[Drama 2023] Taxi Driver 2, 모범택시 2

LeftCoastOppa

The 15th episode is a painful experience to watch.  The force confession is so similar to the one from Memory of Murder where the 2 cops tried to pin a pervert for the murders until the 3rd learned an important clue about the killer, looked at the suspects features realizing he wasn't the culprit.  It also showed how the corrupt police covered the crimes with false confessions and didn't bother do their job properly because of their greed and laziness.   

• Like 1

Aww~that's the end..??

When it was revealed she got 20 years imprisonment.. I can't at Baek Sung Mi's face ahahahah?! 

I kind of wanted Do Gi-Go Eun to date eh whatever LoL. Anyways the Deluxe Taxi rides on. And Ha Na joins as an added member. 

Well that's it. End of another drama on to the next! It's been fun, take care y'all XoX. 

• Like 2

Well that's the end!  I think that is what their group was all about, that is to overcome evil with good.

I do have a question. Remember the bullied schoolboy way back? Who was that guy he met in the convenience store? It didn't look like the former Udata employee.

Also what is the statutes of limitation in Korea? They said it was past that in this last 2 episodes of Taxi Driver.

Why is it in Beyond Evil, they were still able to arrest the Commissioner for the death of the victim even though it has been 21 years or so already? I thought the statutes already expired.

The end seemed... too simple?... less fun fare, less action and it looked as if 2nd season is possible.  I hope netizens would be less critical of Esom...

Yes, i also didnt understand how there was a retrial when the statute of limitation has ended. Its good that cases gets retrial as we know there are cases where justice was not served and wrong people gets arrested and imprisonment.  Recently, wasnt there a huge payout for wrongful confinement in the US? ... Huge payout  to victim.

Also suddenly Go Eun called Dogi, ajushhi^... so if their age gap is so great now.. hehe... i didnt notice he called Dogi ajusshi before this.. hmm

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

The end seemed... too simple?... less fun fare, less action and it looked as if 2nd season is possible.  I hope netizens would be less critical of Esom...

Yes, i also didnt understand how there was a retrial when the statute of limitation has ended. Its good that cases gets retrial as we know there are cases where justice was not served and wrong people gets arrested and imprisonment.  Recently, wasnt there a huge payout for wrongful confinement in the US? ... Huge payout  to victim.

Also suddenly Go Eun called Dogi, ajushhi^... so if their age gap is so great now.. hehe... i didnt notice he called Dogi ajusshi before this.. hmm

The ending was predictable by very nice! And it is for sure a hint for second season. Since Ha Na is now a part of the team. She was sooo gorgeous in the last scene,truly an angel :fullofhearts:Netizens didn't like a character at the start not the actress but from 12 ep they have turned around and liked Ha Na.

Age gap between Do Gi and Go Eun are 12 years so yeah)

• Blob 1

18 hours ago, mystic62 said:

The 15th episode is a painful experience to watch.  The force confession is so similar to the one from Memory of Murder where the 2 cops tried to pin a pervert for the murders until the 3rd learned an important clue about the killer, looked at the suspects features realizing he wasn't the culprit.  It also showed how the corrupt police covered the crimes with false confessions and didn't bother do their job properly because of their greed and laziness.   

Ep.15 and Memory of Murder were adapted from the same case, Hwaseong serial murder which was solved a few months ago. Indeed, the real culprit is someone who is already in jail for another murder. The only deviations from truth : the culprit did not express remorse; the culprit doesn't look evil.

I raced to see the last five minutes of Ep.16 before watching this weekend's episodes.  I am so relieved. Sequel 2, anyone? ...and bring back Chinese buck-tooth Ahjumma and Evil Cruella aka organ trafficker:ok:

• Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Taxi Driver, 모범택시

Just watched the final episode.  Great drama!  I enjoyed every episode.

The psycho could feel remorse because he inadvertently hurt his own son?  Hmmm

• Like 1

Overall I really liked this show. You could tell that they had a change in writer, but I didn't mind the changes that were made. Just the way the changes were made. 

- I liked that they confronted how messed up the personal prison they were using was

- I liked that we got to see more of Esom's character. I think they waited too long to include her in the main story. 

- I enjoyed the action scenes, however at some point we needed someone who could actually challenge Do Gi in a fight. Just to make it more fair

The changes seemed sudden, I think they should have either changed writers earlier to make the switch more smooth. Or not changed them at all. It just seems like they questioned the prisoners and the next episode it all blew up. A more gradually progression would have been better. 

Just like in Uncanny Counter I wonder what the original writer wanted. I think they were still going to have Ms Baek screw them over, because the organ donor scheme was from before the writer switch. 

I want a Season 2 and hope there is one. I think the story of Ms Baek's sister would be good. I would also like to know why the two mechanics joined the team, I can't remember if they told us in that circle talk early in the show. If they did I don't remember it. Also, how does the new Rainbow Team work? Like does the Rainbow Team find the evidence and just hand it over to Hana? 

• Like 2

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/05/688_309656.html
Drama 'Taxi Driver' finale sets ratings record

By Dong Sun-hwa | 2021-05-30

ECA181AF-8242-44A2-9605-DC837586D8EC.jpg
Poster for the SBS drama "Taxi Driver" Courtesy of SBS

SBS's action-crime series "Taxi Driver" ended with a bang. 

The 16-episode drama wrapped up Saturday with its highest viewership ratings, seeing a 15.3 percent viewership nationwide and 16.6 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area, according to Nielsen Korea. Since its premiere on April 9 at 10.7 percent, "Taxi Driver" had been going strong, with its ratings hovering at around 14 percent or 15 percent.

Based on the popular webcomic "The Deluxe Taxi," by Carlos and Lee Jae-jin, "Taxi Driver" revolves around Kim Do-gi (Lee Je-hoon), a cabbie working for Rainbow Taxi Company who aims to deliver justice by taking revenge on behalf of falsely accused clients. Its episodes portray actual crimes that took place in Korea.

"I cannot believe that our drama has ended," Lee, who has been praised for his vivid portrayal of his character, said in a statement, Saturday. "I am truly thankful to our viewers and wish our production team could join forces again to write our new story."

Actress Esom, who played prosecutor Kang Ha-na, said, "Taxi Driver will be unforgettable. I was happiest when the viewers said they found delight amid this tough time thanks to our series."

Numerous people are expecting a second season of "Taxi Driver," but nothing has been confirmed so far. 

Meanwhile, "Taxi Driver" will be replaced by the third season of "The Penthouse: War in Life," a hugely popular series starring Kim So-yeon, Eugene, Lee Ji-ah, Um Ki-joon and Yoon Jong-hoon. 

——

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/01/taxi-driver-lee-je-hoon-says-his-favorite-nickname-is-god-dogi/
‘Taxi Driver’ Lee Je Hoon Says His Favorite Nickname Is “God Dogi”

by krishkim

Lee Je Hoon frankly opened up about his latest work, SBS’s Taxi Driver. From Lee Naeun’s exit to controversy over his stunts and writer replacement, the actor expressed his honest feelings as a leading actor.

“I worked on it for a long time, and I feel sad now that it’s over. Rather than feeling relieved, I feel like I want to be with the actors and the staff for a little longer. I wish we’d all be together soon,” the actor shared.

Lee mentioned why he thinks Taxi Driver received such glowing reviews. “I think people were enthusiastic about the plot that has someone else punishing the evil that mistreated the weak,” he said. “Even I felt catharsis as I read the scripts. I couldn’t approach this lightly because I’m supposed to revenge on other people’s behalf. The weight of solving the victims’ resentment and anger made me feel responsible. There were many concerns. But I was sure that the message that I wanted to show would be delivered.”

The actor challenged action sequences for the first time. “The martial arts team prepared so well. The sequences were difficult and dangerous, especially the car action scene. But thanks to their guidance, I got to do what I did.”

As for the controversy over his double doing the stunts, Lee explained, “The director and staff were released about the leading actor getting injured. They wanted to stop me from overdoing things. And of course, I had to respect their wishes and accept it.”

Taxi Driver had to reshoot after Lee Naeun left the production. “It wasn’t at all chaotic. I thought some things could change since we have to act again. But Pyo Ye Jin checked everything so thoroughly including how each actor acts, so nothing really changed.”

Lee also mentioned the writer’s replacement. “I didn’t think much about the fact that we had a new writer. I never met writer Lee Ji Hyun in person, but if there is season 2, it will be very meaningful to make it together.”

With this work, he has received much love. And of all the nicknames he has earned, Lee’s favorite was “God Dogi.” “Every character I play is the best character to me. They are my everything because I pour out all that I’ve got and focus while thinking that each role is my life. So right now, Kim Do Gi is a role of a lifetime.”

Viewers’ expectations for season 2 are already high. In the final episode, the Rainbow Taxi Company members, who returned to their own lives, were seen coming together once again. “Maybe it signals that Rainbow Taxi Company is ready to help those who weren’t protected by the law. I loved how it ended with curiosity and expectations as Prosecutor Kang Ha Na also joined the group. I think it will be more meaningful if she shows up as Rainbow Taxi Company’s aid.”

Source (1, 2)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

——

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/k-pop/k-drama/article/3135478/k-drama-review-taxi-driver-revenge-fuelled-action-saga
Pierce Conran’s Review | K-drama review: Taxi Driver – revenge-fuelled action saga gears up for future fares

• Like 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/06/688_309851.html
Actor Lee Jae-hoon's journey to deliver meaningful messages through acting

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2021-06-03

C1CED5F8-D893-4A05-93A7-3D930CF637B7.jpg
Actor Lee Jae-hoon recently starred in two series, "Taxi Driver" and "Move To Heaven." Courtesy of PRJ

Since his breakthrough role as a college student experiencing his first love in "Architecture 101" that won the hearts of women, heartthrob Lee Jae-hoon has been widening his repertoire as a versatile actor by taking on various roles. 

"I strive to grow in each role and to show a new layer of myself as an actor," Lee said during an interview with The Korea Times, Monday. 

And his two recent works, the SBS series "Taxi Driver" and Netflix series "Move to Heaven," where he plays two diversely opposite characters ― a stringent ex-special force officer and a rowdy ex-con ― prove his point. 

"As an actor, I always spend time studying and thinking of ways in which I can develop a new character when choosing a project, and through those worthwhile efforts, I was able to deliver meaningful stories through the two works," Lee said. 

BF459DEB-65D3-4805-B42C-237072992211.jpg
Lee, right, plays ex-con Sang-gu in the series "Move to Heaven." Courtesy of Netflix

Despite the differences in characters, both "Taxi Driver" and "Move to Heaven" bring the limelight on people in need, either victims of crimes or underprivileged individuals. 

The action series "Taxi Driver," which successfully wrapped last Saturday, reaching its highest viewership rating of 16 percent, revolves around a driver, Kim Do-ki (Lee), at a taxi company that takes revenge on behalf of its clients who are victims of injustice or violence.

The heartfelt series "Move to Heaven" follows trauma scene cleaners ― Cho Sang-gu (Lee) and his nephew (Tang Joon-sang) ― who clean out the possessions of deceased people and deliver their untold stories to their loved ones. The ex-con Sang-gu grows to learn the value of family as he encounters the different complexities of people's lives that involve various social issues such as people dying alone, job insecurity and stalking crimes.

Adding that he never stops challenging himself, Lee said the role of Sang-gu was a chance to express himself differently both in terms of appearance and acting. "I've had a thirst for roles that transition from a negative to a positive character… and this role was aligning with the need I had in acting," he said.

A16BFBF8-2E65-406D-B529-ACB6DC574372.jpg
A scene from "Move To Heaven" / Courtesy of Netflix

When asked why he chose TV dramas that bring up social issues, he explained that he had grown to take more interest in current events happening around him. 

"When I take a role, I tend to study and explore the life that character probably had. And because my experiences are limited to my own life, I try to pay close attention to my surroundings… like how people live these days, what they are interested in and are crazy about, or what devastates them. I try to take in those stories both directly and indirectly," he said, adding that it widened his scope of perspective. 

"And this affected how I choose my projects. Now, rather than solely focusing on the character that I'll be playing, I have come to be more interested in the messages a film or series will deliver and how this will resonate with the viewers."

"Taxi Driver hit the right notes of my two passions of playing a multidimensional character and a story with a valuable lesson," he said. 

In the series, Lee's character, Kim Do-ki, has a gloomy past where his mother was murdered by a serial killer, turning him into a loner. But when he carries out revenge plans for his clients, he takes on various roles ― from a nerdy teacher to a womanizing Chinese smuggler ― to go undercover and serve justice on the criminals, vigilante-style.

"This is the first time I got to play such a colorful character, which worried me at first," he said. "But I eventually had so much fun pushing myself to new limits in acting."

Spoiler

B7647FD8-B450-4273-9E16-0D0ABC4AFC9C.jpg

Lee plays ex-special forces soldier, Kim Do-ki, in the series "Taxi Driver." Courtesy of SBS

The biggest reason he chose this series was the director, he said. The director, Park Joon-woo, had the experience of working on investigative journalism shows including "Unanswered Questions" before directing a TV series. So most of the cases were taken from actual crimes, such as phishing scams, forced labor, peeping Toms, and abuse in the workplace.

"Documentaries and journalism programs are necessary, but if the real-life events were reimagined with fiction, I think more people would be interested and watch them not just for fun, but also to be provoked to think about the real crimes again," he said.

The taxi company acts as a last resort for the crime victims. With distrust in the legal system, the vigilante group goes into action for justice, oftentimes with illegal acts such as hacking, theft, abduction, and assault.

The dark hero story of "fighting evil with evil deeds" was not only cathartic for the viewers, but also for the actor himself. "I think many people were pleased with the story about defeating an evil that preys on the weak, which was cathartic for me too," he said. 

Spoiler

694083F8-662C-4F88-84B7-821835402B1E.jpg

A scene from "Taxi Driver" / Courtesy of SBS

But as some cases resembled actual events, Lee said he felt a sense of responsibility as if he was actually avenging the real-life victims. 

"The approach for my character and the story had to be more serious than my previous work. It gave me a sense of duty as if I was actually helping them let go of their trauma and resentment," he said. "Vigilante revenge service shouldn't and can't happen in real life… but (the series) reminded people to voice their concerns and take interest in the crimes surrounding us so no one has to be a victim of injustice or violence." 

The actor is also set for another challenge, not just as an actor, but also as a director and producer. He is producing and directing the local streaming service Watcha's original series, "Unframed," with the production company he co-founded called Hard Cut. 

"I've always been keen about creating content," he said. "I want to try making not only feature films but also videos in general… the actors including myself have written the script of the series."

BTS of the final episodes it's so nice to see the cast laughing together. SBS are really the biggest Goeun Doki shippers lol and Lee Jehoon really seems to want a second season, he keeps mentioning it whenever he can.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/07/taxi-driver-will-be-back-next-year-with-season-2/
‘Taxi Driver’ Will Be Back Next Year with Season 2

by Kim Da In

294EEE68-1B57-4806-A0AA-4868FED7A056.png
Credit: SBS

On the 6th, according to the broadcasting industry, Taxi Driver’s producing company Studio S has let out its plans for the second season. 

It is still at the beginning stage of the planning process, and they haven’t come up with the exact production date yet. However, they started recruiting the staff aiming to air the series next year. Some of the actors who appeared in Season 1 were reportedly informed of the matter to discuss whether they would star in the next season or not.

Ended on May 29th, Taxi Driver tells the story of a private “revenge” agency ‘Rainbow Taxi Company.’ Its thrilling action scenes and satisfying plot scored the highest viewership ratings of 16 percent (Nielsen Korea). After season 1’s finale, there were a lot of requests for season 2. 

With high viewership ratings and enthusiasm, the production company hurried up and decided to make another season. As it deals with various social issues in each episode, they came up with the idea of making this into a franchise series. What’s most important is the main actors’ schedules for next year. For now, there is a positive outlook that they will most likely join the following season. 

Previously, Lee Je Hoon and Kim Ui Seong had shown a passion for the following seasons in their interviews. They’ve said, “There must be a Season 2.”

Source (1)
Translator Kim Da In: I will provide exciting news of K-pop and K-dramas and Korean entertainment-related news.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 5:33 PM, chickfactor said:

Lee Je-Hun is amazing. Have you seen "Signal?" "Move to Heaven" is really good, too.

Yes ive started watching Signal on Netflix.. I was hoping for Season 2 of Taxi Driver with Prosecutor Kang Ha Na on Rainbow Team :)

• Like 1