like Sol and Ji Wan's son to become best friends and find the bond Da Bal and her daughter Sol forming with Ji Wan's son cute, but I personally don't see them as a good match. I just find Ji Wan match better with the older sister, but since the older sister has a cute interaction with Si Won, I guess they might end up together. I think the older sister with Ji Wan and Da Bal with Si Won would have been a better match. But a part of me so want for Da Bal's husband to come back from the dead so to speak as a shocker. Like your typical soap opera craziness where Da Bal's husband fake his death in order to protect his wife and daughter from some thing. But I'm okay with Da Bal being with Ji Wan if that's where they take the storyline, but I feel like she would have been a better match with Si Won. 

It seems like in this drama the older Geum son's family are the main characters and everyone else evolves around them. I do like them and love the Geum first son, but they get more airtime than anyone else other than Geum Father and his new wife. I'm especially disappointed that Da Bal gets so little time along with the Geum third son. I hope the airtime switches to different characters and not be the Geum first son family always being the main focus. I hope they can rotate the focus to others in a manner that will benefit the drama. But so far I am liking this drama and I feel that it should be an hour because there is so many characters that are supposedly mains that I feel that more time is needed for each episode to do these characters justice. Since this the normal time giving to KBS daily dramas, I guess I have to deal with it. I normally don't like family dramas because I'm more into couples and relationships, but so far I am addict to watching this. I hope it gets even better and the ratings will reach the 20's.   

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

I do not think that the couple between the elder sister and the chief editor works because they are too similar to each other in character, moreover this platonic love of the girl is too long, that man needs someone who stimulates him to give them strength and joy he is too sad dejected, sentimentally demoralized with many difficulties communicating with his son, a love triangle could arise, but if the older sister loses that coolness she will only do it for the interaction with Si Won then her heart may discover another unexpected fire.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I watch this drama for Ham Eun-Jung. I love this Singer turned actress. I have watched most of her drama. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488687111baee00f062e03

Teen Pregnancy 

A pairing that will happen or I hope it does 

@Lmangla I totally think Da Bal will end up with Choi Ji-Wan. She will help Father and Son to bond and not even the mother can break that bond. 
Geu-Roo will end up with that obnoxious guy at her job.  Ga Eun is the youngest will probably end up Sang Min. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결 - Mon-Fri @ 20:30 KST

I was very surprised by the piece of music chosen for this part, if the music seems suitable not so much can be said for the text I don't see how it can be appropriate! they used the song in the original language instead of the English version, hoping that few would understand the text or because there is really a love for Italy.

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I like the chaos now of the families. the characters don't seem as annoying now. feel like all have setled well into their roles. everyone has little quirks and at times you are amused and others, you feel a tad bit sorry for them. it is a good easy daily watch. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

the still horrible father still has two faces, one sweet, kind, understanding for his wife and daughters and one harsh, critical, rude, insensitive to his sons and daughters-in-law. his wife pointed out to him that it is necessary to support encouraging children and that his attitude should not be too protective towards daughters who must create their own happiness, have a positive attitude towards other people.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

On 5/8/2021 at 10:50 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

The couples are starting to get more scenes (with who they will end up with eh).

yea, I am liking the flow. it is slow but should be entertaining. the triangle with the editor, judo sister and editor sister is going to get a lot of angst I suppose. am glad to see the teenage love birds gel. it was amusing that she was so horrified that he would cut his hair as that was his best part. LOL. they are both so immature. would they be able to make it? not without the help of their parents but both the moms are fighting away. was amused to see the sister-in-laws fight it out at the house dinner. looks like mom is going to create a lot of dinner gatherings for the two families to come together and bond. 

On 5/7/2021 at 5:29 PM, Naty828 said:

the still horrible father still has two faces, one sweet, kind, understanding for his wife and daughters and one harsh, critical, rude, insensitive to his sons and daughters-in-law.

the dad is growing on me. think he doesn't know how to talk to his sons at all and that has become a habit he has no idea how to break. whereas he is still trying to build relationship with the daughters and so a lot more sensitive. plus, he feels neglected and unappreciated by his sons who seem to be only interested in his money. whereas the daughters are uncomfortable with his money. so in a way, it makes sense that he would be grouchy with his sons. but we should see him softening more as the drama goes on. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 2

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the dad is growing on me. think he doesn't know how to talk to his sons at all and that has become a habit he has no idea how to break. whereas he is still trying to build relationship with the daughters and so a lot more sensitive. plus, he feels neglected and unappreciated by his sons who seem to be only interested in his money. whereas the daughters are uncomfortable with his money. so in a way, it makes sense that he would be grouchy with his sons. but we should see him softening more as the drama goes on. 

I agree with what you said @Lmangla. The father will learn and change. It will take some time. 

I was confused with episode 29 with the ending. Was it shown when Han Da Bal entered Mr Choi’s house.  I was left like :Woah: how did this happen??? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea, I am liking the flow. it is slow but should be entertaining. the triangle with the editor, judo sister and editor sister is going to get a lot of angst I suppose. am glad to see the teenage love birds gel. it was amusing that she was so horrified that he would cut his hair as that was his best part. LOL. they are both so immature. would they be able to make it? not without the help of their parents but both the moms are fighting away. was amused to see the sister-in-laws fight it out at the house dinner. looks like mom is going to create a lot of dinner gatherings for the two families to come together and bond. 

Yeah I am liking that as well, that was lol. Yes they are immature. I like the family supper gatherings  I agree about the dad as well nod. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

the editor sister is pretty obvious about her crush but wonder if she will even get to confess. wonder if when she gets ready to confess, editor confesses that he has a thing for judo sister. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3