[Drama 2021] Monthly House, 월간 집

ferily

c9f07418906a4f61b9baf79c621c1508.jpeg?s=

“Monthly Magazine Home” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Boost

Jul 30, 2021

by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Monthly Magazine Home” is winding to a close!

On July 29, the romance drama starring Jung So Min and Kim Ji Suk aired its 14th episode—leaving just two episodes to go. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Monthly Magazine Home” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.7 percent, marking a slight rise in viewership from its previous episode and a significant increase from last Thursday.

Are you sad to see “Monthly Magazine Home” come to an end? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481461wpp/monthly-magazine-home-heads-into-final-week-on-ratings-boost

• Like 4

I find Kim Ji Suk terribly adorable in this show :please:

Hahaha and I love how his character is softening up soooo much since the breakup with Editor Na. His "first love" vibes are so on point. Has he always had this style of acting? Because I seem to have watched some shows which I didn't realise he was in before and this is the first show I find KJS to be soooo good. I know the show is quite fun to watch but KJS is overwhelming every other reason I watch this show because I just love his expressions and reactions.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

I find Kim Ji Suk terribly adorable in this show :please:

Hahaha and I love how his character is softening up soooo much since the breakup with Editor Na. His "first love" vibes are so on point. Has he always had this style of acting? Because I seem to have watched some shows which I didn't realise he was in before and this is the first show I find KJS to be soooo good. I know the show is quite fun to watch but KJS is overwhelming every other reason I watch this show because I just love his expressions and reactions.

Haha, agree that his comedic timing and expressions are on point in this drama! If you want, I can recommend other dramas of KJS’s that I’ve enjoyed. :fullofhearts:

Last 2 episodes coming up! I can’t believe 7 weeks have passed by so quickly. Although I’ve enjoyed watching Editor Yeo and Editor Nam’s relationship blossom, I can’t help but wish we had more scenes with our main couple. I could have done without the noble idiocy plot but I think it was good for JS to realise how important YW is to him. And I did enjoy YW getting jealous about JS’s blind date! Can’t wait for Ep 15 and 16!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

4fd0c75123524f76b1579d7409ccfcd3.jpeg?s=

Watch: Lee Yi Kyung Jokes About Contributing To High Ratings While Filming Cameo On “Monthly Magazine Home”

Aug 2, 2021

by S. Nam

JTBC’s “Monthly Magazine Home” shared a new behind-the-scenes look at Lee Yi Kyung’s cameo!

The JTBC rom-com stars Jung So Min as Na Young Won, a woman who believes houses are for living in, and Kim Ji Suk as Yoo Ja Sung, a man who believes houses are for buying.

Lee Yi Kyung has taken on the role of freelance reporter Kwon Min Guk who comes to write a promotional article with the magazine.

The video begins with Lee Yi Kyung and Kim Won Hae sharing great chemistry while filming introduction scenes. During the break, Lee Yi Kyung affectionately pats Kim Won Hae’s stomach and asks, “Why did you lose so much weight?” Kim Won Hae plays along and shares, “No, I’ve gained weight.” Lee Yi Kyung asks again, “Why did you gain so much weight?” but tells him he did a good job regardless.

While waiting to film their scene, Jung So Min and Ahn Chang Hwan can’t stop giggling while joking around. Jung So Min brings out a hidden candy from the pencil case and shares, “I gave it to him, this candy.” Ahn Chang Hwan finishes her sentence by elaborating, “[This candy] wrapper.” Jung So Min sweetly hands an actual piece of candy to the person filming the making-of video, and Ahn Chang Hwan puts the empty candy wrapper back in Jung So Min’s desk.

In another scene, Jung So Min forgets to leave the office immediately, so Kim Ji Suk silently stares at her until she notices. She forgets to leave the second time, causing Kim Ji Suk to awkwardly leave the set himself. Kim Ji Suk asks, “Are you not going to look at the script?” making Jung So Min burst out laughing while apologizing.

Kim Ji Suk asks Lee Yi Kyung, “Do you bring hit ratings?” referring to the high viewership ratings his last drama “Royal Secret Agent” achieved. Lee Yi Kyung comments, “I’m like someone with a spiritual sense.” Kim Ji Suk questions what percentage of the ratings Lee Yi Kyung contributed to in “Royal Secret Agent,” and Lee Yi Kyung replies, “It’s exactly half.” Kim Ji Suk states, “Oh, 7 percent? There wasn’t even a second of hesitation. Weren’t there three [main actors]? Shouldn’t it be divided evenly in three ways then?” Lee Yi Kyung laughs and jokingly states, “How can it be divided evenly?”

Watch the full making-of video below!

“Monthly Magazine Home” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481846wpp/watch-lee-yi-kyung-jokes-about-contributing-to-high-ratings-while-filming-cameo-on-monthly-magazine-home

• Like 3

Er--don't tell me, Young Won/Ja Sung will break up again? And what's Ja Sung's connection to Young Won's dad..? It's also such a late reveal. 

The whole Sang Soon/Ui Joo was quite annoying actually LoL, no thanks to the chief editor who couldn't just let it go LoL. 

Phew. Good thing it was Ja Sung that helped Young Won with the deposit. On the other it's sad Gyeom doesn't like Mi Ra back.. hope she knows his friend likes her though. 

• Like 3

Haha, Chief Editor really can't let anything go. Get a life, dude!

Ja-Seong told Yeong-Won that he once lost all the money he saved up. My guess is that he knew Yeong-Won's dad, and Yeong-Won's dad is the one who made him lose all his money. That's why he lives in the mountains like a hermit.

I don't know Korean real estate law, but in the U.S., even if the building owner defaults on the loan and loses the building, the tenant has the right to get their deposit returned. And if the owner can't pay, the new owner needs to. Since Ja-Seong is the new owner of the building, it's actually right for him to give her the money. (About $50,000)

Considering how the old owner apparently has other property, it's wrong of her not to pay Yeong-Won, and they should sue. But... I'm overthinking this. Also, the law in Korea may be different.

• Like 3

a2c86ad3bfcd4936b268be2cbd5a7fc8.jpeg?s=

“Monthly Magazine Home” Cast Bids Farewell To The Drama With Closing Words Ahead Of Finale

Aug 5, 2021

by L. Kim

The actors of JTBC’s “Monthly Magazine Home” have shared some comments ahead of the drama’s finale!

First off, Jung So Min, who made viewers smile with her acting as the warm and lovely Na Young Won, shared, “While playing Na Young Won, I understood our differences, and I was able to look back on myself while sympathizing with our similarities. I was really happy to meet the precious cast of ‘Monthly Magazine Home’ that is really like a family to me now. I am truly grateful to the viewers for cheering for me and watching the drama until the end.”

Kim Ji Suk, who starred as the proud but sweet Yoo Ja Sung, commented, “I was so happy while filming ‘Monthly Magazine Home.’ I loved the warm laughter and the excitement that we could show our story to the viewers. Also, I was glad to give everyone some comfort and laughter during the hard times. I hope this will be an opportunity to reflect on what kind of space home is and what it means to you. Thank you for loving me.”

Jung Gun Joo made hearts flutter with his acting as the sweet Shin Kyum who had a one-sided crush on Na Young Won. The actor remarked, “It feels new to watch the showafter the long filming has come to an end. I was able to see, learn, and feel a lot of things through the director, cast, and crew on a fun and pleasant set. Thank you for loving ‘Monthly Magazine Home’ all this time. I will greet you again with another good project.”

monthly-magazine-home-1.jpg

Chae Jung Eun charmed viewers with her transformation into the energetic and honest Yeo Eui Joo. She said, “This drama had bright energy, so I was happy throughout filming. I would like to thank the cast that I happily worked with and the hard-working crew. Above all, I sincerely appreciate the viewers who laughed and cried with Yeo Eui Joo.”

Kim Won Hae made viewers laugh as the chief editor who would always put a smile on in front of his boss Yoo Ja Sung. The actor expressed his affection for the drama, saying, “It was a meaningful drama that I enjoyed filming with the cast and crew. It was the best because we were together, and I was truly happy.”

Ahn Chang Hwan took the role of Nam Sang Soon, a character with realistic concerns about houses. He shared that he was really grateful and happy because of ‘Monthly Magazine Home’ and added, “I will cherish the memories of meeting Nam Sang Soon and being happy, and I will also remember my fellow family-like actors whom I relied on. I am sincerely grateful to the viewers who watched and loved ‘Monthly Magazine Home.'”

The final episode of “Monthly Magazine Home” airs on August 5 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482340wpp/monthly-magazine-home-cast-bids-farewell-to-the-drama-with-closing-words-ahead-of-finale

• Like 3

it's a shame this ending, but we are sure they got back together,  it was a beautiful romantic comedy a little melodrama, but the last episode ruined everything, if the writers wanted a real twist at the end, they had only to put the FL and the SML as a couple, it was going to shock everyone the world:sleeping:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It ended. 

Was close to dropping as plot was draggy & repetitive. They just had to milk the noble idiocy AGAIN. 

Then came.. the time jump. Gyeongju's gorgeous btw, love the trees between the tombs - like a painting. 

Happy for Sang Soon/Ui Joo. Way to go Sec. Hwang! He hit bank by stayin' loyal to Ja Sung & learning inside tips; good for him. He's a hottie too eheh. 

Adios amigos! It was fun while it lasted.. Take care y'all. XoX. 

• Like 3

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Monthly House, 월간 집

How long were they apart? I thought it was a few months, but Yeong-Won built an entire house during that time!

Okay, it's over.

I think the best things about this show were the actors. All the actors were good and I enjoyed the guest stars. I love Kim Ji-Seok and Jeong So-Min, and I would watch them in anything. They had great chemistry together, too.

I enjoyed the guest stars.

I enjoyed looking at all the houses.

And... yeap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Like many netizens, I'm going to pretend that Ep 16 didn't exist and I'm going to write my happy ending for JS and YW in my head. I was really looking forward to this because of KJS and JSM, and the synopsis of the drama sounded interesting. Why couldn't they have taken us on the journey of how JS and YW built a house and then a home together? I'm going to go watch KJS and JSM dramas with happy endings to make myself less upset.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1