Hangul: 월간 집

Director: Lee Chang-Min

Writer: Myung Soo-Hyun

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Release Date: June 16th, 2021 - August 5th, 2021

Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:00

Plot

Na Young-Won (Jung So Min) is the editor of Monthly House magazine. She has worked for 10 years, but she still does not own her own home. She currently lives in a monthly rental house. Nevertheless, Na Young-Won takes care of her rental place like it belongs to her. Her home reflects her personality and emotions. Things change when the new owner of her house, Yoo Ja-Sung (Kim Ji Suk), appears in front of her. She then becomes interested in buying her own home.

Yoo Ja-Sung is the CEO of Monthly House magazine. To him, the house is just a means to increase his assets and a place to sleep. He grew up poor and he thought the only way to become rich was through real estate. While working at construction sites as a laborer, he began to study real estate investments by himself at night. He is now wealthy, because of his real estate investments. He is also famous as an investment expert. He meets Na Young-Won.

Cast

Jung So Min as Na Young Won

E0qq7vsWQAQjQqi.jpg

Kim Ji Suk as Yoo Ja Sung

E0qq7i0WUAMatET.jpg

Jung Gun Joo as Shin Gyeom

E0qq76vWQAE9A_r.jpg

Kim Won Hae as Choi Go

Chae Jung An as Yeo Ui Joo

Ahn Chang Hwan as Nam Sang Soon

Yun Ji On as Jang Chan

Lee Hwa Kyum as Yook Mi Ra

Lee Ji Won as Kye Joo Hee

Lee Chae Hyun as single mother's son

Teaser

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

dac58eed310242438b4174be9c3faa3c.jpeg?s=

Jung So Min And Kim Ji Suk Confirm Casting For Upcoming JTBC Drama

Oct 6, 2020

by C. Hong

Jung So Min and Kim Ji Suk will be appearing in a new drama together!

JTBC’s “Monthly House” (literal translation) is a romance drama about a man who buys houses and a woman who lives in houses. It deals with the issue of housing, a common and important topic among people in South Korea, and asks questions like, “What does your house mean to you?”

Jung So Min has been cast as Na Young Won, the editor of a lifestyle magazine called “Monthly House.” She is an ordinary employee who has been in the workforce for 10 years. For those 10 years, she has always been on the verge of running out of money, and struggles with her monthly rental payments. But her home is the one place that she can be herself. Even though she rents her home, she cleans and decorates it as best she can. When she makes an enemy of the new owner of her house, she finally takes an interest in investment and buying her own home.

Kim Ji Suk has been cast as Yoo Ja Sung, the CEO of the lifestyle magazine “Monthly House,” who believes that houses are just assets to make him rich and a place for him to sleep a little at night. He grew up believing that the only way that a person can become rich in South Korea on his own is through investment in real estate, so he studied by day, worked part-time at night, and snuck into construction sites on weekends in order to understand the market. He is now a famous expert in real estate investment. When he gets involved in Na Young Won’s life as the new owner of her house, he finds that his beliefs are shaken.

“Monthly House” will be directed by Lee Chang Min (“Welcome to Waikiki”) and written by Myung Soo Hyun (“Rude Miss Young Ae,” “Drinking Solo”). It will air sometime in 2021.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429792wpp/jung-so-min-and-kim-ji-suk-confirm-casting-for-upcoming-jtbc-drama

• Like 5

Kim Ji Suk And Jung So Min’s Upcoming Drama Reveals Premiere Date And Poster

fe9e96ea481e48d68132207159aca120.jpeg?s=

Apr 27, 2021
by M. Kang

JTBC’s “Monthly House” (literal translation) has announced its new premiere date along with a new poster!

The upcoming romance drama is about a man who thinks houses are for “buying” and a woman who thinks houses are for “living.” Starting June 16, the drama will ring in the warm spring breeze with its heart-fluttering story.

In the poster released with the premiere date, magazine editor Na Young Won (Jung So Min) and the CEO of the magazine Yoo Ja Sung (Kim Ji Suk) stand alongside each other in the window of a sunlit house.

monthly-house.jpg

A “home” signifies one of the most highly desired assets among people of modern times. While Na Young Won thinks of home as a place where she can be herself, a house is simply a source of wealth and a place to sleep for Yoo Ja Sung. As these two individuals with opposing perspectives keep crossing paths, how will they come to see eye to eye?

The production team commented, “We were able to capture such a beautiful image thanks to Jung So Min and Kim Ji Suk maintaining their unique characters while being considerate of one another. Please stay on the lookout until the story begins with the first broadcast.”

“Monthly House” will be directed by Lee Chang Min of “Welcome to Waikiki” and written by Myung Soo Hyun of “Rude Miss Young Ae” and “Drinking Solo.” It will premiere on June 16 at 9 p.m. KST and air every Wednesday and Thursday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466225wpp/kim-ji-suk-and-jung-so-mins-upcoming-drama-reveals-premiere-date-and-poster

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Monthly House, 월간 집 - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on June 9

Finally found the thread. Was looking for this. I'm going to watch this drama.

In my post from the original, I mentioned I'm hoping to at least have something or similar to one of my favorite and best jdrama "Kazoku no Katachi".

• Like 3

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Monthly House, 월간 집 - Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on June 16

Watch: Jung So Min And Kim Ji Suk Introduce Their Contrasting Homes In New Drama Teaser

9a24c435aafd418db44d7e8172f66cc8.jpeg?s=

May 5, 2021
by S. Cho

Jung So Min and Kim Ji Suk’s upcoming drama has released its first teaser!

JTBC’s “Monthly House” (literal translation) is a romance drama that follows the story of Na Young Won (Jung So Min) who thinks houses are for living and Yoo Ja Sung (Kim Ji Suk) who thinks houses are for buying. (In Korean, “live” and “buy” can be worded the same way.) The drama takes “my house,” a buzzworthy topic in Korea, and brings out the issues accompanying housing with regards to justice and desire.

Na Young Won is an average office worker in her 10th year as an editor for a lifestyle magazine. Although she’s been paying high rent rates for 10 years now, she sees her home as a place full of all her emotions. To Yoo Ja Sung, a house is merely a means of property growth and somewhere to sleep. He believes that the only route to becoming rich in Korea is through real estate.

In the short but sweet teaser clip, Jung So Min carefully decorates her home and looks comfy with her surroundings. She shares, “Who cares if it’s rent? Even if it’s not a house I bought, it’s a place I can fill with my memories. I’ll show you a house you want to live in.”

Kim Ji Suk walks around a luxurious building and states, “Your salary cannot keep up with rising house prices. The answer is buying a house. You have to have an eye for good houses. I’ll show you a house you have to buy.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467460wpp/watch-jung-so-min-and-kim-ji-suk-introduce-their-contrasting-homes-in-new-drama-teaser

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Oh Maybe this drama about having a house will be a sweet sunny Rom Com(for real..)will be charming, portray likable characters, have logical writing and plotting, have character growth *Sips Tea*

• Like 2
  • Blob 1