[Drama 2021] The Witch's Diner, 마녀식당으로 오세요

ferily

Silly woman for taking her loser bf back. Now she has a hot ent doc who is interested (way better if ya ask me) She made a hasty decision & is losing her voice a la The Little Mermaid. 

Is Tom Kim the same guy from Nevertheless? The one who play Na Bi's jerk ex? Next ep. preview is makin' me curious with anticipation! Why does Jin want to go back to how everything was before? And the Yoon Gi fella is now homeless..? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Episode 4 was so much better than episode 3. It is interesting that they get what they wish for.  But the heavy price they have to pay for that wish shows how utterly desperate these people are. 

The singer will lose her beautiful voice for someone so not worthy of her. How sad. 

It's a shame that I have to wait for the next episode. Maybe I should have waited until it's completed before watching this. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I agree that this latest episode is great. I am one of these ladies that once I break up with someone, never going back!

Spoiler

So this episode’s strongest message today was when she finalized realized ‘she gave up on herself by making such a foolish wish to trade her precious voice for the user and undeserving bf. 

Awww Jin and GY movie date - I wonder what it will be re Tom Kim too. 

we are half way and I need the drama to start confirming some things about Jin’s background and her abilities. Maybe Hera is doing this for her own ‘exit’ out of being a dark magic witch? She will make Jin into a witch but maybe Jin will be the good kind? 

My guess re Jin wanting to go back - she finally realizes it’s more than it seems and def about her past that may reveal something and change her relationship with her mom (who seems like she knows more than is sharing with Jin too)!? Just my guess 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

I am enjoying this so much. Only 8 episodes? Kind of wish I picked this up when it was finished, because it's perfect for watching it all together.

It's interesting that the two people they've helped learned opposite lessons.

The first guy who couldn't find a job (Kang Gi-Dung) was told to believe in himself, and to not let other people judge him. (By Gil-Yeong and Jin). That gave him the courage to try and stop that guy from attacking that woman further. I'm assuming that his life turned out well as a result. However, it's hard to know if that means his wish came true, or if things would have turned out well for him regardless.

The singing woman (Ahn Eun-Jin) gave up her voice for her boyfriend who dumped her, and lives to regret it. What a cruel end. However, I think her wish was "for Seong-Ho to love me again," and it's clear that he came back to her, but he doesn't actually love her. He only came back because he failed his exam and his other girlfriend dumped him.

I love Ahn Eun-Jin. I knew she was a musical actress before, and I really enjoyed hearing her sing. Her voice is so beautiful.

I love the guest stars they have for this show. I can't wait to see how this ends.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Is Bae Yoonki going to end up rich even though he lost his two fingers!!??

----------------------

Jin should not have eaten that chocolate however dark and delicious it looked like. Now she has complicated her life more!

Maybe she was marked as the next witch in line to be successor to Heera.

• Like 3

Oh ep 5 and 6 dropped!! The drama is really picking up momentum and I think with each episode, it is getting better. I need to chat re these new episodes!

Spoiler

I cried soooo hard watching these two episodes. Maybe it is the cold medicine + my feels that this auntie gave up her memories so her son won’t be alone 

Sad Ice Cream GIF

But I really really love the message the most - that life is a struggle and that things may go wrong, be terrible now or short term but it doesn’t have to end or be like that in the long run. There’s a level of CHOICE in determine how things will go and be as influence by one’s attitude. I really like how they showed Jin (non-acceptance and emotionally blaming herself) vs GY (acceptance but fighting!) 

Ah Re Jin and Mr Kim, I knew this ship was doomed from the start and what a jerk. GY was 10000% correct lol. I wonder if this is what pushes Jin to become a witch. I am lightly rooting for Jin to acknowledge GY’s feelings - they don’t have to be a couple now but strong friendship is the way forth! 

ok - I don’t remember if I caught all the epilogues and but for ep 6’s epilogue — now thinking re Jin’s childhood. It seems mom knew about Heera’s interest to recruit Jin from a long time ago. Jin is cursed?? Because of something her dad or family did? Hmmm what do you all think? 

• Like 1

What's the shady deal Jin's mom made with Hee Ra? It reminds me of Rumpelstiltskin almost. And the actor who plays Tom Kim is consistent eh LoL. 

He cheated on Na Bi in "Nevertheless" and Jin in this geez. He has a 1y.o daughter for goodness sakes. 

Dementia is a common plot in several K-dramas lately. The Mugwort plant is savage ha-ha! 

• Like 1

Been enjoying this drama! Some stuff seems a bit rushed, like the relationship between Tom Kim and Jin... also you knew from the start that he was sketchy, they made it super obvious with the way he looked loool didn't have high hopes for him. 

I guess they're planning on making Jin become the witch, and maybe Gil Yong will be her support? Can't decide if I want a love to blossom between them or not - the actors' ages are appropriate, but in the show he's supposed to be like 18 right? Feels a bit weird.... but still rooting for him cause he's so sincere (unlike slimy Tom Kim). He's too adorable!! 

There's a lot of mystery with only 2 eps left... can't wait for it to unravel! 

• Like 1

I'm going to hold it in and wait for this to be completed before continuing. There's not a lot of drama that interests me these days. One is ending this week so I really am short of dramas to watch. I've resorted to rewatching old favorites.  

On 8/6/2021 at 12:44 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

And the actor who plays Tom Kim is consistent eh LoL. 

He cheated on Na Bi in "Nevertheless" and Jin in this geez. He has a 1y.o daughter for goodness sakes.

Good to know since that actor played possibly the best BF ever (in my opinion,) in Liver or Die, so I had hopes for how his relationship with Jin would develop here.  Guess I won't watch Nevertheless either....

I'm 100% hoping Jin doesn't recognize GYs feelings as they are creepy and the age difference is too great (for me!)  My favorite part of the first several episodes was the high school storyline so once GY ran away (and despite what he said I feel that is what he did,) and started stalking Jin I've liked him a lot less.  Ok, stalking is too strong but I really don't like his pursuing her romantically.

Hee Ra is still a mystery to me until now. What curse did she put on Jin twenty-three years ago? I wish they didn't have to wait until the final two episodes to cram all the revelations... unless they're planning for a second season?

I've always felt a sibling vibe between Jin and Gil Yong... and then I was surprised when his wish was revealed. As much as I'd like Chae Jong Hyeop to get the girl for once in his dramas... looks like GY is destined to become a support like Mr. Oh.