[Drama 2023] Taxi Driver 2, 모범택시 2

LeftCoastOppa

Yeah I don't know how I feel about Maria and Goeun having to face their abusers/traumas again. I think it was this episode where you could REALLY feel the tone shift and I'm not sure what to think of it.

Seeing how quickly Hana took back her revenge request I still stand by my point that her working together with the taxi team should have been handled differently.

Seeing Mr Wang with his wife and his kids at the end of the hidden track broke my heart ;(

• Blob 1

@kaqueski

Ah so that's who he was.. Well, he's not wrong LoL. I mean Go Eun wanted to avenge on her sis' behalf. But yea technically Do Gi was the one that beat the crap out of him. He should've broke his legs if ya ask me. 

One more thing, how is it logical that Go Eun got injured when it's clear she had a helmet on huh?! And Maria sees that idiot looking chipmunk & she didn't think to run away?! Aish LoL. Instead she just froze. :unamused:

• Blob 1

On 5/19/2021 at 9:46 PM, agenth said:

I agree which is why I am hesitant if she is actually on board. Maybe this is her “scheming”, trying to catch them? 

Although I suppose it’s more likely she did change her view due to her loss, though it was strange for her to sit in the taxi she was actually hunting down lol. 

i didn’t even know about the writer change, though that may explain the abrupt change of mind? 

Oh, I didn't get that vibe.  I thought it was her loss that made her turn to the "taxi service".  From the start, I thought she would be the love interest of Kim Do Ki.  

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1. Yes, Dogi's pain tolerance is amazing... he is as good as Vincenzo... Dogi was trained in korean special forces while Vincenzo by Italian special forces right... they must have a training on pain endurance.. i gasp when dogi was stabbed on the sholder, i tot thats the end of it but not nooo.. he went on and on...

2. Its amazing that the villans never use a single gun... all were just using sticks and fists to fight Dogi.. 20men cant fight 1 man.. sigh..

3. Halfway though the fighting, and Go eun rescue, i was hoping that Go eun would call Hana to go and rescue Digi who was going to the dungen. But nope...

4. Hey, its pickup of doom, not truck... which reminds me, i thought she really like the old man before she schemed to kill him...sigh, i wonder who he was and why was he the target.. cant just be a normal rich man.. hmm... and man, how could they think she would be alive by that slamming of the truck.. it would so darn risky... she could have easily killed the man if she wanted to but to use it via truck?.. hmmm

5.  Eh, where did all the police go after the final scene? ...

6. I didnt understand why Hana was not behind Dogi when they were driving to the port...she was just behind him all the way earlier but then suddenly went missing and came back with a lot of police cars... hmm

7. Will dogi be free and out of jail for his deeds?... hmm

Congrats to the production for being top of their ratings for what, 6 weeks?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I think I can say now that I really don't appreciate the change of writer it's like the whole narrative changed, yeah we get it revenge is not the best option but the point was that those people they helped were people who were failed by the law but somehow they make it look like the team was in the absolute wrong and are getting punished for it. I didn't like how they made Maria and Goeun go through that again (tho I appreciate the hug between Dogi and Goeun lol). Idk this episode left me kinda unsatisfied.

For a moment I thought they really killed Jineon and I was so mad but seeing that he was undergoing surgery and looking at the preview it looks like he'll survive. Looks like the last two episodes will deal  with the murder of Dogi's mom let's see how they wrap it up.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Ok, Do Gi hugged Go Eun and consoled her, i like i like. These two interactions are so pure, need to protect. 

I also enjoy the taxi and truck of doom race - where Do Ki got out of the taxi while doing the front impact with the truck. 

There's not much other things I like about the episode. If taxi treat us with satisfying revenge in the beginning, now it's just frustration... seeing the good side sufferings. 

I also dislike that everyone needs Do Ki to come and save them.... and i mean everyone in the team. I wish they would give other members some credits for fighting as well and not just Do Ki. It makes Do Ki toooo glorified and unreal of a person (like him taking a gang of people after got stab in the shoulder and etc.) 

But I understand that since Taxi is showing on public broadcast (SBS) and not cable channel, they cannot go completely anti-hero the way Vincenzo did - Vincenzo is definitely a villain til the very end with no consequence paid for his "good intention disguised crimes". 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, cherriesblue said:

in the epilogue of ep 13, I don't know who is that girl in he church?  the guy is a former U data employee. 

The girl in the church is the sister of the guy that the one twin murdered and whose body they dissolved.

3 minutes ago, cherriesblue said:

and who is the guy taking revenge on Go Eun?  the boyfriend who took secret videos of her sister?

Yes.

17 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

I also dislike that everyone needs Do Ki to come and save them.... and i mean everyone in the team

True tbh I was hoping Goeun would somehow manage to save herself since she didn't have that many opponents but after all she isn't a fighter and neither are the other members and hey we did get a hug out of it :yay: lol.

It was nice seeing her take initiative though in trying to help Maria escape while she herself stayed and blocked the door and when she hit the guy with her helmet.

But yeah you would want the rest of the team to be a bit moe capable seeing how they deal with bad guys.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@cherriesblue

The girl at church was a family member of the pastor remember? Her brother was killed for his organs by 1 of Madam Baek's minions. 

As for the idiot who targeted Go Eun, turns out he was her late sis' trashy ex bf. Sighs so many despicable people on this drama. Except for Do Gi & Go Eun. Btw Do Gi is like a marvel superhero hah! He's a 1 man army. 

Not sure with Go Eun stomping on that perpetrator's phone was the right solution? She should've taken the sim card & reformat it or something. Although it's pointless as it's in the web already. 

Poor Mr. Jang & Mr. Choi... I knew it! The white truck of doom makes another appearance LoL. Ouch the way Do Gi stapled his wounds is like something Rambo would do. 

Oh no another poor soul... Mr. Park~

• Blob 1

I am not hating the new direction the show is taking. While I loved the revenge I always thought the way the would capture the bad guys was poorly thought out. It would be one thing if the CEO controlled the prison. But using a criminal to do it for you was always going to end badly. Like he kept talking about rehabilitation, but again there is no reference of it ever working. 

I think even the original writer was going to have that go badly. Also there were a lot of prisoners, I know they are only focusing on the ones we know. However, wouldn't the other ones have been locked up for longer, and so even angrier than the ones we know. 

However, are there no consequences for them imprisoning all those people. I mean I don't see how they get away with it. I figured the crime boss would want to take them down with her. 

The last two episodes seem to deal with Do-gi moms case, which I think the old writer set up. That is why we saw the serial killer in prison, I always thought that scene was a little random. 

I'm just have they are giving Esom's character more to do. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

https://zapzee.net/2021/05/27/taxi-driver-cast-picks-the-shows-best-scenes-and-lines/
Taxi Driver Cast Picks The Show’s Best Scenes and Lines

by Na Young Gil | 2021-05-27

Only two episodes left, SBS’s Taxi Driver revealed its best scenes and lines chosen by the five casts: Lee Je Hoon, Esom, Pyo Ye Jin, and Cha Ji Yeon.

1. Lee Je Hoon
7776641D-0C09-430A-8B03-C9AFAB253D5B.jpg
Lee Je Hoon revealed that he wants to pick every car chase scene that Kim Do Gi was involved in as his most memorable scene. “It was very thrilling, especially when cars flipped over. It captured the quintessence of vehicle stunts, and it was very exhilarating for me as a viewer.
He also shared that Wang Min Ho’s words to prosecutor Kang Ha Na were the most unforgettable line in the series. “Thank you for everything you do for the people in need, for people like Seo Young Min. I respect you. I hope you stay in this organization for as long as possible. Don’t chase the money, don’t go anywhere else and hold out. In order to stay in this organization, don’t let yourself break down. Winds easily break bamboos because they are so straight and stiff. But grass keeps rising again no matter how hard the wind blows. Act like bamboo, but be resilient like grass. Don’t let anyone break you and hang in there.”

2. Esom
4291EEF0-DE33-4795-9944-706A8A510F2B.jpg
Esom’s choice was in episode 12, the scene where Kang Ha Na asks Kim Do Gi to take her revenge. “That was the scene where Kang Ha Na changes her mind about serving the justice only within the law’s boundary. In the scene, Kang Ha Na, who was traumatized by the loss of her colleague, chooses to take Kim Do Gi’s ways, which are significantly different from hers. You can also see how she changed in that scene. It was the show’s turning point. The two people, who were the opposites of each other, suddenly starts to aim the same goal,” she explained.

3. Pyo Ye Jin
69651289-6DEB-4741-BD5F-7AF0DAFCF7DF.jpg
Pyo Ye Jin shared that her most memorable scene is when Udata’s mine got exploded. “To Go Eun, the explosion of the mine was a final farewell to her older sister. That made me very sad even when I was shooting the scene. I was very satisfied with it when I was watching the scene on TV. The editing and music facilitated capturing the emotions and the end of the big incident. It was a satisfying yet a very touching scene.”
She picked “5283 starts operating” as her most memorable line. “Whenever Kim Do Gi says this, I get excited, and my heart starts beating fast. That’s why it’s the most memorable to me. I want to keep hearing it,” she said.

4. Cha Ji Yeon

Spoiler

8B39F7A6-A16A-4031-838D-4DA7F20F02D6.jpg

Cha Ji Yeon’s most memorable scene and line were in the latter part of episode 12. “The most unforgettable moment was when Big mama smiled in a car after fooling Rainbow Transport Team, pretending to have been backstabbed by secretary Goo. Plus, when she said to CEO Lee, “I planned it all,” it made me feel like she became the biggest villain on Taxi Driver. It was so thrilling,” she said.

Source (1)
Translator Na Young Gil: Zapzee is the best Korean pop culture community, and I’m happy to be part of it.

• Like 2

Wow! Kim Do Ki's last job(?) is based from the Hwaseong Serial Murder. Looks like this is an open ending. Can't wait for the finale episode!  :approves: 

Oh btw, is the Taxi Driver shirt an official merch that we can buy? Saw that when they guested in a radio show this week

I'm going to miss Baek Sung Mi... She has to be one of the best k-drama villains in recent times. Especially that we rarely see female villains in k-dramaworld. She's also sassy and that raspy voice just suited the role. I'm also surprised that the actress is actually younger than how she looked (I thought she is in her 40s at least)...

• Like 1

Oh no the finale is here! 

I felt sad for the wrongfully accused ahjusshi. Unfortunately the same can be said for the laws in my country as well. 

Just how many innocent beings are locked away? While the evil run free. This ep. was based on an actual case. That poor child.. 

The man who was falsely accused, I thought he handled it very graciously & with so much kindness. 

So the prison guard was Oh Chul Young's own son? I hope Do Gi doesn't get locked up. Btw Lee Je Hoon sound like Christian Bale in Batman ha-ha!