[Drama 2021] The Witch's Diner, 마녀식당으로 오세요

ferily

I like the first two episodes. Somehow despite the hardship the characters are experiencing, the two young leads still manage to remain good. 

The directing is good in a way that right from the start the drama reeled me in completely. I just wished there are more episodes to watch. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Interesting eheh. It feels like a Halloween special though LoL. The Witch is quite sassy ain't she? 

Be careful what you wish for~ The actor from "Nevertheless" is here too. He has such a charming smile & an interest for butterflies eheh. 

Can't believe he's 28y.o. He's 3 years senior to the fl. I was shocked 'cause he looks so young LoL. Will there be romance for these 2?

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

making of ep 1 & 2...

that scene with the broom..

Heera - '' its just for cleaning..''   :lol:

Gilyong is a good guy. I think there will be no romance between him and Jin because 

he is a student. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Interesting eheh. It feels like a Halloween special though LoL. The Witch is quite sassy ain't she? 

Be careful what you wish for~ The actor from "Nevertheless" is here too. He has such a charming smile & an interest for butterflies eheh. 

Can't believe he's 28y.o. He's 3 years senior to the fl. I was shocked 'cause he looks so young LoL. Will there be romance for these 2?

He's 28? He didn't look his age. I thought he would be younger. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I enjoyed the first two episodes, and I thought it set up everything well. I liked the chemistry between all of the main characters. I wonder if there is going to be a romance between NJH and CJH, but since he is playing a younger student they might not go there. However, the actor is two years older than the actress so they may ignore the character age difference. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I was wondering how Choi Jaesun from another show , could be in high school. But Jonghyeop looks good in school uniform!

I love the two episodes. But what's with the blue pill or red pill choice for the female lead.

Maybe she will become the next witch coz this witch seems to be hunting her down, in child hood.

Also why does Heera want these two!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Hiiiiii everyone.

Just saw the first two episodes and ohhh I enjoy the darker, eerie supernatural mixed in with the cruel reality of how evil some people can be (reality is indeed already too cruel)! I also loved how the writer used the ‘magic wishes’ as an enabler or manifestation tool of the deeper human desire, choices, and attitude.  

The cast is also doing very well and I like their chemistry too. 

oh I had no idea the ML is actually older than NJH!!! He looks soooo young!! Lol 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

EVENT: Celebrity Sightings

Have you met your favorite oppa? What was he like? Was he taller than you expected? :love:

Or do you want to meet him? What would the meeting be like?

Or did you meet a local celebrity? A sports figure maybe?

Share your stories with chingus on the Celebrity Sightings thread.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

• Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

It looks like Jin might be a.. clairvoyant? 

That was a cute & sweet wish of Gil Yong's. He just wants his noona to be happy~

Was surprised they didn't blur out Yoon Gi's chopped off fingers yikes. 

Yea could be eh.

Yes that part was eww.

• Like 3

I thought Witch Heera would say she just want GilYoung's heart!

But she wants him from head to toe! Maybe she is looking for a pure human spirit!

Also there was a lady waving in a portrait in a scene, behind where Heera and Jin were talking. I thought Jin would end up talking to that portrait like she is trying to befriend the mandrake!

• Like 3

Episode 3 was good! How many total episodes are we getting? Because I think they will have to explain some things very soon or else it would be rushed. GY’s wish is sweet and I like how they are portraying it. Not sure if they will go for the romance with Jin but I think in the future they can be a cute couple. 

• Like 2

I felt the episode was kinda rushed and the next guest is immediately introduced. Will check out the next episode if the pacing continues in this way. 

Somehow I like the first two episodes more probably because I liked the young leads. And the food served in this episode doesn't look too appetizing for me. Not a fan of dark colored chicken. 

I think I agree with one poster who commented about Ji Hyo's acting. She doesn't quite nailed the part of a Witch. Her eyes lack expression or due to contact lenses could not convey what is supposed to be a chilling gaze or creepy stare. 

Jang Nara's look in Sell your Haunted House looked more like a convincing Witch to me.  Ok Ja Yeon in Uncanny Counter also has that menacing look that will leave you trembling. 

Well I guess I could only imagine which actress could have been perfect for the role. 

• Like 3

@htk9207 oh I agree with you that it was translated to ‘chicken soup’ and I am scratching my head on how or why is that dish a soup lol and yes, I agree that it didn’t look appealing to me at all too! 

Ji Hyo’s acting is a bit off and stiff but I don’t think it is too bad. I don’t think they got her styling right except for the hair and make-up and I think it doesn’t help etc. 

I think Jang Nara’s look from SYHH would be too modern for such an ancient witch based on the use of heliographs in her witch stuff 

• Like 2

Im soo happy i found this thread where i can share my excitement for this drama. I watched the two released episodes the other day and was beyond thrilled, I love the main leads, especially Song Ji Hyo and Nam Ji Hyun, i think they nailed their characters, im especially pleased with the styling of heera, i think it really captured her mysterious being, beautiful and mysterious, with a uniq and different personality from usual k-dramas. I think the storyline is going by a good path, i just am very curious about heera, and her role as a witch, it seems like she has alot of hidden agendas, I just wish there were more episodes, as its really addicting.

On 7/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, dzareth said:

Hmm... I think SJH does not quite have what it takes to play such quirky characters. Not the way Kim Hye Sun (Queen of the Office), Kim Sun Ah (Kim Sam Soon), Jun Ji Hyun (My Love from Another Star), Ye Ji Won (too many quirky characters to list...), IU (Hotel Del Luna). So as for the first 2 eps, this drama doesn't really pique my interest.

Song Ji Hyos character heera is not supposed to be quirky, its mysterious and dark, her dark close and makeup are like that for a reason, she is afterall a witch, who does dark magic....

• Like 4

some amazing news a want to share:

"The 1st Episode of ‘The Witch’s Diner’ Surpasses 1.4 Million Views on YouTube. Now, The Witch’s Diner is considered the best fantasy rom-com since Hotel Del Luna. The bold and refreshing directing that blows away the sweltering heat is only raising more expectations."

https://www.mymusictaste.com/news/the-1st-episode-of-the-witchs-diner-surpasses-1-4-million-views-on-youtube,2054/

• Like 2

EVENT: Goong (Princess Hours) re-watch party!

a5d5ebd93f924de99933c88b17a246db.jpeg?x=

Chingus, join us for a Goong re-watch event starting on Monday August 2.

This is one of those classic dramas that contributed to the first Hallyu Wave and shot Ju Ji Hoon, Yoon Eun Hye & Song Ji Hyo to fame.

It doesn't matter if you have already watched it or if you are watching it for the first time, everyone is welcome to join! :kiss_wink:

All EOs will be watching it too. Do join us!

Your Event Organizers,

@confusedheart326 @agenth @Sleepy Owl @Lmangla @partyon

• Like 2