[Drama 2021] The Witch's Diner, 마녀식당으로 오세요

ferily

TVING Drama 2021

The Witch's Diner/Come to the Witch's Restaurant

E4C1jgkX0AIKPqi.jpg

Drama: Come to the Witch's Restaurant (literal title)

Hangul: 마녀식당으로 오세요

Director: So Jae-Hyun

Writer: Goo Sang-Hee, Lee Young-Sook

Network: TVING

Episodes: 8

Release Date: July 16th, 2021

Plot

Jung Jin is an ordinary 28-year-old woman with a job and a boyfriend, but her boyfriend dumps her and she gets fired from her job. Jung Jin then decides to open a restaurant with her mother. The restaurant goes bankrupt. Her mother goes down to the country and Jung Jin is left alone at the restaurant. At that time, Jo Hee-Ra appears in front of her. Jo Hee-Ra is a witch and she wants to borrow Jung Jin's restaurant to open her own restaurant. Jo Hee-Ra's restaurant would make food that grants a customer's wish. In exchange for granting their wish, the customers would give Jo Hee-Ra something that she wants from them. Jung Jin is skeptical at first, but she has an incredible experience from eating Jo Hee-Ra's food. Jung Jin soon works with Jo Hee-Ra and the restaurant becomes popular. (Asianwiki)

Cast

Song Ji Hyo as Jo Hee Ra

Come-To-The-Witch-Restaurant-3-1536x1024.jpg

Nam Ji Hyun as Jung Jin

Come-To-The-Witch-Restaurant-2-1536x1024.jpg

Chae Jong Hyeop as Lee Gil Yong

Come-To-The-Witch-Restaurant-1536x1024.jpg

Yoon Da Young as Lee Yoon Mi

Son Kwang Eop as Gi Yong's father

Ha Do Gwon as CEO Oh

Ahn Eun Jin - cameo

Lee Kyu Hyung

Kang Gi Doong

Script Reading

song-ji-hyo-nam-ji-hyun-chae-jong-hyeop-1.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.14.50 PM.png

Teaser

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 3

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Come to the Witch's Restaurant, 마녀식당으로 오세요 - Premieres later this year, 2021
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now, and the teaser looks so good. 

Out of curiosity (and/or to know what I'll be getting into), I purchased the original novel and just finished reading the prologue. Looks promising, so far.

I guess I'll have some reading to do as I wait for the drama :) 

• Like 3

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Witch's Diner, 마녀식당으로 오세요 - Premieres later this year, 2021
  • ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Witch's Diner, 마녀식당으로 오세요 - Premieres July 16th

New Casting news! :).

KangKiDong confirmed cast for TVING original drama TheWitchsDiner, he will act as Bae Yoon-gi who is a customer of SongJiHyo’s witch restaurant, he is having a hard time because he has less luck of getting a job. Release on July 16.

TVING original drama TheWitchsDiner teaser trailer, release on July 16.

• Like 2

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] The Witch's Diner, 마녀식당으로 오세요 - Fri @ 16:00 KST

Hmm... I think SJH does not quite have what it takes to play such quirky characters. Not the way Kim Hye Sun (Queen of the Office), Kim Sun Ah (Kim Sam Soon), Jun Ji Hyun (My Love from Another Star), Ye Ji Won (too many quirky characters to list...), IU (Hotel Del Luna). So as for the first 2 eps, this drama doesn't really pique my interest.